PDA

View Full Version : Situation 2

HCS
12-13-2002, 10:40 AM
I feel like kickin sand.
Ok my kids in preschool right, So I come home from work and the wifey says, we got a problem with school. I say ok what? She says our boy "Ryan" 3 years old mind you. Hit the teacher in the face and knock her glasses off. I said so.
She says, well the teacher hit him back, I said where? she says in the face. So I ask is he all right? she says yes. So I said "**** it".
So the teacher disgusted with her self goes home for the day. The next day the school suspends her pending a hearing and they want us to attend. I tell my wife "**** it" fire the bitch. Instead the teacher resigns. There for no hearing. The school has to report the incident to the Cal. state board of education because schools have a no strike policy. So the cal. state board of education will be contacting us.
Question is should I "**** it" like my boy says or press the issue? :rolleyes:
[ December 13, 2002, 10:49 AM: Message edited by: HARDCORE-SKI ]

78Eliminator
12-13-2002, 11:03 AM
Gosh. Well, she shouldn't have ever hit your kid. I don't care if he pulled a knife on her. BUT, he also shouldn't have hit her. If a 3 year old "intentionally" hit me in the face, and I was the teacher, I would ask that he be removed from the school. Why did you child think he had the right to punch someone? Is he aggressive? If he ISN'T, then maybe he was protecting himself from something the teacher was doing. If he IS, then you need to reevaluate your parenting, since a teacher shouldn't have to worry about a kid hitting her.
I am not judging you or your kid. I don't know you OR your kid. I am just giving you feedback and plans of action based on scenarios. I hope I helped.... :)

Her454
12-13-2002, 11:32 AM
i agree with 78 200%.

challengerjet
12-13-2002, 11:48 AM
hardcore, here's my $.02.
personally, i wouldn't press the issue. she has obviously put herself through hell over it, i mean she resigned. that's pretty hard core.
it's possible, that it was a reaction, one that you or i would probably have as well. granted, your son is 3yrs old and she is a teacher that is around that type of behavior daily. but remember when you were in school? if you acted up, you got smacked, i know i did. i spent many afternoons in Mr. Sipco's (elementary principal)office getting my ass whipped for something i did or pulled. as far as your son, i'm sure that his actions were either a reaction or just plain anger. i have a 2 yr old son, and let me tell you, this kid is all boy. he loves to wrestle and play rough but that has been brought on by me. if my son hit an adult, i honestly would expect him to be repremanded. hitting him back may or may not be the right response but i would trust that an adult in her position would punish accordingly.
you're the parent, you do what's right for you and yours. if it were me, i'd drop it and then i would pay close attention to my son and find out if it were an anger problem or just a bad day.
cjet

HCS
12-13-2002, 11:51 AM
Actually that was my first thought was I figured my kid deserved it. Kids can be little brats at times. I thought they would through him out of school. I was suprise the school had to make such a big issue out of it. I guess it's because she hit him in the head. She should have spanked his ass. They acted like the teacher was the problem so I figured fine get rid of her.
I figure it must be the sue happy people that cause the schools to jump through so many hoops.
Why does the Cal. board of education have to get involved? Sheeesh!
Bureaucracy. :p

DogHouse
12-13-2002, 11:53 AM
78, I would not draw too many conclusions regarding parenting practices/skills based on the limited information of a single incident. Kids go through lots of phases. 3 yr olds do all kinds of squirrely stuff including hitting, biting, screaming, and all sorts of other ways to throw a fit when they don't get what they want. It takes time for a parent to help the child learn the right behavior, certainly doesn't happen overnight. I'm not surprised at all that a 3 yr old hit a teacher and I also wouldn't immediately assume that the teacher was doing anything wrong up to that point to provoke the child. What happened next was wrong of course when the teacher lost control and hit the child in the head!
Hardcore-Ski, I don't know what to tell you regarding whether or not to push the issue, that's a personal decision as far as I can tell. Without being in your shoes I can't tell what I would think other than I'd be pissed if someone hit one of my kids. I would think that it wouldn't matter what you think at this point, doesn't the school district and legal system take over and determine what happens next?
-brian
[ December 13, 2002, 11:55 AM: Message edited by: DogHouse ]

