PDA

View Full Version : Water Rod

Jose
02-02-2003, 03:23 PM
Has anyone heard of a boat manufacture by the name "Water Rod". If so, what do you know, and or think of thier boats?

mbrown2
02-02-2003, 04:27 PM
Don't know much about their boats, but here is there website..http://www.waterrod.com/
I have seen one of their 27ft cats run in Parker, and I thought it ran kind of wet. Not sure how it was powered, but it did not appear to get up on top and run quick/loose.

playdeep
02-02-2003, 06:00 PM
Thier v-bottoms are built from the old Virage molds.
The cat they sell looks alot like the aftershock cat.

24RODjr
02-02-2003, 09:28 PM
I have to chime in here.
If I am wrong I apologize, but....
I saw a group of guys out at Peris a couple of years ago and they claim to have purchased the old Virage molds, and were starting a new company "WaterRod." They had stickers all over their boats, business cards and the whole 9 yards.
Anyway...their boats looked nice, until they got them in the water. These guys were having all kinds of problems...didn't start, etc. Not to mention they were SUPER rookie at trailering (they definately would have had the crowd going at site 6).
Long story short, they seemed damn new to boating, let alone building boats. I would do ALOT of research before buying one of their rigs.
If the guys that I saw at Peris two years ago were not partners in WaterRod, I stand corrected.
-Chris

miller19j
02-03-2003, 10:51 AM
RiverDave:
rather Niggardly. (That is not a racial slur, if ya don't know what it means look it up)
RD :D Niggardly= ungenerous, stingy, meager
Had to look it up. :D wink

superV
02-03-2003, 11:01 AM
Did anyone read thier site.So they claim to be the best, fastest boat on the market! Humm I wonder if the crack and pipe come with the boat or is that extra! I would love to see them next to a DCB...

superV
02-03-2003, 01:39 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by RiverDave:
[QB] Well after looking at all the pictures on there site all the boats seem to be "plowing" through the water instead of getting up and on top of it.
Huu he said plowing and getting on top of it :D

24RODjr
02-03-2003, 01:45 PM
BUWAAAHAHAHAHAHAAA...That's the boat that was sideways at the ramp on lake Perris!!!!
Funny Sh!t...especially since the guy was claiming to be the owner!!! HEHEHEHEH

24ROD
02-03-2003, 06:46 PM
I guess that HTM, Eliminator, DCB, Hallett, Howard, Cole, Carrerra, All better watch it because these Guys are definatly going to take over :rolleyes: I remember seeing these guys out at Perris too if I recall I was realy impressed sleeping sleeping

BALLSDEEP
02-03-2003, 07:07 PM
I had a pretty funny story… Somehow the owner (I think his name was Scooby….no joke) of the company got my name and was really trying to sell me his boat. He went on and on how he was in the navy and how he had all of these certifications in navel boat engineering, and that he had one of the best boats out on the market. The guy hounded me for about 6 months and was really trying to sell a boat. In fact he said he would make me a killer deal on one just in time for the boat show I finally told him to shove his boat up his ass, and don’t bother anymore. One weekend we saw a bunch of water rods at lake Mojave. It was there regatta. It was quite funny to see “the rookies” backing down the hot pink or yellow and gold boats down the launch ramp. Rolling in their Escalades in gold plated 25’s blaring Snoop!!! And to top it all off, they had one of the BBQ’s I have ever seen full of chicken and ribs…. No joke

playdeep
02-03-2003, 07:46 PM
I had the pleasure of meeting,Scooby(I swear we're not making this name up)in copper canyon acouple of years ago.
Weekend of the Eliminator regatta,he comes cruising through,stopping at various boats to pass out businness cards...
He finally gets to our little raft-up and proceeds to tell anyone that would listen,about how bad-ass fast this new v-bottom was and if anyone would care to un-tie he would gladly show them...
Needless to say he had a couple of takers on his offer.(cats)
As we are idling out past the no-wake buoys,to watch this event,one of the people in by boat leans forward,"this is gonna be ugly".
...It was :D
Gotta admit,at least his motor sounded good.
To this day we all still laugh about Scooby and his water rod.

jet4fun
02-03-2003, 09:03 PM
RiverDave:
24RODjr:
I have to chime in here.
If I am wrong I apologize, but....
I saw a group of guys out at Peris a couple of years ago and they claim to have purchased the old Virage molds, and were starting a new company "WaterRod." They had stickers all over their boats, business cards and the whole 9 yards.
Anyway...their boats looked nice, until they got them in the water. These guys were having all kinds of problems...didn't start, etc. Not to mention they were SUPER rookie at trailering (they definately would have had the crowd going at site 6).
Long story short, they seemed damn new to boating, let alone building boats. I would do ALOT of research before buying one of their rigs.
If the guys that I saw at Peris two years ago were not partners in WaterRod, I stand corrected.
-Chris Actually that sounds about right. :D
Chestah Cheetah has a "WaterRod" Story that's worth hearing. :D It's better if ya hear it in person though. LMAO.
I've seen one of there V-Bottoms out at Parker, and while I didn't get a chance to look it over too close, I get the impression that the boat was put together rather Niggardly. (That is not a racial slur, if ya don't know what it means look it up)
RD :D i have also heard the water rod story from chesta, and it sounds very similar to the stories that everyone is posting on here, i think he is an ex drill sergeant or something along that line. i think chesta said he owns a body shop and builds the boats in the same building.

