PDA

View Full Version : Andrea Yates again....

Her454
03-20-2006, 12:20 PM
"Doctors monitored her reaction to the news" WHY? Let the stupid biatch kill herself and save taxpayers the cost of a retrial. Just to hear she is insane! We already KNOW that, the insane BITCH killed all of her kids.
And another thing.........Could you get married in the same church where they held the funeral of all of your children after something like this? Call me the weird one but I couldn't do it..............
HOUSTON -- A judge in Houston is delaying the Andrea Yates murder retrial until June.
It's because of witness problems cited by her defense attorney.
Jury selection had been scheduled to begin Monday in Yates' second trial for the bathtub drownings of her children in 2001.
She'd been convicted of capital murder in those deaths before and sentenced to life in prison, but a state appeals court overturned the verdict after finding a prosecution expert had testified falsely. She has admitted to drowning the children.
Yates is again pleading not guilty by reason of insanity.
Her attorney has argued that she shouldn't be retried. George Parnham argued that she'd face double jeopardy, but a judge rejected that.
Rusty Yates divorced Andrea Yates in March 2005, three years after she was sentenced to life in prison. He remarried over the weekend.
Her lawyer said doctors monitored Yates' reaction to that news. Parnham said doctors "took the proper measures."
Rusty Yates divorced Andrea in March 2005, three years after she was sentenced to life in prison.
But Rusty married less than two days before his former wife was to be retried.
Yates married 41-year-old Laura Arnold, Saturday afternoon. The private 30-minute ceremony was held at Clear Lake Church of Christ, where the couple met. About 100 people attended.
It was also the same church where the funeral was held for his five children in 2001.
Preaching Minister Byron Fike took no questions but said in a prepared statement that Yates has chosen to move on with his life -- instead of pitying himself or seeking revenge on people who may have wronged him.

HCS
03-20-2006, 12:26 PM
I personally don't understand what chemical imbalance makes people like her flip out.
I don't feel for her at all but it's sad. Everyone lost.

Biglue
03-20-2006, 12:34 PM
Very sad situation. I dont feel bad for her one bit either. I'm kind of surprised the minister would actually perform the marriage ceremony there as well.