HCS
12-13-2002, 12:01 PM
DogHouse:
78, I would not draw too many conclusions regarding parenting practices/skills based on the limited information of a single incident. Kids go through lots of phases. 3 yr olds do all kinds of squirrely stuff including hitting, biting, screaming, and all sorts of other ways to throw a fit when they don't get what they want. It takes time for a parent to help the child learn the right behavior, certainly doesn't happen overnight. I'm not surprised at all that a 3 yr old hit a teacher and I also wouldn't immediately assume that the teacher was doing anything wrong up to that point to provoke the child. What happened next was wrong of course when the teacher lost control and hit the child in the head!
Hardcore-Ski, I don't know what to tell you regarding whether or not to push the issue, that's a personal decision as far as I can tell. Without being in your shoes I can't tell what I would think other than I'd be pissed if someone hit one of my kids. I would think that it wouldn't matter what you think at this point, doesn't the school district and legal system take over and determine what happens next?
-brianI couldn't have said it better my kid use to bit, he still does kick and hit.But I handle it. I discipline him the way he should be I kick his little butt. But I don't hit him in the head and I don't think any teacher should either.

Her454
12-13-2002, 12:01 PM
not speaking for 78, but i dont think he was drawing any conclusions regarding parenting/skills but simply stating an opinion that i wholeheartedly agree with. i think the point here is in the resolution as far as the teacher not being allowed the opportunity to hit another child, WRONG, period. And the child learning the consequence of his actions. Seems it is taken care of.

Havasu Hangin'
12-13-2002, 12:04 PM
The board is probably involved to avert a lawsuit...

78Eliminator
12-13-2002, 12:05 PM
DogHouse, you're completely right. The boy is only 3 and he is "experimenting"; testing boundaries and deciding how to express himself and communicate. Still, lots of learning to do. Not even sure how you explain to him what he did was wrong, or if he will even remember the incident an hour passes. Man, things are so hard these days. Seems like parents and teachers are loosing authority because of a few bad apples and the imperfections of our justice system.

Blown 472
12-13-2002, 12:07 PM
Ski, color me impressed you seem like a very level headed person, my hats off to you.

Havasu Hangin'
12-13-2002, 12:10 PM
Mrs HH teaches elementary school...I could tell ya all kinds of horror stories...
Like the time the fifth grader stood up in class and said, "**** you bitch!"

DogHouse
12-13-2002, 12:13 PM
Lots of good ideas and comments here. Now if our kids would just cooperate!
-brian

78Eliminator
12-13-2002, 12:15 PM
Havasu Hangin':
Mrs HH teaches elementary school...I could tell ya all kinds of horror stories...
Like the time the fifth grader stood up in class and said, "**** you bitch!"That disgusts me.

DogHouse
12-13-2002, 12:17 PM
Makes you wonder what that kid hears at home every night. By fifth grade they should be developing some manners!
[ December 13, 2002, 12:18 PM: Message edited by: DogHouse ]

Her454
12-13-2002, 12:18 PM
my daughters school went on a field trip to marine world in 7th grade and i volunteered to drive and take responsibility for 4 kids throughout the day. check ins were every 2 hours and two of the boys i drove, NEVER checked in. couldnt find them all day and the busses left for sac when it was time, leaving me to find the wandering little bastards. finally found them at 6pm and they could've cared less they worried half the school and made me late as its a 2 1/2 3 hour drive home that time of day. told me to "**** off" on the way home while in the back of my truck and it was the hardest thing i've ever done to show control. worst part of it is, the parents said "boyz will be boyz" and i should expect that when i volunteer.

