PDA

View Full Version : Heatwave Roll Call

Havasu Hangin'
04-21-2003, 10:42 AM
Name- Havasu Hangin' and crew (boy's trip...AKA- sausage fest)
Boat- 28' Conquest Deckboat (3rd string)
Group- 2nd Group
You guys can't miss me- I'll be the drunk, short, (Danny DeVito-lookin') guy with water-wings on...
...tryin' to light the BBQ at 80MPH.
[ April 21, 2003, 11:44 AM: Message edited by: Havasu Hangin' ]

SCUBA STEVE
04-21-2003, 10:53 AM
too funny, too bad I'll be in parker with the family. oh no I said the parker word on your thread. argue

Havasu Hangin'
04-21-2003, 10:57 AM
SCUBA STEVE:
oh no I said the parker word on your thread.The first 10,000 mentions are OK...after that, you get ParkerDave status...

kevnmcd
04-21-2003, 11:01 AM
When is the Heatwave?

SCUBA STEVE
04-21-2003, 11:05 AM
oh no, I better stop now, I dont want to be known as parkerdave jr. LOL

DogHouse
04-21-2003, 11:09 AM
kevnmcd:
When is the Heatwave? It's this Saturday the 26th, same day as BBSP V. I am hoping to be around if I can get the last few details worked out on the boat this week. Will probably sit on the sidelines and watch the fast hardware go by. Don't want to be tempted to push the new motor too hard until it has a few hours of easy cruising on it.
-brian

Jrocket
04-21-2003, 11:22 AM
HH....I'll be out there.I dont know who will be with me but Im going!!! :D
I dont think I'll be entering the poker run unless some friends of mine step up and say they want to go.I told them we can go in halves on the entry fee and split the winnings.....cheap bastards wouldnt budge!!!! :rolleyes:
I might be the only one man operation out there.... :D

Screaming Pete
04-21-2003, 11:30 AM
Screaming Pete and company will be thier in the Mach 22 with the missis and 2 others , :D

Boatmaster
04-21-2003, 11:36 AM
I'll be there (25 Daytona twin 300mercs)for the BBSP put on buy Havasu Barney, Wicky and Havasu Secret in speed alley. If anyone get a chance stop by speed alley, it't always a good time.

Robbie Racer
04-21-2003, 02:08 PM
HH, I plan to be there with my Carrera 257. I don't know which group I will be in for the poker run. How do they determine that? R/R

Sandbar Junkies
04-21-2003, 02:25 PM
I will see everyone on Friday. Plan to roll in late Thursday night. Probally make it to watch some of the BBSP on Sunday.

Reaper1
04-21-2003, 02:43 PM
Be there Friday. 270 Hallett. Looking forward to a great weekend. :)

dcb carrera
04-21-2003, 03:15 PM
I'll be there Thursday, I hope the weather holds up. I love watching the poker run, if it's like the last one, I watched them go by from copper canyon. I will be in a Mach 26(DCB) with my wife and a friend and his wife. Come by and say hi and I always have beer. Silvers :D

Havasu Hangin'
04-21-2003, 04:17 PM
Robbie Racer:
HH, I plan to be there with my Carrera 257. I don't know which group I will be in for the poker run. How do they determine that? R/R Last year, I think it was:
First Group- 100MPH+
Second Group- 60MPH+
Third Group- 60MPH and under
I'm not sure...but it's something like that. Anyway, you pick the group that you want to run.

RiverToysJas
04-21-2003, 04:29 PM
I'll be there on Nextasex's 26' Lavey!!!
RTJas :D

