PDA

View Full Version : Gashole!!!!!

Holland
03-20-2006, 05:57 PM
Well considering my smallest vehicle is Suburban, and the wife is a mobile notary, That is a bad mix! It is almost trading dollars for her ... entertainment... I gotta get a smaller vehicle.. been thinkin' about a SUV hybrid... Anyone???? good, bad...

LUVNLIFE
03-20-2006, 06:52 PM
Moped on propane. :cool: Sorry about the joke but I did see someone riding a moped, pulling a trailer with a propane tank strapped to it. Guess that's his way of sticking it to the man. :rollside:

Perfect Mixer
03-20-2006, 09:02 PM
Don't bother with the Lexus hybrid. My wife works there and tells me that they get nothing but compaints about the lack of fuel economy out of it.

Outnumbered
03-20-2006, 09:37 PM
Hybrids are a joke. You will never get the extra $$ you paid for it back in MPG savings. And that is even with the US Gov subsidizing the consumer cost. If she wants a good new SUV get a new 6-cyl 4-runner 4x2. Resale is good, MPG OK 18/22, more room than a hybrid, way more power, and they last forever.
http://www.avondaletoyota.com/New-Inventory.aspx?InventoryId=9130950
also check this site out:
http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/sbs.htm
to get a very accurate cost estimate on any new car check out:
www.carsdirect.com

Outnumbered
03-20-2006, 09:46 PM
You could also do the Highlander for better MPG and less $$ but I think it is more like a station wagon then an SUV especially after driving a burb.

maxwedge
03-20-2006, 10:18 PM
My advice is to find a late 80's-early 90's CRX in good shape. My 88 used to pull down 55-60 MPG all day long on the highway and 40-45 in town. had 250k on it and never broke. I don't understand why the new hybrids aren't any better. Did they loose the 1988 Civic technology somewhere? Sadly, I"m sure by now that car has been lowered and has a very large muffler on it and a bling wing. Poor thing. That was a great little car. My f150 gets 12-15 on a good day. :mad:

Outnumbered
03-20-2006, 10:27 PM
My advice is to find a late 80's-early 90's CRX in good shape. My 88 used to pull down 55-60 MPG all day long on the highway and 40-45 in town. had 250k on it and never broke. I don't understand why the new hybrids aren't any better. Did they loose the 1988 Civic technology somewhere? Sadly, I"m sure by now that car has been lowered and has a very large muffler on it and a bling wing. Poor thing. That was a great little car. My f150 gets 12-15 on a good day. :mad:
Said he was looking at SUVs otherwise I would go Corolla or Civic 40MPG under $17k new.

stingray
03-20-2006, 11:20 PM
Had one, 91' It was a rockin little car I think the same for mine :cry: but it did have a warning on the visor (warning you will drive like an A'Hole in this car) It was like driving a gocart with a plate on it, I loved it.
Look for a 3 to 5 yr. old honda for her work they may be pricey but it would last.

Riomouse911
03-20-2006, 11:30 PM
When I got sick of feeding the F250psd over $120.00 a week, I picked up a Scion xB as a commuter car. Under 17k out the door w/auto and a/c, tons of room inside (I actually fit 17 apple boxes inside when moving two years ago), fits into any parking space, and gets an average of 33 city/hwy. They truly are love them/hate them cars, and I'll admit they look goofy, but saving 400 bucks a month at the pump more than pays for the car. Honda's Element fits the same niche, but costs a few bucks more. If you can stand the jokes and comments, these little iceboxes are good deals.