Froggystyle
02-03-2003, 10:49 PM
What is it about all of these Navy jerk offs starting boat companies... wink

Bow Tie Omega
02-04-2003, 05:31 AM
Hey, easy with the Navy Jerk off comments. I was in the Navy and I am not a jerk off or a boat builder (restoring my Omega makes me an enthusiast). An awful lot of Navy jerkoffs are getting ready to go to war so you can continue to make comments like that. A couple more of those Navy jerk off's just died on Saturday serving their Country in Space. A little respect please.

Hermosa
02-04-2003, 07:01 AM
Bow Tie Omega:
Hey, easy with the Navy Jerk off comments. I was in the Navy and I am not a jerk off or a boat builder (restoring my Omega makes me an enthusiast). An awful lot of Navy jerkoffs are getting ready to go to war so you can continue to make comments like that. A couple more of those Navy jerk off's just died on Saturday serving their Country in Space. A little respect please. Easy there Francis, Froggy was making a joke, he was a Navy frog at one time.... and he's starting a boat company. ; )

THOR
02-04-2003, 07:21 AM
I have seen WaterRods in Havasu. They sound great but they run like slugs. Not impressed at all. Really bulky looking too. I only saw them with Volvo outdrive as well, no bravos.

DogHouse
02-04-2003, 08:06 AM
Playdeep, great story! I would love to have seen that.
Anybody else think this looks exactly like a Cheetah 29CX? Wonder if Bob knows that these yahoos splashed his boat... Maybe I'll call him and see!
http://www.waterrod.com/2962.jpg
Their websight is pretty unbelievable, makes all kinds of big claims. Hey maybe I'll sell the Magic so I can get me one of those super hot water rods. Ok maybe not.
:D
Edit note: Just talked to Cheetah Bob, turns out he's building the 29' and 25' hulls and selling them to these guys. Forgot to ask who's doing the rigging and interiors. He did mention that the cat is an Aftershock.
[ February 04, 2003, 08:32 AM: Message edited by: DogHouse ]

rivercrazy
02-04-2003, 08:48 AM
All I can say is those are Fugly. Buy a real boat

OC-PARTYCAT
02-04-2003, 09:29 AM
Edit note: Just talked to Cheetah Bob, turns out he's building the 29' and 25' hulls and selling them to these guys. Forgot to ask who's doing the rigging and interiors. He did mention that the cat is an Aftershock. now thats some funny shit....
soo let me get this straight... If everyone here
is saying this boat is a slug, they will be talking about the cheetah?
jawdrop
[ February 04, 2003, 09:31 AM: Message edited by: OC-PARTYCAT ]

DogHouse
02-04-2003, 09:59 AM
Depends on which one you're talking about. Not sure where their other models come from. The 29 Cheetah is a 24 deg pad bottom V that runs respectably well for a big boat, 65-68 with a 502 or 496HO. I've seen one run up close and thought it looked fine. I think the 25 is the Virage mold that Bob bought when Virage went under. The whole running "wet" issue could just be that the driver doesn't know how to use the up button, or maybe they've got the cg too far forward and trim can't overcome the balance problem. I seriously doubt that there's anything wrong with the basic hull design. They could also have the X wrong, but again I don't know who's doing the rigging & drive installation.
-brian

1stepcloser
02-04-2003, 10:08 AM
Check these awesome boats out right here (http://www.waterrod.com)!!
Here is a little text from the site...
Our Commitment
Imagine the Luxury of a Rolls Royce with the performance of a Ferrari. Beddingfield & Hill want you to experience that feeling on the water! So all WATER RODS are built with the most superior materials in the boating industry short of anyone! Technology equal and beyond everyone!
Our Boats
POWER:
All our boats start with a Big Block. Wow! a "Big Block"...
PERFORMANCE:
Our hull planes quickly, takes an immediate set and races to
breathtaking top-end speed. eek!
SUPERB HANDLING:
The performance delivered by our revolutionary hull is nothing
short of spectacular. This one should make even Reggie fountain nervous...
EYE CATCHING BEAUTY:
Graphics so HOT you'll be glad your on the water. I love that line...
AND QUALITY BEYOND COMPARE:
With materials so superior, no one else even comes close. No one? Hmmm...
Everyone can own a well built boat, but it takes a serious boater to own a WATER ROD!
Is anyone serioous about boating?

