PDA

View Full Version : ***boat forum member identifiers for IRL meetings?

FMluvswater
06-26-2003, 12:39 PM
In a couple of weeks I'll be in Kelowna for the PWT events and at least one other forum member that I know of will be there as well. Is there a ***boat member pin or flag or color to make it easier to identify other ***boat members at large gatherings? :)

hoolign
06-26-2003, 12:46 PM
If i'm there, just look for the wiggly wiggly in my shorts :p
I'll be mixin margs for bikini contestants :p

FMluvswater
06-26-2003, 12:52 PM
Only if you get there when I'm NOT at the front gate ... makes you think I'd even let you on the site? wink :p :D I'll be working at the front gate. :)

Chase
06-27-2003, 07:03 AM
I thought I would bring this one to the top, since it is a pretty good question....It kinda relates back to the hot boat sticker issue which fizzled like a wet firecracker, and the hot boat flags..
Come on everyone lets put our heads together and get something going here!!!????

betty boop
06-27-2003, 07:07 AM
FM - when are you gonna be in kelowna? what exactly is going on there? I am trying to plan a holiday down there and trying to decide when to go...

Chase
06-27-2003, 07:21 AM
Well SB, I hate to interupt here, but on the weekend of the 12-13 there is the national wakeboard competition, with all the big names there. I will be there from the 11-21 on holidays to bake on the lake, and maybe find some nightlife there as well. There is always live entertainment in the park there at night as well, where you can boat up and listen..
I love Kelowna

betty boop
06-27-2003, 07:24 AM
i must say, coming from there - it rocks!!
i do miss the mountains and the lake - we lived 5 minutes from okanagan lake - swam 2-4-7
i lived in kelowna when i was going to college - the nite life was awesome then, i'm sure it still rocks now - you shouldn't have a problem- actually, they have a huge hotel down on the water with a pub called "rosie's" i think - nice place

Chase
06-27-2003, 07:26 AM
Here is the web link fm sent me
http://www.prowakeboardtour.com/pwt_kelowna.jsp
It gives you a little more info. You wouldn'd possible be in the area when I am would you??

betty boop
06-27-2003, 07:26 AM
by the way - i own a red canoe!!

Chase
06-27-2003, 07:27 AM
Well bring it down, I can tow you around the lake at high velocities?????

betty boop
06-27-2003, 07:29 AM
actually - my canoe is still in summerland - 2 minutes from the lake - maybe you could boat down there, hook me up and drag me to kelowna!!! :D

Chase
06-27-2003, 07:34 AM
Not a problem..
In all seriousness though if you are there, it would still be cool to meet a fello hot boater..??

betty boop
06-27-2003, 07:39 AM
well my family lives in summerland - i just have to decide when i'm gonna go - would be cool to see some wakeboarding - are they having it on okanagan lake??

Chase
06-27-2003, 07:45 AM
Come on FM help me out here, since I think you know a little more than I do, but it is at the waterfront park in Kelowna, July 11, 12, 13..tickets $10/day/person, and if you go onto the web site it will give you ooodles of information.
I will be staying in Westbank right on the water, so I am about 6 min away from the action via boat....

FMluvswater
06-27-2003, 07:47 AM
It didn't look like you needed any help Chase. :) You got all the right info and there's nothing I can add. I just still would like some ideas for how to be recognised in a large crowd as a Hot Boat forum member.

betty boop
06-27-2003, 07:58 AM
well that sounds like a whole lot of fun - we'll all have to keep in touch and let each other know where they'll be and when..

FMluvswater
06-27-2003, 08:06 AM
I'd really like to meet anyone from this forum who'll be there. I will let you both know my work schedule as soon as I know it. :) I'll be in Kelowna from Friday the 11th until Monday morning. :)

Chase
06-27-2003, 08:08 AM
yes that sounds great...you know where I will be and when, I/we just need a way of communicating..you too FM....lets all talk

FMluvswater
06-27-2003, 09:13 AM
Come on Chase post in here show off your avatar! It looks real good!
It wasn't showing up seconds before I posted and now it is ... hmmm.
[ June 27, 2003, 10:14 AM: Message edited by: FMluvswaterbabe ]

