PDA

View Full Version : Tell me what makes havasu special?

jlnorthrup122
08-01-2003, 03:48 PM
Ok I have seen havasu on the tellie herd about and seen pics of havasu on these forums I have herd about havasu from folks who been there that I know personally I have read about havasu. I want to know what makes havasu so special? could havasu be one of america's ***boating hubs? Tell me I want to know!!!!! :)
[ August 01, 2003, 04:49 PM: Message edited by: jlnorthrup122 ]

summerlove
08-01-2003, 03:54 PM
Havasu is a relativelt short drive from anywhere in southern California (about 5 hours), and it is a fairly large lake for the region, about 45 miles long, consequently, it gets alot of attention form almost everyone who boats in So Cal at one time or another. There are many hotels that are either on the water ot are very close to the water, unlike many other lakes, and there are a variety of restaurants for b-fast, lunch or dinner. You can leave your boat and go eat. There is the channel which is a natural gathering place for just hanging out. It is a great place and I've been going since I was 11 (I'm now 44). Since I'm out of the "party" scene due to young children, I'll let the other, more wild members tell all about the party scene...

SoCalOffshore
08-01-2003, 03:58 PM
See So Cal is a big fricking desert and Havasu is the closest big lake around without a speed limit. Funny close is defined as 5 or more hours, lol. Add the channel and the sand bar and you have a winner!!

hot_diggity_dog
08-01-2003, 04:00 PM
Hot Boats, Hot Chicks, Great scenery.
The Channel, London Bridge, & Kokomo's.
Copper Canyon
The Sandbar (the tenth wonder of the world)
The Gorge :)
Laughlin :p
Parker :p
They call it the poor man's Monaco!!! :rolleyes:
It's a lot of fun! :D
HDD :cool:

jlnorthrup122
08-01-2003, 04:20 PM
yes but if your weather was good now would it be hopin like everyone says it does? There is a couple of bad add lakes here in Iowa Okabji and red rock/rathburn lake. Also I have been to phenix and I was there in the middle of winter and we were swimming in a pool outside do you guys hit the lake all year round?

Havasu Hangin'
08-01-2003, 05:09 PM
jlnorthrup122:
I want to know what makes havasu so special?Havasu is so special because there's no people from the Midwest there...
http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/happy/1/happy15.gif

jlnorthrup122
08-01-2003, 05:14 PM
originally posted bu Havasu hangin:
Havasu is so special because there's no people from the Midwest there... Ahw f~`k off HH! :D
That hurts me man: does a midwestern not have feilings if you prick (shut up :D ) a midwestern do we not bleed if you hurt us do we not hurt you back :D If you make fun of us do we not tell you to Fu~k off? :D

MagicMtnDan
08-01-2003, 05:23 PM
Havasu is about the closest, large body of non-salt water to thousands of boating enthusiasts from SoCal and Arizona.
Hot weather + hot women + hot boats + warm water + cold beer =
http://www.arizonavacations.com/cities/lakehava1.jpg
[ August 01, 2003, 06:25 PM: Message edited by: MagicMtnDan ]

MagicMtnDan
08-01-2003, 05:23 PM
Saved the double post by posting a pic :D
http://p.vtourist.com/481350.jpg
Lake Havasu, best decribed as the Mardi Gras of Arizona, is a major spring break event where people from all walks of life come to blow off a little steam. Houseboats, speedboats, and jet skiis all head for what everyone commonly knows as, "The Sandbar." It's a party where almost anything goes, so long as nobody gets hurt. Music pulses from sun-up to sun-down, and there is enough alchohol to drink a pack of elephants under the table! If a full day of partying hasn't completely exhausted you, then party-on into the night at one of the local clubs. source: http://www.virtualtourist.com/m/19ecb/4fc/
[ August 01, 2003, 06:28 PM: Message edited by: MagicMtnDan ]

GlastronGuy
08-01-2003, 05:39 PM
It's a place for a liked minded sheep to flock together.
:)

jlnorthrup122
08-01-2003, 05:48 PM
Well mark my words on this I am bringing my aluminum cat out next summer!!!! When after the fourth would be a good weekend to hit havasu?

Mandelon
08-01-2003, 06:09 PM
Every weekend! :D

Jrocket
08-01-2003, 06:13 PM
Its a west coast thang,you wouldnt understand!! :D

wineguy069
08-01-2003, 07:16 PM
It's all about the PASTIES!!! I have yet to see any at Berryessa (norcal) :(.

boatnam2
08-01-2003, 07:37 PM
piss warm water,choking exhaust,and the fact that you may get to meet havasu hanging.j/k

Just Tool'n
08-01-2003, 07:51 PM
It is the place that get to see River Dave every other weekend!
It was the place of Op6c, Hosted by River Dave!
It is the place where legends are made at!
Need I say more!

08-01-2003, 09:01 PM
wineguy069:
It's all about the PASTIES!!! I have yet to see any at Berryessa (norcal) :( . The women at Berryessa don't bother with those PITA pasties. I guess you just aren't living right. :D

wineguy069
08-01-2003, 09:16 PM
I guess they see me coming and cover up :(.