24RODjr
02-04-2003, 12:43 PM
Did I mention that the owner's boat that I saw on Peris was powered by a Volvo PENTA!?!?!
Oh...and he redecorated some other guy's trailer...with his prop...I'm not making this sh!t up....

RP
02-04-2003, 12:57 PM
24RODjr:
Did I mention that the owner's boat that I saw on Peris was powered by a Volvo PENTA!?!?!
:D What's your point! :rolleyes:
[ February 04, 2003, 12:59 PM: Message edited by: RP ]

OC-PARTYCAT
02-04-2003, 01:51 PM
doesnt volvo/penta make a bad ass 500hp??

1stepcloser
02-04-2003, 02:03 PM
OC-PARTYCAT:
doesnt volvo/penta make a bad ass 500hp?? Yes, I believe they do, Its still a GM block though.
I think the slam was on the Drive... :D :mad:

RP
02-04-2003, 02:07 PM
Actually the drive on that set-up is a good combo and runs strong with a dual-prop. I don't think it would be that dependable over 600HP though.

24RODjr
02-04-2003, 05:24 PM
The slam was on the drive...thanks for the help :D
RP...where you at in Fullerton?

syke-o
02-04-2003, 05:43 PM
This is some more stuff from the website:
Water Rod C270
Pictures:
It's time for the sun in your face and the wind in your hair.
Put your sunglasses on and hold onto your seat, and the experience of an F18 Fighter Jet at Moc II speeds, the performance, handling, speed and stability of Beddingfield and Hill performance boat's NEW Water Rod C270.
This large 27' Cat will fulfill your need for speed.
Most builders give you one of the three, quality, luxury or speed.
With B&H we give you everything. Our Water Rod C270 starts with custom gel coat, vinyl ester resin, custom interior, spacious cockpit, stereo, CD player, four 6x9 speakers, 600 watt amp, cooker, ice chest and much more. As everyone knows all Water Rods start with a big block, to satisfy your need for speed and Offshore controls for instant response.
Come join our family, home of the Water Rods.
Standard Features:
Engine 496 (385 hp)
HD Engine mounts
12-Volt accessory plug
Battery & HD battery box
Blower
Bilge Pump
Bow & Stern eyes
Luxurious Cabin interior with sofa pillows
Premium Marine carpet
Color coordinated drink holders
Color coordinated Ski & Tow vents
AM/FM Stereo with cassette
Custom Embroidery
Large Capacity fuel tank
Full-Length stringers
Complete Gauge Package (Fuel, Oil, Volt, 100 mph speedo, Tach & Temp.)
Hand Laminated Hull
100% Vinyl Ester resins
Top grade coremat
Custom Graphics
Ice Chest
Navigation Lights
Propeller (Stainless Steel)
Custom Rigging
Side Panel Storage
Swim Step
All hardware is thru bolted
Windshield (270 Only)
Upholstered Sun Deck
Color coordinated Trailer w/brakes
Be 1st - Be # 1 - Be A Winner, NO ONE BEATS US......PERIOD!!

RP
02-04-2003, 08:58 PM
24RODjr:
The slam was on the drive...thanks for the help :D
RP...where you at in Fullerton? Actually, I have recently moved to Brea off Lambert... your not to far from me I see... will have to get together for a chilly in the future.

jet4fun
02-04-2003, 11:47 PM
24RODjr:
Oh...and he redecorated some other guy's trailer...with his prop...I'm not making this sh!t up....
:D everyone of his boats that ive ever heard of had volvo pentas... he must get a better deal from them... actually i heard that volvo was ditchin the high performance motor line...
as far as the badass 500 hp model, i think that it is almost identical to the merc hp500bulldog, just not as pretty (have you ever taken a looksee at a volvo penta motor?) eek! uuuuggggleeee... i personally believe that it dont matter how well it runs if it looks like shit... and believe me it really hurts to say that since i am from sweden. you'd think i'd be hardcore volvo :rolleyes:

Froggystyle
02-05-2003, 12:23 AM
Bow Tie Omega:
Hey, easy with the Navy Jerk off comments. I was in the Navy and I am not a jerk off or a boat builder (restoring my Omega makes me an enthusiast). An awful lot of Navy jerkoffs are getting ready to go to war so you can continue to make comments like that. A couple more of those Navy jerk off's just died on Saturday serving their Country in Space. A little respect please. I appreciate your enthusiasm, but a brief inspection of my profile would confirm that I am
A) Ex-Navy SEAL, retired medically as an HT-1 after injuring myself parachuting during combat training after seven years service... and
B) I am starting my own boat company.
Please contain your fervor for actual jackasses who disrespect their country and have no idea what the term sacrifice actually means.
Thank you.
PS. Thanks for the backup Hermosa.

