PDA

View Full Version : My Fire Department

Wet Dream
05-16-2003, 06:14 AM
I've been a volunteer firefighter for about 8 years. I had the best department you could ever belong to when I was living in Montana. But I now live in Pennsylvania and was actually a member of this department for a breif stint. Not only rocks our little community, but make national headlines. This is from CNN:
BROOKVILLE, Pennsylvania (AP) -- Five volunteer firefighters were charged with intentionally setting fires, and three of the men were charged with kidnapping and threatening a witness.
The fire department, which has about 40 volunteers, is temporarily closed, and the Brookville's fire calls are being handled by nearby departments.
The fires at four vacant buildings since October did not injure anyone. Authorities said they were searching for a motive.
Police Chief Ken Dworek said numerous witnesses, including other firefighters, began coming forward after the third fire in December.
According to criminal complaints, three of the accused men -- including the fire chief -- took one of the witnesses, a fellow firefighter, to a remote camp May 1.
The witness was "terrorized" into admitting he'd given information to police implicating the men, investigators said in the complaint.
The five men arrested Wednesday include: Fire Chief Jeffrey Scott Corbin, 36; Ryan Joseph Rishell, 24; Wade Joseph Northey; Dustin Ryan Buzard, 20; and Chad Eric Long, 20.
They were charged with arson, burglary, criminal mischief and reckless endangerment.
Buzard, Northey and Rishell are also charged with kidnapping, unlawful restraint and terroristic threats.
A woman who identified herself as Northey's mother declined comment when reached by phone.
Messages were not returned Thursday from the homes of the four other men or the fire department.

JetBoatRich
05-16-2003, 06:18 AM
Well that is just all bad :mad:

hoolign
05-16-2003, 08:17 AM
That's shitty,Takes all kinds of assholes to make this world spin,now it's up to the good guys to make the name good again.

Sleek-Jet
05-16-2003, 09:17 AM
Remeber the fire that was burning twords Denver and the Front Range last summer???
Well, it was set by a Forest Service employee who was either 1.) distraught over the letter from her boyfriend/husband and burned it, but it got away from her, or 2.) (and most likley the truth) set the fire so she could quickly put it out and then be the big hero. :mad: .
I think it when it was done it had burned over a million acres and destroyed countless homes and property.