PDA

View Full Version : Is it just Californians who suck?

MagicMtnDan
09-28-2003, 09:08 PM
We made a quick road trip to Phoenix and back to get away for the weekend and stop by Kachina boats (more on that later).
Why do about 90% of Californians refuse to move out of the effen left lane? Life would be so much easier and safer for EVERYONE if people would just keep right and pass left.
Anyone who wants to make any time on the freeways has to cut in and out in the right two lanes since they're the most open because the fockers get on the freeway and move to the #1 and #2 lanes and stay there!
Move the efff outta the way. When you're not ready to pass someone move the efff over! When you've finished your pass move the efff over! If someone wants to pass you move the efff over and let them! Oh that's right you're not looking in your effen mirror so you don't know I was coming up behind you nor do you know that I'm sitting behind you. And once you do look in your mirror and finally see me you don't give a $hit.
Once I got near the AZ border things got much better but back in CA it started to suck big time. Funny thing is in AZ when we saw someone hogging the left lane it was usually a Californian.
Oh and if you saw me today flying past you on the 10 (I was in a 2004 Lexus IS330 with dealer plates - Lexus of Valencia - relax, it was a loaner), I saw you.

MagicMtnDan
09-28-2003, 09:30 PM
Hey Hallett Dave, I've decided that I'm not going to buy a boat. wink I'm just going to post about buying one. :D
But don't worry, I'm not gonna stroke anyone selling their boat - not like some other folks :D
I'm looking forward to the party. Hey, are you hijacking my thread? :D
[ September 28, 2003, 10:30 PM: Message edited by: MagicMtnDan ]

NorCal Gameshow
09-28-2003, 09:36 PM
RiverDave:
Dan, I'm going to throw you a freakin rager of a party when you finally decide which boat your going to get. :D
RD :D :D :D i'm thinking he's going to start a boat buying consulting biz...
Dan, you didn't mention the trucks...
I love it when they cut you off 'cause they feel they can do about 1 mph faster then the truck in front of them :rolleyes:

Dave C
09-29-2003, 08:12 AM
I had to follow a bunch of slow SOB's in the fast lane this weekend. I call it the fast lane "line-up" cuz one guy going 65 that refuses to move over and is holding up 20 cars behind them who want to go faster.
Also, I hate those guys that wait till there is a few "inches" between you and guy in front of you then squeezes his car in between the two of you. :( This is annoying in the "line-up" because there is no where to go!??!

MagicMtnDan
09-29-2003, 08:54 AM
People sit in the left lane because eventually they'll want to pass a big rig they see a mile or so up. They don't care about those behind them that want to pass them NOW.
If everyone kept to the right then passing would be easy and the system would work. When the hell will the CHP/police emphasize and enforce keeping right?! It's got to be one of the significant contributors to lane viloations, aggressive driving and accidents. If slower traffic kept to the right then the CHP could get back to writing tickets to generate revenue by focusing on those driving in the #1 lane.
By the way, I had to pass a $hitload of lifted 4x4 pickups who were hogging the left lane acting like they're too good to move over a lane.

mirvin
09-29-2003, 11:00 AM
Hey MMD, just file this one in the big fat "Things the DMV should be doing" file. Some day they will actually start "educating" drivers and this will be part of it. Until then, at least we know all kinds of obscure shit like how long it take a big rig to stop or blood alcohol or all that other useless crap they make us learn.