Rexone
02-05-2003, 01:02 AM
Hey Frog,
I'm sure BTO missed the joke and wasn't aware of your background and genuinely thought you were badmouthing the Navy. I'd have gone off on ya too for a comment like that if I thought it wasn't a joke. Can't expect everyone to always check your profile before posting too. I think everyone's a bit on edge and very sensitive with the Iraq situation and the shuttle crash. Just my (probably unnecessary) .02.. :D
squirts up!
[ February 05, 2003, 01:03 AM: Message edited by: Rexone ]

Bow Tie Omega
02-05-2003, 05:19 AM
Sorry for biting your head off froggy. I obviously took your comments out of the context for which they were meant. My bad. While we are on the topic, were you west coast or east. I flew CSAR and SPECWAR support with HCS 5 up at Point Mugu. We supported Coronado for training and other stuff. We mave have flew together. Flew with Marines at Camp Pendleton and in Pensacola before that. Once again, sorry for jumping the gun...Joe

Big Proppa
02-05-2003, 10:19 AM
I think his name is "no Shit" SCOOPY, not scooby, I met chestah down there last summer for a tour - no orignial hulls there, only hulls laid up at other facilities - B&H hangs their hat the the rigging and the quality of the materials used. The boats are nice looking and laid up very well, chestah and I held hands and jumped up and down on the bow of the cat with very little flex, I don't know about chesatah but I felt very pressured while we were there, I think when I'm ready to spend that much money on a new boat I want to go and buy it not be sold on it, "know what I mean".

jet4fun
02-05-2003, 10:42 AM
yup, it is SCOOPY. i think everyone needs to go by this shop and meet SCOOPY. from what i hear its more fun than a disneyland ride, and cheaper

bigq
02-05-2003, 11:07 AM
jet4fun:
24RODjr:
:D everyone of his boats that ive ever heard of had volvo pentas... he must get a better deal from them... actually i heard that volvo was ditchin the high performance motor line...
as far as the badass 500 hp model, i think that it is almost identical to the merc hp500bulldog, just not as pretty (have you ever taken a looksee at a volvo penta motor?) eek! uuuuggggleeee... i personally believe that it dont matter how well it runs if it looks like shit... and believe me it really hurts to say that since i am from sweden. you'd think i'd be hardcore volvo :rolleyes: Yea, not even close to as ugly as the 496,yyyyea right. Actually I had the 502DPX and it looked like the 500HP EFI, save for the blue.
As for the drive Mr Rod, the DPX drive is a nice drive compared to the Bravo, the problem is pass 600HP you have a challenge since there are no aftermarket parts, none that I found anyway.The Volvo drive also came standard with full hydraulic steering to the helm.

Froggystyle
02-05-2003, 11:44 AM
Bow Tie Omega:
Sorry for biting your head off froggy. I obviously took your comments out of the context for which they were meant. My bad. While we are on the topic, were you west coast or east. I flew CSAR and SPECWAR support with HCS 5 up at Point Mugu. We supported Coronado for training and other stuff. We mave have flew together. Flew with Marines at Camp Pendleton and in Pensacola before that. Once again, sorry for jumping the gun...Joe No drama. Beers are on me! I was at Team 1, (west coast) and many a ORE was done at Point Mugu and Port Hueneme as a great OPFOR location. Ship attacks, recon etc.
Odds are reasonably good we have flown together. I was the guy with cami paint on. Ring a bell? wink It was mostly green... still nothing? hehe. We are so immersed with what is going on we barely look up at the crew. Too bad, because I have met a lot of people that I probably worked with that the only way to confirm is to match up dates for exercises and such.
Good to see another squid on the boards. I was ineffectively trying to be funny. Sorry for the confusion.

24RODjr
02-05-2003, 12:59 PM
Q,
That was my point exactly. Kinda hard to believe that a "High Performance" boat such at the Water Rod would have an outdrive that counldn't be enhanced to handle 600+ horse and still call themselves "High Perf."
[ February 05, 2003, 12:59 PM: Message edited by: 24RODjr ]

bigq
02-05-2003, 02:29 PM
24RODjr:
Q,
That was my point exactly. Kinda hard to believe that a "High Performance" boat such at the Water Rod would have an outdrive that counldn't be enhanced to handle 600+ horse and still call themselves "High Perf." I hear that, still 600HP, I would consider "High Performance". It would make that Cheetah fly. :D

24RODjr
02-05-2003, 04:06 PM
bigq:
24RODjr:
Q,
That was my point exactly. Kinda hard to believe that a "High Performance" boat such at the Water Rod would have an outdrive that counldn't be enhanced to handle 600+ horse and still call themselves "High Perf." I hear that, still 600HP, I would consider "High Performance". It would make that Cheetah fly. :D Agreed there, but 650 would make it fly faster :D
I'm running about 550 right now (no dyno..just a guess) and it goes purdy goood... :)
[ February 05, 2003, 04:07 PM: Message edited by: 24RODjr ]

bigq
02-05-2003, 11:13 PM
550, you must be a drinking man. :D

jet4fun
02-06-2003, 10:56 AM
so i'm guessing nobody on these boards owns a water rod, or knows anyone that does. unless they just dont feel like defending themselves

DogHouse
02-06-2003, 12:08 PM
Oh I don't think we were bagging on the boats... Mostly we were just making fun of the websight and the big claims made by the owners of the company. Well that and some launching ramp antics!

