PDA

View Full Version : Off Shore Fishing

78Eliminator
06-04-2003, 02:16 PM
Anyone here like to go on full or half day boats for tuna or marlin? I am looking for someone to go fishing with some time. I have not been in a long time.

hot_diggity_dog
06-04-2003, 02:21 PM
78 your in. wink
I long range fish and go local. :)
Just got back from Cabo. :D
Will be fishing next weekend for Albacore, :D and leaving on an 8-day on the Excell on June 25th. :D
Next to sex and boating it's fishing all the way. argue
I'll let you know and maybe we can set up a 1 day Hot Boaters fishing trip. :confused:
Let me know what you think 78.
HDD :cool:

78Eliminator
06-04-2003, 02:27 PM
hot_diggity_dog:
78 your in. wink
I long range fish and go local. :)
Just got back from Cabo. :D
Will be fishing next weekend for Albacore, :D and leaving on an 8-day on the Excell on June 25th. :D
Next to sex and boating it's fishing all the way. argue
I'll let you know and maybe we can set up a 1 day Hot Boaters fishing trip. :confused:
Let me know what you think 78.
HDD :cool: A trip out would be awesome. Let's plan something. According to your and my schedule, it will have to be next month. Let's do it! Boats, the sea and fishing....sounds great.

77charger
06-04-2003, 03:31 PM
Lets do it i cant wait for an albacore run i mostly go out of SD when i go overnight.So far i might not make it til july but fishing is always good.Last year i only made one trip and it sucked a coast guard helo had to do an emergency drop on our boat someone forgot their medication and the captian had to turn around and keep a couse heading as per instructions(at 7:30 am and we didnt get back on the tuna grounds till 11 am then back for port at 12.30 only 9 fish caught 4 were from boat line 3 from one lucky mo fothe other two different people.WORST TRIP EVER.

Hal
06-04-2003, 05:19 PM
See if we can get a 1 or 2 day trip out of SD with the guys on the boards. Everybody would have something in common. If we can get enough guys together we can charter a boat just for our group. That would be a good trip. We would have plenty of storys to tell, Fishing and boating. :D
[ June 04, 2003, 06:23 PM: Message edited by: Hal ]

jlnorthrup122
06-04-2003, 05:23 PM
Just got back from Cabo Did you hit the ridge for some whahoos?

77charger
06-04-2003, 06:09 PM
Hal:
See if we can get a 1 or 2 day trip out of SD with the guys on the boards. Everybody would have something in common. If we can get enough guys together we can charter a boat just for our group. That would be a good trip. We would have plenty of storys to tell, Fishing and boating. :D I think most boats are chartered already i use to charter one a couple of years ago but have been busy lately Last i checked for a trip in aug i wanted to do it was gone in dec (all fri and sat nights wee done for the summer and most of sept.)The best bet would be set a day sometime and have everyone interested to call and make a res for a limited load boat.
Nothing better than a good day fishing and drinking lots of beer.

rivernutts
06-04-2003, 08:51 PM
Let's do it!!! Who's got the the time to set it up!!! :D

MikeF
06-04-2003, 09:02 PM
If the water is rough...I'll get sick. But I'll still go! Pretty big on saltwater fishing :cool: !

78Eliminator
06-04-2003, 09:31 PM
What a great thread! Let's not bulls#$%, and really do it!

MikeF
06-05-2003, 06:13 AM
Let's see how many more would want to make the trip. If there is enough, we can charter a party boat. If not....we can charter a 6pack boat for extra $$. The bite better improve though to really make it worth it.
Even going locally would be cool! :cool:

JetBoatRich
06-05-2003, 06:14 AM
I am heading out on a big group trip in September, out of S.D. I will look and see if room is available.

rivernutts
06-05-2003, 06:36 AM
Everybody that wants to go, pm me your info and I'll take the time out of my busy day (ya right) too set it up.

Hal
06-05-2003, 06:45 AM
This is the place to check.
HM Landing (http://hmlanding.com)
[ June 05, 2003, 07:49 AM: Message edited by: Hal ]

hot_diggity_dog
06-05-2003, 06:56 AM
The season is going to be in full swing. wink
We will need to do the trip in October as you will find that there will not be any openings by the time we get our shit together. :confused:
I have to book my long range trips over a year in advance. Almost all of the trips will be full leaving just a few spots per boat. eek!
So if you guy's are serious send your info to Rivernutts and we can get a head count. :rolleyes:
I think we will end up on a six pack, because I've been down this road too many times. eek!
I used to do (4) charter's a year and everyone wants to go and end up flaking out. :mad:
If you say you are going once we commit you need to pay in Full, and if you flake it doesn't matter.
Hot the long range fisherman Diggity Dog

boatnam2
06-05-2003, 09:27 AM
my uncle does fish talk radio,captain ron baker in san diego.any of you fish heads heard of him.

hot_diggity_dog
06-05-2003, 09:31 AM
my uncle does fish talk radio,captain ron baker in san diego.any of you fish heads heard of him. YES!!!!
If you are a fisherman in SD you have heard of him
If you listen to Let's talk Hookup, Rock cod Rick is the son of one of our Superintendents.
Hot can't decide whether it's Havasu or Albacore Diggity Dog

Sangster
06-05-2003, 09:42 AM
You guys should contact Joe Shelfo, He's a dragboat racer that runs a fleet of Boats down that way. I'm sure he can hook you guys up..You can get ahold of Joe at www.dragboatracing.com (http://www.dragboatracing.com) he goes by the name of "SPEEDFREAK"..He's a great guy. Good luck on your trip.. wink
[ June 05, 2003, 10:44 AM: Message edited by: Sangster ]

rivernutts
06-05-2003, 04:55 PM
Alright It's started I've gotten two replys so far so keep them coming. I checked into some trips out of pointloma in san diego and it is pretty wide open for the 1 day trips. The cost will be about $135.00 each. I was thinking mid july sounds good but you guys let me know. Also if you have any boat preference, I like the new-loan but it really doesn't matter to me, I just want to go fishing!!! wink

Hal
06-05-2003, 05:17 PM
Will it be a full day trip from 11PM to 7PM the next day? I think anything shorter you can't go far enough to get to the good fishing. I think a 1 1/2 day would probaby the best bang for the buck.(more Albacore) But it looks like it would probably be on a week day at about $265.00 a head.
If it was a one day trip it would be better to have it a limited load boat @ $175.00 a head than a full party boat @ $ 135.00 each.
[ June 05, 2003, 06:34 PM: Message edited by: Hal ]

Squeezing Spectra
06-05-2003, 05:29 PM
You can count me in just about anytime for anything up to 3 days. :cool: Bruce

CA Stu
06-05-2003, 05:38 PM
I could add myself and a friend to that count probably, depends on dates.
If you guys are short a couple of bodies, please ping me.
I know I have yet to meet any of ya, but hey, my money's green and I know a shitload of dirty jokes.
I have the Freelance out of Davey's Locker chartered tomorrow for a 3/4 day company trip, gonna go spank some Sand Bass and Barracuda. I think I caught the only Dorado on the Freelance last year. (Super Secret Cedar Plug of Disaster strikes again).
I have fished a lot of SD boats over the years. All time favorite was the American Angler, close second the Zaida (anyone remember that boat?)
Thanks
CA Stu

MikeF
06-06-2003, 05:17 AM
Ltd load 1 day would be the best way to go (for me)!
The Prowler has been a good boat. The Truline out of Long Beach is a GREAT boat to go on too.

hot_diggity_dog
06-06-2003, 06:03 AM
I have fished a lot of SD boats over the years. All time favorite was the American Angler, close second the Zaida (anyone remember that boat?) The Zaida was the old Navy boat converted to a fishing boat. That boat was faster than shit!!!
HDD :cool:
[ June 06, 2003, 07:04 AM: Message edited by: hot_diggity_dog ]

riverliver
06-06-2003, 06:29 AM
I would be in for this also, love to deep sea fish.
My last trip was to homer alaska,the first fish i caught was a 150lb halibit!!!!!!
Limited load is the only way to go !!!

Schiada76
06-06-2003, 06:43 AM
At this point the best thing to do is check a boats open party schedule and just try to book it with all friends. It takes the risk out filling a private charter and the work load off the charter master and works very well if you have a large party. The best boat (in my opinion) out of Diego for 1 and 1.5 day fishing is the Pacific Queen, although you can't go wrong with anything out of Fishermans Landing. Maybe a 1.5 day on a weekend is still open. The Albies are here and spread out way down the line, limit fishing is on in 1.5 day range right now. BFT to 100#'s at 175 to 200 miles already also. BFT should be in 1.5 day range by mid July.
I'm in, unless I've got a river trip planned.
FRESH ONE!!!!!!!! :D :D :D
For a pic of a nice 'Lupe Yellow check my profile. eek!
[ June 06, 2003, 07:51 AM: Message edited by: BradP ]

75_Elim
06-06-2003, 07:00 AM
Count me in..... I've fished this whole coast from Washington to the tip of Baja.

rivernutts
06-06-2003, 07:03 AM
Email me your info so I can store it in a folder, this way when we have a good group I'll throw some dates out to everybody!!!!

Screaming Pete
06-06-2003, 07:54 AM
I'm not saying I'm a good fisher man but I'v had some great luck and I'm a willing angler for this sort of trip. I think augest or sept. is good and know a fun 6 pack boat (Lucky K) :D

78Eliminator
06-06-2003, 08:14 AM
What is a "6-pack" boat? I assume it's a smaller boat....??

Screaming Pete
06-06-2003, 08:19 AM
Its a boat that usualy holds 6 passengers plus crew of 3 or 4 45-50 ft. and thier about 300$ per person and they get you on the fish faster if the crew know what thier doing. 78 is that your new pup? :cool:

78Eliminator
06-06-2003, 08:23 AM
Screaming Pete:
Its a boat that usualy holds 6 passengers plus crew of 3 or 4 45-50 ft. and thier about 300$ per person and they get you on the fish faster if the crew know what thier doing. 78 is that your new pup? :cool: Cool. Yeah, that's the new dog. He's not a puppy any more though. He's actually over a year. He's a little guy weighing in a a whopping 5 lbs.

Screaming Pete
06-06-2003, 08:26 AM
Ya we still have the rat terrier but looking for a new home for her she nips to much for having kids around and probaly needs more room to run around than we can give her