PDA

View Full Version : Eliminator vs. Sandbar and the winner is?

bear down
04-01-2003, 06:38 PM
The sandbar. Damage to the Eliminator was a fried impeller and a water sensor. Parts, Labor and re paint of drive is a grand total of $604.00 out the door. Not to bad for the maiden voyage of Bear Assets. Thanks to all with all of your feedback on my weekend disaster. I guess the good thing about this that it could have been worse and that it should never happen again(knock on wood). I'll make sure to follow other boats then next time I'm out there.

Ziggy
04-01-2003, 06:42 PM
Whew! Could've been much worse.

JetBoatRich
04-01-2003, 06:49 PM
Glad for you there was no major damage :cool:

Havasu Hangin'
04-01-2003, 06:51 PM
I agree...could have been alot worse.
BTW...that impeller kit is probably less than $100...pretty easy to change yourself (next time).
Glad to hear no checker damage, too...

Mandelon
04-01-2003, 07:33 PM
If you keep insisting on putting the boat in the water and not just keeping it on the trailer....it will happen again..... :rolleyes: :)

bear down
04-01-2003, 07:39 PM
Mandelon:
If you keep insisting on putting the boat in the water and not just keeping it on the trailer....it will happen again..... :rolleyes: :) Thanks Mandelon for grounding me I guess I was trying to be a bit too optimistic. Since the Engine is still under warranty I figured I get the work done to prevent any nullifing of the warranty due to a poor workmanship on my end, but once the warranty is up I will get the tool box out. What is checker damage?

boatnam2
04-01-2003, 07:42 PM
yea hh what is checker damage!

JetBoatRich
04-01-2003, 07:43 PM
Is that when you skip across the sandbar and mark up the bottom of the hull :confused:

Havasu Hangin'
04-01-2003, 08:05 PM
boatnam2:
yea hh what is checker damage! I thought all Eliminators had checkers?

Infomaniac
04-01-2003, 08:31 PM
I need to move out west and open a boat shop. You could have pulled out to Oklahoma for me to fix it and still saved some coin.
[ April 01, 2003, 08:31 PM: Message edited by: Infomaniac ]

jm2drvr
04-01-2003, 08:42 PM
remember guys, per charley..."eliminator owners play checkers, DCB owners play chess"...

RaysonKid
04-01-2003, 09:04 PM
Infomaniac:
I need to move out west and open a boat shop. You could have pulled out to Oklahoma for me to fix it and still saved some coin. That would be a hit. :D

25Elmn8r
04-01-2003, 09:04 PM
Havasu Hangin':
Glad to hear no checker damage, too... Why did I know this was coming? Damn HH, just can't leave the Checkers out of it.

rivercrazy
04-01-2003, 09:12 PM
LMFAO HH.
Checkers are cool but only on Eliminators!

Dusty Times
04-01-2003, 09:57 PM
Glad the injuries weren't too severe. I always carry a spare impeller in my boat. They seem to crumble for no reason sometimes (or sometimes sand inhalation). Better than being stuck or towed.

77charger
04-01-2003, 10:08 PM
ok anti eliminator smart asses :D
I also had an encounter with a sand bar result= an eliminator winner. :) (just got very lucky i barely tapped it)

mbrown2
04-01-2003, 10:33 PM
25Elmn8r:
Havasu Hangin':
Glad to hear no checker damage, too... Why did I know this was coming? Damn HH, just can't leave the Checkers out of it. Where did you get your Avitar done? Did you film it yourself, and have someone convert it for you?

CMABadseed
04-02-2003, 12:42 AM
600 bucks is pricey! does that "water sensor" cost over 300 and take an hour to put in or what? the word sensor to me implies something that is probably pop in pop out, and the impeller in out drain and fill less than an hour for anyone who has done it a few times. sounds steep to me. is that the standard drive service fee or something?

HavasuDreamin'
04-02-2003, 05:46 AM
bear down
What is checker damage?LMFAO.......... :D :D :D :D

superV
04-02-2003, 06:08 AM
Holy Boat Shit Bat Man thats about $500 to much. eek! But congrats on it only being minor! wink BTW A impeller is only $25 plus like $12 for gasket, and 1hr labor frown

THOR
04-02-2003, 07:18 AM
Havasu Hangin':
boatnam2:
yea hh what is checker damage! I thought all Eliminators had checkers? Stop it. :D

bear down
04-02-2003, 07:36 AM
CMABadseed:
600 bucks is pricey! does that "water sensor" cost over 300 and take an hour to put in or what? the word sensor to me implies something that is probably pop in pop out, and the impeller in out drain and fill less than an hour for anyone who has done it a few times. sounds steep to me. is that the standard drive service fee or something? According to the service manager the impeller was $113 and the sensor was $28. Plus labor and painting of the drive that was rubbed off while hitting the sandbar. If you guys are saying that the impeller is under $100 bucks of for the Merc. 496 mag. then I will call the service manager again this morning and confirm that that was only the damage done to the boat then maybe I can get my salesman to work it from his end. What do you guys think?

bear down
04-02-2003, 07:54 AM
bear down:
CMABadseed:
600 bucks is pricey! does that "water sensor" cost over 300 and take an hour to put in or what? the word sensor to me implies something that is probably pop in pop out, and the impeller in out drain and fill less than an hour for anyone who has done it a few times. sounds steep to me. is that the standard drive service fee or something? According to the service manager the impeller was $113 and the sensor was $28. Plus labor and painting of the drive that was rubbed off while hitting the sandbar. If you guys are saying that the impeller is under $100 bucks of for the Merc. 496 mag. then I will call the service manager again this morning and confirm that that was only the damage done to the boat then maybe I can get my salesman to work it from his end. What do you guys think? Oops.. Just called Eliminator and they corrected me on the the work.
Impeller $28 bucks
Damaged Water Sensor $113
Re Sanding whole drive and repaint to make like new again since paint came off and dulled the paint on the rest of the bottom portion of the drive. $195.
Labor??? NO clue how long this would take
Does this look right to you guys?
Thanks for the feedback.

Reaper1
04-02-2003, 07:59 AM
Hey, anything under a thousand on a boat is a bargain. Just be glad the damage wasn't severe. By the way, I've hit that same sandbar if it makes you feel better. wink

Infomaniac
04-02-2003, 07:59 AM
I thought drives were powder coated. I would bet paint will not last long.

1stepcloser
04-02-2003, 08:13 AM
Havasu Hangin':
Silly people, all Eliminators have checkers. Now dont get me started (http://www.reelwavs.com/sounds/lordoftherings/allends.wav)

bear down
04-02-2003, 08:16 AM
Reaper1:
Hey, anything under a thousand on a boat is a bargain. Just be glad the damage wasn't severe. By the way, I've hit that same sandbar if it makes you feel better. wink Actually it does, now I feel just like a real boater. You're right, just as long it was not several thousand bucks I was pretty lucky but most importanly no major damage to the boat which is the most important part since it's so new.

HavasuDreamin'
04-02-2003, 08:28 AM
Infomaniac:
I thought drives were powder coated. I would bet paint will not last long. The gearcase on my Merc. is painted and it has held up just fine. I have some friends with trick paint on their gearcases (flames and such) and they have held up well. Good Luck

steve0123
04-02-2003, 08:54 AM
Damn,
now all us DCB owners can only play chess, there goes chest(sic), shots, loud really bad music...sigh :)
I just broke in my new DCB last week out at Havasu and hit the sandbar coming into the river, thankfully it didn't do anything, but I felt like such an idiot not knowing where I was going the first time.
Can't wait to get back ....

SchellSchock
04-02-2003, 08:56 AM
BOAT= Break Out Another Thousand... so for $600 bucks ya' got off cheap. GRIN

Havasu Hangin'
04-02-2003, 08:57 AM
I've painted my gearcase (no checkers, though)...
The key is good prep work (sanding, primer)- otherwise, it will be gone quickly.

HavasuDreamin'
04-02-2003, 09:22 AM
Havasu Hangin':
I've painted my gearcase (no checkers, though)...
The key is good prep work (sanding, primer)- otherwise, it will be gone quickly. Prep is the key to any paint job..........HH, I want to see some checkers on that tugboat. :D

25Elmn8r
04-02-2003, 10:48 AM
mbrown2:
25Elmn8r:
Havasu Hangin':
Glad to hear no checker damage, too... Why did I know this was coming? Damn HH, just can't leave the Checkers out of it. Where did you get your Avitar done? Did you film it yourself, and have someone convert it for you? My buddy SS Havabru filmed it, while we were out at parker. And then someone he knows did the Avitar for me. I think it turned out pretty sweet, not the best quality, but still sweet.

Havasu Hangin'
04-02-2003, 11:03 AM
25Elmn8r:
My buddy SS Havabru filmed it, while we were out at parker. And then someone he knows did the Avitar for me. I think it turned out pretty sweet, not the best quality, but still sweet. Well, I think it looks great. I actually had that idea last year...so I guess you splashed it.
That's OK...my boat has to be running to film it...just not sure when that'll happen...

25Elmn8r
04-02-2003, 11:13 AM
Havasu Hangin':
25Elmn8r:
My buddy SS Havabru filmed it, while we were out at parker. And then someone he knows did the Avitar for me. I think it turned out pretty sweet, not the best quality, but still sweet. Well, I think it looks great. I actually had that idea last year...so I guess you splashed it.
That's OK...my boat has to be running to film it...just not sure when that'll happen... HH, In order for it to be considered splashing, wouldn't you have had to complete it and then I would copy it? So in reality you had an idea and I just beat you to completion.
:D BTW, Since you are unable to keep your boat running(I think the lack of checkers has something to do with it wink ), anytime I am out there and you need a ride, you are welcome. :D
[ April 02, 2003, 11:15 AM: Message edited by: 25Elmn8r ]

mbrown2
04-02-2003, 11:26 AM
Thnx for the Avitar info...I saw Havabru's...both of them looked trick...must have been a quiet day on the river in front of Moonridge when you shot them...What time of day, did you guys film them? I thought they came out pretty trick...plus, the Daytona looks like it is taking a good set in that run.

25Elmn8r
04-02-2003, 02:05 PM
mbrown/HH, Thanks for the compliments.
That day was incredible, even though we were only on the water for a couple hours. We ran out there on a Saturday night and dropped it in for a while Sunday morning. There was nobody on the river except for a couple fishing boats and 1 HTM. We only went out because I needed to pick up the Daytona and bring it back for some mods.
We did shoot the vids from each others boat with a digital camera. I was only runnin between 50 and 60 when I went by for this shot. I think it looks faster than it actually was.
BTW, Bear Down, Glad to hear it wasn't serious damage. and sorry for the hijack.