PDA

View Full Version : New House in Havasu

FireMD
01-15-2003, 07:59 PM
Anyone buying a new home in Havasu, DO NOT USE LIBERTY PROPERTIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Trust me on this, my nightmare is coming to an end in a few months and we learned a valuable lesson. Anyone with furthur questions just email me. Nick

TCHB
01-15-2003, 08:35 PM
What are the specific problems you had with this builder. I sure hear a lot of horror stories with builders in Havasu.

FireMD
01-15-2003, 10:21 PM
Here is the story. We bought a spec home last year in July. We were told of this great relator from some people/fellow fireman so we trusted them. The guy/relator seemed pretty cool, was very eager to sell and find us what we wanted. He did, and we bought. Paid cash up front for upgrades and escrow deposit just like normal. Well that's when the stories began on when our house would be finished. The builder himself is now involved and has been very up front and accommodating to us for our inconvenience. The relator/broker in my opinion are crooks. They have told us everything we wanted to hear but none of it has been true. I will give no names of these people, but like I said earlier, just be very cautious using LIBERTY PROPERTIES. By the way, the other fireman who turned us on to these people is having more problems than we are. Our house is now scheduled to be complete and ready to move in in April. only 5 months later than promised in our contract. If you live out of town you gotta be on these people to make sure they are not putting you on the back burner. Another buddy used the guy we used after I told him about what we did and he bought an already built house with little or no problems. So do your homework before you get too excited like we did and act impulsively. Nick

FireMD
01-16-2003, 09:13 PM
OK, new news as of today. Just got a fax that says the broker will pay for our boat storage unit until the house is done starting 1/7/03 the day the house was suppossed to be finished and give us $20.00 a day for every day after 4/1/03 it is not done. I still say do your homework, but I am a little more happy now.