PDA

View Full Version : 1st public gay high school set for NY

Freak
07-28-2003, 11:13 AM
NEW YORK, July 28 — New York City is creating the nation’s first public high school for gays, bisexuals and transgender students.The Harvey Milk High School will enroll about 100 students and open in a newly renovated building in the fall. It is named after San Francisco’s first openly gay city supervisor, who was assassinated in 1978.
http://www.msnbc.com/news/945134.asp?0cv=CB20
Now aint that something. I'm surprised Cali didn't do it first.
[ July 28, 2003, 12:22 PM: Message edited by: Freak ]

N:ck
07-28-2003, 11:15 AM
That's like having an all-girls or all-boys public school! Burn it down! :mad:

Freak
07-28-2003, 11:32 AM
Someone just might.

NOTALENT
07-28-2003, 11:36 AM
I must say this is uncalled for!!! Its just going to cause more conflict. I personally dont agree with gays but lesbion are cool haha...exept the butches..

HammerDown
07-28-2003, 11:54 AM
I bet the bath rooms will be busy!

H20 Party Starter
07-28-2003, 11:56 AM
N:ck:
Burn it down! :mad: LMAO..........right with ya bud :D
[ July 28, 2003, 12:58 PM: Message edited by: H20 Party Starter ]

Freak
07-28-2003, 11:57 AM
HammerDown:
I bet the bath rooms will be busy! LAMO - I'm gonna puke!

VillainDave
07-28-2003, 12:14 PM
You think instead of the raising the american fag up the pole I mean flag they'll send up one of those nice little rainbow ones with gold fringe around it!!!

Boozer
07-28-2003, 12:26 PM
Shit like this pisses me off! burningm
So you guys feel that these kids are not entitled to this? There are gay people in this world and there are a lot more of them then you guys care to realize. I really feel for those of you with kids. There's a 40% chance that one of your kids will be gay. If gays were openly accepted by people then there would be no need for a school like this but because of people like those of you who feel gays are sick and gays are wrong and their school should be burned down, schools like this have become a neccessity.
This is a free country is it not? Which stands for freedom of religion and freedom to think for yourself without persecution. You guys want your freedoms imposed on? I sure hope not and if you do maybe you should move to North Korea and live there where you do what you are told and don't have to deal with gays or transgenders.
These gay kids getting their own schools are your future so you had better respect them regardless because they WILL be your future presidents, bosses, lawyers, doctors, etc.
I don't think that being gay is right but it is not my job to judge or persecute these people because of their beliefs. It is however my responsibility as a compassionate understanding decent human being to let these people live their lives the way that they choose and not judge them because of it. Who am I to say they are wrong and sick for what they do?
Until the persecution of homosexuals is stopped I think they deserve their own schools and I think that this should become a trend. I also hope that you narrowminded f*&%^ enjoy picking up the tab on this. Your narrowminded views will be passed on to your children and their views will be passed onto their children and so on meaning more of these schools will be built and you will pay more taxes to support.
Accept the fact that not everyone is like you and not everyone believes what you do. Until then, pay up because these schools will continue and they will continue to cost you money. Raise my taxes, in my opinion this is a worthwhile cause and I don't mind having to pay for it. I'd rather pay an extra couple dollars a paycheck to know that my fellow American children can go to a school where they will not be judged and will be treated like regualr human beings regardless of their sexual orientation.
Enjoy :D

Kilrtoy
07-28-2003, 12:31 PM
Now aint that something. I'm surprised Cali didn't do it first.
To late they already have a few in L.A.

Boozer
07-28-2003, 12:37 PM
Forensic:
Yeah Boozer, stirring the pot eh? :D
I think I heard the same bilge from the last gay topic post. argue
I have no problems with gays. I do have a problem with a PUBLIC school bieng SEGREGATED.
nuff said... :) And you'll hear the same again when the next gay topic comes up.

Kilrtoy
07-28-2003, 12:39 PM
BOOZER,
your off on this one,
What next school for blacks only, then what,
KIDS WHOSE PARENTS OWN BOATS ONLY. Sorry, the gay and Lesbian community fight so hard and profess so loudly they are not different than one else. So why do they need a special school. If they are going to build these kinds on schools, The only justification I can see is for people with special needs. Meaning Physically or mentally challenged persons.Sorry gay and lesbian does not fall into either.
BECAUSE THEY HAVE SEX WITH THE SAME GENDER DOES NOT QUALIFY THEM FOR SPECIAL SCHOOLS.....

