PDA

View Full Version : Got a storage unit? Know what's in it?

MagicMtnDan
07-03-2003, 01:38 PM
Body Found In Garbage Can In Storage Unit
VAN NUYS, Calif., 6:48 a.m. PDT July 3, 2003 - Police found the remains of a man believed to be reported missing several days ago wrapped inside a garbage can in a storage unit.
The trash can, which emitted a vile odor, was discovered about noon in a self-storage shed Wednesday in Van Nuys.
A woman who has rented the unit for several months called police when she found the can and other items that she said didn't belong to her, according to the manager of the storage facility.
Police were awaiting a search warrant so they could unseal the can.
Authorities believe the container contains the body of a 35-year-old man involved in an assault six months ago in Chatsworth.
The incident included the firing of a gun, but police would not elaborate. No one was injured.
Detectives and a bomb squad began examining the unit at 8 p.m., after they obtained a separate search warrant for it. The bomb squad was called because one of the people connected to the January assault was "involved with explosives."
No explosives were found in the storage space, he said.
source: MSNBC

Moneypitt
07-03-2003, 01:42 PM
Please tell me it was a politican that use to be a lawyer.........

07-03-2003, 02:05 PM
Moneypitt:
Please tell me it was a politican that use to be a lawyer......... We should be so lucky. pig_flyi

Boozer
07-03-2003, 02:08 PM
I don't even live under that democratatership but I would certainly applaud if that were the case. I feel for you guys, I really do.