FMluvswater
06-27-2003, 09:25 AM
You know Chase I was happy enough I might get to meet you and now I might get to meet FOUR forum members!!! jawdrop :D Too cool. :cool:

betty boop
06-27-2003, 09:35 AM
yikes!!!!

hoolign
06-27-2003, 09:36 AM
Looks like my summer won't be boatin,can't even get it into a shop to change out the motor for a month....bullshit!!!!!!! all the shops i would trust around here are booked solid...**** :mad:

eliminatedsprinter
06-27-2003, 09:36 AM
We need to have a secret handshake and special decoder rings :p :D
Or when we see someone who looks like they might be a Hot boater. We could look at ther rig and say "wow that looks like a hot boat". wink

betty boop
06-27-2003, 09:38 AM
you'll know me by my red canoe!!! :D

Chase
06-27-2003, 09:40 AM
FMluvswaterbabe:
You know Chase I was happy enough I might get to meet you and now I might get to meet FOUR forum members!!! jawdrop :D Too cool. :cool: FOUR??? Fill me in

betty boop
06-27-2003, 09:41 AM
yeah me to..

spectras only
06-27-2003, 09:50 AM
Jeff , what's the matter ? I thought you only have a slight issue with your distributor. What's this talk about replacing the engine :rolleyes: .

Chase
06-27-2003, 10:05 AM
Hey SB did I scare you off??? :confused: :confused:

betty boop
06-27-2003, 10:07 AM
no sorry - i'm packing to go away for the weekend is all

hoolign
06-27-2003, 10:08 AM
spectras only:
Jeff , what's the matter ? I thought you only have a slight issue with your distributor. What's this talk about replacing the engine :rolleyes: . I put it together yesterday,set the timing went to sylvan lake with a bud,thing ran great for 2 hours,then on the way to the north end of the lake the oil pressure gauge spiked to about 110 pounds and before i even let off the throttle,it started bangin,smoke pourin out of the engine cover
tempature was at 160,oil was new,and full,when i got it shut down i checked under the hatch lotsa smoke comin out of the breather,and oil in the bilgeso i'm thinkin she's fubar
now i cant find a used 460 yet to just bolt in for the summer,or a shop to do it,and i'm headin to work here tommorow night,so unless i can find someone to grab the boat,find a mill, and re-re it for me the goddamn thing wont be fixed till August sometime
Hoolign..sick :mad: of Breaking.Out.Another.Thousand

spectras only
06-27-2003, 10:14 AM
That's too bad Jeff :( . I'm sure we could find a 460 around here and a swap would be no problem in an afternoon.Time you move back here from the boondocks :p

hoolign
06-27-2003, 10:27 AM
I've got a few people lookin for mills.canuck1 said he might know of a few and another bud of mine has a line on a maybe.ya know if you don't need somthing they're everywhere,but as soon as you need it..nada,I'd rather just switch this over to chevy,but times a problem there too!
I should just bite the bullet and buy a new boat
renovate the house, or new boat...Hmmmmm

FMluvswater
06-27-2003, 10:58 AM
Chase:
FMluvswaterbabe:
You know Chase I was happy enough I might get to meet you and now I might get to meet FOUR forum members!!! jawdrop :D Too cool. :cool: FOUR??? Fill me in you, sunbunny, dego red and I thought spectras only threatened wink lol to put in an appearance as well :)
[ June 27, 2003, 12:00 PM: Message edited by: FMluvswaterbabe ]

hoolign
06-27-2003, 11:06 AM
spectras only:
That's too bad Jeff :( . I'm sure we could find a 460 around here and a swap would be no problem in an afternoon.Time you move back here from the boondocks :p If there were jobs down there that payed like the rigs pay,I'd be there in a heartbeat
and i'm not partial to paying 14 %tax on everthing :p
but i would drag this thing down to do a mill swap :D
i want this bastard ready for the kelowna poker run,i was gonna tow it down to kelowna and leave it at a friends house
if i can get it back runnin I'll try to make kelowna earlier,someones gotta be there to keep Tom in line :D

spectras only
06-27-2003, 11:19 AM
Jeff , Wayne at McLaine powerboats in kelowna could probably take care of you. You should check his 26 Daytona while you there wink .Saw a nice Formula 24LS w/sc for sale for 50k in kelowna , hint hint wink

hoolign
06-27-2003, 11:36 AM
Do you know Wayne? I could have it pulled to Kelowna,drop it off to be fixed,then pick it up when i get sick of work :D
do you have his number handy?

