And I remember promising myself that when I grew up there was no way in
hell I was going to lay a bunch of crap like that on kids about
how hard I
had it and how easy they've got it!
But.... Now that I've reached the ripe old age of thirty, I can't
help but
look around and notice the youth of today. You've got it so
f*ckin' easy! I
mean, compared to my childhood, you live in a goddamned Utopia!
And I hate
to say it but you kids today you don't know how good you've got it!
I mean, when I was a kid we didn't have The Internet--we wanted to know
something, we had to go to the damned library and look it up yourselves!
And there was no email! We had to actually write somebody a
letter--with a
pen!--and then you had to walk all the way across the street and
put it in
the f*ckin' mailbox and it would take like a week to get there!
And there were no MP3s or Napsters! You wanted to steal music, you had to
go to the goddamned record store and shoplift it yourself! Or we had to
wait around all day to tape it off the radio and the DJ would
usually talk
over some part of it and f*ck it all up!
You want to hear about hardship? You couldn't just download p*rn! You had
to bribe some homeless dude to buy you a copy of "Hustler" at the
7-11! It
was either that or jack-off to the lingerie section of the JC Penney
catalog! Those were your options!
We didn't have fa! ncy sh*t like Call Waiting! If you were on the
phone and
somebody else called they got a busy signal! And we didn't have fancy
Caller ID Boxes either! When the phone rang, you had no idea who
it was it
could be your boss, your mom, a collections agent, your drug dealer, you
didn't know!!! You just had to pick it up and take your chances, mister!
And we didn't have any fancy Sony Playstation videogames with
high-resolution 3-D graphics! We had the Atari 2600! With games
like "Space
Invaders" and "Asteroids" and the graphics sucked a$$! Your guy was a
little square! You had to use your imagination! And there were no
multiple
levels or screens, it was just one screen forever! And you could
never win,
the game just kept getting harder and faster until you died! Just
like LIFE!
When you went to the movie theater there no such thing as stadium
seating!
All the seats were the same height! A tall guy sat in front of you, you
were screwed! !
And sure, we had cable television, but back then that was only like 20
channels and there was no onscreen menu! You had to use a little book
called a TV Guide to find out what was on!
And there was no Cartoon Network! You could only get cartoons on Saturday
morning...D'ya hear what the f*ck I'm saying!?! We had to wait ALL WEEK,
you spoiled little bastards!
That's exactly what I'm talking about! You kids today have got it
too easy.
You're spoiled, I swear to God! You guys wouldn't last five minutes in
1984!!

OutCole'd
01-18-2003, 10:53 AM
LMAO !!!!!

Wet Dream
01-18-2003, 10:59 AM
So f'ing true.
Hilarious

Moomawnster
01-18-2003, 11:06 AM
Hell Yeah ! You know when a 44 year old man can outskate the 20 somethings at the ice rink that something has gone wrong , I really hate to see kids growing up as wimps ... Especially the ones with bratitudes and big mouths .... eek!

JetBoatRich
01-18-2003, 11:52 AM
Good one and so true.
I remember playing PONG on the TV, each a little paddle. This was advanced video game.
How about Select or OnTV before cable 1 channel for $21 a month and no choice and what to watch, watch and like it or go read?

Laveyman
01-18-2003, 01:02 PM
It's scary to admit, but I still remember when Pong was the $hit!!! Boring as hell! Boop, beep, bop, beep, boop-boop, beep.....ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
And what's this stuff about 20 TV channels? In the boondocks of Minnesota we had exactly FIVE channels. Only four of them came in worth a darn.
I also didn't own a new car until I was 23 years old, when I worked my a$$ off and bought it MYSELF! It torques me to no end when I see Buff and Tiff's little spoiled bastard kid driving around in a BMW that daddy bought for them on their sixteenth birthday. And they wonder why the little f%&k doesn't appreciate anything and has a major tude! :mad:
Enough ranting, but I could go on forever on this one.

GM Killer
01-18-2003, 01:16 PM
Just a wild guess, but did somebody wake up on the wrong side of the bed today?!!

Ian
01-18-2003, 01:43 PM
Yeah it's nice being a kid in the 90's.

boatnam2
01-18-2003, 01:51 PM
very true.i tell the oldest boy about how good he's got it and should appreciate it,he tells me thats the same thing i will tell my kid and its the same thing my kid will tell his kid.