78Eliminator
12-13-2002, 12:26 PM
Her454:
told me to "**** off" on the way home while in the back of my truck and it was the hardest thing i've ever done to show control. worst part of it is, the parents said "boyz will be boyz" and i should expect that when i volunteer.Oh my. I am sitting here, reconsidering ever having children. I know if I have some, they are going to be totally peaceful and I am going to want to strangle the first little shit that picks on them at school.

Her454
12-13-2002, 12:29 PM
thats certainly the quickest way to see my temper in full, nasty, full on bitch force, is to f- with my daughter. :mad:
[ December 13, 2002, 12:30 PM: Message edited by: Her454 ]

Blown 472
12-13-2002, 12:29 PM
Her454:
my daughters school went on a field trip to marine world in 7th grade and i volunteered to drive and take responsibility for 4 kids throughout the day. check ins were every 2 hours and two of the boys i drove, NEVER checked in. couldnt find them all day and the busses left for sac when it was time, leaving me to find the wandering little bastards. finally found them at 6pm and they could've cared less they worried half the school and made me late as its a 2 1/2 3 hour drive home that time of day. told me to "**** off" on the way home while in the back of my truck and it was the hardest thing i've ever done to show control. worst part of it is, the parents said "boyz will be boyz" and i should expect that when i volunteer.My kid did that he would find the working end of my hand meet his ass at a high velocity. But that would never happen cuz I have taught him respect so no need to throttle him.
And to have the utmost respect for beautiful woman that are driving him around. :D
[ December 13, 2002, 12:30 PM: Message edited by: Blown 472 ]

78Eliminator
12-13-2002, 12:33 PM
Blown 472:
And to have the utmost respect for beautiful woman that are driving him around. :D Good job 472! Are you talking about my girlfriend? wink

DogHouse
12-13-2002, 12:34 PM
78, don't reconsider, when the time is right just go for it. It'll be a helluva ride but in the end more rewarding than anything else you can do. At least that's what I keep telling myself when they're all screaming!
wink

Blown 472
12-13-2002, 12:36 PM
78Eliminator:
Blown 472:
And to have the utmost respect for beautiful woman that are driving him around. :D Good job 472! Are you talking about my girlfriend? wink I think so.

Her454
12-13-2002, 12:37 PM
Blown 472:
And to have the utmost respect for beautiful woman that are driving him around. :D very smooth 472. wink and you say your in WisconSIN......

Blown 472
12-13-2002, 12:39 PM
Her454:
Blown 472:
And to have the utmost respect for beautiful woman that are driving him around. :D very smooth 472. wink and you say your in WisconSIN......theheheheheeh, rats right

Chaddyshack
12-13-2002, 12:40 PM
Hardcore..
Being a member of law enforcement I can tell you that there are state and federal laws that require that the school notify the district and the district notify the state. They are probably going to ask if you are going to want to file charges against the teacher for battery on your child. I can also tell you as a dispatcher, that kids our way out of F****** control these days. I know that we were all kids and we all got away with alot of shit, but these days you can't even yell at your child without the nosy neighbor calling 911 and letting us know.
I'm sure most of you can remember a time that if were taken home in a patrol car that our parents didn't come out screaming "What is MY CHILD doing in the back of that car.. he's innocent and your just picking on him!!!!".... I'm sure it was "What did MY kid do to piss you off so bad that you had to bring him home????" usually followed by "I'll take it from here officer and I'm sorry my kid was an asshole"
I'm with 78 Elim on this 500%, our kids get away with alot due to a few children that were victims of school violence by bad teachers. The problem is now we have more bad children than bad teachers so what do you do????
The teacher is probably out of the teaching business for good, so she is probably looking for another career. I know you love your child, but if a 3 year old caused you to have to look for a new career what would you do????
Just food for thought.. not trying to start a war here.
Chaddy Chad

Her454
12-13-2002, 12:42 PM
Ruh roe raggy......

Her454
12-13-2002, 12:47 PM
Chaddyshack:
I know you love your child, but if a 3 year old caused you to have to look for a new career what would you do????
Just food for thought.. not trying to start a war here.
Chaddy Chadvery good points, but i dont think the 3 yr old caused her to lose her job....she is an adult and knew the consequences for her actions. she should not be teaching if SHE couldnt control her response. just my 02.

78Eliminator
12-13-2002, 12:51 PM
Chaddyshack:
I know you love your child, but if a 3 year old caused you to have to look for a new career what would you do????
Being a teacher today is one of the most rewardless, low paying and dangerous jobs there is. I think, whatever they're getting paid, it isn't enough. I think if they were actually getting a decent salary, it would inspire more decent people to teach. Who in their right mind would want such a stressful job that pays essentially nothing.
On another note, I changed my mind. If my child ever comes home with a black eye, I am going to punch his dad in the face.

Havasu Hangin'
12-13-2002, 12:53 PM
Well, Chaddyshack is right on...I'm biting my tongue on the kids, but Mrs HH would not be teaching if she knew then what she knows now.
6 years of school, $10K in student loans outstanding, just spent the last 10 Monday nights taking classes to keep her credential up to date...
...all for around $40K per year.
And we spend a grand or so each year on supplies. All those decorations on the walls? The district doesn't pay...She has spent the equivelant time and money it takes to get a MBA...$40K a year for an MBA?
PS- Also, if she suspects abuse, and doesn't report it, she could be prosecuted...very nice..

Her454
12-13-2002, 12:56 PM
hats off to mrs hh, i could not do it. i cant tolerate disrepect in kids.

JESSE
12-13-2002, 12:58 PM
I Think You Should Talk To The Board Because She Dose Not Need To Be In The Class Room If She Is Going To Lose Control And Hit A 3 Year Old. Next Time She Could Hurt Some One. Also My Hat Is Off To You. If It Were My Kid I Hope I Could Be So Easy Going.

78Eliminator
12-13-2002, 01:01 PM
JESSE:
I Think You Should Talk To The Board Because She Dose Not Need To Be In The Class Room If She Is Going To Lose Control And Hit A 3 Year Old. Next Time She Could Hurt Some One. Also My Hat Is Off To You. If It Were My Kid I Hope I Could Be So Easy Going.Why must every word be capitolized? Were you kicked out of school for bad behavior?

Jbb
12-13-2002, 01:01 PM
http://www.antihumanity.com/pictures/logos/ritalinboy.gif

Her454
12-13-2002, 01:04 PM
78Eliminator:
Why must every word be capitolized? Were you kicked out of school for bad behavior?before anyone says anything....i graduated high school, and have a degree....just cant type for shit with one arm. wink

Blown 472
12-13-2002, 01:05 PM
anything

Her454
12-13-2002, 01:15 PM
Blown 472:
anythingshoulda known better. eek!

HCS
12-13-2002, 02:36 PM
Wow what a ride! alot of great opinions on here. I'm sure there's alot of parents that would fly off the handle if someone struck there kid. If she would have hurt him in that way I would have had a completely different attitude. But done is done and I'll just let it go. Like Chaddyshack said she'll probably never teach again. I raised one kid and she turned out just fine! really fine! :D I got a long ways to go with the little one. :cool:
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Forum_Graphic_Depot/Jena_at_Gibsons_In_Field.JPG
[ December 13, 2002, 02:38 PM: Message edited by: HARDCORE-SKI ]

DogHouse
12-13-2002, 02:59 PM
Hardcore-Ski, what are you thinking posting a pic of your daughter on this board, are you nuts?!?! That's like throwing steak to the wolves! Btw, you're right, she's a beautiful girl.
-brian wink

Chaddyshack
12-13-2002, 03:02 PM
DogHouse:
Hardcore-Ski, what are you thinking posting a pic of your daughter on this board, are you nuts?!?! That's like throwing steak to the wolves! Btw, you're right, she's a beautiful girl.
-brian wink WOW, for a second there I thought I was on the "Hot Chic Pix" thread!!!
J/K Hardcore!!! :D eek!

HCS
12-13-2002, 03:03 PM
I figured that would catch someones attention. :D She'll be safe where shes at. No worries. wink

Moomawnster
12-15-2002, 03:42 AM
Flash back to a 9 year old boy ....who opens the gate to my corall when I am saddling horses for a trail ride ... ten guests watch as the animals all start for the gate, saddled and otherwise .....The trail guide [me] comes out of the tack room , see's whats happening and tells the boy he won't get an ass whippin if he gets on his bike and rides like hell ! and I start walking to the gate, Well....he was too slow and arrogant so I knocked him down and beat his ass with a lead rope till he started crying ...picked him up and banned him from HIS PARENTS barn for the day ..To this day I am the only person he respects .... he could have killed someone , really . The guest were stunned but some wanted to hire me! I always told him why he was being punished , and when it was over the slate was clean ...new day ,try again!
[ December 15, 2002, 03:52 AM: Message edited by: Moomawnster ]

DansBlown73Nordic
12-15-2002, 05:57 AM
Hardcore, She is a very pretty Girl. :D

Infomaniac
12-15-2002, 07:27 AM
Her454:
my daughters school went on a field trip to marine world in 7th grade and i volunteered to drive and take responsibility for 4 kids throughout the day. check ins were every 2 hours and two of the boys i drove, NEVER checked in. couldnt find them all day and the busses left for sac when it was time, leaving me to find the wandering little bastards. finally found them at 6pm and they could've cared less they worried half the school and made me late as its a 2 1/2 3 hour drive home that time of day. told me to "**** off" on the way home while in the back of my truck and it was the hardest thing i've ever done to show control. worst part of it is, the parents said "boyz will be boyz" and i should expect that when i volunteer.Those boys must be blind. I would have checked in every 2 minutes. :D

mike37
12-15-2002, 10:16 AM
HARDCORE-SKI
I put my kid in pre school six months ago, this is what he has learned.
Your stupid
Butt head
Dumb head
Shit head
Poop head
Dick head
son of a bitch
and **** it.
He also has learned his abc's and he can count to ten, he's 3 years old.
That's what I pay 800.00 a month for. I figure he'll be ready to post in the hot boat forums in another six months.
my have ben a problem from the start
some of this is normal for a 3yr old but now he hits the teacher
stay cool and ask some questions

missboatnam1
12-15-2002, 10:29 AM
well, i know i would of been pissed if someone hit my child!!!! i feel the teacher obvioulsy knows what she did wrong, and she must have no self control of her actions. so in my opion, she does need to find a new caree, without being around kids!!!..if she does it once, she'll do it twice!!...i wouldent want her around my kids!! eek! eek! id be scared!!!
just my .02 sqsmile

ROZ
12-17-2002, 12:09 PM
Well I guess you now know who helped expand your son's vocabulary. :( Too bad for all sides.

HCS
12-17-2002, 12:23 PM
ROZ:
Well I guess you now know who helped expand your son's vocabulary. :( Too bad for all sides.Actually, I was just mimicking what my kid picked up in preschool. It's amazing what a three year old can pick up from other kids their age. You send them to school for the better to learn abc's and they come home with a dirty mouth. Then you got to discipline them all over again. :rolleyes:

HM
12-17-2002, 12:33 PM
a friend of mine, actually more like a work aquaintance, thought it was really funny when they taught their 3 year old to say "you're a bitch." They taught him all sorts of profanities and had him show off his colorful vocabulary to all their friends.
3 schools later, it looks like they are going to have to move, again. The little prodigy can't seem to make a sentence without the use of a profanity - just like his dad.
Movie quote: You need a drivers license to drive a car - heck you even need a license to fish - but they will let any asshole be a parent.