PDA

View Full Version : I gotta vent!

superdave013
02-19-2003, 10:19 AM
I bet you think I'm gonna bitch about something don't ya. NOT
I had to whip up some vents that match my gas fill bezels.
http://216.55.144.225/image_center/data/500/9vent_plate.jpg
These are covering up the big holes left from those old style clam shell vents. They are right by the front seats and will never have handles mounted to them.
http://216.55.144.225/image_center/data/500/9vent_plate1-med.jpg
They are right next to the gas fills. I think they will match pretty good. What do you guys think?
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Gearhead_Garage/Other_Equipment/gas_cap_bezels2.JPG

HavasuDreamin'
02-19-2003, 10:23 AM
How was your trip to puddlestone? Get above 10mph?
Nice Vents! smile_sp

Jordy
02-19-2003, 10:23 AM
Damn SD, those look great. When's this thing going to see some wet stuff? :D

superdave013
02-19-2003, 10:26 AM
HavasuDreamin':
How was your trip to puddlestone? Get above 10mph?
Nice Vents! smile_sp It went real good. I'll do a full report in a few.
Jordy, as soon as it's done it'll get wet!

superV
02-19-2003, 10:42 AM
Looks kick ass SD You will be very proud at the sandbar :D " Ya I made all that by hand" :D

DogHouse
02-19-2003, 11:38 AM
A man and his endmill...
Nice work, good to see some original old world craftsmanship going on!
-brian

superV
02-19-2003, 11:55 AM
RiverDave:
Dave, Great job as always! What's the backside look like? Is it flat?
RD Kinda fat and hairy with a big zit!LOL :D

Hotcrusader76
02-19-2003, 11:56 AM
Nice work SuperDave. It's real nice to see someone who desires to be something other than a 'splash' off idea. I look forward to seeing your boat.
As soon as I get my tooling skills down I'll have to pick your brain a little over some cold ones on this expertise of machineing you possess. Hope you're up to it? wink

superdave013
02-19-2003, 12:04 PM
RiverDave:
Dave, Great job as always! What's the backside look like? Is it flat?
RD It's flat. lol you would crack up at the jig I made to cut those radius. I'll snap a pic of it when I get home as it's still set up.
SV, not quite made by hand but no CNC used on any of my stuff so far!

superdave013
02-19-2003, 12:09 PM
Hotcrusader76:
Nice work SuperDave. It's real nice to see someone who desires to be something other than a 'splash' off idea. I look forward to seeing your boat.
As soon as I get my tooling skills down I'll have to pick your brain a little over some cold ones on this expertise of machineing you possess. Hope you're up to it? wink Hey now, I didn't think you talked shop while drinking. :cool: lol
Anytime, anytime
Just keep in mind that I'm just a self taught guy. Some of these pros can give the real good advice.
All I can say is just try it. The longer you do it the less you scrap stuff. I've junked a few cutters and had to toss some parts trust me.

hack job
02-19-2003, 12:14 PM
hey dave we made soem of those too but they are not a radius coner like yours i bet that took some time. wink
i still want some of those gas caps. wink

superdave013
02-19-2003, 12:27 PM
hack job:
hey dave we made soem of those too but they are not a radius coner like yours i bet that took some time. wink
i still want some of those gas caps. wink Not really to bad. My rotary / indexing head has an 8" chuck on it. I made a jig that I can cuck up and bolt the vent to. Then bingo, the radiuses were a snap.
Do you have a rotary table yet? I made those gas fill bezels on one.
If you really want me to make you some I'll do it. I'll give you a good deal on them but can't do it for free.
I have one other guy that wants some and I'll do all 4 of them at the same time.
[ February 19, 2003, 12:29 PM: Message edited by: superdave013 ]

Big Proppa
02-19-2003, 06:44 PM
wow those really do look great SD

hack job
02-19-2003, 07:43 PM
superdave013:
hack job:
i still want some of those gas caps. wink Not really to bad. My rotary / indexing head has an 8" chuck on it. I made a jig that I can cuck up and bolt the vent to. Then bingo, the radiuses were a snap.
Do you have a rotary table yet? I made those gas fill bezels on one.
If you really want me to make you some I'll do it. I'll give you a good deal on them but can't do it for free.
I have one other guy that wants some and I'll do all 4 of them at the same time. yes we have a rotary table it works pretty well.i didnt think about doing it that way i would assume that once you have the jig. it gets a lot easier , it still no joy i bet. wink