PDA

View Full Version : Whacky boat ideas

Blown 472
08-15-2003, 11:24 AM
how hard would it be to put a big block direct drive into a potoon boat??

Stupid Fast
08-15-2003, 11:35 AM
My Buddy builds Custom pontoons for a living. I would guess that it would actually be very easy. They are working on a 6.2 Bravo combo now. Needs alot of tuning. It seems to submarine if you back off the throttle to fast. Kinda spooky. The hard part would be making it atleast semi safe. :D

RiverToysJas
08-15-2003, 11:48 AM
How about a small block chevy/Berkley jet-drive in a pwc? wink
RTJas :D

AzDon
08-15-2003, 11:56 AM
Without turnable propulsion, I don't think the pontoon would steer. The V-8 jet PWC could very easily accomplished by putting a PWC topside on a small(16 ft)jetboat....if you think PWC's are a hazard now...

Slick
08-15-2003, 11:58 AM
How about putting the prop on the front of the outdrive. That might work.

Tom Brown
08-15-2003, 12:04 PM
RiverToysJas:
How about a small block chevy/Berkley jet-drive in a pwc? wink
RTJas :D An American Choppers special. HOSS would be all over that.

MagicMtnDan
08-15-2003, 12:12 PM
AzDon:
Without turnable propulsion, I don't think the pontoon would steer. The V-8 jet PWC could very easily accomplished by putting a PWC topside on a small(16 ft)jetboat....if you think PWC's are a hazard now... You go Don! I think that's the first non-lefty non-political post I've seen with your name on it. Very cool :)
[ August 15, 2003, 01:13 PM: Message edited by: MagicMtnDan ]

Bryan Rose
08-15-2003, 12:28 PM
How about turning a Jet drive into a 550 horse sterndrive? It could be done...

jlnorthrup122
08-15-2003, 07:10 PM
How about turning a Jet drive into a 550 horse sterndrive? It could be done... sounds like a surface drive to me! :cool:

AzDon
08-16-2003, 09:41 AM
MagicMtnDan:
AzDon:
Without turnable propulsion, I don't think the pontoon would steer. The V-8 jet PWC could very easily accomplished by putting a PWC topside on a small(16 ft)jetboat....if you think PWC's are a hazard now... You go Don! I think that's the first non-lefty non-political post I've seen with your name on it. Very cool :) PWC's non-political? Hmmm.....

AzDon
08-16-2003, 09:59 AM
Actually, I've considered the idea of putting a totally flat deck on a jetboat with a pwc helm and a lonnnnng seat over the scoop with Bassets sticking out the side of the seat.... with a jetovator, it would certainly be one of the prettiest monster garage type projects ever! It could seat perhaps 6 or 7 people, motorcycle style, and used like a deckboat at copper canyon! It would have MASSIVE under-deck storage. With a jetovator, I'm sure you wouldn't hafta take any crap from other pwc's! Best of all, it could seriously kick ass for a lot less money than the fast PWC's cost! I think these could be built and sold commercially as a domestic alternative to all the foreign made PWC's and also be a service to the boating community 2 ways: 1) Bigger and less nimble requiring more conservative operation and 2)more riders per unit, so fewer units on the water... a trailer would only hold ONE of these things versus people launching as many as 6 PWC's normally!