PDA

View Full Version : Islander RV Resort

Baby Doll
05-06-2003, 10:20 AM
Message from Marie Meahl's office that I received through email.
Good Morning Everyone, 5/2/03
A very scary fact came to light yesterday during a talk with a state land official. I was told that state land would allow the Islander RV park to cut off shore line from the public with the new lease in preparation. I told them that it was against our General Plan that was recently voted in last Nov. I was then told that the City was in favor of the lease. I called four City Council members Bob Crabtree, Don Clark, Ron Gould and Paula Fowler. None of them knew anything about this agreement. Bob Crabtree emailed Bruce Williams and was told that April of 2000 at a council meeting it was agreed on. However, no record could be found of this agreement. I personally along with Bob was on council at that time and it was not presented to us at all. I can only say I am against that this kind of thing goes on behind closed doors and council are not told. We have 'till May 9th to protest this lease. I urge all of you to call personally, email, and write letters against this before we loose our right to shoreline access. This access will be lost for the term of the 50 yr lease. This would set a precedent that could be far reaching to take the shore line away from the people. The new general plan states 20 feet above the 455 high water mark be left open to public access. Does our vote not count???? The city just recently made 2 private developers dedicate 30ft above the 455 high water line to the city for open space. Shouldn't all people be treated equally??? Total Concepts-Rick Holloway, Ken Komick and Robert Dietrich have recently gotten $200,000 from the city coffers to allow the city to bid on part of Body Beach. They should not be allowed to take the shoreline away again?? No matter who owes them political favors in the city. The Islander RV park does not even conform to the new General Plan use desigination. I urge all of you to get out and not let this happen to our city. A copy of the new General Plan can be found at the city website www.lake-havasu-city.az.us (http://www.lake-havasu-city.az.us)
Sincerely,
Marie Meahl
mmeahl@citlink.net
855-6330
Who to contact
Buster Johnson
Mohave County Supervisor
453-0724
johnsbd@citlink.net
Charles White (man in charge of doing the lease)
602-542-4668
cwhite@ind.state.az.us
AZ State Land Dept.
1616 W. Adams
Phoenix, AZ 85007
www.land.state.az.us (http://www.land.state.az.us)
State Land Commissioner
Mark Winkleman
Senator Linda Binder
lbinder@azleg.state.az.us
602-542-4138
Representative
Bill Wagner
bwagner@azleg.state.az.us
602-542-5408
Repersentative
Joe Hart
jhart@azleg.state.az.us
602-542-5051
Governor
Janet Napolitano
602-542-4331
602-542-1381 fax

spectratoad
05-06-2003, 10:26 AM
You know this type of landgrabbing is getting totally out of control. It happens up here alot too. I am even a die hard republican but I love open space and limited development. :confused:

roostwear
05-06-2003, 10:37 AM
When you were told "the city is in favor", but the council was unaware of it, WHO is it that is in favor? Mayor, planning commission, who? Name names.

Baby Doll
05-06-2003, 10:40 AM
This is just an email I received from Marie Meahl's office. I think she was too wrapped up in Body Beach and the Nautical to remember when the Islander came up. You can email her and ask. I sent her my 2 cents. Maybe if she did her job and was fair in it she'd still be in office. Just 1 persons opinion that lives in this political nighmare!!!