PDA

View Full Version : profile of a soldier

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
09-24-2003, 06:31 AM
The attached gives a good profile of who's actually standing watch on the ramparts, while here at home we appear to have returned to the mindset we were enjoying on September 10th, 2001... Should a man marry a man? Should we give driver's licenses to illegal aliens? Should Gray Davis remain in office? Do 'hanging chads' make a difference? Can three left-wing San Francisco judges in the most overturned Federal Court of Appeals in America hijack the will of the people? What, precisely, is the exact location of Madonna's tongue on which performer's body tonight?
The soldiers you will see here possess a combination of elements that a strong collection of interests in America seems intent on breeding out of our young: character, devotion to country, self-effacement, altruism, willingness to accept responsibility, willingness to risk their lives in the line of duty... the list is long, and under constant attack.
Pass this along if you think it worth sharing.
The average age of the military man is 19 years. He is a short haired, tight-muscled kid who, under normal circumstances is considered by society as half man, half boy. Not yet dry behind the ears, not old enough to buy a beer, but old enough to die for his country. He never really cared much for work and he would rather wax his own car than wash his father's; but he has never collected unemployment either.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/523SOLDIER1-med.bmp
He's a recent High School graduate; he was probably an average student, pursued some form of sport activities, drives a ten year old jalopy, and has a steady girlfriend that either broke up with him when he left, or swears to be waiting when he returns from half a world away. He listens to rock and roll or hip-hop or rap or jazz or swing and 155mm howizzitor. He is 10 or 15 pounds lighter now than when he was at home because he is working or fighting from before dawn to well after dusk.
He has trouble spelling, thus letter writing is a pain for him, but he can field strip a rifle in 30 seconds and reassemble it in less time in the dark. He can recite to you the nomenclature of a machine gun or grenade launcher and use either one effectively if he must. He digs foxholes and latrines and can apply first aid like a professional. He can march until he is told to stop or stop until he is told to march.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/523SOLDIER2-med.bmp
He obeys orders instantly and without hesitation, but he is not without spirit or individual dignity. He is self-sufficient. He has two sets of fatigues: he washes one and wears the other. He keeps his canteens full and his feet dry. He sometimes forgets to brush his teeth, but never to clean his rifle. He can cook his own meals, mend his own clothes, and fix his own hurts. If you're thirsty, he'll share his water with you; if you are hungry, his food. He'll even split his ammunition with you in the midst of battle when you run low.
He has learned to use his hands like weapons and weapons like they were his hands. He can save your life - or take it, because that is his job. He will often do twice the work of a civilian, draw half the pay and still find ironic humor in it all. He has seen more suffering and death then he should have in his short lifetime.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/523SOLDIER3-med.bmp
He has stood atop mountains of dead bodies, and helped to create them. He has wept in public and in private, for friends who have fallen in combat and is unashamed. He feels every note of the National Anthem vibrate through his body while at rigid attention, while tempering the burning desire to 'square-away' those around him who haven't bothered to stand, remove their hat, or even stop talking. In an odd twist, day in and day out, far from home, he defends their right to be disrespectful.
Just as did his Father, Grandfather, and Great-grandfather, he is paying the price for our freedom. Beardless or not, he is not a boy. He is the American Fighting Man that has kept this country free for over 200 years.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/523SOLDIER4-med.bmp
He has asked nothing in return, except our friendship and understanding. Remember him, always, for he has earned our respect and admiration with his blood. And now we even have woman over there in danger, doing their part in this tradition of going to War when our nation calls us to do so. As you go to bed tonight, remember this shot.. A short lull, a little shade and a picture of loved ones in their helmets.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/523SOLDIER5-med.bmp
Prayer wheel for our military... please don't break it. Please send this on after a short prayer.
Prayer Wheel
"Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. Amen."
Prayer : When you receive this, please stop for a moment and say a prayer for our ground troops in Afghanistan, sailors on ships, and airmen in the air, and for those in Iraq. There is nothing attached.... This can be very powerful....... Of all the gifts you could give a US Soldier, Sailor, Coastguardsman, Marine or Airman, prayer is the very best one.