24RODjr
02-06-2003, 01:08 PM
I wasn't bashing anyone...I merely stated facts. :D

twistedpair
02-06-2003, 06:05 PM
Truth Hurts.....

jet4fun
02-12-2003, 04:41 PM
so when's the hot boat eval? i am curious to see what hot boat has to say about these guys :rolleyes:

twistedpair
02-12-2003, 05:41 PM
jet4fun:
so when's the hot boat eval? i am curious to see what hot boat has to say about these guys :rolleyes: It'll probably depend on how big of an ad they order for the issue. Funny how you always see the full page ad next to the glowing write up.

THATJEFFGUY
02-14-2003, 10:46 PM
I agree..everyone should go visit "Scooby and his WaterRod". I stopped by and had to wait in line behind a bunch of Snoop Dogg look-alikes, wanting new boats. Scooby claims he was in the Navy, but it seems as though he has all the qualities of a used car salesman...and he sure is proud of his boats..just look at the price ! Well what do you expect from the "909"...more precisely, San Bernardino !! Just my $.02

jet4fun
02-16-2003, 11:38 PM
it's SCOOPY :rolleyes: you gotta get it right, personally after listening to marcel's story i say we have it recorded while he tells it and just play it over and over when you need a good laugh :D if you havent heard the story you need to hear it, and if you ever have a spare afternoon you need to shoot on down to water rod jawdrop

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
07-28-2004, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by RiverDave
Actually that sounds about right. :D
Chestah Cheetah has a "WaterRod" Story that's worth hearing. :D It's better if ya hear it in person though. LMAO.
I've seen one of there V-Bottoms out at Parker, and while I didn't get a chance to look it over too close, I get the impression that the boat was put together rather Niggardly. (That is not a racial slur, if ya don't know what it means look it up)
RD :D
[ February 03, 2003, 10:38 AM: Message edited by: RiverDave ]
:confused: :confused:

dicudmore
07-28-2004, 06:16 PM
I'm glad somebody (thanks Mel) bumped this....
This is some good reading :D

Stealth Marine
07-29-2004, 04:22 PM
Time to shed a little light on this whole story for you.
Yes, their 29 Looks JUST like the Cheetah CX-29, that would be because it IS a CX. Dad sells them blanks from time to time to build up as they see fit.
Yes, Their 25 looks a JUST like the old Virage, that would be because Scoopy badgered dad into selling him a plug off the mold we bought from Virage. Whether or not they retooled the hull is unknown to me, but the original hull NEEDED to be retooled to run smoothly above 60-65mph.
As for their quality, I have absolutely no idea. But now you know where the "Look" came from....

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
07-29-2004, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Stealth Marine
Time to shed a little light on this whole story for you.
Yes, their 29 Looks JUST like the Cheetah CX-29, that would be because it IS a CX. Dad sells them blanks from time to time to build up as they see fit.
Yes, Their 25 looks a JUST like the old Virage, that would be because Scoopy badgered dad into selling him a plug off the mold we bought from Virage. Whether or not they retooled the hull is unknown to me, but the original hull NEEDED to be retooled to run smoothly above 60-65mph.
As for their quality, I have absolutely no idea. But now you know where the "Look" came from....
:eek: You dont say

jbtrailerjim
07-29-2004, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Stealth Marine
I'd say a few different builders have a splash of this particular boat now. I know of, Laser, Water Rod, Genesis, Stealth, & I've seen Lightning advertising a 25' boat that look's like it also.

Stealth Marine
07-29-2004, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by jbtrailerjim
I'd say a few different builders have a splash of this particular boat now. I know of, Laser, Water Rod, Genesis, Stealth, & I've seen Lightning advertising a 25' boat that look's like it also.
For reasons I will NEVER be able to fathom, Bob decided to sell a couple splashes, and you named the first 3. So far as I know Lightning did not get one.

RiverDave
07-30-2004, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by SHAKE-YO-AZZ
:confused: :confused:
What seems to be the confusion? I stand by what I said.. The boats are built niggardly, As said in the original post, it isn't a racial slur so if ya don't know what it means look it up.
RD <---- edumucated wordsmith of sorts

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
07-30-2004, 11:06 AM
What seems to be the confusion? I stand by what I said.. The boats are built niggardly, As said in the original post, it isn't a racial slur so if ya don't know what it means look it up.
No confusion at all this is the typical thing that would come out of your mouth
Well I did look it up and it says " a stingy person" is the non adjective meaning and stingy means giving or spending. I have friends that have these boats so the meaning you are suppose to be putting on these boats dose not fit. If you have ever seen one up close of been in one. And knowing your history I think a better choice of words would have been in order. But in any case I dont let these things on the forms bother me anyway. I think you and Lake Pirate are cut from the same cloth. LOLOLOLOLOLOLO