C-2
04-21-2003, 04:31 PM
Robbie Racer (and HH, RodJr)
Sorry I didn’t get you guys videos in advance of the poker run, they went to duplication without me receiving any copies. Stop by the shirt booth, say hi and I’ll make it up to you.
RobbieRacer
I believe you will be in the second group based on your size. The big guys get out front pretty quick and chop up the water pretty good, eek! eek! makes for an interesting ride for the fast but smaller cats. I imagine it will be a blast in the second group.
BTW
For anybody who is coming out to watch this thing, the single best place to view it from is the large cove in front of Havasu Palms (or just North of it), on the California side. By then the boats are being released and are coming up to speed. Be sure to stay close to the buoy line; by floating past it you are cutting into the path of boats. You may not realize that, but it makes a lot of people nervous. From this vantage point you also have a much wider and longer view. Excellent photo location.
At copper canyon they are still behind the pace boat and not up to speed (at least they’re supposed to be behind the pace boat :mad: :mad: ). They are not released until they hit pilot rock (that big red rock on the Arizona side).
Hope to put some faces to names and looking forward to a kick-ass weekend.
At the BBSP on Sunday…any particular time that people are making runs or does everybody kinda hang out and do whatever, whenever?
Hot Boats Rule!!!!!!!

Robbie Racer
04-21-2003, 04:56 PM
C2, no problem on the video. I was able to get a good idea what it's like from the links to the teaser video's that were posted. Can you recommend a launch ramp to use since I waited too long and slips were no longer available for overnight use? Thanks, R/R

SCUBA STEVE
04-21-2003, 05:21 PM
Havasu Hangin':
Robbie Racer:
HH, I plan to be there with my Carrera 257. I don't know which group I will be in for the poker run. How do they determine that? R/R Last year, I think it was:
First Group- 100MPH+
Second Group- 60MPH+
Third Group- 60MPH and under
I'm not sure...but it's something like that. Anyway, you pick the group that you want to run. you mean I can actually enter one of these things with a 21' under 60mph boat. sounds silly but I would like to try it once. maybe in the fall?

playdeep
04-21-2003, 06:50 PM
Leaving thursday evening(only 521 miles)...
25 Eliminator Eagle,Red scallops w/yellow pinstripes(same as riverlivers daytona graphics)
boat name:VISUAL NOISE
If the girlfriend goes,probably just gonna spectate...if she isn't there
Maybe start with the second group..the only problem is that there is some really,really,bad ass hot rods in the second group. jawdrop

al cole'holic
04-21-2003, 07:10 PM
...ahh screw it! I think I am gonna ditch the bike run in Laughlin and hit the water both Friday and Saturday!!

Havasu Hangin'
04-21-2003, 07:13 PM
Robbie Racer:
Can you recommend a launch ramp to use since I waited too long and slips were no longer available for overnight use? Thanks, R/R We got out at 8:30AM on Saturday (with no wait) at the Lake Havasu Marina. Here's (http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Hot_Boat_Happenings/Poker_Runs/the34s.mpg) a repeat of the 34's getting launched...
SCUBA STEVE:
...you mean I can actually enter one of these things with a 21' under 60mph boat. sounds silly but I would like to try it once. maybe in the fall? Well, son...if you ever decide to venture away from Parker...you'll find there's a whole new world out there!
Actually, there was a little flatbottom out there last year- I think it was 18'. That guy probably won the award for the biggest huevos (and biggest kidney belt)...
playdeep:
..the only problem is that there is some really,really,bad ass hot rods in the second group.Go big or go home...I always say (especially when it's someone else's equipment)...
BTW, playdeep, Joey will be on Carlos' boat (the Mach with the red flames)...
al cole'holic:
...ahh screw it! I think I am gonna ditch the bike run in Laughlin and hit the water both Friday and Saturday!! I hope there's no one out there in a 21' Ultra Jet...

al cole'holic
04-21-2003, 07:15 PM
..hahaha, too funny HH. You were out there last year right?? We was next to each other yeah?

H2on22
04-21-2003, 07:28 PM
Will be there Fri-Mon w/ 28 Elimator Eagle and breaking in the new Kachina w/ a boat full of bikinis. Does anyone have a link to a good map of Havasu and all the coves? Can't find one w/all the coves named on it.

25Elmn8r
04-21-2003, 07:35 PM
We will be there. Heading out late thursday. Look for me hanging on the sidelines watching the big boys run, I'll be the one playing CHECKERS on my engine cover! :D :D
Michael, I want a ride(I mean drive) in that Eagle!

bordsmnj
04-21-2003, 07:45 PM
i may drive out on the lake in my new 21 foot cheering section. gotta talk the ol' lady into it though. :rolleyes: so, copper's the spot to watch from ,eh? :D

Jrocket
04-21-2003, 07:49 PM
Well looks like all my friends are not going now...... :rolleyes:
Soooooooo....I'll go alone. :D HAHAHAHA

WILD LAVEY
04-21-2003, 08:18 PM
heading out thurs afternoon. i'll be with the 2nd group. see you guys there.
jason, whats up! your not taking your boat?

