PDA

View Full Version : Wife puts Mandelon on a diet....

Mandelon
08-20-2003, 09:48 AM
Its true.... :( The wife has put me on a diet.
South Beach Diet. Heard of it? Its really not too bad. I will track weight and let you know!!
south beach diet (http://content.health.msn.com/content/article/65/72554.htm?lastselectedguid={B7F18B8A-5BA8-43FC-B950-5FA349C6A692})

CA Stu
08-20-2003, 10:04 AM
Keep us posted, fatso :D
CA Stu <-- 255 lbs, not a drop of muscle.

topless
08-20-2003, 10:13 AM
We want to see before and after pictures!!!!! :D :D :D

HighRoller
08-20-2003, 10:24 AM
And no alcoholic drinks of any kind Yeah,I'm thinkin this diet is gonna last until at least happy hour!! eek! :D

HammerDown
08-20-2003, 11:48 AM
I had Pizza for lunch...how about you :p :D

Doug H.
08-20-2003, 12:04 PM
Mandelon, you are kidding aren't you ? your so skinny :D Jetboatrich just left my house and i told him your wife put you on diet and about fell off the couch :D you know if i was gay i would be hittin on you cause your so fit but you don't need to worry about that ok :D

Mandelon
08-20-2003, 12:16 PM
Thanks, Doug. You're cute too. (Watch out Boozer) LOL
Breakfast was 2 eggs and bacon
10 am skim milk mozzarella cheeze stick
lunch was a bowl of low fat chili, w/ no beans
afternoon snack is almonds or peanuts
dinner , fish or chicken and veggies with a salad.
Limit carbs as best as I can, no starches, no sugar, no candy :( no milk, no liquor for first two weeks. :mad:
I think I am 175, but should weigh 165.
Man --> (don't like having tight pants)<-- delon
:D

totenhosen
08-20-2003, 12:20 PM
Mandelon:
Its true.... :( The wife has put me on a diet.
South Beach Diet. Heard of it? Its really not too bad. I will track weight and let you know!!
south beach diet (http://content.health.msn.com/content/article/65/72554.htm?lastselectedguid={B7F18B8A-5BA8-43FC-B950-5FA349C6A692}) Just don't stuff your face! That's the "diet" that works for me.

Nubbs
08-20-2003, 12:20 PM
Is it really chili if it ain't got beans? :confused: That's almose like an omelette with no eggs.

Mandelon
08-20-2003, 12:28 PM
Nubbs:
Is it really chili if it ain't got beans? :confused: That's almose like an omelette with no eggs. I hear ya, but its the carbs in the beans...also the rest of the office somehow does not think I should eat beans for lunch! I found a pack of Beano on my desk once....LOL :D

Ziggy
08-20-2003, 12:29 PM
Doug H.:
Mandelon, you are kidding aren't you ? :D you know if i was gay i would be hittin on you cause your so fit :D Yeah, but does he keep his home spotless and orderly? :D :D I hear Boozer is a regular Jerry Seinfeld in that department LOL
Go for it Mandolon, diets are more mental than physical. I've been on one for a while now and it gets easy after a while and you don't miss those other things. No Salt, carbs, mayo etc.
I've dropped nearly 50lbs from where I started and have more energy.

Mandelon
08-20-2003, 12:32 PM
The key to this diet is not just reducing your calories, but getting your body to process the food differently.
Don't know exactly but it is based on Glycine Index or something. It help control your insulin production and makes it more efficient. Carbs are turned into sugar and by limiting them your body deals with your fat better.....
I even signed up on their forums...haha I am a newbie there... :rolleyes:

Mrs.909er
08-20-2003, 12:42 PM
I know a lot of people who have tried this diet...have fun not drinking :D ...but what I have found from it is some people lose weight really, really quickly....and some don't lose any weight. I want to go on this diet...but I am breastfeeding.....so I don't know if I should. :confused: If I were you I wouldn't start this diet until summer is over. ( because you really should not drink at all if your really trying to lose weight.)

