PDA

View Full Version : GM Silverado Speed sensor help!!!

Froggystyle
09-27-2003, 09:22 PM
I am posting this in Tow rigs too, but this place gets a little more traffic...
If any of you folks know how to find a speed sensor wire in a new 2500HD Silverado with a Duramax and Alison I would be greatly appreciative.
My new navigation system needs to tap into it, but I can't find a diagram that includes it, and don't know where to look. I assume that since my stock radio had the variable speed volume control, it should be in the harness somewhere, but who knows...
Thanks in advance,
Wes

mickeyfinn
09-27-2003, 10:24 PM
If you can't find it get a subscription to www.alldata.com. (http://www.alldata.com.) I have one for all my vehicles and have yet to find anything I could find there. Alldata is what a lot of dealerships use to determine "book time" it also has a lot of diagrams and step by step instructions. just look for the do it yourself section (diy)

Froggystyle
09-27-2003, 10:38 PM
riodog:
Wes, it should be the same wire from either the radio or the cruise control to the VCM( vehicle control module). Mine was dark green/white. That's all I can tell you as I was upside down at the time.
Rio What year/type of vehicle?

carreraelite
09-28-2003, 10:06 AM
Yoou ight also try the same question at this web site: http://www.pickuptruck.com

Dr. Eagle
09-28-2003, 10:12 AM
Dude, what year is the pickup? I have a 2001 C/K truck GM Shop Manual from GM. Cost me 165 bucks, but when you need to know, there is nothing like the real thing.

TOBTEK
09-28-2003, 11:03 AM
you bought yourself a new Duramax Wes? If so how do you like it so far? Mine should be here next month. ROZ already hooked me up with the indash DVD system......cant wait.

Dr. Eagle
09-28-2003, 11:06 AM
I just was looking at my shop manual and this was pre duramax, so I don't know how much the wiring harness changed with the new engine. I take it the truck is an 03 or 04?

Froggystyle
09-28-2003, 05:01 PM
TOBTEK:
you bought yourself a new Duramax Wes? If so how do you like it so far? Mine should be here next month. ROZ already hooked me up with the indash DVD system......cant wait. Yeah, I love it. I have had it three weeks or so and I have already done a Bassani exhaust, Kenwood DVD/Navigation/MP3 etc... and Phoenix Gold amps, subs and components. RCD 6" lift, 35's and Welds. Still a little to go before SEMA though. I really like the truck though.
I highly recommend the Bassani over all other mods so far. Quieted it down a ton, and added a great tone to it. From the back, it sounds like a healthy big block instead of a D-max.

Froggystyle
09-28-2003, 06:00 PM
That did it. The green/white wire going into the stereo was the VSS wire. Works like a charm now!
Thanks again guys.

Froggystyle
09-28-2003, 08:37 PM
riodog:
Does that get me 10% off a new boat?
Rio aka Michael :D We will be having our release party next month... you want an invite???