PDA

View Full Version : Bas Law! Help!!

Bubbledeck2
07-12-2002, 01:37 PM
I wrote my assemblyman about that assinine SUV tax, greenhouse effect bill .. here is his reply. Please take just 2 minutes of your time to e mail Governor Davis to let him know you are opposed to AB 1493
Thanks!!
Thank you for contacting my office to express your opposition to AB 1058 and the later bill AB 1493. Both deal with the same issue, and I understand your concerns.
I voted against this bill on a number of occassions in Assembly Committee and on the Assembly Floor. Members of the majority party, fearing a backlash from voters if the passed AB 1058, secretly changed the bill number to AB 1493 and passed it through both houses of the State Legislature despite my objections.
The bill is now before the governor's desk. I urge you to contact his office at governor@governor.ca.gov to express your opposition.
I am honored to serve you in the State Assembly.
Mike Briggs
Assemblyman, 29th District

Bubbledeck2
07-12-2002, 01:39 PM
sorry for the typo in the topic ..
I meant "Bad" not Bas

DickDanger
07-12-2002, 01:52 PM
Just sent a letter to the e mail address that you provided. F**k this bill. -DD Out

78Eliminator
07-12-2002, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by DickDanger:
Just sent a letter to the e mail address that you provided. F**k this bill. -DD Out
Yeah, talk about GAY....

ROZ
07-12-2002, 01:55 PM
Governor has mail.

DickDanger
07-12-2002, 02:00 PM
Here is the nice "form letter" that I received upon e mailing them. At least they got the damn thing. -DD Out
Subj: Thank you
Date: 7/12/2002 2:50:52 PM Pacific Daylight Time
To: DangersAleHouse@aol.com
Thank you for your email. I appreciate you taking the time to keep me informed of your opinions and the issues that are important to you. Your comments help keep me informed as we strive to make California a better place in which to work and live.
Your email has been directed to members of my staff who assist constituents and report ideas and concerns daily. If your concern is best handled by a specific department, your correspondence will be forwarded for action and response.
So that we can keep track of correspondence and ensure that we are able to respond to California residents, please be sure to include your name and address when you communicate with the Governor's Office or any state agency. Please note that we do NOT accept email attachments, so your correspondence should be included within the text of your email.
Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts. An informed and engaged citizenry is essential to the democratic process, and I appreciate your willingness to write me.
Sincerely,
Governor Gray Davis

ROZ
07-12-2002, 02:03 PM
Got the same thing 30 seconds after I hit send. How about a black confirmation that it was received THEN a letter from someone who actually read my email!
A-holes!