Blown 472
08-20-2003, 12:45 PM
breast feeding?? mamma, mamma

Ziggy
08-20-2003, 12:45 PM
Mandelon:
The key to this diet is not just reducing your calories, but getting your body to process the food differently.
Don't know exactly but it is based on Glycine Index or something. It help control your insulin production and makes it more efficient. Carbs are turned into sugar and by limiting them your body deals with your fat better.....
I even signed up on their forums...haha I am a newbie there... :rolleyes: Eating more frequently(every 3hrs) but smaller portions keeps the metabolism running consistantly and thus a higher burn rate. I don't starve whatsoever and eat normal foods for the most part.
Mandy, a butter alternative that tastes great and has no real daily values is "spray, I can't believe its not butter"(said with a Fabio accent :rolleyes: )
Good luck on it, although you don't really seem to need to loose anything.
Z

HalletDave
08-20-2003, 12:46 PM
because you really should not drink at all if your really trying to lose weight.)
Damn, another diet I can't go on. :rolleyes:
Hallett (lovin' beer tooooo much) Dave :D

Mandelon
08-20-2003, 12:57 PM
Breastfeeding? hm.......that could work! :D

Jetdriver
08-20-2003, 12:58 PM
I thought that all the weight was in my balls, so I kept jackin off. Guess what the only thing I lost was my eye sight and the use of my left hand for about a week. Maybe this diet would work better!
Jet (Just ****in off at work) driver

moneysucker
08-20-2003, 12:58 PM
Sounds like Atkins. Michelob ultra has either no carbs or next to none. Coors light is the highest among light beer, which really sucks. Good luck. I am doing the same thing but working out of town. Now that is not too easy.

MagicMtnDan
08-20-2003, 01:26 PM
Mrs.909er:
I know a lot of people who have tried this diet...I want to go on this diet...I am breastfeeding...I'll volunteer for the breastfeeding diet!

Ivan Dan
08-20-2003, 05:17 PM
"Forbidden in those first 14 days, however, are fruit, bread, rice, potatoes, pasta, or baked goods. No sugar, ice cream, cookies, or cake. And no alcoholic drinks of any kind (wine, fruit and whole-grain breads may be added back to the diet in subsequent phases)"
I agree...wait until after summer to start this diet! No drinking at the river is like no eating at home.
www.DanKaatz.com (http://www.DanKaatz.com)

beyondhelpin
08-20-2003, 05:43 PM
Want to stay fit? Simple just dump the processed flour and refined sugar. That is the bulk of these new diets. They work very well. Eat caveman style.......lots of meat and greens. Just like your cave girl would have picked for you while your and you Homies where out looking for a Woolly Mammoth to slay! Ever see a fat cave dweller? :D :D :D
No alcohol. Screw that. Mans gotta have his small pleasures! cry

ROZ
08-20-2003, 05:44 PM
Just remember that the key to any diet is moderation.... For example:
ROZ eats moderately throughout the day.
See, it works pretty good :D
I have a combined the eating in moderation with a see food diet.
It goes something like this:
ROZ eats moderately when he sees food....
What you don't know is that I keep the 2 lower drawers of the filling cabinets and fridge near my desk full of food at all times.
This means that every time I open my filling cabinet to pull a file, I see food and eat it.... moderately. eek!
I think it's startin to cause some problems though....I'm up to a 34 waist now :p :D
Good luck! :D

Mrs.909er
08-20-2003, 05:53 PM
MagicMtnDan:
Mrs.909er:
I know a lot of people who have tried this diet...I want to go on this diet...I am breastfeeding...I'll volunteer for the breastfeeding diet! I wonder if we should start a study and see who looses the weight quicker. idea :D wink eek!

