PDA

View Full Version : brown recluse spider bite

Blown 472
07-09-2003, 12:34 PM
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/19Day_10-med.jpg

PussyPusher
07-09-2003, 12:35 PM
I had one of those but it never got to that extreme. Thought I was going to lose my leg though. Got bit in a orchard in No. California. Nasty Nasty Nasty

Her454
07-09-2003, 12:38 PM
Those are some nasty spiders, period. We have them all over up here and my sisters boyfriend, who was a pretty big guy was bit by one about 6 years ago and died a month later.

JetBoatRich
07-09-2003, 12:38 PM
That is nasty :mad: I have seen some bad results from a bite, but that is one of the worst. wink

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-09-2003, 12:40 PM
OH! ****in A. That is nasty. How do you know it was that kind of spider and what do they look like. How does it get like that? Or is that infected? eek! eek!

JetBoatRich
07-09-2003, 12:41 PM
Little bite, starts to look like a pimple and grows bigger killing the skin around it.

Blown 472
07-09-2003, 12:43 PM
MRS FLYIN VEE:
OH! ****in A. That is nasty. How do you know it was that kind of spider and what do they look like. How does it get like that? Or is that infected? eek! eek! http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/19brown_recluse1-med.jpg

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-09-2003, 12:44 PM
That little thing can make a bite like that? Are they located here in calif?

Boozer
07-09-2003, 12:51 PM
MRS FLYIN VEE:
That little thing can make a bite like that? Are they located here in calif? It sure can and they sure are.
They are some nasty nasty mofo's. People don't normally get that messed up but it does happen. Different people react differently to the bites.
An x G/F of mines grandmothers left leg is pretty much a huge scar from a bite she had gotten from a brown recluse when was young. Luckily she kept her leg but it looks pretty bad.

78Eliminator
07-09-2003, 12:53 PM
Blown 472:
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/19Day_10-med.jpg I heard a tijuana hooker can do that to your package....

I_C_E_Y
07-09-2003, 12:54 PM
LOL Blown 472 did you get that off of www.orgish.com (http://www.orgish.com) and crop the photo? The top photo is at day ten if you check out orgish.com you can see day 3 4 5 6 9 10 I belive.
[ July 09, 2003, 01:55 PM: Message edited by: I_C_E_Y ]

Blown 472
07-09-2003, 12:54 PM
a friend sent it to me, and yes there are other days.

ROZ
07-09-2003, 12:56 PM
DAMN! That is one hellova reaction. Mine looked half that bad. Since I started having my yard sprayed quarterly by the Sunland Pest Control, I haven't even seen an ant....Now them f'n snails are another story...... Eating my plants alive

HOOTER SLED-
07-09-2003, 12:57 PM
I believe they are one of the most deadliest spider bites to get. Way more than Black Widows. I think their venom just starts to deteriorate your cells. That's why so many people who have been bitten by them have to have LIMBS amputated. OUCH. Imagine if one of them bit your unit. Shit that would suck.
HOOTER

Essex502
07-09-2003, 12:58 PM
According to UC Davis the "brown" recluse spider does NOT live in California but 4 other types of recluse do - the most common is the desert recluse fond in Mojave and Sonoran deserts.

Boozer
07-09-2003, 01:02 PM
I once read a study that said people who snore sleep with their mouth open and as a result will swallow 450 spiders in their lifetime.
Just think if you swallowed one of those bad boys and got a bite in your throat. You could smoke through the hole in your neck. Kinda like those people with the holes in their trakia <sp>.

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-09-2003, 01:06 PM
Does anyone know the symtems if you were to get bit by one of these nasty little pecker heads? Just need to keep on my toes because I have to little ones I worry about.They like to play with bugs, but they do tend to stay away from the spiders since I've scared them away from all of them. Although isn't the daddy long leg the most poisonist? except to people.Just curious.

Her454
07-09-2003, 01:09 PM
Essex502:
According to UC Davis the "brown" recluse spider does NOT live in California but 4 other types of recluse do - the most common is the desert recluse fond in Mojave and Sonoran deserts. Tell that to my sisters boyfriend who got bit right here in Nor Cal, San Andreas to be exact..while cutting wood.

CALIFORNIA PERFORMANCE
07-09-2003, 01:10 PM
Those spiders run rampid in LA COUNTY jail. I have seen nasty bites like that more than 7 times.

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-09-2003, 01:14 PM
Well i guess we know where you have been. :D :D

Essex502
07-09-2003, 01:24 PM
See these:
Brown Recluse 1 (http://ohioline.osu.edu/hyg-fact/2000/2061.html)
Brown Recluse 2 (http://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu/PMG/PESTNOTES/pn7468.html)

Essex502
07-09-2003, 01:27 PM
Tell that to my sisters boyfriend who got bit right here in Nor Cal, San Andreas to be exact..while cutting wood. Did the spider get caught? It was probably misadientified as there ARE 4 different recluse spiders in California but according to published stuff...not the brown recluse.

boatnam2
07-09-2003, 08:47 PM
mom got bit by one she had something like the pic but not a bad.left a big hole in her shin about the size of a baseball.she said it didnt even hurt when it happened felt like a mosquito bite.