SCUBA STEVE
04-21-2003, 08:18 PM
Havasu Hangin':
SCUBA STEVE:
...you mean I can actually enter one of these things with a 21' under 60mph boat. sounds silly but I would like to try it once. maybe in the fall? Well, son...if you ever decide to venture away from Parker...you'll find there's a whole new world out there!
Actually, there was a little flatbottom out there last year- I think it was 18'. That guy probably won the award for the biggest huevos (and biggest kidney belt)...
Did Havasu Hangin' actually write the words PARKER? :D Thats what I am afraid off getting by ball's turned into tortilla's out there. I am still pondering making a quick day trip over to havasu, to be a spectator. I'll have to see what the family thinks. I wanted to spend the weekend trying to get up on the wake board & give my daughter a ride on the tow-a-bull. But a poker run, babes, and beer sounds a lot better. If not this poker run, I'll be at the fall heatwave for sure. - the family. devil

playdeep
04-21-2003, 08:29 PM
HH,
I got some swag for both you and Joey..so we gotta hook up.
BTW,How did you manage to get a hall pass to ride in something other than a DCB?,does Dave know about this?
DJ,Look for us fri. or sat. I'll let you take her out for a spin :D

C-2
04-21-2003, 10:21 PM
A few photos from the past. Granted this is before we required PFD's.
Here are the crazy guys…and yes, that is a fire helmet!
http://image1ex.villagephotos.com/2280021.jpg
I think the best view is from the helicopter eek!
http://image1ex.villagephotos.com/2279956.jpg
Midmagic in his 25’7 Carrera…kick-ass photo
http://image1ex.villagephotos.com/2280025.jpg
The boys from PFM and Ryan from Slide Anchor runnin’ hard in their Schiada
http://image1ex.villagephotos.com/2280027.jpg
……
http://image1ex.villagephotos.com/2280031.jpg
Me in my 21’ Hallett doing the impromptu card station (checkered flag). No anchor made the line kinda fuzzy. Is that a helmet that guy has on?
http://image1ex.villagephotos.com/2280038.jpg
Afterhours Fun!
http://image1ex.villagephotos.com/2280041.jpg
[ April 21, 2003, 11:31 PM: Message edited by: C-2 ]

Dusty Times
04-21-2003, 10:57 PM
We'll be there Friday morning.
27'Carrera with old style arch
Third (Slow Boat, Family Group, Wussy Wave, Etc.)

Jesse James
04-22-2003, 07:46 AM
Be there thursday night riding on a 38 top gun called Speed Racer :D :D

Havasu Hangin'
04-22-2003, 01:28 PM
playdeep:
...How did you manage to get a hall pass to ride in something other than a DCB?,does Dave know about this?Well...until he ponies up and gives me a 34...I'm gonna mooch a ride with whoever will put up with me...
But in the meantime, don't tell him...I don't want him revoking my "VP of Zip-Ties" ranking...
Jesse James:
Be there thursday night riding on a 38 top gun called Speed Racer...ALERT THE MEDIA!!!
Hell has frozen over...did I just hear the "Team LOTO" is coming out of the closet? Riding with the OSO guys, I see?

Havasu Cig
04-22-2003, 02:24 PM
Jesse James:
Be there thursday night riding on a 38 top gun called Speed Racer :D :D I heard Jeffries boat is running strong with the new motors, you guys should have fun.
We will be there in our Top Gun "Smokin'Gun" and our friend will be in the old "Nada Chance" race boat (42' fountain).

midmagic
04-22-2003, 10:06 PM
C-2, I remember all of those pictures. Yes, those were the good days!!! Have fun this weekend!!! :D

Robbie Racer
04-23-2003, 05:05 AM
Bill, you look like you were having just too much fun. :) R/R