JetBoatRich
08-20-2003, 06:29 PM
Mandelon you FAT ......
eek! eek! eek!
Come on now, your wife should fill lucky a man at your age only weighing 186lbs.

LUVNLIFE
08-20-2003, 07:13 PM
Mandelon if your wife thinks you need to diet at 175 what must you think of me at 215.... I mean 185. :D

JetBoatRich
08-20-2003, 07:33 PM
LUVNLIFE:
Mandelon if your wife thinks you need to diet at 175 what must you think of me at 215.... I mean 185. :D Cale your 215, wow I feel better wink

dr. margarita
08-20-2003, 07:43 PM
This diet, like "The Zone" will work for ya Mandelon. Like the article says and what I've learned from real reliable sources is the Ketosis part. Your body has to work harder to digest protein so it tends to store them in your kidneys. That's the key to all these diets..ya gotta drink lots of water, constantly sipping throughout the day, not just slugging down a quart in the morning and evening. That's why these things don't work for me..I can't drink all the effing water! I'd rather have a Marg! :D

Doug H.
08-20-2003, 10:54 PM
Mandelon, JBR, LUVNLIFE, your all skinny compared to my portly athleticly plump body at 290 pounds, and i don't even drink so maybe that diet will work for me..................nah !! :D im just a big guy to intimidate you little guys. :D

mtndewdrops
08-20-2003, 10:58 PM
Come on Man...you are kidding right? :confused: You know that those height to weight charts are always on the low side. I am 6'3" and am supposed to weigh 185...yea right. :rolleyes: I am at 210 and eat what I want.
MODERATION is the key...right :)

Kilrtoy
08-20-2003, 11:00 PM
Come on now, your wife should fill lucky a man at your age only weighing 186lbs.
Yeah but he only stands 5-3

ROZ
08-21-2003, 12:10 AM
mtndewdrops:
Come on Man...you are kidding right? :confused: You know that those height to weight charts are always on the low side. I am 6'3" and am supposed to weigh 185...yea right. :rolleyes: I am at 210 and eat what I want.
MODERATION is the key...right :) Say what? After reading this I looked up a chart that read 6'2" normal frame is 210lbs. Since I'm a skinny mofo, I deducted 10% as the instructions, read, and I'm within 5 lbs of my ideal weight. Sounds like at 6'3" you're at your ideal weight already if you have a normal frame...
Continue eating what you want :D
Bet you wish you had some grub for the ride home this evening. :p
I finished a bag of chips, 7 cookies, 2 string cheeses, and orance slices(candy) within a moderate time on MY way home :D
[ August 21, 2003, 01:12 AM: Message edited by: ROZ ]

wsuwrhr
08-21-2003, 02:49 PM
Why is it considered ok if a wife suggests to her husband to go on a diet, but it would be considered suicidal for him to suggest it to her.
So many injustices in the world.
Brian

Mandelon
08-21-2003, 02:57 PM
You are right on that. My wife is doing it too though, so its fair I guess. Day 4 today and I do have cravings for Mashed Potatoes and toasted sourdough bread. :D
Lunch today was soy beans and that fake crab stuff. I cheated yesterday and had two little chocolates...
Peanuts for snack time...
Geez, I am pathetic. :rolleyes:

mtndewdrops
08-21-2003, 08:19 PM
ROZ:
mtndewdrops:
MODERATION is the key...right :) Say what? After reading this I looked up a chart that read 6'2" normal frame is 210lbs. Since I'm a skinny mofo, I deducted 10% as the instructions, read, and I'm within 5 lbs of my ideal weight. Sounds like at 6'3" you're at your ideal weight already if you have a normal frame...
Continue eating what you want :D
Bet you wish you had some grub for the ride home this evening. :p
I finished a bag of chips, 7 cookies, 2 string cheeses, and orance slices(candy) within a moderate time on MY way home :D Thanks ROZ I like your chart! :)
Your right I could have used some grub on the way home...and a little john. frown