PDA

View Full Version : Going to war without France...

Froggystyle
02-15-2003, 07:33 PM
Is like going deer hunting without an accordion...
-Donald Rumsfeld, Feb 14, 2003
Possibly the greatest quote of the year in my book.

Hotcrusader76
02-15-2003, 07:36 PM
I was never fond of the french.
[ February 15, 2003, 07:37 PM: Message edited by: Hotcrusader76 ]

HammerDown
02-15-2003, 07:43 PM
F the french burningm

Kurtis500
02-15-2003, 07:58 PM
Froggystyle:
Possibly the greatest quote of the year in my book. YES!! That is the greatest thing I have heard in a long time.

Mandelon
02-15-2003, 08:12 PM
Exsqueeze me, but what were they going to do for us anyway??..... COOK????

Seadog
02-15-2003, 08:18 PM
I heard some gal on tv say that we needed to work with the french because they were our alies in our war for independence. I have three thoughts on that. After WW I and WW II, the debt is paid. The support came from the aristocracy who had their heads chopped off by the french peasants. The french today are mired in fantasies about their past glory and are as bad as the chinese about trade laws that give government support in-house and screws other nations.

Sangster
02-15-2003, 08:32 PM
Seadog:
I heard some gal on tv say that we needed to work with the french because they were our alies in our war for independence. I have three thoughts on that. After WW I and WW II, the debt is paid. The support came from the aristocracy who had their heads chopped off by the french peasants. The french today are mired in fantasies about their past glory and are as bad as the chinese about trade laws that give government support in-house and screws other nations. Wee-Wee wink

skeepwerkzaz
02-15-2003, 09:03 PM
Bonjour, bonjouuurrrrrreeee you cheese eatin' surrender monkeys!

Froggystyle
02-15-2003, 09:51 PM
Skeepwerkzaz, here you go....
Bonjour (http://www.slonet.org/~rloomis/simp63.wav)

sandblasted
02-15-2003, 10:43 PM
Froggystyle:
Possibly the greatest quote of the year in my book. Gotta agree with you...
However, this may be one time you might regret the moniker "Froggystyle" as "frogs" is the term of derision the British use to refer to the French...Gotta love them Brits!
Screw the French!

Starloans
02-15-2003, 10:57 PM
:mad:
Ya know, I recall when I was active duty in the Navy in the 80s and we were blasting Libya. The French wouldn't let our aircraft fly over there airspace from European bases. As I recall the French Embassy in Libya "accidently" got bombed. Huh, like Sam Kennison used to say "must have been those extra 6800 air miles they had to fly. The pilots were tired.
Anyone know where the French Embassy is located in Bagdad?

Moomawnster
02-15-2003, 11:32 PM
Starloans:
Ya know, I recall when I was active duty in the Navy in the 80s and we were blasting Libya. The French wouldn't let our aircraft fly over there airspace from European bases. As I recall the French Embassy in Libya "accidently" got bombed. Huh, like Sam Kennison used to say "must have been those extra 6800 air miles they had to fly. The pilots were tired.
Anyone know where the French Embassy is located in Bagdad? Careful with that open can ! those Whoop Ass spills can be a bitch ..... eek!

Schiada76
02-16-2003, 04:12 AM
Is it Franghanistan or southern Germany?
I give up.

Banshee
02-16-2003, 07:22 AM
Mandelon:
Exsqueeze me, but what were they going to do for us anyway??..... COOK???? Well the did invent the blowjob!

Clown
02-16-2003, 07:34 AM
Froggy Style
I have that same strike video
But was not able to download it to the avatars.
How did you get yours to work?

Thunderbutt
02-16-2003, 11:36 AM
Ya what does the French have besides,Fries, the Kiss and dam Statue they gave us. Infact we should give it back to them, or at least take off the inscription.

Berryessa Billy-Bob
02-16-2003, 12:11 PM
Banshee:
Mandelon:
Exsqueeze me, but what were they going to do for us anyway??..... COOK???? Well the did invent the blowjob! That's cause they SUCKED in the First Place...
Banshee..We used to be nieghbors, Used to spend the Sprint Car Season for a few years in Bedford, Pa...Bobby Allen, Lynn Paxton & many others that used to run the local tracks out of Bobby Allen's shop..We were there during the floods back in 74'...Used to hang out At "Dawson's" it's probally gone now...Kept our car at Gary Martz' shop across the street....
[ February 16, 2003, 12:12 PM: Message edited by: Berryessa Billy-Bob ]

Bow Tie Omega
02-16-2003, 02:57 PM
What irritates me more than anything is the fact that France is playing us....or so they think. They are obviously staying with Iraq for financial reasons (business, oil). But as soon as war is immenent (very soon), they will shift and magically become our "allies" once again. I hope that we shut the door on that one and not let them be involved in the war in any way. Not having Iraq's oil will hurt France more then anything. That will be France's hard lesson learned for not sticking with us.

Sangster
02-16-2003, 04:03 PM
I heard the other day that France has ties to Iraq that they don't want anyone else to know about...Regarding Weapons,Nuclear Technology, Illegal trade deals, $$$....ect...ect..

Seadog
02-16-2003, 04:39 PM
Guess who is a primary supplier of oil to France. Guess who is a major buyer of German bunker and manufacturing technology. They talk about our 'motives' in going to war. Guess who has motive to keep Hussein in power.

Dribble
02-16-2003, 04:43 PM
If the French had any nads they wouldn't have given up the country to the Nazis so easily. The British endured weeks of nightly bombing and never surrendered.

Starloans
02-16-2003, 07:30 PM
Wait, wait, wait.
I have more. This is based on memory but, in 1987 when the USS Stark FFG-31 was hit with a missle, "by accident" from a Iraqi Mirage F1. It was, I believe a French made Exocet missle if, of course, I'm not mistaken. 37 sailors lost their lives. The ship I was on, USS Klakring FFG-42, officially relieved the Stark once the hole was patched in the side and she was able to sail. So do you think France and Iraq are still doing business?
web page (http://eightiesclub.tripod.com/id280.htm)

beer hunter
02-16-2003, 08:47 PM
Dribble:
If the French had any nads they wouldn't have given up the country to the Nazis so easily. The British endured weeks of nightly bombing and never surrendered. No Shit. :mad: They rolled out the f*ckin red carpet for them.Spineless bastards burningm

fat rat
02-17-2003, 06:27 AM
The french have an important role to play with this invasion........they need to show the Iraqi's how to surrender. :D
I was stationed in sunny Spain during the raid on Lybia, working KC-135's(flying gas station). We tried to bring our F-111's down from England, which should have been a direct flight but the french would not give us air space and Spain would not allow us to launch from there country. We had to fly our Tanks up to England and start our mission there. The crews had one hell of a night from England back to England. We know who has are "Back" and who we can count on. wink

Seadog
02-17-2003, 06:30 AM
The news this morning was that NATO finally agreed to support Turkey against Iraq. They booted France out the meeting and then Belgium and Germany agreed. How bad has Germany sunk when they play follow the leader with France? burningm

Liberator TJ1984
02-17-2003, 06:57 AM
What's with their hairy ass Women also... admit some are fine wink butt the majority look like doubles for Planet of the Apes Cast eek!

MJ19
02-17-2003, 07:03 AM
Froggystyle:
Possibly the greatest quote of the year in my book. Are you telling me you don't take your accordion with you hunting? :confused: How the heck are you supposed to do a pollka dance when you make your kill? :D

Liberator TJ1984
02-17-2003, 07:31 AM
fat rat:
The french have an important role to play with this invasion........they need to show the Iraqi's how to surrender. :D
I was stationed in sunny Spain during the raid on Lybia, working KC-135's(flying gas station). We tried to bring our F-111's down from England, which should have been a direct flight but the french would not give us air space and Spain would not allow us to launch from there country. We had to fly our Tanks up to England and start our mission there. The crews had one hell of a night from England back to England. We know who has are "Back" and who we can count on. wink we should fly over anyways...keep them guessing on what is our payload is...shoot a plane down ??? are they Bombs,Chemicals,or Nukes ??? shoot one down and it crashes in France ..Oh Well too bad if it blows the to hell too...

Nokomis
02-17-2003, 12:17 PM
Here's the latest copy of the official magazine of the French Military.
wink
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Forum_Graphic_Depot/french_army.JPG

fat rat
02-17-2003, 07:56 PM
fat rat:
I was stationed in sunny Spain during the raid on Lybia, working KC-135's(flying gas station). We tried to bring our F-111's down from England, which should have been a direct flight but the french would not give us air space and Spain would not allow us to launch from there country. We had to fly our Tanks up to England and start our mission there. The crews had one hell of a night from England back to England. We know who has are "Back" and who we can count on. wink Oh ya.....they bithched and moaned about a wounded 111 that had declared an inflight emergency due to battle damage and had to land in Seville. frown

spectratoad
02-18-2003, 09:44 AM
Hey StarLoans, I was on FFG-48 USS Vandegrift. That Stark incident caused a whole new operating procedure when we were in the Gulf. Everyone's guard was elevated because of those missiles. I hope the French enjoyed the money they got from those sales. I think we should base the UN over in Franch and they could all practice surrendering and waiting to see what happens next together.

Havasu Cig
02-18-2003, 11:26 AM
I was with the 1st Cav during the Gulf war, and they did not do shit there. The only non-Americans who did anything were the British and they were even attached to American units, the rest were just a token. Before the ground war started all of the other coalition forces moved behind the American forces and followed us in.
We don't need the french...they can go F@#k themselves. I won't buy anything that is made in France!!