Wet Dream
07-09-2003, 09:00 PM
MRS FLYIN VEE:
Although isn't the daddy long leg the most poisonist? I remember watching Discovery or something along those lines that the Daddy long legs spider is the most venemous. However, they don't have a way to use. They don't have the fangs to inject the venom or maybe its the glands to the fangs, but something like that.

HM
07-10-2003, 12:14 AM
Wet Dream:
MRS FLYIN VEE:
Although isn't the daddy long leg the most poisonist? I remember watching Discovery or something along those lines that the Daddy long legs spider is the most venemous. However, they don't have a way to use. They don't have the fangs to inject the venom or maybe its the glands to the fangs, but something like that. Yes, the daddy long leg is by far the most poisenous, but they cannot penetrate human skin. They prey on black widows, so I never kill these guys, in fact, I will transplant them to where I think they will find a good meal. :D

TPI
07-10-2003, 05:43 AM
Guys,
In the Fire department/Paramedic world us "dummies" call it a violin spider, Death from a bite is pretty uncommon, but Tissue death to the area is a standard situation, some people dont even know they have been bit, it doesnt really hurt. These "violin" spiders are all over Cali, and they will cornhole you if they bite you so, "dont let them bite you" :p Just fyi: The black widow bite goes after your Neuro/muscle system, usually stomach cramps, vomit, diarrhea, twitching, heavy saliva, are the result. Sometimes death(especially to kids). These are everywhere right now, and are pretty aggressive if you touch there web(messy looking web, under chair legs, garage corners, wood piles). stay alert.

THOR
07-10-2003, 06:22 AM
Additionally, the black widows usually dont get above human head level. Just another fact. I used to find them in things like car covers that were on the ground.

Essex502
07-10-2003, 07:12 AM
A few facts about the "violin" spider:
Where do Violin Spiders live?
This is an absolutely amazing thing. The Brown Recluse is fairly common in states in the south central, such as Oklahoma, Texas Missouri, and east toward Florida. It does not reside in California, and yet California residents report the highest number of Brown Recluse bites of any state in the country. In California it has been verified only a half dozen times in 40 years, each time as an isolated spider that had hitch-hiked in with packaging, furniture, boxes, etc.
Here are a few statements from the University of California:
"the Brown Recluse has become the UFO, Elvis, and Bigfoot of the spider world"
"in California people just want to believe the spider bit them"
"the Brown Recluse has attained an urban legion status in California"
"medical personnel will diagnose "brown recluse bite" because that is the most common and most dynamic cause of necrotic wound that they have read about"
There is a rare, related species in the desert in the southwest, in California and Arizona, but few reports of bites come from where it lives. There also is a large species in South America that on a few occasions has been reported in the United States.
If you all are truly interested do a google search on "violin spider" or "brown recluse". Tons of data come up.

Caribbean Jet
07-10-2003, 08:01 AM
My buddy who siys next to me at work collects Spiders and reptiles. He once owned a Brown Recluse until it died. Crazy people I tell you.

MRS FLYIN VEE
10-04-2004, 04:43 PM
TTT for Ratso

taxman
10-04-2004, 04:49 PM
I will give him an injection!!!!!!!!! I am the SCHOOL NURSE

ratso
10-04-2004, 04:51 PM
TTT for Ratso
Thanks mrs vee...

H20Advantage
10-04-2004, 05:46 PM
This was over at RRL a couple of weeks ago. Shows the initial bite through the skin graph.
http://www.rochedalss.eq.edu.au/reclusebiteleg.htm

LUVNLIFE
10-04-2004, 06:17 PM
Bigamist (Jeff) was hit by a spider bite a while ago. Took forever to heal. The boy still isn't right though :D

FunOnTheWater
10-04-2004, 06:25 PM
Bigamist (Jeff) was hit by a spider bite a while ago. Took forever to heal. The boy still isn't right though :D
I am not sure that is from the bite :cool:

Garrddogg
10-04-2004, 06:32 PM
LOL Blown 472 did you get that off of www.orgish.com (http://www.orgish.com) and crop the photo? The top photo is at day ten if you check out orgish.com you can see day 3 4 5 6 9 10 I belive.
Oh shi t I'm not the only one here that knows about ogrish? :2purples:

FRENCHIE
10-04-2004, 06:33 PM
Oh shi t I'm not the only one here that knows about ogrish? :2purples:
looks that way!!! :rolleyes: :rollside:

sanger rat
10-04-2004, 07:00 PM
Nice link its infected with a trojan horse.

Garrddogg
10-04-2004, 08:18 PM
Nice link its infected with a trojan horse.
oh shit it really is infected :hammer2: