PDA

View Full Version : Pacific Offshore blasts into Northern California

Spirit of Discovery
08-30-2002, 07:30 AM
Sunday, Sept. 8, The Pacific Offshore Championship Series will be responsible for a little "Delta Thunder". As part of Pittsburg Seafood Festival, The boats of Pacific Offshore will be lighting up the water adjacent to the Pittsburg Yacht Harbor. The National Anthem is at 11 and the race starts at 12 noon. This is a GREAT event with lots to see, do AND eat!! There is an estimated 200,000 who attend this race. Don't forget that those of you who want to experience a little competition can "Race what you brung". See the Pacific Offshore Website for more information. www.pacificoffshore.com (http://www.pacificoffshore.com) We can always use more patrol boats too!! There is a dinner at the Yacht Club both Friday and Saturday nights, call the Yacht Club for reservations. Rumor has it that there are several of the "Big Guns" from the APBA ProSeries who are coming out to race against us west coasters too. This race is shaping up to be the best so far this year. Hope to see you all there!!

CMABadseed
09-07-2002, 05:51 PM
i'll be there! checkin things out....hopefully I'll se you guys out there!

Mike J.
09-08-2002, 08:13 PM
Well its 9pm 9-8-02 any news.
Mike J.

Flashwave
09-09-2002, 08:09 AM
Awesome. 5 Super Cats raced the Pittsburg Delta Thunder. Drambue On Ice, Renegade, How Sweet It Is, Ettore (KidStuff) . What an unbelievable sight. During the first start, Ettore (KidStuff) flipped a mile into the race. Both Coby and Greg are all right. A few minutes later, Conqubine, a local P class boat, hooked hard and one member was airlifted to the hospital. This was a pedal to the metal race with near perfect water conditions for the "cats"
Drambue On Ice blew an engine. Those who had an opportunity to tour their 53 support rig would know this is one amazing race group. Inside were 2 replacement engines neatly put away in a special compartment? They carry enough tools to make any SnapOn dealer jealous. Of course satellite TV, XM radio, lounge computers, full size fridge and microwave and 12 tons of air-conditioning. The list goes on and on. It was great having these guys race with us.
The results:
Super Cat: Renegade
Super Cat Light: Liquid Metal
Factory 2: Speedwear
Factory 1: Flashwave
Performance 1: Holtz Racing
Performance 2: Colledgewood Racing
Performance 3: Purple Hayes
Performance 4: Covey Racing
[ September 09, 2002, 03:54 PM: Message edited by: Flashwave ]

Mike J.
09-09-2002, 10:01 AM
I understand Coby Ettore(Kidstuf) was in
the Lead when he went into the turn and
flipped.
Mike J.

Spirit of Discovery
09-09-2002, 10:23 AM
Yup!! he was kickin' some east coast azz!! (sorry Johnnie and Hugh!!) I heard he slid sideways for a LONG time before going over. You just can't take turns in a cat at full throttle!!

playdeep
09-09-2002, 07:27 PM
Scott,I saw where Teague won S/C lite,just curious how Bob and Brent did?.BTW how many super cat light boats were there?

Spirit of Discovery
09-10-2002, 08:08 AM
We had 4 Super Cat Lites Bob and Tom took second in the Eliminator, Brent and Kirk took 3rd in the How Sweet it is boat and Brian Scheinle and Rick Hartman finished 4th in the American Racing boat. There were 5 Super cats as well!