You Te
07-28-2003, 12:41 PM
I think that makes about as much sence as a high school for men that want to rape women.
What do they do in study hall suck each other off.
I can see the teacher, and now class I need a volunteer for today's lesson on how to deep thorat, and for you female types, open your books to the chapter entitled, "strap ons, a womens best friend. eek!
Uncle Tony

spectratoad
07-28-2003, 12:43 PM
Well boozer I would agree but I think alot of people don't agree with it because it goes against everything that society and nature agrees with. I also suppose that gays may be a little more accepted if they did not continue to force people to accept their lifestyle and try to get all these laws in their favor passed and continue to try to get gay marriage to be accepted as the norm. I personnally don't care if someone is gay or not and have a number of friends who are. Just try to be a productive part of society and keep your lifestyle to yourself and don't impose it on me. That goes for gays, straight, fetish, bondage, S&M etc...
But when I continually get bombarded with the typical "accept my lifestyle as the norm or your a homophobe and are wrong" I just shut down and you won't get any support from me no matter what idea you are pushing.
I always hear how minorities and gays always want everyone to accept them yet do all kinds of things to seperate themselves from the majority and then blame the majority for making them feel like they are not included in the mainstream.

NOTALENT
07-28-2003, 12:44 PM
Boozer I disagree with you. This is almost like a racist school. You cant have a school with all white people or all black people why should they get there own! Theres hate for all the different races so now they categorize them by sexuality so what! ITs bull shit. argue

spectratoad
07-28-2003, 12:47 PM
As I have always said,
Being gay is not a culture, a race, genetic, IT IS A CHOICE! so making that choice doesn't afford you the same benefits and respect other things may.

Boozer
07-28-2003, 12:50 PM
Kilrtoy:
BOOZER,
KIDS WHOSE PARENTS OWN BOATS ONLY. They have those. They are called Private schools. Sure they should have started the gay only schools as private schools but they didn't. Oh well....
Black only schools?? What school have you been to lately where black people have been persecuted for the color of their skin? You probably haven't because if the bruthas are picked on they'll shoot you without question. Gay people want to be treated equal and they want to be treated fairly but the reality is that right now they are not. They probably wont be for a while. I can remember when I was in high School and the few gay kids that were in my high school had to deal with BS everyday being called fag and everything else u could think of.
It's a good thing homo's are for the most part laid back and the guys are to worried about getting their dicks sucked to worry about being picked on most of the time to go out and get a gun. I can tell you that if I were gay and I had to deal with what I see the gay kids dealing with I'd have killed a lot of high school kids a long time ago. But, if any one in the gay community were to do that it would probably be one of the butch dikes. Those are some mean mean mean women.

Kilrtoy
07-28-2003, 12:54 PM
They have those. They are called Private schools. Sure they should have started the gay only schools as private schools but they didn't. Oh well....
tHANK YOU FOR ANSWERING MY QUESTION,
BUILD THE DAMN PRIVATE SCHOOL AND PAY FOR IT YOURSELF.
As for the blacks yes there are lot in L.A. where they are in fear for their lives, if you like I can name them.
Now lets talk about being racist, A brotha would get a gun and shoot them. NICE so all blacks are poor and gang-sta's. RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!

totenhosen
07-28-2003, 12:55 PM
Another reason to support school vouchers so that you can send your kids to any school of your choice!

Boozer
07-28-2003, 12:59 PM
Kilrtoy:
They have those. They are called Private schools. Sure they should have started the gay only schools as private schools but they didn't. Oh well....
tHANK YOU FOR ANSWERING MY QUESTION,
BUILD THE DAMN PRIVATE SCHOOL AND PAY FOR IT YOURSELF.
As for the blacks yes there are lot in L.A. where they are in fear for their lives, if you like I can name them.
Now lets talk about being racist, A brotha would get a gun and shoot them. NICE so all blacks are poor and gang-sta's. RIGHT!!!!!!!!!! I never said they are gangsters and I never said they are poor. However, ALL races tend to stick together for the most part. You have a few people who hang out with others of the opposite race (regualrly) and no matter what school you go to there's a REALLY good chance there are black gang members there. You say something to one of the black kids that's racist and you can bet your ass one of the gang bangers is going to hear about it. But, I'm not even going to say anything more because now you're going to start a totally different subject that pisses me off as well.

