PDA

View Full Version : Mixing the perfect G & T ???

Mandelon
07-08-2003, 08:10 PM
Alright mixmasters.....
Which is it?
Ice first, then Gin, then Tonic, or
Gin first, then Tonic, then Ice?????
I heard you are supposed to add the ice first, then the gin, then tonic......lime slice last of course. Supposedly the ice sucks up some of the gin...then gives it back as it melts. :confused:
Tanqueray is our go to Juniper Juice.....Let's hear it...... argue :D :D

al cole'holic
07-08-2003, 08:31 PM
First you grab the Gin, then the Tonic, and a glass of ice...then proceed to throw it all in the garbage and grab a silver from the fridge :D

TPI
07-08-2003, 08:36 PM
Mandelon,
You startled me for a minute, all I saw was mixing GT? That sounds pretty good.

SoCalOffshore
07-08-2003, 08:38 PM
Yes your right. Drink the entire bottle of gin, then slug down the tonic and suck on a few ice cubes. Works every time.

126driver
07-09-2003, 05:22 AM
Mandelon:
Supposedly the ice sucks up some of the gin...then gives it back as it melts. :confused:
"Gives it back?" WTF!!! I want it NOW! :D

MAXIMUS
07-09-2003, 06:16 AM
All right I don't normally share my secrets but for this thread I'll make an exception... Since tanqueray is my main juice!!! I like to start with a nice bucket, add about a half a glass of crushed ice or small ice cubes, I squeeze fresh lime only (not to much usually just a nice wedge, mexican limes are by far the way to go!) then chase the rim once or twice for good measure! Next add plenty of tanqueray approx 1/2 to 2/3 of your bucket. Then just bang the top with tonic! Stir once & enjoy! Also a good cigar will enhance the flavor of your cocktail & make for an all around enjoyable saturday afternoon!!! :) :)
[ July 09, 2003, 07:19 AM: Message edited by: MAXIMUS ]

Essex502
07-09-2003, 06:52 AM
Follow these steps:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Tall glass. <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Fill with cube ice. <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Squeeze 1/4 slice of lime and throw lime carcass into the glass. <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Fill glass to halfway point with Tanquery. <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Top with tonic. <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Stir. <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Find cool shade place on the porch. <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Sit down, lean back and enjoy.<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">

Blown 472
07-09-2003, 06:54 AM
Essex502:
Follow these steps:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Tall glass. <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Fill with cube ice. <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Squeeze 1/4 slice of lime and throw lime carcass into the glass. <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Fill glass to halfway point with Tanquery. <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Top with tonic. <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Stir. <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Find cool shade place on the porch. <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Sit down, lean back and enjoy.<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">or sit on the back of your boat holding onto your buddies boat while you drift and drink.

NastyOne
07-09-2003, 07:20 AM
al cole'holic:
First you grab the Gin, then the Tonic, and a glass of ice...then proceed to throw it all in the garbage and grab a silver from the fridge :D :D :o :D :o

Boozer
07-09-2003, 09:06 AM
Whats up with the tangueray? Does noone like Bombay Sapphire? Bombay Sapphire is the only Gin I drink.

Fufu Queen
07-09-2003, 09:33 AM
Boozer Im with ya. Bombay Sapphire, is the BOMB. I’m hooked and ain’t ashamed to admit it. Got to be hard core if your a gin drinker. But I guess like boating we take our drinking Serious. Oh one more thing F the French. Drink Kettle one
[ July 09, 2003, 10:34 AM: Message edited by: Fufu Queen ]

Boozer
07-09-2003, 09:35 AM
Fufu Queen:
Boozer Im with ya. Bombay Sapphire, is the BOMB. I’m hooked and ain’t ashamed to admit it. Got to be hard core if your a gin drinker. But I guess like boating we take our drinking Serious. Oh one more thing F the French. Drink Kettle one KETEL 1 IS THE SHIZNIT!!! The perfect Martini is made with Ketel 1. LOTS of K1 a splash of vermouthe and extra dirty. Shakin, never stirred.

Essex502
07-09-2003, 11:06 AM
Ketel 1 Greyhound is my preferred cocktail.
Tried Bombay Saphire...okay but not Tanqueray.

126driver
07-09-2003, 04:33 PM
Tanqueray -----------> G & T
Saphire---------> Martini

VillainDave
07-09-2003, 05:15 PM
idea Ok here it is the ultimate G&T
First you start a 2 gallon cooler with the spout at the bottom
Then you fill it crushed ice but leave about 21/2 inches at the top
Then add a 1.75 liter bottle of Seagrums lime twisted gin :D yes the whole thing! (save tanqueray and Bombay for when you're home1)
Cut three limes in half and sqeeze then drop them in
And fill the rest of the way with tonic water stir and put the lid on and yell!!! Gin and Tonics for everyone! :D :D :D :D

burtandnancy
07-09-2003, 08:11 PM
The gin has to come from the refer, never off the shelf...