PDA

View Full Version : Help.............whats

fat rat
06-27-2003, 06:44 PM
The wife got an invite to a barb-q downtown tomorow....the invitation says casual. My question is whats concidered casual now a days? I know for me it's shorts and a T. I've heard different from some friends. Whats your opinion? :confused:

Phat_Kat
06-27-2003, 06:48 PM
fat rat:
The wife got an invite to a barb-q downtown tomorow....the invitation says casual. My question is whats concidered casual now a days? I know for me it's shorts and a T. I've heard different from some friends. Whats your opinion? :confused: No shirt no shoes :D
Try a hawiian shirt if you like'em and maybe some blue jeans. I don't know much about this stuff cause I almost never wear a shirt and I throw shorts on that go almost to my ankles and say "they look like pants." But MissPK always shoves me a hawiian Shirt with a similar plain underneath and some black pants(I look good in black).
Just my 2 bits

uvindex
06-27-2003, 06:49 PM
I think it partly depends on where you live. At the beach or in Havasu, t-shirt and shorts are fine for casual. Your signature says DC, however. My input is that a casual BBQ in DC would be same as you'd wear on a nice golf course -- collared shirt and decent shorts. But hey, I'm no Martha Stewart! :)
Have fun.

Tom Brown
06-27-2003, 06:54 PM
Here's my opinion:
If it's a public event, casual means anything in which you won't get arrested.
If it's a private group of some sophistication, such as a professional association, casual would probably mean a shirt with a collar (golf shirt, etc.) and a pair of non-denim pants (dockers, etc.).
It varies with the group. I'm in a club in which casual means dress pants and a dress shirt, semi-formal means a suit (2 piece is OK, though), and formal means a tuxedo.
It's all about the group.
-- Tom

Tom Brown
06-27-2003, 07:01 PM
Fat rat, you may find this helpful...
If you spill some wine on your shirt, you can moisten a napkin with club soda and blot the garment to prevent staining. Don't forget to rinse thoroughly when you get home.
[ June 27, 2003, 08:02 PM: Message edited by: Tom Brown ]

HOSS
06-27-2003, 07:12 PM
And make sure you wipe your butt!

Moneypitt
06-27-2003, 10:30 PM
Casual: Boots and boot cut jeans, Dressed up: Boots and boot cut jeans. If you are a smoker wear a shirt with a pocket, a T shirt with a pocket is Ok, as long as it a T shirt with a statement about who you are, what you like, or where you're coming from.....My 2 cents...Moneypitt

RiverToysJas
06-27-2003, 10:33 PM
Pasties and Thong for your wife, Chaps and a cowboy hat for you. That's casual!!!
RTJas :D

fat rat
06-28-2003, 03:24 AM
Thanks for all the advice........I'll let you know how it goes. It's suppose to be a really nice day.........I'd rather be on the river.

Eric455
06-28-2003, 07:17 AM
RiverToysJas:
Pasties and Thong for your wife, Chaps and a cowboy hat for you. That's casual!!!
RTJas :D now thats what i'm talking about. have you ever tought about becoming like THE mayor of la. or something?lol make the city worth while.
eric

JetBoatRich
06-28-2003, 07:21 AM
Causual doesn't that mean no underwear

Havasu Hangin'
06-28-2003, 07:25 AM
Cowboy boots, dolphin shorts and a mesh half-shirt!

LUVNLIFE
06-28-2003, 08:05 AM
Chaps witha thong and mesh shirt.

RiverToysJas
06-28-2003, 08:48 AM
Havasu Hangin':
Cowboy boots, dolphin shorts and a mesh half-shirt! LMAO! I totally got the visual on that one big guy!!! :D
RTJas :D

THOR
06-28-2003, 08:52 AM
RiverToysJas:
RTJas :D That is ass-less chaps big kid.