NEW 2 RIVER
01-18-2003, 03:19 PM
posted by JET BOAT RICH
Good one and so true.
I remember playing PONG on the TV, each a little paddle. This was advanced video game.
How about Select or OnTV before cable 1 channel for $21 a month and no choice and what to watch, watch and like it or go read?
Brings back memories 1 channel and no choice it was Friday the 13th at 8pm almost every night.

Mrs Big Boy Toys
01-18-2003, 03:57 PM
Man I feel old after reading this.... :( Thanks.....LOL.... :p
One good thing about back then was,We didn't have gangs' shooting each other over territory and shooting innocent people. We could actually be out walking around at night and not have to worry about a drive by. All I worried about was not getting caught sneaking out of my window on a Friday or Saturday night.

Raskal
01-18-2003, 09:37 PM
pong was the shit but hten came good old atari with pacman smile_sp

Raskal
01-18-2003, 09:38 PM
pong was the shit but then came good old atari with pacman smile_sp

Daytona19
01-18-2003, 09:41 PM
I was the TV REMOTE !! I hated changing the channel every 5 minutes or so.

Kwicherbichen
01-19-2003, 12:52 AM
Does anyone remember the first TV remotes that "clicked"? Hence the phrase, "where's the clicker". Since it worked on noise I discovered I could change the channels (not very effectively) by jiggling my keys. Oh yea, those were the days!
Remember when someone had a pager? He was the shit. Either rich or a dealer. How about those first series cell pnones? Big as a briefcase. Now my 16 year old has a Nokia phone. Tough life, eh?

Moomawnster
01-19-2003, 01:16 AM
All this techno shit is fine but what are these kids learning from being given expensive equipment by their parents ? I have met so many young folks who seem to think that everything will be GIVEN to them .....and won't WORK for anything ..... sorry ! but the people in this country who actually create things and do the work are the Heros, not the ad maggots who push chinese crap and micro junk with the word FREE all over everything . I don't care what you HAVE .... I want to know what you can DO !

ACCEPTENCE
01-19-2003, 03:28 PM
Holy crapman batman!!!! I'm hearin a pitty party comin on...
I'm kinda diggin all gizmos and gadgets, why bag on um??? It's now 2003, have all the fun you can, You'll be dead soon!!!!!

topless
01-19-2003, 06:06 PM
ACCEPTENCE:
Holy crapman batman!!!! I'm hearin a pitty party comin on...
I'm kinda diggin all gizmos and gadgets, why bag on um??? It's now 2003, have all the fun you can, You'll be dead soon!!!!! No shit! This was meant to be funny, not to start ww III with our kids! If our kids are spoiled rotten brats, its our fault. Calm down already!

JimmyBaja
01-19-2003, 06:12 PM
Oh yeah and my 8 track was the neatest thing going... How about the CB craze?? A little Space Invaders anyone?
We were way to cool back then, but look at the girls clothes today.... "Peace Baby".
Soon we'll see the return of peace rallies and war protests.

Her454
01-19-2003, 06:35 PM
8 TRACK Tapes, Ditto Clothing, Feathered Hairdoooo, CB Radios, Dukes of Hazzard - with NO remote, No Microwaves... walking to the nearest Circle K to get an icee without worrying you'd get your face plastered on a Missing Billboard...
cruising the avenue without worrying you'd be in a drive-by...those were the days :D

HammerDown
01-19-2003, 06:37 PM
Her454...did you live thru those days...or just watching That 70's Show...lol.

JimmyBaja
01-19-2003, 06:39 PM
Real MUSCLE CARS... not these cheap imported minis

Mrs Big Boy Toys
01-19-2003, 06:42 PM
Her454:
8 TRACK Tapes, Ditto Clothing, Feathered Hairdoooo, CB Radios, Dukes of Hazzard - with NO remote, No Microwaves... walking to the nearest Circle K to get an icee without worrying you'd get your face plastered on a Missing Billboard...
cruising the avenue without worrying you'd be in a drive-by...those were the days :D Your to young to know all that.... wink

topless
01-19-2003, 06:46 PM
If I would have saved my clothes from jr hi & high school, I would be alot richer now. My daughter thiks its cool to dress like we used to.

BigBoyToys
01-19-2003, 06:57 PM
Her454:
cruising the avenue without worrying you'd be in a drive-by...those were the days :D Now you're making me feel old. :( Not only do I remember all this stuff, I remember watching TV on a 12" black and white....That was our only one. And, I was Sooooo excited when I got my Pong game for Xmas 1 year. Sat there and played it for 2 weeks straight. And my skateboard, I believe they called it a "banana board", Yellow piece of plastic with 4 wheels....