NOTALENT
07-28-2003, 01:03 PM
If gay people want to be equal then why are they seperating themselves from us. And by now there are so many of them they are treated as equals I personally dont see any hate crimes in Long Beach.
And as for the blacks every school still has the racial tensions and no there not as hardcore as you seem to describe them to be. I would know that becuase I graduated in 2001. At my school they are looked down upon by quite a few. And if there is a conflict they dont go for there guns. You settle it then and there. Not once has anyone pulled a weapon.

You Te
07-28-2003, 01:05 PM
Boozer,
I'm not going to waste much time on this topic.
To each his own, black/white gay/straight I don't give a shit. Oh, the poor little gay's they need a school just for them, because people beat them up. Guess what, it's a tough life for all of us not just the gay's.
If the gay's would just keep their sex life private like most normal people do, they might not have such a problem.
I get sick of gay this and gay that.
You Te

HOOTER SLED-
07-28-2003, 01:07 PM
I guess there is really gonna be a "prom QUEEN"
Are they gonna let all the dudes shower together in gym class??
What, a school full of chearleaders and no football team?
I could go on for days. :D :D

Boozer
07-28-2003, 01:13 PM
HOOTER SLED-:
I could go on for days. :D :D As much as I hate the gay bashing, this was funny.
I do wonder though, would the bathrooms be co-ed since after all, it would be pointless to seperate them since neither sex is attracted to the opposite.

spectratoad
07-28-2003, 01:17 PM
:D :D LMAO
I would imagine the art department is going to be busy.

spectratoad
07-28-2003, 01:21 PM
Just imagine the alterations to the building in the way of plumbing (no pun intended) The trans genders would want their own since they don't fit in with anyone else. The gays and lesbians would all want their own. I am sure that some of the lesbians/dykes would want urinals in their restroom since they probably prefer to stand to take a leak.

superdave013
07-28-2003, 01:34 PM
Boozer:
ALL races tend to stick together for the most part. So do fags and we see what side of the fence you're skipping on. :cool:

Her454
07-28-2003, 01:34 PM
One positive - Im sure it will cut down on the high school pregnancy rate...... :D eek!

Irishluck
07-28-2003, 01:47 PM
Kilrtoy:
BOOZER,
your off on this one,
What next school for blacks only, then what,
KIDS WHOSE PARENTS OWN BOATS ONLY. Sorry, the gay and Lesbian community fight so hard and profess so loudly they are not different than one else. So why do they need a special school. If they are going to build these kinds on schools, The only justification I can see is for people with special needs. Meaning Physically or mentally challenged persons.Sorry gay and lesbian does not fall into either.
BECAUSE THEY HAVE SEX WITH THE SAME GENDER DOES NOT QUALIFY THEM FOR SPECIAL SCHOOLS..... I agree with you on this one. What message does this send to the kids.

Kilrtoy
07-28-2003, 01:54 PM
Regardless, of how poorly written you want to put it, Your racist undertones are seeping through.
An all gay high school makes as much sense as a FOOTBALL BAT.
Where can I get one of those

Jrocket
07-28-2003, 02:05 PM
Kilrtoy:
Sorry, the gay and Lesbian community fight so hard and profess so loudly they are not different than one else. So why do they need a special school. If they are going to build these kinds on schools, The only justification I can see is for people with special needs. Meaning Physically or mentally challenged persons.Sorry gay and lesbian does not fall into either.
BECAUSE THEY HAVE SEX WITH THE SAME GENDER DOES NOT QUALIFY THEM FOR SPECIAL SCHOOLS..... Exactly what I think!!Mentally and physically challenged kids need more attention in this world(like schools)than a group of people that think they are special just because they like the same gender.What a ****ing joke.I dont disagree with homosexuallity,but lets get ****ing real here people.A gay kid can get through life much easier than any mentally or physically challenged kid.

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-28-2003, 02:21 PM
I have to agree with Jrocket. A special ed kid can not go through life like a gay kid. There to me is nothing wrong with being gay but they can hide it from the public a physically disabled or mentally disabled kid can not. That is why they (physically) are picked on more than we know. But on the other hand if i were to send my kids to a all white school like i've heard on here before Jessie Jackson would be at my door step in a minute if not sooner. But it's o.k. in the public eye to have a united negro college fund. But where is the college fund for my hard working kids. That may not have the money or live in the right city to have a sponcer for their college. Anyone want to pay for my kids to go to college too.I am not racist or anything like that. Just making a point. May not be the best way to do it but WTF!!!