PlyaPlya22
07-30-2004, 11:13 AM
Now...I like to have a good time and BS like evreyone else. However there are various synonyms for that word. It just looks weird seeing as though they are being bashed and the owners of the company are black...Just my .02 "keeping it real living in the light"

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
07-30-2004, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by PlyaPlya22
Now...I like to have a good time and BS like evreyone else. However there are various synonyms for that word. It just looks weird seeing as though they are being bashed and the owners of the company are black...Just my .02 "keeping it real living in the light"
I think there are those out here just cant take off that sheet :eek: , but it is all good, we can all get along

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
07-30-2004, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by THATJEFFGUY
I agree..everyone should go visit "Scooby and his WaterRod". I stopped by and had to wait in line behind a bunch of Snoop Dogg look-alikes, wanting new boats. Scooby claims he was in the Navy, but it seems as though he has all the qualities of a used car salesman...and he sure is proud of his boats..just look at the price ! Well what do you expect from the "909"...more precisely, San Bernardino !! Just my $.02
mmmm 909 boat builders lets see, Eliminator, Shockwave, Laveycraft & I think magic has a sales office ooooo lets not forget C O M M A N D E R you favorit. :D In fact there are more but I cant name then all. Dont judge the book by its cover.

dicudmore
07-30-2004, 11:48 AM
Well I did look it up and it says " a stingy person" is the non adjective meaning and stingy means giving or spending. I have friends that have these boats so the meaning you are suppose to be putting on these boats dose not fit. If you have ever seen one up close of been in one. And knowing your history I think a better choice of words would have been in order. But in any case I dont let these things on the forms bother me anyway. I think you and Lake Pirate are cut from the same cloth. LOLOLOLOLOLOLO
you have friends with Water Rod's??

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
07-30-2004, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by dicudmore
you have friends with Water Rod's??
Could you believe that and some of them are white :eek: what is this world coming to. LOLOLOLOLOLO The people that i know that have water rods dont look anything like snoop dog. they nice people like myself ;). They just happen to have a boat built my water rod. In fact I may see if they want to go to DAM RUN II so some people can not judge them by their cover. :D

Dribble
07-30-2004, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Hermosa
Easy there Francis, Froggy was making a joke, he was a Navy frog at one time.... and he's starting a boat company. ; )
I though he was a Navy Seal.

dicudmore
07-30-2004, 12:05 PM
Could you believe that and some of them are white :eek: what is this world coming to. LOLOLOLOLOLO The people that i know that have water rods dont look anything like snoop dog. they nice people like myself ;). They just happen to have a boat built my water rod. In fact I may see if they want to go to DAM RUN II so some people can not judge them by their cover. :D
I wasn't bagging Mel....wanted to make sure I read that right.
Would they be the same people a certain commander out ran at lake mead last year??? :D
Bring them on, the more boats the better....
What models do they have? Any with the 290???
-Dan

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
07-30-2004, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by dicudmore
I wasn't bagging Mel....wanted to make sure I read that right.
Would they be the same people a certain commander out ran at lake mead last year??? :D
Bring them on, the more boats the better....
What models do they have? Any with the 290???
-Dan
OOOO I know you were not bagging,
yeah the same group :D they have a few models 300, 290, 270, 26 cat and a 330. Scoop is alittle different but he's a good guy who loves to race his boats.
Its been along day already and its getting worse. I'm glad it's friday I need a drink :frown:

RiverDave
07-30-2004, 12:33 PM
Dude it's an adjective that does in fact describe the boats at hand.
Grudging and petty in giving or spending.
Meanly small; scanty or meager:
It means "cheap" long story short.
I'll tell ya what though, I'm not one to back away from something that I said so I'll put it flat for ya. Your absolutely right, I did in fact use that word for a reason and that reason was in fact "racial." Alot of races as a whole are known for alot of different things..
For example, if I was looking for the next NBA star odds are I wouldn't go looking in China Town..
And if I was looking for the next olympic swimmer to represent the U.S. I probably wouldn't go looking in Harlem..
Everybodies race as a "whole" are better at certain things then other races, and worse in others. Now granted their are exceptions to that and they are quite common, for example the 2 white guys left in the NBA (that was a joke) they are probably the exception to the rule, from the saying that white men can't jump.
It isn't "racist" to understand that, it's proven throughout history. I understand as a young white male, I am better at alot of things then many young black males.. I also understand that they are alot better off in alot of arenas then I am, just based off theirs and my genetic make ups, and how we have evolved in the last 1000 years.
The long and short of it, black guys ain't exactly "known" for building boats.. To answer your next question, No I wouldn't buy a boat from a black owned mfg.. For the exact same reason I wouldn't buy a Korean Car. (KIA, Daewoo etc..) It's also the same reason why if they were handing out free tickes to outer space I wouldn't be standing in line over by the russian launch pad..
It's the same with all things in life.. To recognize it isn't racist, it's common sense.
Ever heard the term "German Engineering" / "Swiss Precision" / "Italian Styling" etc.. etc..
You don't see automotive companies flipping out saying "IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE COUNTRY OF ORIGIN!!!" and trying to play some bogus "race" card or some shit.. The reason they use those terms is becuase it's pretty much widely recognized that those countries & races are better then most others in certain arenas.
Now I'm not a scientist and I couldn't tell ya why some races are better at somethings and worse in others, hell I couldn't tell ya even what most races are better at then others except for the obvious ones.
an example of that. If I stood up and yelled out I got a 12 inch pecker in the middle of a party, most people would think it's funny and laugh.. One of you two jump up and yell out I got a 12 inch pecker in the middle of a party, and you see all the white guys doing the walk of shame.. LOL Is that "rascist?" Becuase people believe a black guy but not a white guy?
or is it becuase we've all been in a locker room at one point or another and seen an anaconda.
Lets go aside from all that... Setting aside the whole black thing & white thing. Have you ever talked to Scoopy? If your telling me that you'd buy a boat off that guy, well then I think you need to have your head examined becuase he talked so ghetto when I talked to him I damn near needed a translator.. And I consider myself to be quite the "wigga" up on all the slang terms.
RD :D :D

RiverDave
07-30-2004, 12:52 PM
Ya know... LOL I edited this part out originally becuase I think y'all think I'm rascist or something, but ya know what it's too god damn funny to leave out so in the middle of that post it originally read
It isn't "racist" to understand that, it's proven throughout history. I understand as a young white male, I am better at alot of things (like getting a job & saving my money) then many young black males (whom are good at poppin out babies, and smoking crack).. I also understand that they are alot better off in alot of arenas (mostly boxing arenas) then I am, just based off theirs and my genetic make ups, and how we have (or haven't) evolved in the last 1000 years.
It's humour man.... c'mon now lighten up.
Here's a white joke for ya.
What's 12 inches and white?
answer : Nothing
The truth of it is, I'm not a rascist, no matter how much you try to make me out to be one. And the non white guys on the board that I hang out with on a regular basis are pretty much gonna tell ya the same thing, and after we hang out and drink beers your going to say the same thing.
RD = Wigga

dicudmore
07-30-2004, 01:00 PM
OOOO I know you were not bagging,
yeah the same group :D they have a few models 300, 290, 270, 26 cat and a 330. Scoop is alittle different but he's a good guy who loves to race his boats.
Its been along day already and its getting worse. I'm glad it's friday I need a drink :frown:
I second the drink notion :D

RiverDave
07-30-2004, 01:01 PM
Well I did look it up and it says " a stingy person" is the non adjective meaning and stingy means giving or spending.
The word was used as an "adjective" to describe something.. This case being the "something" being the boats in question.
I have friends that have these boats so the meaning you are suppose to be putting on these boats dose not fit.
I'm not sure what your friends have to do with the boats in question?
If you have ever seen one up close of been in one
Why yes.. yes I have, that's where I formed my opinion of it.
. And knowing your history I think a better choice of words would have been in order. But in any case I dont let these things on the forms bother me anyway. I think you and Lake Pirate are cut from the same cloth. LOLOLOLOLOLOLO
Hey incidentally, what does
And knowing your history I think a better choice of words would have been in order.
That mean? I don't have a "history" on here as being a rascist do I?
RD