FMluvswater
06-27-2003, 03:09 PM
So what's the final roll call?
Who from this forum will be in Kelowna July 11th and beyond?
What's the meeting plan?
I'll only be there July 11th until the morning of the 14th.
I know Chase'll be there 11th-21st.
dego red will be there- got a boat descrip. :)
sunbunny have you decided yet when you're going?
spectras only what about you? You going at all?
Hoolign?
Anybody else?
sunbunny you know the area pretty well- you mentioned someplace called Rosie's I think?
Can we pick one of the days and an early evening time and get together for a drink? Reserve a table for the Sandbar group lol! :D Sounds like a surname to me.
The unknowingness of this all will just make me drive you all crazy with my endless bugging so you may as well just tell me now and if it needs changed later fine but I'm not good with the not knowing. :)
FM-ese to English dictionaries will cost extra. wink
And I'm sorry but caffeine-free FM is no longer available. Ever.
(note to self: Now you've done it. They're all running the other way. :( They're all gonna meet after the 14th lookit watch.) wink :D Even I have to say I've had way too much freaking coffee today. :rolleyes:

spectras only
06-27-2003, 03:23 PM
I've used to go the mission races when Wayne and Ray O'Hara were rival canadians with balls to race BAH and just met him again at last years pokerrun in kelowna. Don't know him too well,but know people who had their engines built by him.He knows his stuff. Bob Leach commented on his boat/engine install while he was visiting kelowna ,and he praised him too I've heard. Mac Lean powerboats , 250-764 0821 adress;4160 June Springs Rd

hoolign
06-27-2003, 03:30 PM
Hey FM, I wont make it down for that ,I'll be workin,
rosies is at the grand hotel,cool place
you guys have fun

FMluvswater
06-27-2003, 03:34 PM
hoolign:
Hey FM, I wont make it down for that ,I'll be workin,
rosies is at the grand hotel,cool place
you guys have fun Ok. Thanks for answering, Hoolign. :) Wish you were able to make it there too. :) Maybe we'll drink to all the absentees! :D LOL! :)

Chase
07-02-2003, 09:15 AM
FMluvswaterbabe:
So what's the final roll call?
Who from this forum will be in Kelowna July 11th and beyond?
What's the meeting plan?
I'll only be there July 11th until the morning of the 14th.
I know Chase'll be there 11th-21st.
dego red will be there- got a boat descrip. :)
sunbunny have you decided yet when you're going?
spectras only what about you? You going at all?
Hoolign?
Anybody else?
sunbunny you know the area pretty well- you mentioned someplace called Rosie's I think?
Can we pick one of the days and an early evening time and get together for a drink? Reserve a table for the Sandbar group lol! :D Sounds like a surname to me.
The unknowingness of this all will just make me drive you all crazy with my endless bugging so you may as well just tell me now and if it needs changed later fine but I'm not good with the not knowing. :)
FM-ese to English dictionaries will cost extra. wink
And I'm sorry but caffeine-free FM is no longer available. Ever.
(note to self: Now you've done it. They're all running the other way. :( They're all gonna meet after the 14th lookit watch.) wink :D Even I have to say I've had way too much freaking coffee today. :rolleyes: Yeah, I'll be there...sorry I didn't reply earlier but I have been busy boating for the last 4 days......Let me know if we can get some sort of meeting put together...

FMluvswater
07-02-2003, 12:49 PM
Hello Chase, welcome back! :) Wondered where you went ... that's great you got to go boating for 4 days! :D I saw the pics in the Canada Day thread ... what? no wakeboarding shots? :( wink :D
As for Kelowna and a meeting time and place everything still has a big old question mark ... I'll try to find out about potential spots to meet at. Sunbunny posted a couple of days ago but I haven't actually talked with her yet about when she's going to Kelowna or if she even is going. Hope you're having a good day Chase. :) TTYL
camshaft

spectras only
07-02-2003, 12:58 PM
FM , I'm trying to make it as a maiden voyage this year with the new interior :cool: just finished.Haven't been on the water with my boat this year yet {too busy with other projects :rolleyes: ]. Just met with Malcolm ,[from the board w/18 spectra]] wifey and daughter on saturday at Dave's shop.Very nice couple ,and spent most of the day just shooting the breeze about boats wink .
[ July 02, 2003, 02:02 PM: Message edited by: spectras only ]

Chase
07-02-2003, 01:19 PM
FMluvswaterbabe:
Hello Chase, welcome back! :) Wondered where you went ... that's great you got to go boating for 4 days! :D I saw the pics in the Canada Day thread ... what? no wakeboarding shots? :( wink :D
As for Kelowna and a meeting time and place everything still has a big old question mark ... I'll try to find out about potential spots to meet at. Sunbunny posted a couple of days ago but I haven't actually talked with her yet about when she's going to Kelowna or if she even is going. Hope you're having a good day Chase. :) TTYL
camshaft How's this... http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/332Kelly_in_flight-med.JPG
What's with the engine parts in the signature??? camshaft, coolant....???? like WTS??LOL

FMluvswater
07-02-2003, 01:22 PM
spectras only:
FM , I'm trying to make it as a maiden voyage this year with the new interior :cool: just finished.Haven't been on the water with my boat this year yet {too busy with other projects :rolleyes: ]. Just met with Malcolm ,[from the board w/18 spectra]] wifey and daughter on saturday at Dave's shop.Very nice couple ,and spent most of the day just shooting the breeze about boats wink . That would be great spectras only! I know you met malcolm he was bragging wink (j/k malcolm) about meeting you and talking with you for a good long while and that he got to check out your cool boat and all. I'm officially jealous ... LOL! It would be so odd if we meet in Kelowna ... it seems the long way around considering you work so technically close to where I live, eh? wink :D As long as I do get to meet you eventually, it's all good. :) TTYL
connections

FMluvswater
07-02-2003, 01:32 PM
Chase:
FMluvswaterbabe:
I saw the pics in the Canada Day thread ... what? no wakeboarding shots? :( wink :D
Hope you're having a good day Chase. :) TTYL
camshaft How's this... http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/332Kelly_in_flight-med.JPG
What's with the engine parts in the signature??? camshaft, coolant....???? like WTS??LOL WOW!!! That is so cool!!!! Hope you don't mind but I saved that to my Friends Pics folder!! Go Chase!! Damn that looks bitchen!! Thanks for posting that! I'm in awe. jawdrop
Okay regarding signing my posts with boat related words ... explanation is in my profile under occupation :D further explanation can be found in my thread re: my having reached 3000 posts in a remarkably short time. Self-imposed challenge basically. :)
intensifier

Chase
07-02-2003, 01:36 PM
Just a note to advise that the person in the picture was not me, just a good friend who spends alot of time with a board on his feet. He has however given me lots of instructions, where I am still learning to master the surface 180's and the toeside & heelside frontside 180's. The only time I go inverted is under the water and that seems to score low in competititon...yeah I am laughing..
Here is another one..
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/332Flyin_high-med.JPG
[ July 02, 2003, 02:41 PM: Message edited by: Chase ]

FMluvswater
07-02-2003, 01:44 PM
Chase:
The only time I go inverted is under the water and that seems to score low in competititon...yeah I am laughing And now so am I!!! :D :D
Well then it seems your friend has impressed me- you however get no awe from me (until I see you ride) ... but I will give you awww for the underwater inverted trick! wink :D LOL!
emissions

Tom Brown
07-02-2003, 01:56 PM
hoolign:
...someones gotta be there to keep Tom in line :D Catch me if you can, copper. :D

FMluvswater
07-02-2003, 01:58 PM
Tom Brown:
hoolign:
...someones gotta be there to keep Tom in line :D Catch me if you can, copper. :D Uhhh, y'all better not be talking about naked tag? wink :D LOL!
pressure

FMluvswater
07-03-2003, 02:58 PM
bump hoping sunbunny will pop in and say if she's in on the Kelowna meeting or not. :) I really hope you're in sunbunny. :)
boost