PDA

View Full Version : White trash with expensive boats...

HighRoller
09-04-2002, 09:49 PM
In view of all the people who think"White Trash"behavior is cool if you have an expensive boat and a girl with plastic rigs on her chest,I'm planning my next vacation to California.I thought I'd hop in my 75 ft long semi truck and come to the park in your neighborhood.I know,my truck doesn't belong on such small streets but oh well,I heard the park is goin off this weekend!Next I'm gonna invite 20 more friends who all have big trucks and we'll park all up and down the street.Now we'll get drunk and obnoxious and play the stereo as loud as possible in between"Speed Runs"up and down your street weaving in between cars.Next my girlfriend will get partially or totally nude and perform various sexual acts on every guy and girl in sight while in plain view of everyone in the park including women and children.Don't like it?Too bad,I'm on vacation dude!!
I know this sounds extreme,but I'm just making the point that if I did these things in California at a public place where families go I'd be arrested.But people come to lakes and rivers in this area where people go with their families and act like a bunch of idiots!!!Don't get me wrong,I like partying on the river and naked girls,but part of being"River Aware"is not having a white trash sex orgy in front of everyone who may or may not want to see it!!That's what the motel room is for!!

kcm21
09-04-2002, 10:12 PM
HR,
you have a point but I mentioned it to a couple friends, nextasex being one of them that if i have kids the last place I am gonna take them is to steamboat, copper cnayon etc. you have the whole freakin lake or river to drive on why in the hell would you pick the sluttiest part to take your kids to. And second of all white trash do not own all the nice toys and boats. Also if you are relating you parking your rig next to my house and bumpin some tunes at night hell yeah i would be pissed also, but i think on the lake during the day is appropriate, if they are doing that crap with their trucks then you just have to call the cops, or relate it to the fact that they were dorks when they were younger and now they have a little bit of cash! and they have little d*cks and are complete morons.....if that is your opinion of white trash then you must not have heard about the people who jacked charley's boat and the other boats that are being jacked........now they are white trash!
-kev-

locogringo
09-04-2002, 10:50 PM
kcm21:
HR,
you have a point but I mentioned it to a couple friends, nextasex being one of them that if i have kids the last place I am gonna take them is to steamboat, copper cnayon etc. you have the whole freakin lake or river to drive on why in the hell would you pick the sluttiest part to take your kids to. And second of all white trash do not own all the nice toys and boats. Also if you are relating you parking your rig next to my house and bumpin some tunes at night hell yeah i would be pissed also, but i think on the lake during the day is appropriate, if they are doing that crap with their trucks then you just have to call the cops, or relate it to the fact that they were dorks when they were younger and now they have a little bit of cash! and they have little d*cks and are complete morons.....if that is your opinion of white trash then you must not have heard about the people who jacked charley's boat and the other boats that are being jacked........now they are white trash!
-kev-amen!
I have a 3 year old daughter and we go to Havasu all the time. We are jsut more selective now in where we go.
Using common sense = no posts like that.
We get a baby sitter when we want to party. (actually, I'm the big partier in our relationship. Someone had to be responsible.)
LOL

hd&boatrider
09-04-2002, 10:58 PM
HR---I have a place in BHC and I am there pretty much from Spring to Fall with breaks to check on things in CA. I assume you are refering to Gasoline Alley this past weekend. I saw kids, little kids in there. I am not saying that they can't come in there but it is one of the only places at Lake Mohave that this type of behavior takes place. I for one would not take my family into there on a weeked and certainly not a holiday weekend. There are plenty of coves that are more suitable. Gasoline Alley and what goes on in there is no secret. I will tell you that if you go to the 12 mile marker and come back 2-3 coves there is a beautiful cove there with a reasonable rock to jump off of for the kids. It is a family cove. The wild burros even come down into the cove and you can hand feed them at times. In other words the lake is big enough for all of us. There are times to party and times to kick back. Mohave offers both.

future boater
09-04-2002, 11:19 PM
i have a question. why is it that the term "WHITE TRASH" can be thrown around and the term nigger can not eek! ? go ahead boys slam away! :rolleyes:

HighRoller
09-04-2002, 11:32 PM
HD&B I get your drift,I live here by Lake Mohave and it's a very nice lake but due to the kind of thing I was talking about I heard Gas Alley got shut down.So after the police shut down cove after cove and restrict areas from boaters what do we do then?Have we not learned a lesson from PWC's?They've made such a nuisance of themselves that they are getting banned from lakes at a rapid rate!All I'm saying is have an ounce of respect for yourself,your fellow boaters,and the place where you boat.

snappertapper
09-05-2002, 03:46 AM
Future Boater i 110% agree with you

Tom Foolery
09-05-2002, 06:43 AM
HighRoller:
HD&B I get your drift,I live here by Lake Mohave and it's a very nice lake but due to the kind of thing I was talking about I heard Gas Alley got shut down.So after the police shut down cove after cove and restrict areas from boaters what do we do then?Did they shut down Gasoline Alley permanently or was it just for the weekend?

hd&boatrider
09-05-2002, 06:54 AM
HR-----I understand your point HR. I hope it does not happen and do not want Mohave to become just like Lake Havasu or Parker. I was in Gasoline Alley each day over the weekend but on Sunday I saw things were totally out of hand. I had to get out of there temporarily to regain my sanity. When I came back it was shut down and empty.
TF-----It was just shut down for the day, Sunday.

PipesClean
09-05-2002, 07:45 AM
OOOOOO.KKKKKKKKKKK.

cigarette1
09-05-2002, 11:24 AM
future boater:
i have a question. why is it that the term "WHITE TRASH" can be thrown around and the term nigger can not eek! ? go ahead boys slam away! :rolleyes: Actually, the term "nigger" can be thrown around, BUT NOT IN MIXED COMPANY and I don't think "white trash" is thrown around in mixed company.
Is it being thrown around here because most people on this message board think that only white people boat and party???
:rolleyes:
One more thing .... Why do you ask???
[ September 05, 2002, 04:18 PM: Message edited by: cigarette1 ]

canutowme
09-05-2002, 11:38 AM
WHAT! OTHER PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT WHITE BOAT AND PARTY TOO! UNBELIEVABLE!

PleasantBoater
09-05-2002, 12:10 PM
I sell what you consider to be "white trash" boats for a living and believe that you are doing the same thing that us "white trash" boaters do when it comes to Lake Lice. Not all boaters with the big boats are rude, and most certainly not all women that you see on these boats have "plastic rigs" on their chests. I am most every weekend and will attest to the fact that my boobs are real.
The thing that everyone, no matter what type of watercraft you own, needs to remember is that they are not the only person on the water. Not only should you be courteous to others and respect what I will refer to as their space, but you also need to keep an eye out for the idiots on jet skis, in jet boats, pontoon boats, offshore performance boats and even kayaks who are just boat retarded. Unfortunately not everyone is blessed with good boating etiquette. Just remember that one or two bad boaters don't comprise the entire sector who own that type of boat.
I will give you a heads up though...If you don't wanna get blasted by the "white trash" boats, you might want to stay away from Havasu the weekend of October 4th and 5th. We will be out in force for the Fall Heatwave Poker Run...and at the Spring Run, one of those "white trash" boats just happened to save a professional water skiers life as her and her father were about 8 feet under water. How's that for good boating etiquette?

Jordy
09-05-2002, 12:19 PM
??????????
Jordy :confused:

Horsepowerchik
09-05-2002, 12:31 PM
Ah Men RD..My thoughts exactly. There is a time and place for everyhting, and an time and place not to. But Wrong or Right...Freaky shit will happen on the River, more likely on BIG weekends.
Kids + Big Weekends= Unsafe, Inappropriate.
Just my .02.
HPChik

1stepcloser
09-05-2002, 12:56 PM
RiverDave
You can't hardly drink anymore as a boat owner.
RDJust had to go there huh dave? wink

TrojanDan
09-05-2002, 01:02 PM
Horsepowerchik:
HPChikSo I guess those families who are fortunate enough to live at the river either have to stay indoors all weekend or go out of town??? That would kinda suck.

Havasu Cig
09-05-2002, 01:14 PM
I agree with RD 100 %.
Trojan Dan, I think it has already been said, but Mojave and Havasu are fairly large lakes with alot of places to hang out. There are only a few places that get a little out of control. You have to pick where you want to go and where you don't.

ROZ
09-05-2002, 01:36 PM
1stepcloser:
RiverDave
You can't hardly drink anymore as a boat owner.
RDJust had to go there huh dave? wink eek!

boatnam2
09-05-2002, 01:38 PM
i think some fu-king dads just dont use there heads.iv'e seen it a hundred times at the sandbar at parker and almost got in a fight with a guy 2 years ago over it and i wasn't doing anything but some people next to me were. .you see a boat with 20 chicks on it dancing getting all tore up and you know whats going to happen and then all the sudden some f--king idiot with a 5 8 and 10 year old kids pulls up and anchors right next to them.i mean come on it is two weekends a year there is more than enough summer weekends to spend with your kids at the river, use your fu--ing head.if you live on the river you should know even more than the guy that dont live there where and where not to go on memorial and labor day.i have a 10 year old daughter and could take her on both those weekends and spend the whole weekend on the river and never see nothing but chose not to because of the danger factor.would anybody take there 10yrold daughter down bourbon street during marti-gra and 12 midnite f--k no but why not everyone has a right to be there come on. the guys that have a problem at the sandbar need to get a grip.the camp ground now thats another story!

25Elmn8r
09-05-2002, 02:07 PM
Havasu Cig:
Mojave and Havasu are fairly large lakes with alot of places to hang out. There are only a few places that get a little out of control. You have to pick where you want to go and where you don't.It is very easy to go on a big weekend with your kids. Not that I do, but if I chose to I just wouldn't go to those places, ie:sandbar, copper canyon. You could hang out at the lower part of havasu all day and not see any of that filth wink You could also run up to the Needles area or even up to Mojave and have a great family friendly time. Just use your brain a little and make the right choices. If you can't do that then STAY HOME.

WILDERTHANU54
09-05-2002, 02:10 PM
[QUOTE]But on memorial day, labor day, and the 4th of july you gotta ask yourself what in the "F" are these people thinking bringing kids to the sand bars at the river?[QUOTE]
WHEN I WAS YOUNGER I ALMOST NEVER GOT TO GO EVEN CLOSE TO THE CRAZY SHIT (THEN SUNDANCE DURING THE DAY). I REMEMBER MY DAD AND ALL HIS FRIENDS TAKING OFF AS I STAYED ON THE BEACH DREAMING THAT SOME DAY I COULD GO CHECK IT OUT. WELL THESE DAYS I'M THERE, MY DAD AND HIS FRIENDS ARE STILL OUT THERE TOO!!! ON THE BIG WEEKENDS THE SANDBAR IS THE SANDBAR!!! IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT GO "FLOAT"!!!!! GUESS I'M "WHITE TRASH" eek! :D
GEOFF

diggler
09-05-2002, 02:37 PM
WILDERTHANU54:
[QUOTE] WHEN I WAS YOUNGER I ALMOST NEVER GOT TO GO EVEN CLOSE TO THE CRAZY SHIT (THEN SUNDANCE DURING THE DAY). I REMEMBER MY DAD AND ALL HIS FRIENDS TAKING OFF AS I STAYED ON THE BEACH DREAMING THAT SOME DAY I COULD GO CHECK IT OUT.
GEOFFI was eight years old with my dad in the boat. Earlier in the day he had knocked my glasses off into the water and I couldn't see shit for the rest of the day. Well, we got around some crazy stuff with topless women, etc. All the while I'm swimming around not noticing anything in particular since I COULDN'T SEE! He asked me later that day after I left if I thought anything was different about this trip. My response: "Well, the water was warmer!"

Trash
09-05-2002, 03:10 PM
So just because its a major holiday only those without kids are allowed to the sandbar? My little 2 year old loves to run around the sandbar. And because others choose to get a little extreme means my family is not allowed in these areas? Sure I could go elsewhere, but why not everyone else? The logic doesn't hold. Everyone can drink their beer, have a good time, but if kids are around, take the displays and erotica down below in the stabbin' cabin.

Her454
09-05-2002, 03:12 PM
Speaking as a mom...... Im the first one to drop anchor and have a good time but I would not even consider taking my teenage daughter out on big weekends. I lived there for many years and grew up on the river and we saved the kid days for during the week and went to calmer waters on the big weekends. Its dangerous (especially in a 19ft jet) with the bigger boats and its not a place I want my kid, period. You are not going to stop people from getting wild in a public display, and unfortunatly, they obviously do not care if children are around -. As far as "white trash" goes, thats a little harsh and unfair labeling of "the bigger more expensive boats" as you put it. The bottom line is, YOU know whats out there - if you dont want your kids seeing it, dont take them - or take them elsewhere.
My 02.
[ September 05, 2002, 04:15 PM: Message edited by: Her454 ]

Her454
09-05-2002, 03:20 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Trash:
So just because its a major holiday only those without kids are allowed to the sandbar? My little 2 year old loves to run around the sandbar. And because others choose to get a little extreme means my family is not allowed in these areas? Sure I could go elsewhere, but why not everyone else? The logic doesn't hold. Everyone can drink their beer, have a good time, but if kids are around, take the displays and erotica down below in the stabbin' cabin.
I totally agree it should be taken down below in the "stabin cabin" but the sandbar has a reputation for a behaviour not conducent to a 2 year old on big weekends and MOST everyone that goes to the sandbar knows this, and thats why they go..........or dont go. When you take your kids to the fair, do you take them to the beer gardens where fights break out and things get nasty sometimes. Maybe not a great analogy but....

waxer
09-05-2002, 03:35 PM
Sorry, As a father of two girls (13 & 15) I would not take them anywhere near the sandbar, Its my responsibility as a father. JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE THE RIGHT DOESN"T MAKE IT RIGHT. I would just find a cove like the earlier post indicated, I would rather want to hang out with other family's than a buch of over the top partiers. Now if I could get just the wife to hang there on a party weekend the nudity would be fine (never gonna happen not in a million years)

WaltersCamp
09-05-2002, 03:38 PM
I'll never have kids for this very reason. wink

boatnam2
09-05-2002, 03:45 PM
trash i can tell your one of those guys that would pull up to a boat load of naked chicks and get pissed at everyone that your kids has to see that but to prove the point that you and your kid belong there that weenkend just like everyone else.this is the mentality im talking about.there is 50 miles of sand beaches along havasu that his kid can run on, but i need to be at the sandbar with 5000 drunken fools getting naked the 2 weekends out of the year with my kid because i have the right to.i mostly think its a cop out so dads can check out some botty.i dont make the rules just play by them.

Havasu Cig
09-05-2002, 03:49 PM
Trash:
So just because its a major holiday only those without kids are allowed to the sandbar? My little 2 year old loves to run around the sandbar. And because others choose to get a little extreme means my family is not allowed in these areas? Sure I could go elsewhere, but why not everyone else? The logic doesn't hold. Everyone can drink their beer, have a good time, but if kids are around, take the displays and erotica down below in the stabbin' cabin.So just because you and maybe a few others don't like it the hundreds or thousands of other people at the Sanbar should leave? That does not make sense. The majority of the people that go the the Sandbar go there to party and get a little wild, and the majority should rule.
We went out there last month with 3 other families with kids. We stayed away from the Sandbar and Copper Canyon the entire weekend. We found some nice beaches and anchored out and still had fun.

CA Stu
09-05-2002, 03:52 PM
WaltersCamp:
I'll never have kids for this very reason. wink Your loss, pal. wink
Kids kick ass! :D
CA Stu
Father of 2 great beer fetching future designated drivers.

Havasu_Dreamin
09-05-2002, 04:02 PM
There are plenty of places at Havasu to go on the big weekends and avoid what it is you want to avoid, whatever that may be. I have a place in Havasu and I just avoid the the lake on the busy weekends. That's my choice, as it is your choice to go to the Sandbar and/or Copper Canyon, but you all know what to expect on those weekends and it is not going to change. that being said, if you ahve a problem iwth what goes on at Copper and/or the Sandbar, avoid it. No use getting in a fight with a bunch of people over something YOU don't approve of.
I'm not married nor do I have any kids but there is no way I would take any kids to the Sandbar and/or Copper on a big weekend.
It's like taxes, no one likes to pay them, but you do and you deal with it. Well, that's how the sandbar and copper are on big weekends, you may not like it but it will always be there, so, deal with it.

boatnam2
09-05-2002, 04:02 PM
kids are the best and we love to go together to the river,but to take mine to the sandbar on memeorial weekend because i have the right to be there just like anyone else is stupid.next your going to be telling me girls should be able to play golf at agusta.j/k

mbrown2
09-05-2002, 04:35 PM
It all timing...we don't have kid's but we have kid weekends where we bring the all the nieces and nephews and neighbor kids up to enjoy themselves...we take them to the foam party for kids, and we even take them to roadrunner for an early lunch when people are still recovering from hangovers and are running at half speed (they enjoy jumping in the water and playing on the beach), but I would not take them to Roadrunner or the Sandbar's in the early afternoon when things are starting to get warmed up...it would be like trying to bring kids to a wild club; gotta use common sense. We know when that stuff goes on at those places, so I have a choice to go or not go, and the majority of those in the spots in the later afternoon seem to enjoy that activity as I do on the non-kids weekends. With kids we choose not to go; without kids, we drop anchor and turn up the volume.

RiverDave2
09-05-2002, 06:21 PM
TrojanDan:
Horsepowerchik:
HPChikSo I guess those families who are fortunate enough to live at the river either have to stay indoors all weekend or go out of town??? That would kinda suck.I would say that the people that live there are
A. For the most part perfectly aware of the situation becuase of the fact that they live there.
B. Fortunate that places like the ones that they live in allow this sorta thing to go on which brings in the partyers/tourists which spend the money in the local economy so that they can have a job.
C. Can go to the sandbar next weekend.
RD

wsm9808
09-05-2002, 07:07 PM
People are going to party. We used to hang out in a parking lot "on the drag". Everyone out on any given night would be at that parking lot, it was the place to be. One patrol car could keep watch on the whole thing. But alas, some dumbass do gooder complained and the place was closed down. Did things change, hell yea, everyone was still partying, but sence it is illeagle to park and party, everyone just drove around raising hell and getting drunk. Lots of wrecks, vandalisem, criminal mischif, all kinds of bull crap. Cops are spred out all over the city and cant keep up with everything going on.
If you live on the river I think you should be glad people gather at the sandbar- you know what is going on and where. Shut it down and that senerio of yours with all the crap ending up on someones street, just might end up on your street. Cause, people are going to party. Go there when you want to party, and use the other 99.9 percent of the lake when you are with the kids. Damn fools, your way better off with all the drunks PARKED and happy in one spot than you would be with them running wild, WFO, all over the lake.
[ September 05, 2002, 08:38 PM: Message edited by: wsm9808 ]

sandblasted
09-05-2002, 09:05 PM
My simple solution to this since I have kids is to do at least 1 or 2 "adult only" trips to the river during the summer. then we can hit the sandbar, topock, Lazy Harry's or whatever and not worry about it...the rest of the trips we hang out in the laughlin lagoon or go to lake San antonio and let the kids swim...

Super D
09-05-2002, 09:41 PM
It's just common sense! My wife doesn't dig all the hoochy stuff so we avoid big weekends and go where it's "more relaxing" on the water. I save the sandbar for the guy trips.

WaltersCamp
09-06-2002, 06:18 AM
CA Stu:
WaltersCamp:
I'll never have kids for this very reason. wink Your loss, pal. wink
Kids kick ass! :D
CA Stu
Father of 2 great beer fetching future designated drivers.Yep, that's what they all say. But I'm not falling for it. :D

Charley
09-06-2002, 07:20 AM
WaltersCamp:
I'll never have kids for this very reason. wink your loss wink

Charley
09-06-2002, 07:21 AM
Yo walters camp.... i kid you not I didn't even see your reply... I saw his and just posted hahaha...I forgot too add Kids kick ass! :D :D :D

Charley
09-06-2002, 07:34 AM
Now on to the deal at hand.... EVERYONE KNOWS the sandbar and a few other choice locations are "WILD" ... I think public sex is beyond what I could be cool with.....I think flashing Tits is gonna happen, I just wish a little bit of good judgement in "TIMING" might be offered by the TRAMPS(gotta love em) flashing...... If my 12 year old see's some Tits I'm still better with that than him seeing a Fight going on....I guess my point is, I as a parent get an evolving opinion about what happens at the sandbar.... If it crosses my line, I shouldn't take my kid's there...So....stop yer bitching about what other people do....you cannot control other peoples actions! just do what you can do for your family/kids and make an appropriate decision.....ONCE AGAIN STOP YER BITCHING> THE ONLY THING YOU CAN REALLY CONTROL AT THE RIVER IS WHERE YOU PARK YER ASS AND YER BOAT!

THOR
09-06-2002, 08:10 AM
I'll jump in. I am trying to have kids now, and I can only wait to take them to the river and let them enjoy as much fun as I had when I was a youngster. I doubt I will give them a box of beads and drop them off at the sand bar, but we will find a cool spot to have fun.

Lakemead1
09-06-2002, 08:39 AM
I'll jump in. I am trying to have kids now Hey bud, let me know if you want me to draw ya a picture :D hehehe
Ms. LM1 is jealous you So. Cal. contingent (RL, RivertoyJas, etc.) get to hang out on the weekends, she's planning a trip, so get that couch cleaned off!
As far as the topic at hand, I gotta agree with HD, RD, etc. I don't have kids, will in a few years, but I'll probably just hang at Mead and Mohave with them when I do. The lakes are bigger and you don't see near the amount of porn as you do at CC and Sandbar. In fact, I've never once seen boobies here :(
If I were to go to Havasu, I'd get someone to take the kids for the weekend, that stuff isn't appropriate for kids to see, but I would feel it's my responsibility to keep my kids away from that stuff, not someone elses responsibility NOT to do it? That just doesn't make sense - you can't control the world!

WaltersCamp
09-06-2002, 08:43 AM
Charley:
Yo walters camp.... i kid you not I didn't even see your reply... I saw his and just posted hahaha...I forgot too add Kids kick ass! :D :D :D Yep, I'm selfish. At least I can say it. :D
Kids aren't for everyone.
[ September 06, 2002, 09:44 AM: Message edited by: WaltersCamp ]

HM
09-06-2002, 09:04 AM
HR has a point in that all the HOT SPOTS actually started out as family hangouts, and was taken over by the partiers.
What I think what happens, is tha the families find a new spot to hang, there not looking for action, just a good place to anchor and hang out. They bring a couple of new friends and tell some others to meet them there. Pretty soon it becomes an official hang out spot, and on any given day, someone will be there. In the mean time, the latest Party spot has been shut down, and now they need a good place to go - guess where they go?
I have never seen a party spot (with the exception of a bar like Sundance) ever get started on its own.
I took a mild flaming in another post trying to get a family outing going. I did not criticize the craziness that goes on at the river, but was looking for people who wanted to hang at the river in a more modest and reserved type of family atmoshpere. I think some people think because I did not want an outing with that kind of craziness going on that I thought it was wrong.
It is almost impossible to go to Parker or Havasu, even on off week middle of the week, and not see some of this stuff even when you stay away from the known spots. Even at Mohave, two weeks ago on a house boat trip north of Cottonwood, we encountered stuff we didn't think we would.
RD is right in that yah, this is the river and you know it is here, so use your common sense.
HR is right in that our family spots get taken away by the partiers looking for the next hot spot since the last one was closed - and the attitude is "don't like it, too bad!". If it is too bad, why do the cops shut these places down?
The downside is that if they keep having to aggresively shut these places down, it hurts all of us! Just like Glamis, we will see a trend to start shutting waterways down.---"Don't like it, too bad!" Thanks.
I think that when the spots get really bad, that the group is no longer made up of the original river crowd, but is made up of mental midgets who don't give a **** about what the consequences are of the place they are at. They will just go to the next place, with the same results.
Interesting ? - Why is it that none of the family spots get shut down by the cops?

Lakemead1
09-06-2002, 09:44 AM
RD, maybe I don't go to the right places, we usually hang out at one beach. The beach gets packed, but no boobies :rolleyes: or at least I haven't seen them.
Now, as to the contest over thing. I call BS, if you're talking about a contest as to who's gettin' naked first, we lose hands down. We have a ton of fun, but I serioudly doubt you'll see any boobies out of our group eek!
That having been said, I thought it was a "who's chicks are hotter" thing, in which case the LVHB girls are all attractive, I wouldn't kick any of em out of my bed :D LOL
As much as I like the boobies, I really like boating and hanging out at the beach, boobies or no boobies wink I get plenty of boobies at home from Ms. LM1 :)
Proper environment? Well, any environment is proper as long as there's silvers, boats, tunes, chicks, fun! They get smashed no doubt. The Ms. did 8 beer bongs before 11:30 at the sandbar and passed out the rest of the day last time - that sucked, I had to take care of her drunk ass. Drunk girls can be no fun if you're responsible for them :D
And we're coming! I wouldn't miss the RiverRacerX Poker run for anything!
hmmmm, are you still going to make it?

gnarley
09-06-2002, 10:33 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by wsm9808:
If you live on the river I think you should be glad people gather at the sandbar- you know what is going on and where. Shut it down and that senerio of yours with all the crap ending up on someones street, just might end up on your street. Cause, people are going to party.
wsm9808, If they don't allow everyone to gather around Havasu around beach areas or in the water as lots of us did on the streets in our past these groups of people aren't going to gather elsewhere in the streets around Havasu I don't think, they go there for the water to keep cool don't they & if they couldn't do that then why go & get baked in the heat?

SchellSchock
09-06-2002, 11:14 AM
This is another example of the few wanting to impose their opinion on the many. If you don/t want your kids seeing something it is your responsibility to make sure they don't see it. I get so sick of some whinney a** creatin a big deal over nuthin. Maybe we should stop allowing "R" rated movies because you don't want your kids to see em. What a crock. I have raised 4 kids to adulthood, and it was my call what they see or don't. Get a fr***en grip. I might add I don't go to any of the areas mentioned because it isn't my cup of tea, but I'm not about to impose that on any one else. If you don't like it DON'T GO !!!!!

nhbuoy
09-06-2002, 11:19 AM
HOLY SHITE !!!!! I'm sure glad I do my boating on the EAST COAST oceans & lakes!!!!!!!!! Your "type" of "boating"(EG:drinking till you puke,chix trying to prove who's got the "best" set of fake boobs,raggin on those that don't have a $100K boat that goes 100MPH(and thinking you're sooo SUPERIOR to the general public...NOT!!!)& people who actually (GASP) have/bring children out on YOUR lake & (GASP) have the AUDICITY to pull up to YOUR silly sandbar, YOU my friends SOUND like children...AND trying to JUSTIFY getting HAMMERED & DRIVING a boat while in that condition is REALLY STUPID. By the sounds of it though I probably don't have to worry about too much boat traffic in the near future because the herd will thin itself...you'll probably take each other OUT!!! Sounds typically west coast self centered reasoning.... BTW...LOVED that thread about drinking & boating, you sure convinced me it's OK...ESP.that BONEHEAD that said he could dock his boat BETTER when he's BIFFED!!! GREETINGS FROM THE UNCROWDED, MOSTLY HOSPITABLE & WAY MORE FUN EAST COAST!!!!!!

THOR
09-06-2002, 11:47 AM
LM,
There were boobies at Sandy when we tied up together. And, from what I hear, there are now as well. You just need to be more attentive my son.
RD,
I already told you. Dont come to RRX. You're just gonna get us shot. wink

gnarley
09-06-2002, 11:57 AM
It's kind of funny and sad reading & thinking about this thread.
I've never been to Havasu & don't really care if I do, If I did, it just sounds like another place I could say been-there-done-that. It also sounds like sooooo many other places that were spoiled when they became over crowded & popular like nice neighborhoods or towns or parks that were invaded by people who loved what they found but changed what they found to the point it was no longer what they came for, then they left it so scared that no one wanted to come back until the local economy collapsed because the locals who were there went somewhere else to open there business and live the way they used to.
Think about it frown

Lakemead1
09-06-2002, 12:09 PM
DAMMIT! My boobie radar musn't have been functioning that day :mad:

dlerch
09-06-2002, 12:17 PM
very interesting! eek!

HM
09-06-2002, 12:46 PM
gnarley:
It's kind of funny and sad reading & thinking about this thread.
I've never been to Havasu & don't really care if I do, If I did, it just sounds like another place I could say been-there-done-that. It also sounds like sooooo many other places that were spoiled when they became over crowded & popular like nice neighborhoods or towns or parks that were invaded by people who loved what they found but changed what they found to the point it was no longer what they came for, then they left it so scared that no one wanted to come back until the local economy collapsed because the locals who were there went somewhere else to open there business and live the way they used to.
Think about it :(Well said.
The comment was made that "a few are trying to impose their view on the rest" seems to only apply to people that are actually concerned about actions and consequences. I guess the "few" people who show everyone what they got and hump or suck anything in sight, IN PUBLIC, is not imposing their view on anyone?
There is a large gray area of what is too much. I think when the cops show up and the place gets shut down and people get arrested, I think that might be a clue that it was too much. How dare those cops force their views on us! wink

cigarette1
09-06-2002, 01:24 PM
It will be too much when one of these Ho's get gang raped on the sandbar ... but then it will be the fault of MTV or white Trash or Niggers or Mexican Gangbangers ... but it won't be the fault of the pimps or the Ho's flashing their tits and boxes, sucking someones cock in PUBLIC, eating another ho's pussy in PUBLIC all around a bunch of horny, drunk out of control SOB's
My $.25
By the way, I'm not interested in sitting in the channel all day or standing around the sandbar all day. If I need to see some strange, I'll make a trip to the Rhino :D

gnarley
09-06-2002, 01:32 PM
Come to think of it this thread is a WARNING sign to those who enjoy this area.
IF you continue to abuse your rights someone else will change them so you don't have the right to do what you want at those places ANYMORE! They could pass regulations that didn't allow anyone to anchor ANYWHERE and SPEED LIMITS AND on and ON. eek! Look what they have done with Yosemite... to crowded & out of control, so now they limit how many may come & enter the park & if you don't have reservations or get there early your SOL.
Then you have to find another place to go & it won’t be the same as that great place that used to be so fun.
My $1.25
[ September 06, 2002, 02:36 PM: Message edited by: gnarley ]

HM
09-06-2002, 01:43 PM
What about Glamis? Look at what happened there!!! The Treehugging groups are just waiting for good reason to shut the earth down.

Lakemead1
09-06-2002, 01:44 PM
maybe I'm not spending enough time in Havasu to see all of this stuff, but I've never seen anything but some boobies (my boobie radar was functioning properly that trip :D )
One time we saw them film a porno down there on top of a houseboat, but that's the worst thing we've ever seen, and that was just once. Where was I when girls were blowing guys at random :confused:
Point being, that it must be there, but I go to Mead so I dont see it. We make maybe two trips a year to Havasu. It just gets too crowded, and the water is about as bad as Mead on a busy weekend. It's a great lake, but bigger lake = less crowded right Thor? wink
I would say though that if the cops are shutting it down (sandbar) then eventually they'll just keep it closed, that would suck! Isn't it always closed on big weekends anyway?

nhbuoy
09-06-2002, 01:59 PM
Seems to me that BWI, INDECENT EXPOSURE, & PUBLIC SODOMY are aagainst the law in your neck of the woods?????? WHAT IS THE ARGUMENT???????? The previous writers are TOTALLY RIGHT!!!! You guys are going to screw everything up EVERYONE & you can't blame anyone but YOURSELVES!!!!!! MAYBE THEN I might want to go there to boat W/O all you lushes & strippers!!!!!!!!!! eek! eek!

Havasu Cig
09-06-2002, 02:36 PM
The reason the Sandbar was shut down was because of violence. There were gang members showing up on the big weekends and it got out of control with some stabbings ect... That is what I was told by local law enforcement. I don't think the nudity played a big role in the decision.
As far as East Coast Vs. West Coast, I have several friends that have permanently relocated to So.Cal. from the East Coast and there is no way they would go back. Once they live out here for a while in the warm weather they see the light.
BTW: Two of them are from Boston right in your neck of the woods. Have a nice winter :cool:
[ September 06, 2002, 03:39 PM: Message edited by: Havasu Cig ]

cigarette1
09-06-2002, 02:45 PM
Havasu Cig:
The reason the Sandbar was shut down was because of violence. There were gang members showing up on the big weekends and it got out of control with some stabbings ect... That is what I was told by local law enforcement. I don't think the nudity played a big role in the decision.
My Cigarette Brother ... do you think there would be any gangbangers at the sandbar if there were no naked ho's freakin' each other in public?
wink

Tom Foolery
09-06-2002, 02:47 PM
HolyMoly:
I took a mild flaming in another post trying to get a family outing going. I did not criticize the craziness that goes on at the river, but was looking for people who wanted to hang at the river in a more modest and reserved type of family atmoshpere. I think some people think because I did not want an outing with that kind of craziness going on that I thought it was wrong.
Yeah, i think a few people totally missed your point. Just because you don't want the wild life for Cole doesn't mean its wrong. He's just still too young to join in. Amie & I would love to hang out & have a mellow weekend anytime. We'll just have to check her bags before we leave to make sure she isn't trying to take him home. She still talks about how cute he is. :rolleyes:
I grew up boating on Mohave with the family type atmosphere, and 90% of my trips are still the family type. There is nothing wrong with the wild side of the river, I know where to go when I want it and I'm glad its there when I do. I know when I have kids they will eventually get to see that side & join in if they want, but not until they grow up a bit.

RiverDave2
09-06-2002, 03:24 PM
nhbuoy:
Seems to me that BWI, INDECENT EXPOSURE, & PUBLIC SODOMY are aagainst the law in your neck of the woods?????? WHAT IS THE ARGUMENT???????? The previous writers are TOTALLY RIGHT!!!! You guys are going to screw everything up EVERYONE & you can't blame anyone but YOURSELVES!!!!!! MAYBE THEN I might want to go there to boat W/O all you lushes & strippers!!!!!!!!!! eek! eek! Just so long as your back in time for Church on Sunday right?
I swear to god certain south American countries are looking better and better each year to go party at. I've heard nothing but good things about Bolese (spelling?). I know a couple of Bar owners down there and there description of it is.. "It's what the river used to be."
RD

78Eliminator
09-06-2002, 03:31 PM
RiverDave2:
I swear to god certain south American countries are looking better and better each year to go party at. I've heard nothing but good things about Bolese (spelling?). I know a couple of Bar owners down there and there description of it is.. "It's what the river used to be."
RDYou know, when I was a kid the river was a desolate waste land. I kinda liked it that way, but then agian the sandbars can be pretty cool. I just enjoy every aspect. You have to admit Dave, sometimes you want to go over the top and other days you want to just take a mellow cruise... Tits and ass and a bunch of drunk shitheads wall to wall would get old. Diversity my boy, diversity.
Justin

RiverDave2
09-06-2002, 03:40 PM
78Eliminator:
RiverDave2:
RDYou know, when I was a kid the river was a desolate waste land. I kinda liked it that way, but then agian the sandbars can be pretty cool. I just enjoy every aspect. You have to admit Dave, sometimes you want to go over the top and other days you want to just take a mellow cruise... Tits and ass and a bunch of drunk shitheads wall to wall would get old. Diversity my boy, diversity.
JustinJustin reread your post and you will see that you just proved every point that I was trying to make.
Drunks and T & A are pretty localized on most the party spots.. I.E. the SandBars (usually) and certain coves etc.. If your looking for mellow why in the hell would you go there and bitch about what you see while your there?
If your looking to be alone go to blythe or something.. lot less boaters down there.
RD

78Eliminator
09-06-2002, 03:52 PM
RiverDave2:
If your looking for mellow why in the hell would you go there and bitch about what you see while your there?
If your looking to be alone go to blythe or something.. lot less boaters down there.
RDRD, I was just agreeing with you. Like you said, you had fun with your girlfriend and her kids and you also like to live it up and do dive bombs through the foam. Geez. Defensive.
Justin "Peace and Love"

Jordy
09-06-2002, 03:52 PM
It's all in what you are looking for when you go to the lake. Even the local Phoenix lakes have the party spots. There is a cove at Lake Pleasant that I have heard will rival Havasu as far as boobies go. Hell, the beach at Saguaro goes off in the summer and I have seen the same things happening there that I have at Havasu. Bottom line, if I am looking for a quiet day at the lake with my chick, I will head to Bartlett, find a nice sandy cove and not have another boat pull up next to us. If I want to go party, I head to the beach at Saguaro. If you want to play the ignorant card and act like you dont know what goes on in these areas you are just fooling yourself.
Jordy :D
Much like Glamis, if you go looking for trouble, you most certainly will find it. If you want a quiet weekend duning, you can do that too.

HM
09-06-2002, 04:00 PM
jordanpaulk:
It's all in what you are looking for when you go to the lake. Even the local Phoenix lakes have the party spots. There is a cove at Lake Pleasant that I have heard will rival Havasu as far as boobies go. Hell, the beach at Saguaro goes off in the summer and I have seen the same things happening there that I have at Havasu. Bottom line, if I am looking for a quiet day at the lake with my chick, I will head to Bartlett, find a nice sandy cove and not have another boat pull up next to us. If I want to go party, I head to the beach at Saguaro. If you want to play the ignorant card and act like you dont know what goes on in these areas you are just fooling yourself.
Much like Glamis, if you go looking for trouble, you most certainly will find it. If you want a quiet weekend duning, you can do that too.Jordy,
I was refering to all the areas that have been shut down at Glamis. Glamis is easy to find without many people - it is really only crowded 3 weekends a year. Everthing else is wide open. The people that come on the big weekends are not Glamis fans anyways. Most of them show up in pick-ups with a bunch a sausages in the back.
i haven't been to Glamis, except the trash pickup events, in a while. I sold all my sand toys last year - as they were all two seaters, and right now, I will need a 4 seater at the end of November.

wsm9808
09-06-2002, 04:34 PM
gnarley, I didnt literally mean people would leave the lake and head for the streets. Someone posted elsewhere the thought that echoed what I ment. If you close down one part of the lake, the partiers will just start to gather somewhere else. The "your street" just ment they might end up at part of the lake you live near and hang out the most.

Lakemead1
09-06-2002, 04:54 PM
stupid question Jordy,
What did happen at Glamis? Don't live there anymore and never into the motocross scene.
Curious
Greg

Jordy
09-06-2002, 05:11 PM
Glamis has turned into a huge law enforcement problem. 100,000 people plus with 50 cops on any major weekend until lately. Now the environmentalists step in and decide there is an "endangered milk weed" growing out there and the dunes should be closed down because of it. They managed to close down a major portion of the dunes to people and vehicles. Come to find out, the weed grows better with the sand being stirred up. So there is a big battle in court over this weed. But in the mean time they now bus huge amounts of law enforcement into the area on major weekends. LAPD has a full time undercover gang task force working the area. It's all kinds of fun. Lots of jackasses show up, camp and party for the weekend, then leave and dont take any of their trash with them. Lots of "sand fleas" from Brawley like to come out and cause problems too.
If I left anything out, somebody jump in.

Lakemead1
09-06-2002, 05:13 PM
sand fleas :D
almost like lake lice huh? wink
Got it, bummer that stuff happens, I would be crushed if it happens to our lakes frown

sandblasted
09-06-2002, 07:53 PM
Man, this thread gets better and better..
The sandbar, channel, Copper Canyon or gasoline alley are all well known party spots...If you go there with kids and expect it to be like sunday school you are just plain ignorant...These spots are well known for the same kind of activity you will see at Mardi Gras or any bar in Rosarito beach, Ensenada or Cabo San Lucas...
I make a trip down to mexico at least once a year to party my ass off, i don't bring kids but if i did i could find plenty to do without taking them to Papas and Beer!...It's the same thing at the river..I take them about 3 times a year and they never see any nudity...you can go almost anywhere on the river and have a great family weekend...
If you want a crazy kick ass party then you can find that too....nothing wrong with some fine babes showing their jubilees or sticking on a few pasties...
The only thing I don't want to see is people having sex in public...but maybe I'm old fashioned...I still think sex is something private between 2 people, or 3 if you can convince you chick's friend to join in.. wink

HM
09-06-2002, 08:17 PM
jordanpaulk:
Glamis has turned into a huge law enforcement problem. 100,000 people plus with 50 cops on any major weekend until lately. Now the environmentalists step in and decide there is an "endangered milk weed" growing out there and the dunes should be closed down because of it. They managed to close down a major portion of the dunes to people and vehicles. Come to find out, the weed grows better with the sand being stirred up. So there is a big battle in court over this weed. But in the mean time they now bus huge amounts of law enforcement into the area on major weekends. LAPD has a full time undercover gang task force working the area. It's all kinds of fun. Lots of jackasses show up, camp and party for the weekend, then leave and dont take any of their trash with them. Lots of "sand fleas" from Brawley like to come out and cause problems too.
If I left anything out, somebody jump in.
Jordy :D The gang thing is nutty.
My buddy told me the cops were in full riot gear last New Years at Comp hill. His whole group turned around and left. He talked to a cop the next day and there had been a rumor that 2 or 3 gangs were going to face off and take as many innocent by-standers as possible. Did not happen, but they did have a number of Buggy-jackings at gun point, with one guy gettin shot in the ear. :rolleyes:

Jordy
09-06-2002, 08:29 PM
When did gangsters take to the lake and dunes?
I guess last year the taskforce stopped a U-Haul full of stolen bikes and quads. The owners who had noticed them missing had tracked it down to the same place and were begging the cops to look the other way. The hill at night has gotten out of control as have the drags. At least 75% of the problems at the hill at night would go away if they would close it off to pickup trucks. Loads of people head out in trucks looking for trouble and leaving trash behind. These are the jackasses who dig trenches and kick sand on people who get stuck going through them. This year, I believe it was New Years, the rangers landed a helicopter at the top of the hill and another one at the bottom and told everyone to go home. They need a stronger ranger presence to scare some of these assholes off, kinda like the knife fights and shootings at the sandbar at Havasu.
Jordy :mad:

boatnam2
09-06-2002, 09:25 PM
im glad parker dosent have much more room to grow.havasu on the other hand hate to see it in 10 years.

rccobra
09-06-2002, 09:36 PM
When did gasoline alley become such a hot party spot? I've been going to mohave for 15+yrs ,take it, I do not go on major holiday weekends anymore, but I have never seen anything other than people having fun jumping off the rocks. We always take the kids down there. When we don't have the kids we cruise down to Havasu or Parker for some fun. Mohave has always been a more family friendly area, in my opinion. And I hope it stays that way!

HM
09-06-2002, 11:54 PM
Like I said before, there is a gray area. I think many people, like HighRoller think it is getting out of the gray and into "it is time to do something about it" area. And you know what? the law is on their side! - just look at what happened to the smokers in CA!
If you want to avoid the crappy laws like the CA smoking law, you better check-yo-sef befo-you-wreck-yo-sef! In english, show some regard for the other river users, and people will leave you alone. It does not get any simpler than that.

rccobra
09-07-2002, 12:23 AM
In english, show some regard for the other river users, and people will leave you alone. It does not get any simpler than that.
In a round about way I believe this is what the main complaint is in this whole topic. But unfortunately not everyone has the same veiw point on what is acceptable. And this will always be the problem................

OOfatso
09-07-2002, 08:02 AM
Hey I guess that I am just white trash.....But with Really GOOD Credit!!!!! Wife wants me to put a name on the back of the boat... My idea was
"Still in debt, how about you??"... Needless to say it didnt go over very well.
OOfatso :D :D :D

Havasu Cig
09-07-2002, 10:30 AM
cigarette1:
Havasu Cig:
My Cigarette Brother ... do you think there would be any gangbangers at the sandbar if there were no naked ho's freakin' each other in public?
wink Bro, you are right about that. I just think law enforcement should focus more on the real problem which is the gang members that go out there, rent a pontoon boat and drive around starting shit. I know that if this happened in my neighborhood there would be some major heat put on the gangsters.
I also agree with the comment above about MTV. It seems that after the MTV spring break special it got bad out there. People you never would have seen at the river started showing up. I have even seen gangsters hanging out in the channel without a boat, just getting drunk and starting shit. People have to start going to jail when this shit happens. Instead of focusing on giving chicks tickets that are flashing their boobs. The gangsters will find somewhere else to go if they get to much shit. Hell I would be interested to know how many of them are violating their Parol / probation by being out of California (most have probably been arrested before). There are alot of tools they can use to f#@c with these assholes. Unfortunately Havasu PD in a small town agency and really does not know how to deal with the problem. They need to come to So.Cal. for some training on gang suppression. My .02
[ September 07, 2002, 11:35 AM: Message edited by: Havasu Cig ]

Froggystyle
09-07-2002, 10:42 AM
Purple Monkey Dishwasher...

Wet Dream
09-07-2002, 11:10 AM
High Roller, I hope you have enough experience in trucking to carry any lessons learned, over to the boating world. Basically, if you have your children with you on a trip, are you daring enough to park in the back row of the parking lot at the truckstop, nose out and scan the CB for the commercial action? Do you go to the pickle park looking for a good buddy? If you do these things, I would think that if you have kids you don't do it when they are there and avoid those places. Same thing with boating, avoid the places known to have risque behavior and stick to the beaches.
Later HAND.
[ September 09, 2002, 08:57 PM: Message edited by: Wet Dream ]

Lakemead1
09-07-2002, 04:32 PM
This turned out to be a pretty interesting thread. Highroller, you started a good one!
Can't wait to have kids of my own so I can face these issues :D someday... but I'm planning on Ms. LM1 getting knocked up in the middle of summer so it doesn't cut into boating season LOL :D :D

TrojanDan
09-08-2002, 01:26 AM
RiverDave2
B. Fortunate that places like the ones that they live in allow this sorta thing to go on which brings in the partyers/tourists which spend the money in the local economy so that they can have a job.
RD[/QB]??? I wonder what Boatcop's (Allen) view is on this since he patrols this part of the river. Is he thankful that they come, or can he do without the headaches? I asked the Parker Officer who so kindly pulled me over today (got caught going 62mph through that damn 45mph speed zone) and he mentioned that public nudity is still against the law.
Gotta love those written warnings Parker Law Enforcement hands out!! If only the CHP was so nice :D !

randy77zt
09-08-2002, 01:52 AM
i am one of those guys that is never in the right place at the right time-or maybe i am going by so fast i dont see the action.i dont have any kids but i never see any topless women.

Wet Dream
09-08-2002, 04:29 AM
TrojanDan:
RD??? I wonder what Boatcop's view is on this since he patrols this part of the river. [/QB][/QUOTE]
Perhaps he'll tell you that he generally stays away, but will now have to patrol a little closer, write citations for indecent exposure, or public intoxication, something along those lines. Then all the people that were having a little fun and enjoyed it are pissed because you wondered what he thought. What do you think he's going to say??? DA :rolleyes:

HM
09-08-2002, 11:22 AM
randy77zt:
i am one of those guys that is never in the right place at the right time-or maybe i am going by so fast i dont see the action.i dont have any kids but i never see any topless women.That is funny randy! Now that I am married with kid (and another coming in November), they seem to be coming out of the woodwork.
If anyone is so upset about what is going on at the hot spots, it is amazing what a phone call to the cops can do wink . Like what someone said above, they know it is going on and try to only get involved when needed for public safety. When someone calls and complains, they don't have much choice than to show up - and if they see illegal activities in their presence, they take action.

Starloans
09-08-2002, 12:06 PM
Uh, where's Gasoline Alley?

Mohavekid
09-08-2002, 04:34 PM
Gasoline Alley is about 3 miles north of Katherine's Landing on Mohave. It's usually pretty mellow, just a few people hanging out, listening to music and doin a little cliff jumping. Weekends and holidays it can get pretty crazy.
It's been said before here, we all need to be aware of others and respect their rights. I have kids and when they are with me, we stay away frm the more adult oriented locations at certain times.
That being said, when the kids are around and it's not one of the known party spots, people need to be aware and respect others by keeping it in check. If you want to act crazy, go to the known spots.
Enough now, back to football.

Starloans
09-08-2002, 04:48 PM
Do you need a boat to get there? Can you drive there? Can you hike there? Can I use my GPS to get there? I JUST WANT TO GET THERE! I WANT TO BE OFFENDED! ALL MY FRIENDS, THEY WANT TO BE OFFENDED TOO! I'LL MAKE EM LEAVE THERE KIDS HOME! JUST TELL ME WHERE TO ****ING GO! I HANG AT MARTINEZ. NOTHING MUCH EVER HAPPENS THERE! OFFEND ME!

Mohavekid
09-08-2002, 05:26 PM
I don't have GPS coordinates for you, but it's easy. It's about 2-3 miles north of Katherine's Landing on the east (right) side. There's a no wake bouy at the entrance and a rock bouy just north of that. If you get to where the power lines cross the lake you've gone too far.
Hiking in is possible off of powerline road, but a boat is much easier. Just follow the shoreline on the east side and you can't mis it.
Have fun. wink

Boatcop
09-08-2002, 05:32 PM
My views?? :confused:
It's illegal. (Emphasis on the period) However, in our area there has to be a victim who will testify in court that they were "offended" by the act.
I get about a dozen complaints a year about nudity, public sex, etc. But when I ask for the complainants person information, they say "We don't want them to get in trouble, we just want them to stop." After that we do a drive by the area, and not seeing anything blatantly illegal, just continue on our way.
I, too boat recreationally on the Lake and River, and don't want my grandkids exposed to crap like that. If the pervs want to contain it to specific areas, I'll just keep away, when I have kids aboard. But that doesn't make it legal.
All it takes is one complaint, and a willing "victim" and you're off to the pokey. (no pun intended :D ) Indecent exposure or public sexual indecency with a minor present is a FELONY. And although prison is unlikely in a first offense, jail time is possible. There would also be mandatory registration as a sex offender for the rest of your life. Kiss your teaching job, Government clearances, ANY state and/or federal certifications/licenses, etc. good-bye.
Personally I don't care what consenting adults do. As long as I, and my kids, (or any kids for that matter) aren't exposed to it.
Regrading the comments about the "gang-bangers", who are you to judge who can and or can't use the Lake or River? Who's to say who is and isn't a gang-banger? What is it? The color of their skin? The shape of their eyes? The accent they may speak with? The tattoos? (I've got several of those myself, and I'll bet the majority of you reading this do, too.) How about the white gangs running around Orange County and the Inland Empire? Is it OK for them because they look like you?
Think about what you're saying. The pervs and their illegal acts came in and pushed out the families. The pervs are saying, if you don't like it, don't come here. Now you're bitching about not being able to enjoy the Sandbar because of "gangs" and their illegal acts.
What happens when gang activity is the norm and YOU'RE being pushed out. You're saying the cops should come in and do something about it.
The same thing the families said when the pervs arrived.
I really don't see any difference.

TrojanDan
09-08-2002, 07:41 PM
Thanks Boatcop for your views!
-Dan

canuck1
09-08-2002, 08:56 PM
Sorry but I don't see what the big problem is with nudity. If some of the people here would look elsewhere in the world beach life is open. Examples such as OZ where topless is the norm, or the Agean Sea complete nudity. These are familys not just partiers. When you see it as the norm the excitement of "boobies" just isn't there
As for sex in public? Too far in my opinion

HM
09-08-2002, 08:57 PM
Now Alan, why did you have to go and spoil all the fun with legal jibberish? LOL
FELONY and REGISTERED SEX OFFENDER!
Damn straight!
Alright people, you heard the man, all you need is a little backbone to backup your complaint and one person(or family) CAN make a difference.

Charley
09-08-2002, 09:10 PM
Boatcop:
"gang-bangers", who are you to judge who can and or can't use the Lake or River? Who's to say who is and isn't a gang-banger? What is it? The color of their skin? The shape of their eyes? The accent they may speak with? The tattoos? (I've got several of those myself, and I'll bet the majority of you reading this do, too.) How about the white gangs running around Orange County and the Inland Empire? Is it OK for them because they look like you?
Think about what you're saying. The pervs and their illegal acts came in and pushed out the families. The pervs are saying, if you don't like it, don't come here. Now you're bitching about not being able to enjoy the Sandbar because of "gangs" and their illegal acts.
What happens when gang activity is the norm and YOU'RE being pushed out. You're saying the cops should come in and do something about it.
The same thing the families said when the pervs arrived.
I really don't see any difference.Alan....NO DIFFERENCE?? No offense but your wrong... there is a HUGE difference, gangbangers promote violence as a hobby and hide behind numbers...they provoke situations through intimidation, then once again lean on thier numbers, or worse a weapon....the Sandbar Pervs can cross the line of good taste, even morality, but for the most part, they really don't hurt anyone, we aren't talking kiddie porn here..... I personally don't want my 12 year seeing a sex act at the river, but I will take that 1000 times over him accidentally bumping into a guy with a knife at the river, and I mean anyone with a weapon...gangbanger or a drunk stockbroker... I do expect the Police to take a stand and protect me and my family from crap like that in public places... to say that you dont see the difference between chasing the gangbanger element off the sandbar from chasing the topless little Tramps is both disappointing and sad frown

USCLB41
09-08-2002, 09:57 PM
Ok, since when did boating become an excuse to get shitfaced and act like an idiot???I'm all for going out with friends, having a few beers, shootin the breeze, but there is no place there for people using the lake as an excuse to get piss drunk and put sex acts on display...yeah yeah, there are those who like it, but you know what, its BS. Thats not the place for it...Have a party in the privacy of your own house and do that shit...Gather at the sandbar, the channel, wherever, do beer bongs and have a good time, but leave that other shit at home. Lets see how the "stay away if you don't like it people " react if a couple a guy guys start going at it the sandbar...There is common decency and rules we live by, why does that go out the window at the river??? And why do people who choose to engage in this have the ability to tell others to stay away. The more people LHPD hook and book for this the better.

HighRoller
09-09-2002, 05:09 AM
Wet Dream-I haven't responded because I obviously work out of town most the time.Duh.
Second,if you had your kid on the truck with you and some lot lizard was having sex in the middle of the lot with 5 guys you probably wouldn't dig that would you?My point is that this kind of thing starts small and ends up with coves and landmarks being closed down.Where does it end?If these people persist in taking there behavior SOMEWHERE pretty soon it will be EVERYWHERE right in front of us.Why should we have to take our families somewhere else because of this?I know that kids don't belong on the sandbar during weekends,but you know what?That's a DAMN shame for them.I grew up playing with my friends on the Sandbar and have great memories of it.Other kids don't have that chance today because of a lot of selfish people,and if you think I'm a prick for feeling that way,so be it....

THOR
09-09-2002, 06:07 AM
Boatcop,
I respect much of what you say, but when I turn on the TV, I see the stereotypical 'gang-banger' as violators. I rarely see the guys who look like me and you and the other river dudes with their mug shots in jail. I may be naive, but I see what I see.

Havasu Cig
09-09-2002, 11:53 AM
As far as picking out the gangsters...Here in So.cal. thay have gang conferences with the latest intel on existing gangs and the up and coming gangs. They also cover prison gangs as well. They cover tattos and several other ways that members can be identified. 99% of these idiots have tats representing their gang or turf that they claim (usually both) such as area codes, names of cities, names of gangs or members. They also have good intel from members that have "rolled".
If you jack these guys up eveytime you see them hanging out they will find somewhere else to go. This has been done locally in many parks with alot of success. Any of you guys from North San Diego county can see the results that Oceanside has had with this. The city has been cleaned up alot as a result of this. They have even been successful with restraining orders that restrict members from areas that they have been known to cause trouble in the past. The ACLU has attempted to overturn these cases but have not succeeded so far.
Many of these gangsters also have as a term of their probation / parole that they are not allowed to associate with other gang members or felons, not to mention leave the county they are paroled to or on probation in. This is an easy way to violate them and send them back to jail or prision for a while.
I have to agree with Charley on this. I think there is a big difference between nudity and gangsters causing violence. My.02
[ September 09, 2002, 12:56 PM: Message edited by: Havasu Cig ]

cigarette1
09-09-2002, 03:59 PM
Boatcop,
You've got mail
:cool:

HM
09-09-2002, 07:46 PM
amazing how people just breeze right over that felony and sex offender part!
LOL
maybe that is nothing new for many of them?

Wet Dream
09-09-2002, 07:50 PM
Roller, I never called or implied that you were a prick, and I agree with the sex in the parking lot scenario. However, I see it like this, if you have a choice of 2 different t-stops, one known for its lack of caring for what goes on in the lot, and another that makes its rounds to keep things legit, where would you want to go if you had your kids with you?
PS, I edited all the cynacism out of the previous post. I was in a bad mood.
[ September 09, 2002, 08:59 PM: Message edited by: Wet Dream ]

Boatcop
09-09-2002, 08:23 PM
I agree that you can't compare gang violence to public fornication, but my point was that a group of people were pushed out of a recreational area by the illegal actions of another group.
Now the people that did the pushing are demanding that something be done about another group's illegal actions.
Kinda hypocritical, isn't it?
How about this. Want to avoid the gangs at the Sandbar? Don't go there. When they show up at Steamboat cove, change locations again. (I used to go to steamboat with my family. But not anymore. You took care of that.)
It's the same thing you're saying to the families. "Here we are. If you don't like it, leave!"
As I've said before. When I get a report of a crime being committed, whether it's some bimbo showing off her new $3,000 plastic chest, or a banger threatening someone, I'll take appropriate action.
But pushing law-abiding citizens out of an area, and then bitching when it happens to you, is pretty one way.

Havasu Hangin'
09-09-2002, 08:42 PM
Boatcop:
...I used to go to steamboat with my family...Boatcop in Havasu? Stop the presses...
Boatcop:
...whether it's some bimbo showing off her new $3,000 plastic chest..Uh...I would say more like $3,000 each... http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/confused/confused17.gif
BTW...I asked this question earlier...but I don't remember the answer...
I understand Law Enforcement Agencies have a "zero-tolorance" policy toward casual drug use (even in the past) for applicants...the reason being that a sympathizer may not enforce the law...
Is there a "zero-tolorance" policy toward seeing breasts (in the past) for applicants? http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/confused/confused44.gif

396_Z
09-09-2002, 08:46 PM
BoatCop has a point there...
The way I see it is a who came first type of thing. If I'm out with my family and we stop by a cool spot and relax for a while I expect the others around to respect the fact that kids are present and behave to an extent. My son has seen his share of drunk idiots and I'm sure he'll see more soon. Still, he hasn't seen public sex or any sex for that matter and I would assume any decent folk would be polite enough to refrain in his presence. Now if I stopped by after the booze and bewbies came out then it's a different story and it's called bad parenting for staying there no matter how much I complained later.
HighRoller, as a veteran bullhauler I want to know WTF you're doing taking you kids to places where YOU KNOW your going to see that stuff? My wife and son used to go with me all the time and not once did either one of them get offended or see anything unappropriate. I don't know about you swift drivers but everybody I've run with has at least some morals.
[ September 09, 2002, 09:55 PM: Message edited by: 396_Z ]

boatlessd
09-09-2002, 09:10 PM
My .02
I think we all agree for the most part that crowds attract Trouble. Whether it is at a sporting event, "peaceful" rally, or at a party, people of all types will be there. I tend to think that everyone has a right to be anywhere that is a public place. Because of the "activity" that takes place at the sandbar, people want to be there. I too have stopped by with my kid but I didn't stay long. That was my choice. I am the father that is trying to protect my child. Just like if we were in a dangerous situation anywhere, I would leave. Same goes for there. Now when I was younger, single, etc. I loved going there and having a good time; however, we all have to grow up and now I leave the partying to you young kids wink It doesn't mean I can't sneak a peek.

Charley
09-09-2002, 09:57 PM
Boatcop:
I agree that you can't compare gang violence to public fornication, but my point was that a group of people were pushed out of a recreational area by the illegal actions of another group.
Now the people that did the pushing are demanding that something be done about another group's illegal actions.
Kinda hypocritical, isn't it?
How about this. Want to avoid the gangs at the Sandbar? Don't go there. When they show up at Steamboat cove, change locations again. (I used to go to steamboat with my family. But not anymore. You took care of that.)
It's the same thing you're saying to the families. "Here we are. If you don't like it, leave!"
As I've said before. When I get a report of a crime being committed, whether it's some bimbo showing off her new $3,000 plastic chest, or a banger threatening someone, I'll take appropriate action.
But pushing law-abiding citizens out of an area, and then bitching when it happens to you, is pretty one way.Thank you Alan, I'm glad that we both agree there is a distiction re: which is "MORE" wrong hehehehe...sorry If I was rough on ya, no offence meant....besides I wanna visit Parker without getting Targeted hehehe JK

BigDaddy
09-10-2002, 11:31 PM
Did ya get any Pics!!!
I dont understand why you shelter your children so much as if they will never see this kind of thing but if they did wouldnt you like to be there to explain to them or is it that you dont know what to say to them. and unlike TV you cant like change the Channel. so you have to close the windows and blinds.
why did you move to the river and or close to water if you didnt think people would be Boating and acting like Pornstars wanta bees and Drinking.
and Not to Mention Fishing oman when they clean those fish and your young child sees this tell me they wont have Nightmares about Blood and Guts. Butt when they see Naked Woman and or retards trying to show off having sex in public you at least can get this out of there minds.
Thats My .02
Have a Nice Day Get Naked

Charley
09-11-2002, 01:09 PM
Well BD, no you cant really get it out of there minds....it's traumatic situations like public sex, fights or other acts of violence tends to stay with a kid...so NO I don't want me kids seeing it, but thats my job to choose the places I take them, and keep an eye on the TV they watch etc...... Tits at the sandbar....doesn't FREAK me for my 12 year old.... a public blowjob does...period...Just out of curiosity, Do you have kids?

HighRoller
09-11-2002, 01:54 PM
First off,396,how dare you call a chicken hauler a bull hauler!!!I do have SOME dignity...As far as not going to the place where this behavior happens,when that behavior starts to spread there will no longer be anywhere to go where you can't see it!The bottom line is like BoatCop said-These areas were closed down to all by the(illegal)actions of a few.In reference to BigDaddy's post about why I moved here to the river-I moved here because I love the river and always have.I have a great amount of respect and reverence for all the spots along the river I enjoy spending time at.I'm sick of this view that"just because it's the river"or"it's a busy weekend"this kind of idiotic behavior HAS to be tolerated.Excuse me,I didn't realize that because I don't like seeing a girl licking some guys balls in front of everyone that the river is restricted to me.

Jrocket
09-11-2002, 02:06 PM
HighRoller:
First off,396,how dare you call a chicken hauler a bull hauler!!! Excuse me,I didn't realize that because I don't like seeing a girl licking some guys balls in front of everyone that the river is restricted to me.Alright,first off are you a chicken hauler or bull hauler....This might be important :D .Secondly,It doesnt bother me to watch public sex acts at the river.But for the kids to see it,it's not appropriate.Now if I see some guy licking some balls in public i will stop..AND THROW ROCKS AT THEM.......... :p

396_Z
09-11-2002, 03:42 PM
I'll answer that one JRocket. He's a chicken hauler (Go figure with that attitude). I'm the bull hauler, or was for a long time, now I spend my evenings at home with my family.

future boater
09-11-2002, 03:57 PM
boatcop does bring up a valid point and no one has addressed it.lol

Charley
09-11-2002, 08:05 PM
future boater:
boatcop does bring up a valid point and no one has addressed it.lolI adressed it, I'll do it again..... Gangs on the sandbar = BULLSHIT ... Tits on the sandbar in front of my kids = not exactly what i want to see but I will still show up again , Sex on the sandbar = over the line for kids, if I see it happen I'm a poor father if I show up again ...... sad but true if that means that good people are getting pushed out...... I agree..... Police it all but let the punishment fit the crime... some chick flashing her Tits??? that shit is on TV in europe.... the other two examples cross my personal line
[ September 11, 2002, 09:14 PM: Message edited by: Charley ]

OC-PARTYCAT
09-12-2002, 02:06 PM
goota jump in here and give my .02. I am a father of three kids, 12,11,2 . I have been at the sandbar with all of them. When I was there we saw a few girls topless. This really didnt bother anyone in my group. When the girls started gettin nasty with eachother then it was a problem and we left. I feel there is a time and place for lude conduct. I dont think out in public people should be licking ass and balls. If someone is lets say, laying out or walking around topless thats a different story. I have been out hangin on my boat at night with just me and wife and seen people having sex in the boat next to us..that really didnt bother me either, they where keepin it low key and havin a good time. I have done the same thing in my boat at night but I wouldnt go and do this shit in front of other people on the beach.. that is pretty trashy and inappropriate isnt it?? Just because you are at the river doesnt give you the right to be irresponsible, or inconsiderate of the people around you.

disco_charger
09-12-2002, 03:09 PM
BoatCop is right of course, it's all illegal. I personally can say that topless wouldn't scare me away with my kids. Sexual acts would. Any kind of sex, real or simulated out in plain view would really piss me off. I feel that the gangsters do offer a much greater menace, and lets get real about the tattoo thing. A tribal band on my arm is not the equivalent of having "13" on the back of my shaved head. There is a difference in tattoo's. But the real issue here is the same as it is for jet ski's and all the other things that piss people off...common sense. Nobody wants to realize that the laws have to cater to the lowest common denominator. We have to take into account what the biggest idiot is going to do, and legislate it. Why do we need a law that says you shouldn't be licking your girlfriends naked a**hole in front of kids? Because some people are selfish and lack common sense. It pains me to say it, but as big as I am into everyone doing their own thing, I agree that the sandbar is out of hand. I don't mind seeing it personally, but it's really nothing but a lot of trouble waiting to happen.I bet some of you remember that a lot of chicks were sexually assualted out at Copper Canyon back in the day, and I'm sure a few have been at the sandbar too...The lowest common denominator is out there screwing everything up for all of us.
Disco