PDA

View Full Version : BAD LUCK BUT GOOD FRIENDS

FIREMAN
07-21-2003, 12:29 PM
Went to the Commander Boats Regatta this weekend. Great show put on by Sy Singal of Commander Boats and Jokers Wild Promotions, During the poker run on Saturday I had some bad luck just across from the pump station. I was cruisin along at about 50 on pretty smooth water when I lost all forward motion. I smelled the dredded outdrive oil. Sure enough my Bravo XR Grenaded. 28 Cat with 26 hours total on it with a 496 Mag Ho power plant with a drive shower http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/502brokendrive2-med.JPG . Well with a boat full of family( four kids under 5 yrs and 4 adults total)I was about to cry when some fellow poker run boats rescued me and towed me in. I was bummed and Thought "what the hell am I going to do." Well being from Vegas, I thought I'd have to tow a broken boat back to Vegas and seek Warranty coverage there. Sy and Traci from Commander Boats heard what happened and hooked me up with Todd Taylor from Jokers Wild Promotions Todd offered some needed help, No questions asked. He made one phone call to a Certified Mercruiser Tech. in Havasu and took my boat to him. I was stoked not to have to drag my boat back to Vegas, and not to mention I get to roll out to Havasu next weekend to pick it up! Todd not only took great care of me and my Family but offered to cruise us up to the springs for brunch on Sunday in his boat. We didn't miss a day on the lake and If anyone knows Todd's boat, "What a ride" Lets just say,a 95-100mph cruise up to the springs had me forgetin all about my misfortune. A huge thanks goes out to Todd Taylor and Jokers Wild Promotions.
Good friends don't grow on trees, they're grown in Havasu. Thanks, Dusty Christensen
[ July 21, 2003, 01:35 PM: Message edited by: FIREMAN ]

NastyOne
07-21-2003, 12:37 PM
Good story. That is very cool what Todd did for you.

mbrown2
07-21-2003, 12:37 PM
That will ruin a good weekend...A 496 can do that to an XR?..wow, I am suprised; was the boat jumping wakes or getting out of the water or anything...just seems crazy to grenade going down the lake....good luck with the repair... :)

FIREMAN
07-21-2003, 12:47 PM
Just normal Operation, no big hop's either. It's just wierd, you'd think the Motorolla Smart Craft CPU would cut the engine if it sensed anything.?????????????? Maybe just a bad part,something had to give way inside, That happens once in a while.
[ July 21, 2003, 01:49 PM: Message edited by: FIREMAN ]

dimarcobros
07-21-2003, 12:52 PM
Sorry to hear about your boat but thanks to Todd sounds like you didn't miss a beat. That is what boating is all about...helping out your fellow ***boater.

Havasu_Dreamin
07-21-2003, 01:02 PM
Todd is a standup guy, as this past weekend showed.

Havasu Luvr
07-21-2003, 01:26 PM
Kudo's to Todd "Joker's Wild" for the hospitality.
That's pretty good to have a complete drive inspected & warranteed in 1 week. I should have taken my boat there. Let me know the outcome

FIREMAN
07-21-2003, 02:29 PM
Well atleast I'm hoping for a speedy recovery.

FIREMAN
07-21-2003, 10:06 PM
Talked with the shop and it's being inspected today, with any luck I should be up and running by the weekend.

TheEduKATor
07-23-2003, 09:02 PM
Nice to meet you on Saturday Dusty, and I'm sorry to hear about your drive. I figured either something happened to your boat, or you lived in Parker because my brother and I saw your boat on the trailer with no tow rig in front when we were driving through Parker on Monday afternoon. Well at least we think it was your boat. I hope it gets done on time and by the way that's a great looking Cat you got there.

Trailer Park Casanova
07-23-2003, 09:35 PM
Fireman,
By a longshot chance were you the LV fireman we helped at Dumont Dunes a while back?
A LV fireman crashed and got busted up and we duct taped him to a loading ramp (at his request and direction) and shipped him off to LV to avoid the apes with Baker Ambulance service, and Barstow hospital Sawbones.
We always wondered what became of him???