01RENEGADE
03-16-2003, 04:15 PM
Wakeboard or Ski who does what?

HCS
03-16-2003, 04:28 PM
:rolleyes:

NashvilleBound
03-16-2003, 04:51 PM
I ski hard....ah, aggressive. I tried wakeboarding last year and did the biggest, hardest faceplant you could imagine. Guess I leaned too far forward. I'll stick to sking. Just got a new 03 Connelly FX from Josh at Gotriver.com Great price .... can't wait to try it! Thanks Josh! We do extreme tubing too... high speed, cartwheels, flips, injuries...then we judge each other. Always a good time :rolleyes:

LeE ss13
03-16-2003, 04:55 PM
It's kinda like our snow counter parts. Junior (11 years old) and his friends wake board, mom and dad water ski.

MJ19
03-16-2003, 05:04 PM
If it's behind the boat and I don't already do it, I'll give it a whirl :D
My agressive days sort of lightened up after a few good crashes (the face plant into 'waves' at Arrowhead was a hurter for sure) and after kicking all the guys butt on a kneeboarding bet (But, spending the next two weeks unable to straighten my arms) I stopped showing off. :cool:

beyondhelpin
03-16-2003, 06:12 PM
I do both but I like skiing more. Probably because I am better at it.

Mandelon
03-16-2003, 06:15 PM
Used to to ski, but boarding is so much for fun. Just like in the snow...... smile_sp
I still a couple of skis for those old farts who haven't yet made the switch... :D :D
I know...here it comes... argue :cool:
[ March 16, 2003, 06:16 PM: Message edited by: Mandelon ]

01RENEGADE
03-16-2003, 06:43 PM
Ok I wakeboard looking at new Hyperlite board right now, but for some reason I am thinking of going to skiing, it looks harder?

got river?
03-16-2003, 08:43 PM
Jeff...I was glad we could help out. Let me know how you like it!
Josh

bordsmnj
03-16-2003, 08:57 PM
i have a 137 wakeboard right now but i need to go faster.Waaaay faster. like super g fast.(stupid insurance companies won't let us sanction a snowboarding super g event). Blah blah blah anyway, anyone try one of those surfboard looking things that were at the boat show? or should i borrow a ski and get on with it-never tried yet.wouldn't think of doing it with two planks-no thanks.

MJ19
03-16-2003, 09:46 PM
Mandelon:
Used to to ski, but boarding is so much for fun. Just like in the snow...... I grew up on skies. I had a friend that was big into snowboarding, had the top of the line gear etc. I borrowed her board, all the guys were checking out my board, making comments about how good I must be, etc...this was like 10 or so years ago...thought I was sooo cool :cool: I had this cute ski instructor that was giving me a free lesson...I was going backwards down the hill and he was holding my hands...well after I convinced him I was naturally athletic, he let go and I was on my own...(this is back in the day when you wore packs boots and your feet did not come out of the bindings)...once he let go of my hands, I did the most beautiful flip, triple axle, and several backwards somersaults down the entire hill. :rolleyes: I thought I broke my wrists and bum, but came out with no broken bones. I immediately took the snowboard to the car and rented skies...that was the last time I tried it...or had a desire to spend the day on my arce. :D

Kilrtoy
03-16-2003, 09:47 PM
Watersports, I thought we were going to discuss the other watersports

rivercrazy
03-17-2003, 08:41 AM
Ski! Double boot high wraps. The only way to go! Wakeboarding hurts too much when you eat it and I'm just too old! :D

XLGPP
03-17-2003, 08:59 AM
What about sport drinking on the lake??? did someone forget to tell me thats not a water sport? :confused: