PDA

View Full Version : Savage Marine - WHAT A DICK !

carbonmarine
08-05-2003, 02:41 PM
Gezzus, I have never met a more brash, total prick in my life .... !!!
Was in there on Thrusday last week ... On my way out one of the guy's vendor's said the same very damn thing ! ( laughs )
Anyhow, I needed a simple Merc impellor change out & Battery Charge in my boat with twin 500 EFI's, so I go up to inquire... Right up this guy's alley you'd think ... ??
I go in ask this guy and all he says ... HmhmhmhHhmhm ... Then, I said I am sorry sir, I cant hear ya , he then says... hhmhmhmhmhm all over again and what seemed to be a very slight No, but what got me is the guy doesnt even look one in the eye with a common courtesy address as a potential customer so in turn feel like the asshole... ( lol )
You guy's tell me... He certainly was not speaking the english language as most of us understand it that is for sure & even if he did, hes gotta know people talk in that town & out and if your a total brash asshole dont'cha think word gets out what a pleasure to deal with you are .... ??
I'll never order pizza from that guy that for sure....
Rick32
[ August 05, 2003, 03:48 PM: Message edited by: carbonmarine ]

spectras only
08-05-2003, 02:46 PM
Your boat must be over 30 feet wink .Maybe he has connection with LHM :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-05-2003, 02:54 PM
Maybe he was havin a bad day. We went there with our 28 for quite a bit of work and he was fine. You are the first person i've heard of having a problem their. I am sorry about your bad time there. No customer should be treated any different than anyone else. Big or small a customer is a customer. :)

hot_diggity_dog
08-05-2003, 03:05 PM
I was waiting for the negative press on Savage Marine.
wink
I am a Savage Marine user. :D I know both Kelly and Steve, family as well as Kelly's Mom and Dad (Tony the darkest guy in Havasu) LOL
I have them do all of my work in the off season, as in the summer they end up with more work than they can usually do. :mad:
I have had more friends walk out of there with the same expression and feelings toward Steve as you have had. :mad:
I think Steve has a great sense of humor and they way he deals with the boat people is quite humorous at times.
It's one of those you either love him :D or hate him, :mad: (Kind of like HOSS)LOL deal.
Don't take it personally and go use another repair facility if he doesn't meet your approval.
But on the other note: Steve knows his shit and is very good at what he does. He also is very helpful on what not to do, as he will give you the stories and show you the parts that have failed.
I wonder why I always deal with Kelly 1st before talking with Steve. :rolleyes: LOL
I don't have any problems with them you just need to get to know them if you want to do business with them.
HDD :cool:

carbonmarine
08-05-2003, 03:13 PM
Hot digity Dogg,
I wasnt looking for a wife, a friend or anything of the sort. I was looking for someone to work on the boat. So, " To get to know them is totally out of the question".... Especially now.
I had heard the guy does satisfactory work, that's exactly why I considered taking my boat there in the first place ...
Now, shit... ( laughs ) .... Now, I'll tow the 300 miles to home before I let that " you gotta get to know him " touch my boat..
Rick32

Lakeshow
08-05-2003, 03:26 PM
Steve is a great guy - he has done quite a bit of work on my boat. He is old time dude from Huntington Beach and just kind of grumbles around. I asked him about Whipple Charging my HP500 and he kind of grumbled a NO at me and how stupid it would be, etc., etc. Bottom line is he was right - I have friends that did theirs and their boats haven't run right all summer.
You don't need to get to know him, however, you either like him or you don't and like you (carbonmarine) mentioned pull your boat home and have someone else fix it - no biggie.
At any rate good luck.

hot_diggity_dog
08-05-2003, 03:29 PM
Hey Rick,
All I was saying, that was the same freakin story I was telling back about ten years ago when I 1st met Steve. eek!
If you want, I'll kick his ass for you, if it makes you feel better. wink
Sure is funny how you can have one post with all happy campers and then have the same topic with no happy campers. wink
I think in general all boat manufactures and or repair shops know they have you by the balls and they take advantage of it when and if they want too. :rolleyes:
You must have given him the look or something? :confused:
I still get the same smart ass treatment from him, but I could care less, as I dish it right back at him.
No worries Rick just move on to the next guy, wink or if towing the boat for over 300 miles to the guy you like is the answer. :rolleyes:

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-05-2003, 03:43 PM
carbonmarine:
Hot digity Dogg,
I wasnt looking for a wife, a friend or anything of the sort. I was looking for someone to work on the boat. So, " To get to know them is totally out of the question".... Especially now.
I had heard the guy does satisfactory work, that's exactly why I considered taking my boat there in the first place ...
Now, shit... ( laughs ) .... Now, I'll tow the 300 miles to home before I let that " you gotta get to know him " touch my boat..
Rick32 Sounds to me that you have a worse attitude then savage does!!LOL :D
If you don't like the man (wife) figure then maybe you should take it to someone else. Don't take this too personal But if you walked in with the attitude you have now I wouldn't have worked on your boat either. :)
This is how the man is. Like I said in my previous post. I have never heard any bad things come from anyone about savage except your complaint. Give the man another shot. Then if your treated the same way then make a decision to take it else where. (he is not into kissing ass if thats what your after) :D LMAO Not trying to start anything just trying to help in a way.Again sorry about the mishap while you were there.

bohica
08-05-2003, 03:56 PM
He probably had a shitty attitude and said no because he was probably thinking that you should be able to do an impellar and battery charge yourself. eek!

MissHavasuCig
08-05-2003, 04:01 PM
Go to Doug @ Alco Marine... we've got HP500s too and he's taken great care of us this summer! His number is 855-2370 and if you have warranties he does warranty work too (Savage doesn't...).
wink

hot_diggity_dog
08-05-2003, 04:07 PM
I used to use Doug at Alco too! Great guy and can do all Warrantee stuff for Mercruiser. :D
I also had Doug tell me he wouldn't work on my new 540CU motor when I had problems with it. :rolleyes:
Go figure! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

carbonmarine
08-05-2003, 04:27 PM
For the records, came in with good attitude... however in this case good does not beget good in return...
Oh .. I am I am over it, just thought I'd share and see what you guy's thought is all.
If it not the piss in your soup, its the shit in you shoe type of thing ....
Rick32

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-05-2003, 04:45 PM
I'm sure you are not the only one disatisfied with them but I just don't like it when people slam people when they can not be heard. But if you are not happy with them it is better if you go somewhere else just so there is no tension
between you too.Life is too short to be mad all the time I'm glad you got over it. This is a good place to vent and to let everyone know about your experiences good and bad. Then they can judge for themselves. So thanks but I will stay with savage.LOL!!! :D wink

h2oski2fast
08-05-2003, 05:54 PM
Hey Rick, sounds to me like your money wasn't good enough for him. If I ran my business that way, I would no longer have a business. When I walk into a shop, I want to be treated like a customer, not just some guy who strolls up pushing a shopping cart looking for a handout. After all, I came to them to get some work done inwhich I will spend my hard earned money. And like you (Rick) said, I don't want a new friendship or date, I just want someone to work on my boat.
As for bohica's comment, sometimes it's way more economical to have someone change the impeller and charge the batteries, this way I can spend that time and usually make more money then it would cost me to have it done.
Just my .02

TCHB
08-05-2003, 06:05 PM
Last Wednesday I called Savage Marine and asked if we could service my outdrive on my Howard and he said bring it in. I dropped it off and one of his mechanics completed the job on time and cleaned the outside of the drive like new. It cost me 200 dollars and I was happy.

carbonmarine
08-05-2003, 07:25 PM
[ August 05, 2003, 08:30 PM: Message edited by: carbonmarine ]

hot_diggity_dog
08-05-2003, 07:34 PM
Oh .. I am I am over it, just thought I'd share and see what you guy's thought is all. Come on Rick, :D that's just the way Steve is when you come in, and the 1st time you meet him you want a impeller change, and for him to charge your batteries? :rolleyes:
I'm not for this type of treatment to customer's, :mad: :rolleyes: but I'm curious on what type of response you would have received at Teague or Phaff, or another high pereformance repair shop? :confused:
No Biggie wink

FLYIN VEE
08-05-2003, 07:34 PM
When we called savage it was on a sunday morning. At a time when he should have been spending time with his friends and family. He was in the shop and told us to bring the boat in right away and he would see what he could do to get us back on the water. He found our problem quite quickly and got us back on the water for the rest of our day. Price was outstandingly reasonable for a sunday. No complaints , no problems. Nothing but a happy man willing to help us get through our vacation. Thanks for the reminder we owe him quite a few cold ones. But if I were you I would give him another chance. He probably was having a bad day. Which everyone of us has had. I don't think you should take things so personnal. Take everyones advise we all can't be wrong. savage marine is great. Just my .02cents
I don't normally post but this is one i had to defend.

mbrown2
08-05-2003, 08:33 PM
Savage could use some customer service lessons. I have used him and it was not always a pleasant experience, BUT he got the service work done and on time for a reasonable price. Also, I would only use him for service. I would trust others that are more capable for engine work that requires the knowledge of EFI's or Whipples...He is not an engine builder. His wife Kelly is great, and after you get past the rough exterior Steve can be a sort of fun guy too; also his workers are top notch...However, the guy could use some customer service lessons. :)

Essex502
08-06-2003, 06:13 AM
We used Steve (Savage Marine) this spring for the first time. Now, remember, we don't have a fancy big blower motor boat - just a little 21' with a BBC. I called to make an appointment and was amazed that Steve would take Sunday morning drop-offs to help his out-of-town customers. I am sure he'd rather be home at that time of the week. He was very pleasent and accomodating. Did great work. Charged me the same price as Teague or Essex did for the same service and did a few other little freebies as well. Stored my boat for the two weeks between our visits to LHC as well - no charge. When I picked it up he was ready. I know several other boaters who highly recommended him and I saw why.

Nubbs
08-06-2003, 06:38 AM
carbonmarine:
Gezzus, I have never met a more brash, total prick in my life .... !!!
I'll agree with ya on that one. We went in there Saturday afternoon. My buddies brand new HO496 had just siezed up on us and we wanted to know if he could work on it. We'd heard many good things about Savage and thought we'd give him a shot. He'd even serviced our other buddies boat. Our experience was something like this. We walk up and see the guy getting in to a fork lift. My friend said hello and commented how he looked pretty busy with all the boats. The guy replied "What the f$ck makes you think that." Then I thought the guy was gonna run us over with the fork lift. After listening to him cuss at us and basically tell us to f$ck off, we left. We were very disappointed with the lack of class at Savage marine. A simple "no" or "I'm too busy" would have been fine with us. So, needless to say, Savage ain't gonna be servicing my buddies boat any more and I hope none of ya'll give him your business. That guy was a complete asshole and I hope his business suffers until he learns to treat people with respect. burningm burningm burningm

Havasu Luvr
08-06-2003, 06:52 AM
Nubbs,
What I think some of the peeps in this thread is saying is "You got to get to know him" In other words, Do not judge a book by it's cover" You need to put up with attitude and spend hundreds (if not ) Thousands of dollars THEN judge Salvage Marine. Daaaaaaaaa ! ! What is wrong with you???. SHIT ! ! ! Do you peeps actually read what you right? Do the other peeps actually read what the other guy wrote BEFORE you jump on the band wagon and make a comment? or am I just not getting it?
HL

chub
08-06-2003, 07:20 AM
Savage has done work and service on my Ultra for years and since the day I met him I've been givin him the same shit he gives everybody else. I think he likes it.

NastyOne
08-06-2003, 07:38 AM
Well I think I am going to have to go with carbonmarine on this one. I am not trying to make a friend when I am in a shop. I just want to get something done and I want the person who is doing it to be professional about it. I dont care if he tries to crack a joke or be funny, but when I dont understand and he comes off as a dick... he needs to get some new lines.
Thats just my 2 cents. Its no big deal... thats why we have places to choose from.

