PDA

View Full Version : rear motor mounts?

thehookerman
03-20-2006, 05:29 PM
I have a 455 olds and the rear motor mounts are shot .my question is do i have to take the whole motor out to replace them or is there a easier way to do this.Thanks for any help you can give me .One more thing I need to replace intake gasket it has a tunnel ram what are the torque specks

airocraft
04-06-2006, 06:54 PM
If you have acces to a hoist or Chainfall you could attach the bolts to the heads and take the weight off of the mounts. This should provide you enough releif of tension to replace the mounts one at a time. This is of course provided that you can get to the mount bolts with the engine still in the boat.
You could possibly do this a number of ways with a small jack since you arent fighting the suspension and rest of the bothers in a car.
I would disconect the input shaft from the pump and BE CAREFULL with the chainfall or you can damage your heads.

455Rocket
04-07-2006, 11:03 AM
I have a 455 olds and the rear motor mounts are shot .my question is do i have to take the whole motor out to replace them or is there a easier way to do this.Thanks for any help you can give me .One more thing I need to replace intake gasket it has a tunnel ram what are the torque specks
Not trying to be an ass or anything... but how do motor mounts go bad? Are you talking about stringer damage?

thehookerman
04-07-2006, 05:26 PM
look in gear heads under rear motor mounts and youll see what Im talking about

FLEA DIDDY
04-10-2006, 10:34 PM
err