PDA

View Full Version : Boat Accident

Just Tool'n
09-01-2003, 04:23 PM
Just received a phone call, one guy that works for me was involved in a boating tragedy sat night.
4 guys in a boat on pine flat resivoir were out at a high rate of speed, late saturday night.
They hit an outcrouping of rocks due to the alcohol, low water levels, & no light to see were they were going.
A 21 year old person is dead, 2 more in the hospital with broken bones.
The guy that works for me was the owner of the 21ft runabout, he was not driving. His friend was driving, and he is the one that was killed.
Remember everyone to please be careful when you go boating.
DO NOT TAKE LIFE FOR GRANTED!

JetBoatRich
09-01-2003, 07:55 PM
Another sad story, a life is lost due to no self control and alcohol. These headlines are terrible and my heart goes out to the family.
Lets all think about our actions, it could affect the rest of our lives, or somebodies Else's family

Jrocket
09-01-2003, 07:57 PM
Dam these storys are popping up more and more.Sorry to hear this.

burbanite
09-01-2003, 08:16 PM
And the more they happen the more you and I eat it.

Essex502
09-02-2003, 06:01 AM
Stupid is as stupid does. Darwin was right.

Little Wood Boat
09-02-2003, 07:44 AM
Hey E-502, Was that really necessary to post? LWB

1Bahnerjet
09-02-2003, 09:15 AM
Just Tool'n , Thats BAD. Your Employee's Troubles are Just Beginning if he Doesn't have good Liablity Insurance.
-------
Thats BANNER with an H

Essex502
09-02-2003, 09:40 AM
Little Wood Boat:
Hey E-502, Was that really necessary to post? LWB If the truth hurts then maybe somebody will learn from it. No sympathy for the driver nor passengers. Should have better sense.

You Te
09-02-2003, 03:41 PM
Don't drink and drive, that's a good way to stay alive. I don't feel bad for those who kill them self because they want to be stupid.
I do feel bad when the drunks take out some innocent bystander.
You Te

Just Tool'n
09-03-2003, 03:49 PM
Just an update on this stuff.
My employee got out of the hospital yesterday, broken vertabrea in his bck, as well as a compressed disc. L-1 vertabrea.
He & 3 others were ejected from the boat when the hit a rock.
The driver who was not drunk, was killed. Hit his head while on the way out, & had massive head trauma.
My employee had insurance on the boat. I hope he had suffcient enough liabity insurance on it!
One female had a dislocated hip. The othe male passenger had a cut on his head. # people stayed in the boat, there was 7 people total in the boat.
All were young adults 20 to 27 years of age.

VillainDave
09-03-2003, 04:24 PM
I don't know about the rest of you guys but when i'm drunk the boat is docked and I'm walkin to where I want to go! Yep! Just doin the ole texas two step :D

JetBoatRich
09-03-2003, 04:29 PM
Sounds like the they had the DD at the wheel, he used real bad judgement while driving.
Good news about the employee, but sounds like he has a long recovery in front of him.

Just Tool'n
09-03-2003, 07:26 PM
RD nicely put!
Damn communist trying to stop all the fun.

burbanite
09-04-2003, 12:23 PM
RiverDave:
The driver who was not drunk, was killed. Hit his head while on the way out, & had massive head trauma.
Yet already almost every post in this thread is in relation to drinking and driving..
RD Yes but the comments were in response to this...
Just Tool'n:
They hit an outcrouping of rocks due to the alcohol,

Just Tool'n
09-04-2003, 08:10 PM
After talking to my employee, who was ejected I learned the facts from him, not second hand info that I had on monday.
Thats why the change in the statement of facts!
Just so we all know, going 35+MPH in the dark is stupid, regardless if your drunk or sober.