NastyOne
08-06-2003, 07:39 AM
Shit.... first ever double post.
[ August 06, 2003, 08:39 AM: Message edited by: NastyOne ]

Nubbs
08-06-2003, 08:12 AM
Havasu Luvr:
Nubbs,
What I think some of the peeps in this thread is saying is "You got to get to know him" In other words, Do not judge a book by it's cover" You need to put up with attitude and spend hundreds (if not ) Thousands of dollars THEN judge Salvage Marine. Daaaaaaaaa ! ! What is wrong with you???. SHIT ! ! ! Do you peeps actually read what you right? Do the other peeps actually read what the other guy wrote BEFORE you jump on the band wagon and make a comment? or am I just not getting it?
HL HL,
Go ahead and flame me for what I'm gonna say, but I'm gonna say it anyways. We went to Savage because one of the guys in our group always takes his boat to Savage. After leaving Savage, the guy in our group said he was never treated like that before. The guy in our group was embarrassed for recommending Savage. Savage was not being a "smart ass" with us. His conduct was highly disrespectful and unprofessional. I should not have to spend any money to be treated with courtesy and respect. Just so you know, my comments are not directed toward the quality of work performed at Savage. And, I ain't jumpin on no band wagon and there ain't nothing wrong with me. Maybe you just don't get it. As far as reading what I write, well, maybe you should read what you write and then you'll catch your grammatical errors.
Nubbs wink
[ August 06, 2003, 09:13 AM: Message edited by: Nubbs ]

Havasu Luvr
08-06-2003, 08:43 AM
Nubbs
Triple Digit Club
Member # 3853
Member Rated:
posted 06 August, 2003 09:12 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Havasu Luvr:
Nubbs,
HL
HL,
Go ahead and flame me for what I'm gonna say, but I'm gonna say it anyways. We went to Savage because one of the guys in our group always takes his boat to Savage. After leaving Savage, the guy in our group said he was never treated like that before. The guy in our group was embarrassed for recommending Savage. Savage was not being a "smart ass" with us. His conduct was highly disrespectful and unprofessional. I should not have to spend any money to be treated with courtesy and respect. Just so you know, my comments are not directed toward the quality of work performed at Savage. And, I ain't jumpin on no band wagon and there ain't nothing wrong with me. Maybe you just don't get it. As far as reading what I write, well, maybe you should read what you write and then you'll catch your grammatical errors.
Nubbs
Nubbs Nubbs Nubbs ! ! !
LMAO, I am sorry, but you took my "Flame" the wrong way :D I was being a smart ass to the other peeps that was backing Salvage Marine (attitude). We (you & I) do NOT need to spend our hard earned money on "Attitude" although I have heard they do GREAT WORK. My money deserves more respect then what has been posted and I am only "Human" I WILL judge a book by the cover. So, to ease your mind, I AGREE with you and lets have a beer :p
HL
[ August 06, 2003, 09:46 AM: Message edited by: Havasu Luvr ]

Nubbs
08-06-2003, 08:54 AM
Oops!!! :o Guess I'm the stupid one now. :o
Havasu Luvr:
lets have a beer p
HL [/QB]Can we have 2?
:D

Party Cat
08-06-2003, 09:00 AM
hot_diggity_dog:
I have them do all of my work in the off season, as in the summer they end up with more work than they can usually do. :mad:
What up ????? I thought Ripper was your mechanic :D :D

hot_diggity_dog
08-06-2003, 09:10 AM
PC,
you think Steve has attitude that Ripper guy is something else. LOLIf it doesn't cost over 5k he won't do it.

Party Cat
08-06-2003, 10:08 AM
hot_diggity_dog:
PC,
you think Steve has attitude that Ripper guy is something else. LOLIf it doesn't cost over 5k he won't do it.
HDD :cool: But does Steve have a silver in one hand and a wrench in the other :D :D

Dave C
08-06-2003, 03:40 PM
Sounds like the guy has a personality disorder, which is different than an attitude problem.
Whats the difference you ask?
Attitude problem needs an ass-whooping
Personality disorder requires therapy/medication

hd&boatrider
09-23-2003, 10:23 AM
Just dropped my boat off yesterday and the boats they have there are amazing to say the least. I drop off my little 23LX Commander and both Steve and Kelly took the time to talk to me. Steve admits to pissing off people every now and then and isn't too worried about it. Steve helped me on some suggestions for the setup I am considering on my possible Top Cat purchase. He did not have to do it but was more than happy to help out. I have had my boat in for service there 3 times now and have always been treated properly by them. Steve and Kelly have taken the time to talk with me on all occasions.
By the way....he doesn't believe in the add on whipples and so forth. He is dead set against them so if that is what you want to do he definitely is not the shop to go to.
Just my 2cents FWIW

al cole'holic
09-23-2003, 10:42 AM
hd&boatrider:
Just dropped my boat off yesterday and the boats they have there are amazing to say the least. I drop off my little 23LX Commander and both Steve and Kelly took the time to talk to me. Steve admits to pissing off people every now and then and isn't too worried about it. Steve helped me on some suggestions for the setup I am considering on my possible Top Cat purchase. He did not have to do it but was more than happy to help out. I have had my boat in for service there 3 times now and have always been treated properly by them. Steve and Kelly have taken the time to talk with me on all occasions.
By the way....he doesn't believe in the add on whipples and so forth. He is dead set against them so if that is what you want to do he definitely is not the shop to go to.
Just my 2cents FWIW ...any mention on their son by any chance, and how he is doing??

Havasu_Dreamin
09-23-2003, 10:55 AM
I went into Savage for teh first time the lat trip out and Steve was more than helpful as were his mechanics. He certainly does have some rough edges and can bee kind of gruff but overall he was very nice to us and we talked for a bit about boats and Havasu in general. I'll definitely be taking my boat back for service.

hd&boatrider
09-23-2003, 11:26 AM
al cole'holic:
hd&boatrider:
Just my 2cents FWIW ...any mention on their son by any chance, and how he is doing?? Kelly mentioned his accident to me and she does not believe any of his injuries are permanent. My son wnet out on Labor Day on his bike and broke his arm....My son is having a period of bad luck but most is brought on by himself. Kids do crazy things but I am sure that their son will learn from this.

Ducatista
09-23-2003, 01:19 PM
I think ALCO Marine in Havasu deserves equal time here. I drop my boat off to Doug for routine servicing of the outdrive and impeller as I leave for Cali. I am returning in two weeks. Doug can start on it the first Friday of the first week, sounds good to me. I call just to check status on Tuesday of the second week and they havn't touched it yet. I get a call from Doug on Thursday of the second week, the day before I return to Havasu for a weeks vacation, that there is a "problem". Upon pulling the drive on Thursday, it is determined that a small crack in the rubber bellows has allowed water in the u-joint area of the lower drive unit.The gimble bearing and u-joint needs to be replaced he says, and he can't start that job for another two weeks! So he sat on the boat until the last minute, and when an unexpected problem arises, business is so good he expects me to wait another two weeks for him to start on it again. WHAT A DICK! Needless to say I showed up at his door on Saturday, the first day of vacation, and pulled the boat from him! Boy was pissed and was a complete jerk. I laughed and took it to a smaller new outfit in town called Stealth Marine. They had me fixed the next day and ready to roll. Doug not only lost me as a customer that Saturday, but also my friend who was with me at the time, and had an appointment to have his two bravo 3's serviced in the next couple of days. He couldn't believe Dougs lousy business attitude. I think business is to good for outfits like ALCO & Savage at times, so they feel they can shit on you and get away with it. Oh well the fix is easy, don't do business with them if they don't deserve it. I know there are those of you who have had good experiences with these 2 repair shops, good for you. I just had to rant about what I often see as the "Havasu" attitude. Find a small shop who needs the business or take your Cali rigs back to Cali for servicing is my suggestion now.

BajaMike
09-23-2003, 01:31 PM
I always use:
Havasu Avenue Marine
82 Lake Havasu Avenue North, Lake Havasu City, AZ 86403
(928) 855-4494
Good, fast, reliable service and reasonably priced (about half of what Dick Simon in Dana Point charges for the same thing).
Angelo, the owner is always helpfull and friendly.
Just my $.02.
argue
Mike

BoatFloating
09-23-2003, 01:35 PM
I wasn't too impressed with Alco. I needed just some regular service needed and said they don't work on any HP boats anymore meaning blower or super charger motors like mine procharged 496. Doug was nice about telling me no, but how can anybody just turn down business.

steve0123
09-23-2003, 01:42 PM
My experience with Steve and Kelly at Savage have been nothing short of amazing, they have gone so far out of their way to help us when we were in trouble with a motor fire the first time and then a blown outdrive the second time. Great service and excellent prices! I would never go anywhere else.

hot_diggity_dog
09-23-2003, 01:44 PM
I laughed and took it to a smaller new outfit in town called Stealth Marine. They had me fixed the next day and ready to roll.
FIY Stealth Marine is Bob Burns of Cheetah Boats. wink

BUSTI
09-23-2003, 01:52 PM
Never Having met the shop owner i cannot speak from personal experience. However he sounds like many boat mfg. and or shop owners. Yeah they maybe good at their work ...but as we have discussed in the past the boating industry is very short on business skill.
the boating businaess is very unsophisticated. So is the barber shop business...but you would never go back to a guy to cut your hair that is as rude as the boat shop owner being discussed here. And you only give the barber 6.50 for a crew cut. Yet the same people paying 100's and even 1,000's of dollars put up with rudeness from shop owners because they do have you by the balls.
All things being equal every customer that is paying you should be treated with courtesy and respect. No excuses! I have a rule its simple I won't show respect to anybody that doesnt give it to me and I sure as hell won't give my money to sonebody like that either. Giving your hard earned money to some body for services rendered is one of the highest compiments you can give somebody! I would tow a million miles before I would spend my money with somebody that was rude to me amd mine!

Ducatista
09-23-2003, 01:56 PM
hot_diggity_dog:
I laughed and took it to a smaller new outfit in town called Stealth Marine. They had me fixed the next day and ready to roll.
FIY Stealth Marine is Bob Burns of Cheetah Boats. wink
HDD :cool: Yes I know..thats why I called them. I'm glad I found someone who could do the job, save me some cash, and salvage my vacation! I'll have to look for you at the sandbar, I would like to buy you a cold one and check that 540 out!
[ September 23, 2003, 02:57 PM: Message edited by: Ducatista ]

al cole'holic
09-23-2003, 02:06 PM
BUSTI:
Never Having met the shop owner i cannot speak from personal experience. However he sounds like many boat mfg. and or shop owners. Yeah they maybe good at their work ...but as we have discussed in the past the boating industry is very short on business skill.
the boating businaess is very unsophisticated. So is the barber shop business...but you would never go back to a guy to cut your hair that is as rude as the boat shop owner being discussed here. And you only give the barber 6.50 for a crew cut. Yet the same people paying 100's and even 1,000's of dollars put up with rudeness from shop owners because they do have you by the balls.
All things being equal every customer that is paying you should be treated with courtesy and respect. No excuses! I have a rule its simple I won't show respect to anybody that doesnt give it to me and I sure as hell won't give my money to sonebody like that either. Giving your hard earned money to some body for services rendered is one of the highest compiments you can give somebody! I would tow a million miles before I would spend my money with somebody that was rude to me amd mine! Savage is one of those down ass futher muckers that don't **** around. Yes he is among the rare breed of old skool'rs that you either love or ya hate...and I love :D He may talk some shit, walk around in only shorts, laugh at ya, laugh with ya, but you know you ain't getting jacked around or being lied to!

jackpunx
09-23-2003, 02:08 PM
mbrown2:
Savage could use some customer service lessons. I have used him and it was not always a pleasant experience, BUT he got the service work done and on time for a reasonable price. Also, I would only use him for service. I would trust others that are more capable for engine work that requires the knowledge of EFI's or Whipples...He is not an engine builder. His wife Kelly is great, and after you get past the rough exterior Steve can be a sort of fun guy too; also his workers are top notch...However, the guy could use some customer service lessons. :) PHEW!! almost got me nervous.. thinking my whipple was going to keep me off the water...
pig_flyi