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
07-30-2004, 01:08 PM
Dude it's an adjective that does in fact describe the boats at hand.
It means "cheap" long story short.
I'll tell ya what though, I'm not one to back away from something that I said so I'll put it flat for ya. Your absolutely right, I did in fact use that word for a reason and that reason was in fact "racial." Alot of races as a whole are known for alot of different things..
For example, if I was looking for the next NBA star odds are I wouldn't go looking in China Town..
And if I was looking for the next olympic swimmer to represent the U.S. I probably wouldn't go looking in Harlem..
Everybodies race as a "whole" are better at certain things then other races, and worse in others. Now granted their are exceptions to that and they are quite common, for example the 2 white guys left in the NBA (that was a joke) they are probably the exception to the rule, from the saying that white men can't jump.
It isn't "racist" to understand that, it's proven throughout history. I understand as a young white male, I am better at alot of things then many young black males.. I also understand that they are alot better off in alot of arenas then I am, just based off theirs and my genetic make ups, and how we have evolved in the last 1000 years.
The long and short of it, black guys ain't exactly "known" for building boats.. To answer your next question, No I wouldn't buy a boat from a black owned mfg.. For the exact same reason I wouldn't buy a Korean Car. (KIA, Daewoo etc..) It's also the same reason why if they were handing out free tickes to outer space I wouldn't be standing in line over by the russian launch pad..
It's the same with all things in life.. To recognize it isn't racist, it's common sense.
Ever heard the term "German Engineering" / "Swiss Precision" / "Italian Styling" etc.. etc..
You don't see automotive companies flipping out saying "IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE COUNTRY OF ORIGIN!!!" and trying to play some bogus "race" card or some shit.. The reason they use those terms is becuase it's pretty much widely recognized that those countries & races are better then most others in certain arenas.
Now I'm not a scientist and I couldn't tell ya why some races are better at somethings and worse in others, hell I couldn't tell ya even what most races are better at then others except for the obvious ones.
an example of that. If I stood up and yelled out I got a 12 inch pecker in the middle of a party, most people would think it's funny and laugh.. One of you two jump up and yell out I got a 12 inch pecker in the middle of a party, and you see all the white guys doing the walk of shame.. LOL Is that "rascist?" Becuase people believe a black guy but not a white guy?
or is it becuase we've all been in a locker room at one point or another and seen an anaconda.
Lets go aside from all that... Setting aside the whole black thing & white thing. Have you ever talked to Scoopy? If your telling me that you'd buy a boat off that guy, well then I think you need to have your head examined becuase he talked so ghetto when I talked to him I damn near needed a translator.. And I consider myself to be quite the "wigga" up on all the slang terms.
RD :D :D
You spent way to much time on this subject I can see what kind of person you are. Yes I do know Scoop and he is a bit extreme and no I would not buy a boat from him for other reasons not that he is a black boat builder. What difference does the color of the boat builder make anyway. Have you been in the boat shops and see who is building them. I think if you have a problem with scoops image or background I think you should take it up with him at Water Rod. But we all know you wont do that :D In any case have a good day. I would rather talk about women then someones skin color.

RiverDave
07-30-2004, 01:18 PM
No no no No no.... That's bullshit Shake yo Azz... That right there is bullshit.
You done started this and now we's gonna sort it out.
You spent way to much time on this subject I can see what kind of person you are.
Please share with the group, becuase I think ya got the wrong impression of me to be honest.
Yes I do know Scoop and he is a bit extreme and no I would not buy a boat from him for other reasons not that he is a black boat builder.
A little "extreme" or a little "ghetto"
What difference does the color of the boat builder make anyway.
Well I must admit this is where maybe I come off a little bit of a rascist, becuase it actually does matter to me.. Why I'm not sure, but it does. But hey, being that I'm white, and I live in California and I'm not a MINORITY when to I get to play the victim?
Have you been in the boat shops and see who is building them.
LMAO... :D Why yes I have, and I've seen who's overseeing that whole program too.
I think if you have a problem with scoops image or background I think you should take it up with him at Water Rod. But we all know you wont do that
I don't have too... Why would I bother to go out of my way to take it up with him? I don't care enough about him or his "niggardly" boats too.
In any case have a good day. I would rather talk out women then someones skin color.
I appreciate the good day.. :) And I would rather see some pictures of women then talk about them, but since it's a slow friday I'll talk whatever.. Boats, Symantics, Scoopy, chix, whatevas.. I'm easy like sunday morning.
RD

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
07-30-2004, 01:27 PM
Hay RD calm down its only a computer, you are way to serious. I believe anyway can say or feel what they want. So its cool I'm not mad or anything in fact I think it's funny. Next Time I see you i will give you a beer, let me see was it Coors Lite :D. I think if you got laid you would calm down and not wig out on the boards. No matter what someone may say about me or my skin color i dont care because some day I may have to tow them him of they may have to tow me in. So in short RD take a chill pill :D

RiverDave
07-30-2004, 01:38 PM
I'll tow ya in my brother from another mother. ;) :)
Dude, seriously I'm not upset or anything I'm just joking around.. Call your buddy kilrtoy, he'll set ya straight on the RD tip. ;) :D
RD

mike37
07-30-2004, 07:01 PM
There was a water rod out at nacimiento on memoreal day
well it was in the parking lot the boat looked good
the props were all f uckt up
and dam the drive looked like it had ben drug through
every sand bar, rock bar, tree stump and then drug up the ramp and down the road

Kilrtoy
07-30-2004, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by mike37
every sand bar, rock bar, tree stump and then drug up the ramp and down the road
So what your saying is the owner can't drive very well

mike37
07-30-2004, 08:35 PM
yep thats right

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
07-31-2004, 11:57 AM
Dam thats not a good sign

mike37
07-31-2004, 01:44 PM
Dam thats not a good sign
got to hand it to them later that weelend they were back on the water with new props having fun like nuthin ever hapend

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
07-31-2004, 02:10 PM
Some people must have it like that

PlyaPlya22
07-31-2004, 08:50 PM
got to hand it to them later that weelend they were back on the water with new props having fun like nuthin ever hapend
Some pockets run deeper than others.;)

Kilrtoy
08-01-2004, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by PlyaPlya22
Some pockets run deeper than others.;)
I have some deep ass pockets,
They are always just empty