PDA

View Full Version : last weekend in San Diego offshore

sillywilly
05-07-2003, 02:22 PM
I am not sure if any of you offshore guys in San Diego made it out last weekend but for those of you who did not you missed an epic weekend. After the storm both Saturday & Sunday the seas were 6-8 with occasional 10-12. Totally of the chart experience in my 33 scarab. We were probablly 10' out of the water on more than a few occasions. Almost scarry. For some reason I cannot get enough of it. We must have launched off 200 waves in the two days. My passengers got the rides of their life. It would be nice to know who all is in the San Diego area with ocean boats. It would be fun to get a broup together for some ocean fun. Whoever you guys are make yourselves known.

Steamin' Rice
05-07-2003, 02:34 PM
Sillywilly,
Sounds like a good time out there. I think there are a few folks from San Diego with offshore boats. Check your PM for info on the SCOPE poker run...If you haven't already, you should enter it. There will be lots of nice offshore boats there... :D

Dusty Times
05-07-2003, 02:38 PM
Can you post some pics?
I would love to see.

sillywilly
05-07-2003, 02:41 PM
sorry dusty no pics of that day. That was the only bummer about the whole weekend. No pics. I am afraid if I had pics that my wife would insist that the boat be sold and that I be committed to an insanasilum to have my head checked.

cigarette1
05-08-2003, 06:35 AM
July 10-13
A SCOPE fleet of about 25 boats will be hanging out at the Leow's Coronado. On the Friday we will probabaly run around Point Loma to Mission Bay. I'm sure you could recruit a few (me for one) to make that run again on Saturday. We usually depart for home (by water) early Sunday ... that could make a nice early Sunday run for you.
G
[ May 08, 2003, 07:37 AM: Message edited by: cigarette1 ]