jackpunx
09-23-2003, 02:11 PM
Lakeshow:
Steve is a great guy - he has done quite a bit of work on my boat. He is old time dude from Huntington Beach and just kind of grumbles around. I asked him about Whipple Charging my HP500 and he kind of grumbled a NO at me and how stupid it would be, etc., etc. Bottom line is he was right - I have friends that did theirs and their boats haven't run right all summer.
You don't need to get to know him, however, you either like him or you don't and like you (carbonmarine) mentioned pull your boat home and have someone else fix it - no biggie.
At any rate good luck. jackpunx:
mbrown2:
Savage could use some customer service lessons. I have used him and it was not always a pleasant experience, BUT he got the service work done and on time for a reasonable price. Also, I would only use him for service. I would trust others that are more capable for engine work that requires the knowledge of EFI's or Whipples...He is not an engine builder. His wife Kelly is great, and after you get past the rough exterior Steve can be a sort of fun guy too; also his workers are top notch...However, the guy could use some customer service lessons. :) PHEW!! almost got me nervous.. thinking my whipple was going to keep me off the water...
pig_flyi

TCHB
09-23-2003, 07:18 PM
This past weekend I had a friend go to Savage for a impeller change out and Steve took the boat right in and fixed it on the spot. He is honest and will treat you fair.

sidewound
09-23-2003, 07:40 PM
I have had the same negative experience at many service oriented shops in my life.
My usual response is
"Are you always a dick or do you just save that for the occaisions I come here to do business with you?"
It either illicites? a laugh or a screw you response. Then at least I know where to start.
Peace Man
CESAR

McQuakey
10-09-2003, 08:59 PM
Steve was at the shop last Sunday after the poker
run just moving some boats around, preparing for
the week when a 24 hallett came in with outdrive problems. Steve had him pull it around back, he
pulled the drive fixed the problem and the guy could get a little more time on the water before he had to leave. Plus now he is ready for his next trip out on lake in a few weeks. From a 18ft jet to 40ft skaters w/#6's, Savage can do it all. Just check out Anaconda's rigging. Top
shelf. Kelly is customer service personified at
the front of the shop or on the phone. Aaron is
a class act in his own right. It truely is a team effort at Savage.

GlastronGuy
10-09-2003, 09:34 PM
McQuakey:
Steve was at the shop last Sunday after the poker
run just moving some boats around, preparing for
the week when a 24 hallett came in with outdrive problems. Steve had him pull it around back, he
pulled the drive fixed the problem and the guy could get a little more time on the water before he had to leave. Plus now he is ready for his next trip out on lake in a few weeks. From a 18ft jet to 40ft skaters w/#6's, Savage can do it all. Just check out Anaconda's rigging. Top
shelf. Kelly is customer service personified at
the front of the shop or on the phone. Aaron is
a class act in his own right. It truely is a team effort at Savage. 1st post, huh? Who are you really?

mbrown2
10-09-2003, 09:37 PM
I am just glad I won't be taking the outboards to him...now I can sit and laugh with him as opposed to needing anything from his cranky quack ass... :)

Laveyman
10-10-2003, 06:42 AM
TCHB:
This past weekend I had a friend go to Savage for a impeller change out and Steve took the boat right in and fixed it on the spot. He is honest and will treat you fair. This is my exact feeling about Steve and Savage Marine. I had a hydraulic steering hose go out at 65 MPH on a Saturday afternoon. I called Savage, and Steve said bring it in Sunday morning! A boat repair facility open on Sunday morning!?!?!!! This was my first dealing with them so I was a bit leary. Steve did an awesome job of replacing the hose, and even did some minor rigging tweaks to make sure it wouldn't happen again. After working on it for about two hours, I was out the door for a mere $80. Now that's service if you ask me.

andy01
10-10-2003, 07:05 AM
Well I think there is already enough of it here but I will post my story to!!
My boat wouldn't start before the photo shoot last friday in Havasu. I called GT Performace and asked Gary who he would take it to if he was in my shoes "Savage". So I call they give me directions, I pull in there and park with all of the huge boats and walk up to (Kelly)introduce myself and tell them what's going on. They say okay give us a little bit and we will get to it. Okay I'll wait, hell it's the day before the poker run and they are super busy. As I look at my wife "well should we go sit down?" one of the guys gets in the fork lift and backs a 40' Skater up, jumps out "back your boat in over here". 30 minutes later I was leaving. I couldn't beleive they worked on my boat that fast! The bill was lite and I was on my way! So to everybody that needs service I would say try Savage then ALCO, I know ALCO does good work on the stock stuff. But Savage really stepped up to the plate for me on my first visit!
Andy