MagicMtnDan
09-24-2003, 06:59 AM
God bless our troops and their families. Many have paid the ultimate sacrifice so that the rest of us may live our lives in freedom.
We owe it to them to be good citizens. To ensure this country maintains the values that made this the greatest nation in the world. If we don't do our part and take care of this nation then our soldiers are risking their lives for less than a just cause.

betty boop
09-24-2003, 06:59 AM
i have to agree - military people really don't get the respect and honor they deserve - we owe alot to these men and women who fight for our country..

spectratoad
09-24-2003, 07:13 AM
I wear the same uniform but can't hold a candle to the guys and girls over there now. God Bless them and bring them home safe.

little rowe boat
09-24-2003, 07:23 AM
They are all HEROES, GOD BLESS each and everyone of them and their families.

1stepcloser
09-24-2003, 07:40 AM
OBJ, thats awesome. I will send that on.

Dave C
09-24-2003, 07:53 AM
Without our noble military throughout our 227 years, we would not have the freedom that we all enjoy. Without our freedom this country would not be what it is today. Its our freedom that provides opportunity and its that opportunity that allows us all to prosper.
Just look to other 3rd world countries around the world, some you can't own property, your are forbidden to own your own business or work where you choose, and overt discrimination and subjucation against entire classes of people. Those countries are devoid of opportunity.
In this country, its the opportunity that is provided by our freedom that makes our country great!
Therefore don't take your freedom for granted.

azsyndicate
09-24-2003, 09:02 AM
Right on man!
My kid brother is in Baghdad storming houses looking for the bad guys that are hurting our heros. He just turned 20 on the 15th of September and I couldn't be any prouder of the kid.
I got only two pics to share..
Getting ready to ship....
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/124JK_fatigues-med.jpg
and
Packing the night before:
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/124JK-med.jpg

09-24-2003, 09:25 AM
These are the real heros. Remember them always but almost as important remember those who are trying to take our freedom away from us.

BUSTI
09-24-2003, 10:41 AM
Of all the human qualities that exist, personal courage is the rarest! Almost all of us have the the qualities of good humor, generousity, hospitality and such, but very few of us really have personal courage. And even more rare is the circumstances that allow us to demonstrate personal courage.
This country over the last 200 years has produced more men and women of personal courage than other society on the planet!!!!! The greatest personal courage of all is not that of personal defense or personal gain, but that of a man or a woman that jeopardizes his life and liberty for the sake of innocennt people when he or she doesn't have to. America has sent its young to free the oppressed of the world more times than any other country, with more soldiers than any other society.
These young people in Iraq are owed a debt of gratitude by every person on the globe. As They fight and die there they send a message to every enemy of freedom, especially the Islamo-terrosits that Americas soldiers are willing to exhibit the greatest and rarest form of personal courage there is! That is they are willing to go and fight any where in the world and to die in the defense of the innocent people that these fu&#ing Islamic pieces of shit would try to oppress.
God bless these couragous men and woman in Iraq and Afganistan!!! They have my thanks and gratitude. Americans like this are the greatest force of good in the world that there is today. More than any religion, any politician or other country!

Dave C
09-24-2003, 02:52 PM
2 worlds that should scare those islamo-facists...... 100% "volunteer-army"

sam pioske
09-24-2003, 04:10 PM
I was one . Now i pray for the new ones God bles!!!!!

sam pioske
09-24-2003, 04:11 PM
I was one . Now i pray for the new ones. God bless !!

Banshee
09-24-2003, 06:52 PM
I cannot express in words my sincere thanks to our military men and women.
God Bless
[ September 24, 2003, 07:53 PM: Message edited by: Banshee ]

syke-o
09-24-2003, 07:24 PM
great post!!!