PDA

View Full Version : Special Notice:

Blown 472
06-27-2003, 05:01 AM
From now on please direct all technical questions to the 20 something crowd, as they have gleened all the info that could ever be shared here in the few shorts years prior to leaving high school.
Here are some examples:
Carb question, dude take it to dne as the have "tricked out" my carbs, please define "tricked out".
Engine questions, dude just take it to dne as nobody else knows shit and this dude rocks.
Pump questions, dude take to mpd, I hang out there all time and I know EVERYTHING about pumps and how they work.
You see the years of experience from other people on this board just dont mean shit, even if you have helped, wrenched, built, raced anything it dont matter.
To end the confusion please use these resources as they are the "SHIT".

wntitall
06-27-2003, 05:44 AM
:D :D :D :D

Liberator TJ1984
06-27-2003, 05:48 AM
I belive "tricked out " is when you cover 'em with all that Bling Bling shiney shit...
adds about 400cfm and 100HP :rolleyes:

v-drive
06-27-2003, 05:55 AM
That sounds like 2 of my sons. It's amazing that I have over 30 years of tooling experiance and I don't know shit. It reminds me of that sign that reads."Hire teenagers now while they still know everything" Yep that's what we need to do.
V-drive

91nordic29
06-27-2003, 06:44 AM
blown, i read that thread yesterday between you and that "whiiper snapper" and i couldnt believe the arrogance. what a trip! boxed yuk

HOSS
06-27-2003, 06:48 AM
Dude, kiss my dick!

wntitall
06-27-2003, 06:55 AM
Blown,
remember the following?
1.) Bill "Da GRump" Jenkins cars known as grumpy's toy?
2.) Jungle jim
3. sox & martin
4.) smokey yunick
etc... etc....
I can smell the race gas already!!!!!!! devil devil
[ June 27, 2003, 07:56 AM: Message edited by: wntitall ]

Blown 472
06-27-2003, 06:59 AM
Got to love jungle, testing his fuel car in the street in front of his house.

Tom Foolery
06-27-2003, 07:42 AM
http://i.imdb.com/Photos/Mptv/1093/1267-5.jpg
:rolleyes:

Jordy
06-27-2003, 07:46 AM
Just out of curiousity, how many of these stupid ****ing pointless threads need to be started? There are several over here, and a couple more in the Just Jets section? Much like the Chet/HB days nothing gets solved and the same thing is said over and over. Who ****ing cares?
Corky says:
http://www.orbit3d.com/bbs/arguingretard.bmp
:D :D :D

Blown 472
06-27-2003, 07:58 AM
I am trying to out do the op6 threads. :D :D :D

Floored
06-27-2003, 08:08 AM
i like your a100 pickups. I've got an A90 van with bbc,t400 fits 17.5x31's and 11" driveshaft.I even went to jr high with Kohler bros son and Shores& Hess's daughter. In my day we could build a combo and know within 1 or 2 tenths what it would run in the quarter. We had to scrounge wrecking yards and swap meets to find parts and fabricate others. :( Now you just pickup a catalog and order parts and do a quick check on desktop dyno and your down the road with HP figures we didn't even dream of 20 yrs ago. :cool: But i've learned in my old age that some people can build and tune cars and boats but some people have learned to make money, enough to pay for what we do. As long as they have a true love for the sport then I am happy :) Its supposed to be all about the FUN :p

Posey
06-27-2003, 08:10 AM
It seems like there's a lot of people without shit to do. :rolleyes:

Windy
06-27-2003, 09:10 AM
jordanpaulk:
Just out of curiousity, how many of these stupid ****ing pointless threads need to be started? There are several over here, and a couple more in the Just Jets section? Much like the Chet/HB days nothing gets solved and the same thing is said over and over. Who ****ing cares?
Corky says:
:D :D :D :D :D :D

carreraelite
06-27-2003, 09:17 AM
Much like the Chet/HB days nothing gets solved and the same thing is said over and over. Who ****ing cares?
That's why these are known as the "Drama Boat" Forums!!
:D

jlnorthrup122
06-27-2003, 08:01 PM
Hey I'm goin to the museum tomorrow So maybe I will understand you oldies on the LEVEL. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
I hate to disrespect the oldschool but Jordy beat me to the good shit!

Hotcrusader76
06-27-2003, 09:04 PM
MissHBjet:
jordanpaulk:
Corky says:
:D :D :D :D :D

HCS
06-27-2003, 09:11 PM
Hey! Now wait a minute, I'm a parts guy.
Just don't want to be left out. :rolleyes:

DogHouse
06-27-2003, 09:53 PM
Let's see if I have this straight... Jump all over someone's shit as being a bunch of newage SoCal cheerleading when all the guys were doing in the first place was sharing their recent successes with the board. You tell them they can't possibly be correct or know anything because they didn't build their shit in a shed with bailing wire and duct tape and that their dyno numbers are worthless. Then the only way to really prove HP is by timeslips, but for some reason 92 mph GPS readings with minimal setup time don't seem to mean anything. When it becomes clear that you're not winning them over to your way of thinking, you start threads like this whining about how nobody listens to the old guys who have "been there" and done it for themselves. Well it's no ****ing wonder they don't listen when all they're getting is criticism! Yeah, they are happy with the work that DNE and MPD have done, good for them. Nobody ever said that they're the only shops that do good work. I think Blown & Omega should bring their boats out and line up with Hbjet & Cyclone. When the whoopass is done maybe the whining will stop...

Cs19
06-27-2003, 11:26 PM
That would be awesome if one of the three pests would show up somewhere after all the sh*t they talked to have some coldies and hang out.I bet they never show up though.

clownpuncher
06-28-2003, 04:03 PM
No way am I gonna get in the middle of all this stuff but I gotta say just a few things. I'm new to the boards and very new to jets for that matter. Hell, I don't know S&*T about engines, HP hull designs or any of that good stuff. I'm sure I can learn a ton from each guy, even though they each have different philosophies on teh subjects of HP, torque etc. All I know is I like to have fun on the water, and I'd bet a paycheck that ALL these other fellas are the same way. As an outsider looking in it seems that all of them have good points and without a doubt they all forgot more than I'll ever learn. Talking about a line-up on the river? I would bet another paycheck that if all involved would show up and drink beer and go for a few passes that they'd all have fun and maybe even shake a few hands. I've never met a single person from the boards, but I gaurantee I can have fun with each one of these guys (not in a gay sense :D ).
Hell I'd even buy all the beer just to see some good runs and happy people. What d'ya say? Meet at the river? Drink FREE beer and make ammends? Just a thought but I'm totally serious.
[ June 28, 2003, 05:04 PM: Message edited by: clownpuncher ]

Cs19
06-28-2003, 06:39 PM
How bout 4th of july weekend in the blythe/parker area?

Jrocket
06-28-2003, 06:44 PM
DogHouse:
Let's see if I have this straight... Jump all over someone's shit as being a bunch of newage SoCal cheerleading when all the guys were doing in the first place was sharing their recent successes with the board. You tell them they can't possibly be correct or know anything because they didn't build their shit in a shed with bailing wire and duct tape and that their dyno numbers are worthless. Then the only way to really prove HP is by timeslips, but for some reason 92 mph GPS readings with minimal setup time don't seem to mean anything. When it becomes clear that you're not winning them over to your way of thinking, you start threads like this whining about how nobody listens to the old guys who have "been there" and done it for themselves. Well it's no ****ing wonder they don't listen when all they're getting is criticism! Yeah, they are happy with the work that DNE and MPD have done, good for them. Nobody ever said that they're the only shops that do good work. I think Blown & Omega should bring their boats out and line up with Hbjet & Cyclone. When the whoopass is done maybe the whining will stop...
:D Very nice Dog!!!!!! :D

Phat_Kat
06-28-2003, 06:47 PM
I'm one of the young bucks on the board and I don't claim to be a master mechanic. I still refer to things as "this little guy over here" and "the big bitch over here." The only thing that I DO claim to is a lot of experience behind the wheel of boats and other high performance vehicles. I've driven almost the entire skater line and most of the cats in production today. I've driven more models of boats then I can even recall. But that's all I claim to. Just a lot of experience behind the wheel. I'm sure many of you have got me beat on the time you've been driving boats but I've practiced more "extreme" manuvers in boats and that's the only reason I feel that I can speak up about boat performance. I respect the shit out of my elders as long as they respect me back. I'm just the quiet kid from burbank that loves to go fast.

mbrown2
06-28-2003, 06:59 PM
I think threads like these and the ones that started threads like these take the forums down a notch and are one of the reasons people tire from ***boat, kind of sad...Can't we just get along, or at least remember a couple of things:
1. Respect, treat others how you want to be treated.
2. Agree to disagree, try not to control the the things you can't
3. STFU...its only the internet
:)
[ June 28, 2003, 08:32 PM: Message edited by: mbrown2 ]

Havasu Hangin'
06-28-2003, 07:30 PM
Well...I'm probably the least knowledgable person on the boards...
I don't own a boat, but I do own a computer. I've never really ridden in a boat (unless you count the time that my parents rented those Sea-Doos for a couple hours). I do like water, though, and I did see "The Fast and the Furious"...so I can answer any tech questions (my post count needs the help).
http://www.orbit3d.com/bbs/ff1.jpg
I once saw a friend hook up his stereo in his Nova, so I'll be able to answer any stereo questions you may have (once again, it'll help my post count).
http://www.orbit3d.com/bbs/valve%20springs.jpg
I just like hanging out here cuz you all are some funny mo-fos. I try not to post anything that I wouldn't say to someone in person...if you guys are doin' the same...
...you must be some popular mo-fos. http://www.highperformancecars.com/hhangin/punchself.gif
Either that, or..
http://www.highperformancecars.com/hhangin/webthug.jpg

DogHouse
06-28-2003, 08:52 PM
Dat pretty funny! :D

wrightnow
06-28-2003, 08:56 PM
Blown 472:
From now on please direct all technical questions to the 20 something crowd, as they have gleened all the info that could ever be shared here in the few shorts years prior to leaving high school.
Here are some examples:
Carb question, dude take it to dne as the have "tricked out" my carbs, please define "tricked out".
Engine questions, dude just take it to dne as nobody else knows shit and this dude rocks.
Pump questions, dude take to mpd, I hang out there all time and I know EVERYTHING about pumps and how they work.
You see the years of experience from other people on this board just dont mean shit, even if you have helped, wrenched, built, raced anything it dont matter.
To end the confusion please use these resources as they are the "SHIT". Thank you, It's about time you came around to so-cal thinking. MPD & DNE thank you also..