PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone been to the Marlboro Ranch in Montana?

GunninGopher
03-20-2006, 06:51 PM
I just got my invite and I have a couple of more days to sign up. Everything seems to be included even the air fare. Looks like seasonal activities like rafting, skiing, partying (year round), snowmobiling, riding, and, oh yeah NO KIDS!
There is 1 hangup, though. I quit smoking 6 years ago. I can pull it off. Has anyone gone? I still like the smell of smoke, so it won't bother me. Heck, maybe I'll start it up for the week.

bohica
03-20-2006, 06:57 PM
Buddy of mine just got back a few weeks ago. He had a blast. Here's his trip report.
Marlboro Ranch (http://www.glamisdunes.com/invision/index.php?showtopic=70339&hl=)

GunninGopher
03-20-2006, 10:49 PM
Looks sweet. I love the idea of getting paid $1150 to go on a free vacation.
Marlboro Rocks. Smoking Marlboro for years is really paying off!!
I'm going to reserve tomorrow.

moneypit
03-20-2006, 11:13 PM
Is there a Captain Morgan ranch?

GunninGopher
03-21-2006, 05:18 AM
I hope so, my wife will be getting her invite really soon if there is!!

Jbb
03-21-2006, 06:06 AM
Do they have a non smoking section.....? :p

Tom Brown
03-21-2006, 09:40 AM
I think you should go.
Seal your suitcase with cytotoxic warning tape. After dinner, when everyone steps out for a smoke, step out with them, start a line, and hang a fresh IV bag that's marked with carboplatin warnings. Don't say anything, just pretend like all is normal and converse with everyone without mentioning the IV. Maybe even bum a smoke or two while you're taking your chemo.

phebus
03-21-2006, 09:41 AM
Just don't offer RD a beer while your there. He's on the wagon :)

Jbb
03-21-2006, 09:45 AM
I think you should go.
Seal your suitcase with cytotoxic warning tape. After dinner, when everyone steps out for a smoke, step out with them, start a line, and hang a fresh IV bag that's marked with carboplatin warnings. Don't say anything, just pretend like all is normal and converse with everyone without mentioning the IV. Maybe even bum a smoke or two while you're taking your chemo.
Perhaps you could join us?...sort of a updated city slickers...." hey curly....kill anyone today"?

superdave013
03-21-2006, 09:52 AM
so you smokers are just dieing to go to the Brokeback ranch eh? lol

GunninGopher
03-21-2006, 12:00 PM
I think you should go.
...After dinner, when everyone steps out for a smoke, step out with them...
I'm pretty sure nobody "steps out" for a smoke at this place!!!

GunninGopher
03-21-2006, 12:02 PM
The activities are:
fly fishing
whitewater rafting at Yellowstone
horseback riding
mountain biking
a ton of evening events
I wonder how the heavy smokers are going to take to the biking at a 6,000' altituide?
I just confirmed and am waiting for more information to come in the mail.

Tom Brown
03-21-2006, 12:06 PM
They've probably got a crew standing by in case someone melts a hole in an inflatable raft with the heater on their smoke.

Jbb
03-21-2006, 12:15 PM
The activities are:
fly fishing
whitewater rafting at Yellowstone
horseback riding
mountain biking
a ton of evening events
I wonder how the heavy smokers are going to take to the biking at a 6,000' altituide?
I just confirmed and am waiting for more information to come in the mail.
With additional activities
Chemotherapy Bingo
Emphysema awarness seminar...

Tom Brown
03-21-2006, 12:19 PM
With additional activities ....
Cooking with that pre-smoke morning loogie - Why waste perfectly good tobacco tar? Hock up a fantastic breakfast condiment!
Seminar: How to win every argument - Wave the heater on your smoke in people's face to persuade them how right you are!
Seminar: Cancer - Let your employer's health plan pay for your vacation!
Motivational: Chicks dig guys with tracheostomys

Big Kahunaa
03-21-2006, 12:22 PM
Is there a Captain Morgan ranch?
i wish

SoCalSouthpaw
03-21-2006, 12:27 PM
Never smoked a cig in my life. But, maybe I should start...Id love to drive this thing around!!!!!!
http://***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=12269

Tom Brown
03-21-2006, 12:29 PM
Never smoked a cig in my life. But, maybe I should start...Id love to drive this thing around!!!!!!
http://www.sandbros.net/gallery/marlbororanch/
You could slow down to being just barely on plane and sink some non smoking fags in their small boats. :cool:

MagicMtnDan
03-21-2006, 12:55 PM
At the end of the day they play this game called "catch." It's where they all sit in rocking chairs outside trying to "catch" their breath. :D
I wonder if they have reunions for everyone who survived 10 years later? If so maybe they have 'em in the emphysema ward of the hospital?
I heard they invited Dana Reeves but she couldn't make it :crossx:

chub
03-21-2006, 01:21 PM
Buddy of mine just got back a few weeks ago. He had a blast. Here's his trip report.
Marlboro Ranch (http://www.glamisdunes.com/invision/index.php?showtopic=70339&hl=)
Pick up the phone! :p