Her454
01-19-2003, 07:00 PM
HammerDown:
Her454...did you live thru those days...or just watching That 70's Show...lol. uh....watching that 70's show of course. wink

JimmyBaja
01-19-2003, 07:05 PM
Remember the 20" wheelie bikes??? Banna seat with long handle bars....

Her454
01-19-2003, 07:09 PM
JimmyBaja:
Remember the 20" wheelie bikes??? Banna seat with long handle bars.... NOPE. Thats wayyyyyyy too old for me.... eek!

HammerDown
01-19-2003, 07:14 PM
JimmyBaja:
Remember the 20" wheelie bikes??? Banna seat with long handle bars.... Your dam right I do..I had a Shwin with the long seat ape hangers and a plastic windsheld...and it even had a 5 speed stick shif with a ball on the end, and a 3" slick on the rear...now thats what I'm talking about! Forgot about the high back sissy bar with back pad.
[ January 19, 2003, 07:18 PM: Message edited by: HammerDown ]

Her454
01-19-2003, 07:19 PM
HammerDown:
I had a Shwin with the long seat ape hangers and a plastic windsheld...and it even had a 5 speed stick shif with a ball on the end, and a 3" slick on the rear...now thats what I'm talking about! I bet you were the hottie on the block....went from the shwin to a Harley hu wink

HammerDown
01-19-2003, 07:34 PM
Her454:
HammerDown:
I had a Shwin with the long seat ape hangers and a plastic windsheld...and it even had a 5 speed stick shif with a ball on the end, and a 3" slick on the rear...now thats what I'm talking about! I bet you were the hottie on the block....went from the shwin to a Harley hu wink Thats funny...but now that you mention it. I was the only kid on the block that had a genuine Harley Davidson Mini bike...with a kick start, clutch and 3 speed on the lower left. I would smoke all the other (sears) mini bikes with my hole shot....ahhhh those were the memories...thats for sure!

Her454
01-19-2003, 07:37 PM
HammerDown:
I would smoke all the other (sears) mini bikes with my hole shot....ahhhh those were the memories...thats for sure! I had the fastest big wheel on the block, and it had those pretty pink ribbons comming from the handlegrips....
wink

JetBoatRich
01-19-2003, 07:37 PM
Thanks I feel older now frown

HammerDown
01-19-2003, 07:44 PM
Her454:
HammerDown:
I would smoke all the other (sears) mini bikes with my hole shot....ahhhh those were the memories...thats for sure! I had the fastest big wheel on the block, and it had those pretty pink ribbons comming from the handlegrips....
wink Big Wheels...they wernt around in the mid 70's...oop's sorry about that. lol
[ January 19, 2003, 07:45 PM: Message edited by: HammerDown ]

beyondhelpin
01-19-2003, 07:44 PM
Yea I was the remote too. Dad had the "high tech" voice command model. Kinda a pain in the ass if he was not sure what he wanted to watch!

Her454
01-19-2003, 07:46 PM
HammerDown:
Big Wheels...they wernt around in the mid 70's...oop's sorry about that. lol OUCH, damn that stung. Can moderators moderate moderators? LOL. wink

JetBoatRich
01-19-2003, 07:53 PM
Her454:
HammerDown:
Big Wheels...they wernt around in the mid 70's...oop's sorry about that. lol OUCH, damn that stung. Can moderators moderate moderators? LOL. wink Big Wheels are cool!

sandblasted
01-19-2003, 08:22 PM
JetBoatRich:
Her454:
HammerDown:
Big Wheels...they wernt around in the mid 70's...oop's sorry about that. lol OUCH, damn that stung. Can moderators moderate moderators? LOL. wink Big Wheels are cool! We use to run them downhills and then try to power brake them and spin out...after about 30 attemps the cheap plastic wheels would start to wear out...Man, that was fun..

JetBoatRich
01-19-2003, 08:26 PM
Flatspots on plastice wheels can be hard on the ASS :D

Her454
01-19-2003, 08:31 PM
sandblasted:
We use to run them downhills and then try to power brake them and spin out...after about 30 attemps the cheap plastic wheels would start to wear out...Man, that was fun.. EXACTLY! That was a blast! And JBR is right, the flat spots were hard on the ass after awhile. :D Oh to be a kid again.

JetBoatRich
01-19-2003, 08:32 PM
We could take a lot more abuse on our bodys when we were young. :rolleyes:

Her454
01-19-2003, 08:34 PM
JetBoatRich:
We could take a lot more abuse on our bodys when we were young. :rolleyes: whats this "we" stuff? eek!

malcolm
01-19-2003, 08:35 PM
I always wanted a Big wheel as a kid in the 70's. Have you seen the cool new metal ones that Razor is making?
And they all had been road hard until the big plastic tire rubbed through. Ha-ha :D

Her454
01-19-2003, 08:40 PM
ok, i'm taking a hard right turn in my big wheel here for a sec..anyone remember how great the candy was back in the day? Old fashioned flat taffy sticks, candy cigarettes...

JetBoatRich
01-19-2003, 08:42 PM
Her454:
JetBoatRich:
We could take a lot more abuse on our bodys when we were young. :rolleyes: whats this "we" stuff? eek! Insult you?

Her454
01-19-2003, 08:48 PM
JetBoatRich:
Insult you? Hardly, I have have to be old to get insulted right? wink :D wink

JetBoatRich
01-19-2003, 08:51 PM
Her454:
JetBoatRich:
Insult you? Hardly, I have have to be old to get insulted right? wink :D wink Good to feel young and not insulted?

Her454
01-19-2003, 08:52 PM
your on a roll tonight arn't you......

JetBoatRich
01-19-2003, 08:53 PM
Her454:
your on a roll tonight arn't you...... Trying to keep it going?

Her454
01-19-2003, 08:55 PM
that would be the "who is still up" thread JBR. wink

sandblasted
01-19-2003, 09:12 PM
Kids today got it pretty good..I would have killed to have a gas powered skateboard/scooter when I was 15...those things are cool...

JetBoatRich
01-20-2003, 04:14 AM
sandblasted:
Kids today got it pretty good..I would have killed to have a gas powered skateboard/scooter when I was 15...those things are cool... Your leg doesn't get tired with those

Her454
01-20-2003, 08:14 AM
can you imagine growing up with Big Wheels now....helmets, plastic seatbelt with shoulder harness, 3 hour Big Wheel safety class -with test, before anyone can ride before the age of 4,
indemnity clause to be signed by all, and a rev limiter on the pedals wink

RPrincez
01-20-2003, 08:17 AM
I am 24 years old and I wish I still had the pink bike with the flower basket and banana seat. It was a cool bike when I was a kid. :)

JetBoatRich
01-20-2003, 08:25 AM
RPrincez:
I am 24 years old and I wish I still had the pink bike with the flower basket and banana seat. It was a cool bike when I was a kid. :) Was going to write something, but that wouldn't be nice :D

RPrincez
01-20-2003, 08:32 AM
I am scared to ask where you are going with your comment?

Her454
01-20-2003, 08:44 AM
RPrincez:
I am scared to ask where you are going with your comment? Oh noo, you are just asking for the devil to rear its ugly head my dear..... wink

Blown 472
01-20-2003, 08:56 AM
Her454:
RPrincez:
I am scared to ask where you are going with your comment? Oh noo, you are just asking for the devil to rear its ugly head my dear..... wink And who wood that be?

Her454
01-20-2003, 08:59 AM
if the shoe fits......oh jeeez, nevermind. eek!

Blown 472
01-20-2003, 09:00 AM
Her454:
if the shoe fits......oh jeeez, nevermind. eek! Or tha bannana?

RPrincez
01-20-2003, 09:07 AM
You guys are too funny! No banana for me, it is all about the real thing! :D

Liberator TJ1984
01-20-2003, 02:18 PM
RK filled us in on her flings with "Mr.Showerhead"
we are all ears :D
do tell the rest of your story :p enquiring minds want to know wink

bigerich
01-20-2003, 03:39 PM
Do kids even know what "street football" is anymore, I remember having to stop the game numerous times to let cars go by on the street. I don't even see kids outside in my neighborhood now, let alone playing a game????

HammerDown
01-20-2003, 03:55 PM
The game in our street back then was half ball. But the fun thing to do (now I'm about 5-8 years old)...the Milk Man would deliver and pickup on our street...and on those hotter burningm then hell days we would sneek in his truck and grab some chunks of ice! We drove that guy nuts...all harmless fun.