PDA

View Full Version : A-hole salesmen!

Mandelon
08-26-2003, 01:45 PM
Some f*cker just called here trying to sell us diamond dusted sawblades for cutting concrete, brick, etc.
Now that is fine, that is their job I guess. I overheard my office manager talking to this guy. She asked if I wanted to talk to him. "N, we don't need any now," I replied. I don't buy sight unseen anyway. They usually are of poor quality compared to what I get at White Cap.
The guy asks for my cell #, "We don't give that out" she politely tells him.
"Thanks for Nothing, Bitch!" he yells into the phone. What a dick. :mad:

Chase
08-26-2003, 01:50 PM
Do you know how to contact him or his company that he is representing??
If so, it might be worth your time to contact his boss and tell him what happened??

Slick
08-26-2003, 01:53 PM
That's some funny shit? No, not me or any of my guys. I don't have anyone selling in San Diego.

Mandelon
08-26-2003, 01:54 PM
She told me he said something like "This is Slick from blah blah blah company...so we don't know who it was. Tried the *69 but does not work. :mad:

Ziggy
08-26-2003, 01:57 PM
Worst are the (no offense meant here) back east fast talkin' Stock Brokers. They call you as if they are your best friends and give you the "best buy" BS. Funny how much more often they call when the market is down.
Then, of course they'll slam the phone on ya when you say not interested....or say your such a fool for passing this up. Yeah, yeah buddy, who called who here? Wasn't me calling you for advise. Go pound sand jackass.

Slick
08-26-2003, 01:59 PM
**** YOU. When I'm selling I use my alias, Peter Gozinya, Hugh Jorgan, Dick Fitzwell or my favorite Dave Johnson :D

Mandelon
08-26-2003, 02:15 PM
Ziggy:
Worst are the (no offense meant here) back east fast talkin' Stock Brokers. They call you as if they are your best friends and give you the "best buy" BS. Funny how much more often they call when the market is down.
Then, of course they'll slam the phone on ya when you say not interested....or say your such a fool for passing this up. Yeah, yeah buddy, who called who here? Wasn't me calling you for advise. Go pound sand jackass. They call a couple of times a week. So annoying! Some boiler room in the background. Buy futures or some stock or another. I am polite to them and ask to be taken off the list.

ROZ
08-26-2003, 02:17 PM
Slick:
**** YOU. When I'm selling I use my alias, Peter Gozinya, Hugh Jorgan, Dick Fitzwell or my favorite Dave Johnson :D Then who's this Tom character I've been talking to.... :D

91nordic29
08-26-2003, 02:35 PM
i get those calls several times a week. they can be very very nasty when they dont get their way. i like to record (leagally, of course) those. after they have called 5 or 6 times i give the info to the phone company.
when i get the calls that begin with "i'd like to speak to the person who..." i say, one moment please and i forward them to a voice mail box i set up just for them. (i'm sorry no one is available to take your call right now, blah blah blah...)they hate that. if i am having a really boring day, i will just keep asking questions until they hang up. one of the worst things you can do to a telemarketer is waste their time.

Slick
08-26-2003, 02:37 PM
ROZ:
Then who's this Tom character I've been talking to.... D Beats me
[ August 26, 2003, 03:38 PM: Message edited by: Slick ]

Rexone
08-26-2003, 03:17 PM
I wasn't aware Tom Brown was marketing saw blades too. wink