HCS
08-01-2003, 09:22 PM
058:
wineguy069:
It's all about the PASTIES!!! I have yet to see any at Berryessa (norcal) :( . The women at Berryessa don't bother with those PITA pasties. I guess you just aren't living right. :D There's to many people at Havasu, so they have to
wear pasties.
Come out to Nor Cal where we have topless beaches.
And it ain't so stinking hot!

My Man's Sportin' Wood
08-01-2003, 09:50 PM
I think Havasu is great because you can see all of the party at the Sandbar or Canyon, etc. But there are also places to avoid that stuff if you have the kids with you. It's big enough to ski on a weekend (major drawback of Parker) and places to go to get away from the wind (major drawback of Lake Mochoppy). There is just a great variety of things to do, depending on what you're into.
Oh, and we don't go there as often in the winter, the water's too cold, we leave it to the snowbirds from the midwest and Canada to fish. We Californians are spoiled. If the water's not 80 degrees, we're not goin' in!!

Rod-64
08-02-2003, 03:52 AM
All of the above plus it's only 45 min. from the house and my boat is stored right across from
Windsor beach. :)

Dusty Times
08-02-2003, 12:47 PM
Rod,
I see your not on the water today either. What a nice day and Havasu so close. Why are we here?

Rod-64
08-02-2003, 02:42 PM
DT
Well since I spent all last week at Black Meadow Landing, I gotta work this weekend to catch up. cry

NOTALENT
08-02-2003, 02:45 PM
you guys forgot there are no speed limits.

Rod-64
08-02-2003, 02:53 PM
Bropb16:
you guys forgot there are no speed limits. That seems to be true in the channel as well...I've got my boat rocked a few times while beached there. Soon it will be time to grab the nearest rock and bean some peeps upside the head. :mad: No effin courtesy. :mad:

Napanutt
08-02-2003, 03:03 PM
wineguy069:
It's all about the PASTIES!!! I have yet to see any at Berryessa (norcal) :( . I'll have to agree with you,WG...never seen pasties at the bridge myself either...hum,sounds like a possible business proposition in the making... :D

jlnorthrup122
08-02-2003, 03:20 PM
I'll have to agree with you,WG...never seen pasties at the bridge myself either...hum,sounds like a possible business proposition in the making... I got some shit to make pasies outa so send me the dimentions and designs and I could make some for yah or better yet I could sent you some material and you could make your own! :D Seriouse!!

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-02-2003, 06:22 PM
jlnorthrup122:
I'll have to agree with you,WG...never seen pasties at the bridge myself either...hum,sounds like a possible business proposition in the making... I got some shit to make pasies outa so send me the dimentions and designs and I could make some for yah or better yet I could sent you some material and you could make your own! :D Seriouse!! Can you make pasties for men's ummmmmm well you know. extra long for the mister if you don't mind.
I know havasu is the place where you can do just about anything and nobody will think badly of you for doin it. they may look at you differently in the morning but it is the place to be yourself and then some. I do things there that I wouldn't other places. My husband got me to wear a g-string. I was good with it. I just thought I was to old and well i've had two kids so. well everyone knows what happens when you have two kids. But i looked just as good as anyone else just a bit older. anyway you can do what you want and have no regrets in the morning unless you don't remember the night before. :p :D

raff
08-02-2003, 07:36 PM
Good times, good people, not too crowded (mid week and the south end of the lake) and pictures like this!!!
http://mediaservice.photoisland.com/auction/Aug/2003825406513860642504.jpg
Mark out
[ August 02, 2003, 08:36 PM: Message edited by: raff ]

DickDanger
08-02-2003, 09:00 PM
What makes Havasu so special you ask? Two words....my balls. -DD Out

jlnorthrup122
08-02-2003, 10:32 PM
originally posted by mrs flyinvee:
Can you make pasties for men's ummmmmm well you know. extra long for the mister if you don't mind.
UM hell no I wount make that. I could send you the material if I am led to believe that it is for tits! :D
I think a rubber lizard would look good on me! :D You had to be there! :D
Also mrs flyin your sig pic of your hubby cracks me up! i bet he is a riot when he gets smashed! so who did win those races? :cool:

Napanutt
08-02-2003, 10:38 PM
That's funny...the come-back anyways...the visual,well, I could do without...

jlnorthrup122
08-02-2003, 10:45 PM
Yeah it wadn't pritty but damn it was a good idea what a riot!! I think I am gonna get another one and wear it to a costume party with relatives!!! :D :D That way I will have topped myself once more!! :cool:

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-03-2003, 05:59 PM
jlnorthrup122:
originally posted by mrs flyinvee:
Can you make pasties for men's ummmmmm well you know. extra long for the mister if you don't mind.
UM hell no I wount make that. I could send you the material if I am led to believe that it is for tits! :D
Also mrs flyin your sig pic of your hubby cracks me up! i bet he is a riot when he gets smashed! so who did win those races? :cool: Nobody in the party knows who one the races way to many mai tais but my hubbie only drank half at a time because sandbar junkies were drinking half of them when he would leave the table to take the kids outside or to the bathroom. eek! :rolleyes: :D