PDA

View Full Version : LA Marathon

Beer Factor
03-20-2006, 07:33 AM
Did anybody else run it yesterday? My condolences to the families of the 2 runners that died during the race. I guess they were both former law enforcement officers. It made sick to my stomach when i ran by one of them down on the 22nd mile. They were trying to resesitate him but i guess it didn't work.

Beer Factor
03-20-2006, 07:52 AM
You made it the entire way? How did Shiela do? Good job. I couldn't do that
We both made it in 5:34. Not my best time, but i'm getting old. I wanted to be in the 4's but only 3 months training, not enough.

Tom Brown
03-20-2006, 07:56 AM
That really blows that someone would lose their life going for such a fantastic personal goal.
Kudos to them for going after their dreams. It's too bad for the families. Maybe it will help knowing they lost someone who was doing it right.

Steamin' Rice
03-20-2006, 09:40 AM
Congrats on the finish. I am currently training for the rock 'n roll marathon in June..

Beer Factor
03-20-2006, 03:02 PM
I am impressed....with Shiela's time....lol JK Good for you guys Ross. Is this why you weren't drinking on Friday? I can just see you two crossing the finish line while holding hands :)
The only reason why we'd be holding hands is her dragging me across the finish line. She's animal. And ya i only had one drink since i knew i'd be feeling plenty of pain, let alone having any alcohol in my system.

Midlife Advantage
03-20-2006, 03:13 PM
The only reason why we'd be holding hands is her dragging me across the finish line. She's animal. And ya i only had one drink since i knew i'd be feeling plenty of pain, let alone having any alcohol in my system.
Hell, I am impressed they did it.period. Time would not have been a factor for me! more like, how many CPR stops in the first mile :cry:
Congrats again. Has the real pain/cramps set in yet?

Beer Factor
03-20-2006, 03:22 PM
Hell, I am impressed they did it.period. Time would not have been a factor for me! more like, how many CPR stops in the first mile :cry:
Congrats again. Has the real pain/cramps set in yet?
A little stiff but i'll live. How's the dog bite? My guys were talking about it today and they said it was the worst they've ever seen. Did you go to the dr?

Midlife Advantage
03-20-2006, 03:27 PM
A little stiff but i'll live. How's the dog bite? My guys were talking about it today and they said it was the worst they've ever seen. Did you go to the dr?
YUP, got a tetanus shot in the arm. they said I should find the guy and ask for the dogs vacc records to confirm he is up to date in everything, especially rabies. that way I dont have to get THOSE shots! :yuk: So when I get outta here I am gonna look for him in the hood.
It doesn't hurt or anything, just gettin uglier than hell....

Beer Factor
03-20-2006, 03:31 PM
YUP, got a tetanus shot in the arm. they said I should find the guy and ask for the dogs vacc records to confirm he is up to date in everything, especially rabies. that way I dont have to get THOSE shots! :yuk: So when I get outta here I am gonna look for him in the hood.
It doesn't hurt or anything, just gettin uglier than hell....
It was already uglier than hell. You better find that guy and bring a club so that dog don't come in for another meal. :cry:

Beer Factor
03-20-2006, 03:33 PM
Congrats on the finish. I am currently training for the rock 'n roll marathon in June..
Good luck! that's gonna be a hot one.

Midlife Advantage
03-20-2006, 03:40 PM
It was already uglier than hell. You better find that guy and bring a club so that dog don't come in for another meal. :cry:
It wont be a club, and he wont get another chance. :mad:

Angie
03-20-2006, 09:53 PM
I completed the marathon! :)
Was my first and not too sure I'm ready to participate again. :D It was definitely challenging and I certainly didn't train enough. The experience was awesome and I'm glad I did it. I'm paying the price today with severe soreness, however, definitely worth it.

MudPumper
03-20-2006, 10:48 PM
My brother in law ran it. He is paying for it today though. Said he is sore as hell and has huge blisters on his feet. He said when he ran by the guy on the 22nd mile it was dead quiet. Very sad indeed. A few weeks ago a Pasadena P.O. went out for a run, training for Baker to Vegas. He was 30yrs old with wife and kids. Came back to the station after his run and had a massive heart attack and died. It really makes you wonder when your time is coming. It can happen at any moment to any one of us. :frown:

Beer Factor
03-21-2006, 07:31 AM
I completed the marathon! :)
Was my first and not too sure I'm ready to participate again. :D It was definitely challenging and I certainly didn't train enough. The experience was awesome and I'm glad I did it. I'm paying the price today with severe soreness, however, definitely worth it.
Awesome-congrats! The key to soreness is training. The more you hurt before the marathon the less you hurt after. You are now in the 1/2 percentile of people around the world that have ever ran a marathon.

Beer Factor
03-21-2006, 07:45 AM
My brother in law ran it. He is paying for it today though. Said he is sore as hell and has huge blisters on his feet. He said when he ran by the guy on the 22nd mile it was dead quiet. Very sad indeed. A few weeks ago a Pasadena P.O. went out for a run, training for Baker to Vegas. He was 30yrs old with wife and kids. Came back to the station after his run and had a massive heart attack and died. It really makes you wonder when your time is coming. It can happen at any moment to any one of us. :frown:
Yes it really sucks that someone can lose their life, as Tom Brown put it, doing something to achieve a such a goal. You never know when it's gonna be your time.