PDA

View Full Version : IM SO PISSED!

superV
05-09-2003, 04:58 AM
So I had me Challenger sold to this 22yr old guy it was going to be his first boat. I showed him the boat last week and we ran it on the trailer ect. So he tells me he wants it and the bank will be calling me to get the info on it. Bank calls says its no problem he is approved they just need to take a pic of the boat at thier lot 50 miles from my house. Im thinking sweet its about time someone had some money. :D So we decide to meet afeter work on 5-8-03 so I take a 1/2 day vacation to get the boat to the ramp and in the water on time, guy calls me in the AM says cant wait will see me at 6:00pm and ill have a check today. So at 5:30 he calls and tells me his insurance guy gave him the wrong numbers and its going to be $800 a year rather than the $300 he told him the day before. So he says he was at home all night running the numbers as far as what the boat will run him per month and he can not afford it with the new insurance price. So I tell him ill pay the differentce he still backs out saying it just alittle to much and cant afford it. What a bunch of B.S. wouldent you think he had know that before leading me on for a week and me taking a half day.I F'ing hate selling boats! :mad:

JetBoatRich
05-09-2003, 05:33 AM
Sorry to hear that SuperV, good deal gone bad. :D He is just a kid, should know what he is getting into before leading you on. :mad:

Kilrtoy
05-09-2003, 05:37 AM
thats only 41 extra month, what did he think GAS was going to cost, can you say jackass

superV
05-09-2003, 05:39 AM
Thats what i was thinking. He should have not even have looked at the boat! :mad:

superV
05-09-2003, 06:48 AM
burningm

nhbuoy
05-09-2003, 07:10 AM
HEY SUPERV...Welcome to the realitys of the marine used boat world!!!...If you think THAT'S bad,(this is NORMAL with private party deals!!!)...You ought to see what goes on with NEW boat sales!!!...The customers (SOME,not most),SUCK, the banks SUCK (ESPECIALLY "HI-PO" boats), the insurance guys SUCK,...etc...If the moon is in the 7th sign & jupiter aligns with mars & if it's not cloudy,windy,cold,too late,too early,too dark,too sunny & the waters not too hot or too cold...THEN, MAYBE you will sell the boat!!!...Good luck...On a used deal, tell them to bring cash & don't waste your time...A harder line USUALLY will work...Be a little flexible in price too if they will take-it-away-today...I hate "prop-kickers, ice-cream drippers, & be-backs...

SCUBA STEVE
05-09-2003, 07:15 AM
yeah the challanger is waiting for me :D :D
That sucks superv. I hope you get a real buyer soon.

nhbuoy
05-09-2003, 07:15 AM
One more thing...NO TEST-PILOTS...You want a ride that's $$$500$$$ deposit that is MAYBE refundable...Tell them you need this to cover your ass with the insurance company...This generally will separate the lookers from the buyers...YOU WANT a BUYER...Good luck...

superV
05-09-2003, 07:39 AM
nhbuoy:
One more thing...NO TEST-PILOTS...You want a ride that's $$$500$$$ deposit that is MAYBE refundable...Tell them you need this to cover your ass with the insurance company...This generally will separate the lookers from the buyers...YOU WANT a BUYER...Good luck... I feel ya bro. I sell a boat or two a year but this is the 1st HiPO boat I have had for sell, and you can bet i will do as you say from hear on out.

bear down
05-09-2003, 09:04 AM
nhbuoy:
HEY SUPERV...Welcome to the realitys of the marine used boat world!!!...If you think THAT'S bad,(this is NORMAL with private party deals!!!)...You ought to see what goes on with NEW boat sales!!!...The customers (SOME,not most),SUCK, the banks SUCK (ESPECIALLY "HI-PO" boats), the insurance guys SUCK,...etc...If the moon is in the 7th sign & jupiter aligns with mars & if it's not cloudy,windy,cold,too late,too early,too dark,too sunny & the waters not too hot or too cold...THEN, MAYBE you will sell the boat!!!...Good luck...On a used deal, tell them to bring cash & don't waste your time...A harder line USUALLY will work...Be a little flexible in price too if they will take-it-away-today...I hate "prop-kickers, ice-cream drippers, & be-backs... I was really lucky when I sold my boat before I had to make my first payment on my eliminator. I had the boat on boat trader for 3 months and not a single hard bite, then 6 days before both payments were due, a guy called, we made a deal over the phone and he brought a check guaranteed check from the bank and he left with my boat and it all took about two hours with the signing of the bill of sale, I guess I got really lucky and I avoided a double payment.

superV
05-09-2003, 09:31 AM
bear down:
nhbuoy:
HEY SUPERV...Welcome to the realitys of the marine used boat world!!!...If you think THAT'S bad,(this is NORMAL with private party deals!!!)...You ought to see what goes on with NEW boat sales!!!...The customers (SOME,not most),SUCK, the banks SUCK (ESPECIALLY "HI-PO" boats), the insurance guys SUCK,...etc...If the moon is in the 7th sign & jupiter aligns with mars & if it's not cloudy,windy,cold,too late,too early,too dark,too sunny & the waters not too hot or too cold...THEN, MAYBE you will sell the boat!!!...Good luck...On a used deal, tell them to bring cash & don't waste your time...A harder line USUALLY will work...Be a little flexible in price too if they will take-it-away-today...I hate "prop-kickers, ice-cream drippers, & be-backs... I was really lucky when I sold my boat before I had to make my first payment on my eliminator. I had the boat on boat trader for 3 months and not a single hard bite, then 6 days before both payments were due, a guy called, we made a deal over the phone and he brought a check guaranteed check from the bank and he left with my boat and it all took about two hours with the signing of the bill of sale, I guess I got really lucky and I avoided a double payment. That would be too cool :( I have had it in the trader for like 5 months :mad: And it is a great boat at a great price! argue

HighRoller
05-09-2003, 11:37 AM
I just wanted to add a note of caution for anyone selling a boat these days.Cash,of course,is always best but I know a lot of people will accept a cashier's check.IF you are going to accept a cashier's check make sure you insist on taking it to a branch of your bank or his and cashing or depositing it immediately to make sure it's real.With the skills of identity thieves and computer geeks as well as counterfeiters,fake cashier's checks are more common than you would think.

superV
05-09-2003, 12:15 PM
HighRoller:
I just wanted to add a note of caution for anyone selling a boat these days.Cash,of course,is always best but I know a lot of people will accept a cashier's check.IF you are going to accept a cashier's check make sure you insist on taking it to a branch of your bank or his and cashing or depositing it immediately to make sure it's real.With the skills of identity thieves and computer geeks as well as counterfeiters,fake cashier's checks are more common than you would think. Thats a Big Ol 10-4