Kilrtoy
07-28-2003, 02:40 PM
But it's o.k. in the public eye to have a united negro college fund.
That is for all the ones that didnt get the sports scholarship.

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-28-2003, 02:41 PM
Kilrtoy:
But it's o.k. in the public eye to have a united negro college fund.
That is for all the ones that didnt get the sports scholarship. So where are the ones for my kids or your kids or anyone elses kids? :D

Kilrtoy
07-28-2003, 02:44 PM
Its called hard working parents like you and I who dont take advantage of the system, due to the color of our skin

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-28-2003, 02:46 PM
This is true and I agree with you 100%.

mickeyfinn
07-28-2003, 05:36 PM
Well I may as get on the losing star bandwagon. The idea of gay schools is ....well.....STUPID!!!! It is nothing but another way of segregation. I agree that if you can't do segregated schools by race or by color or national origin then you damn sure shouldn't be able to do it by sexual preference. I agree that this is a CHOICE!!! This is supposed to be a free country meaning that the government will not infringe on your rights. It also means that you are responsible for your own actions and if another group in society finds your actions objectionable they have the right to say so. The government's job is not to protect you from hearing other peoples objections to your decisions. If you want to make gay schools then get the parents of these kids to kick in together and start a private school for gays. NO PUBLIC FUNDING!!! (Vouchers may help here). Bottom line is homosexuals are not a protected class of people and should not be treated as such.
Of course there is another option:
Build the school out of extremely cheap materials let school convene and as soon as everyone is inside BURN IT!!!

Seadog
07-29-2003, 05:29 AM
Gay schools will aggrevate the problem they are meant to stop. You cannot get people to stop fearing gays by segregation. If you want to stop persecution, then take the jocks and prom queen types and send them off to their own schools. set up schools based on social standing and parential income. Have a school for kids into the dark aspects of life, Goth, witchcraft, guns, etc. Have the worst teachers there. Then when they shoot up the school, no great loss.
As far as I am concerned, homosexuals should not be granted any special priveledges. We are getting too exclusionary in our policies, giving special status to any group that wants it.
[ July 29, 2003, 06:29 AM: Message edited by: Seadog ]

mickeyfinn
07-29-2003, 07:55 AM
While the subject is still up, I wish that people would stop referring to them as homosexual. I do this as much as the next but the truth is they are "faggots, scum suckers, or whatever other disgusting term you wish to use to refer to them" Now this only applies to guys!!! Women who like women I can understand. It is hard to blame anyone for liking pu$$y...And if you find a woman who like guys and girls she should be regarded as a treasured resource who has the potential for bringing home HUGE pleasures for both of you. Now for the term "Homophobe". This is another misused word. It seems to be used to describe anyone who thinks that faggots are just "wrong" or "sick" or "sinful". The fact that you have morals or religious beliefs does not mean you are "afraid" of them. I don't personally believe the government should make it illegal, however if society deems it improper and wants to deny these people things such as "spousal benefits" then so be it. As for descriminatory hiring practices I don't believe anyone would argue that homosexuals are the largest segment of the population (by a HUGE factor) sick with AIDS. A local food chain here had established a policy of not hiring faggots because of "health concerns". This was challenged in court and the restraunt lost. THAT IS WRONG!!! Until they can tell you how to cure it they damn sure can't tell you how to catch it. I say let the people vote with their feet. If people don't agree with these practices then then they can eat somewhere else. Same with other businesses. And don't start with the logic of doing the same with the protected minorities. These are all people who were born the way they are whether it be black white purple pink or red. The faggots have made a decision to live the lifestyle they have chosen and are twisting the laws of the Country to force the rest of us to view this as an acceptable way of life. It is time for the majority of people in this country to remember that if they don't vote they don't have the right to bitch. If we don't use this right then we will have a Grey Davis in Georgia or Alabama or other extremely conservative areas of the country. We have seen the governments attempt to right previous wrongs, "reverse discrimination"
Just my HOMOPHOBIC, LIBERAL HATING $0.02 worth.
Oh yeah,
I did see some study sometime that proved that only half of the faggots were born that way. The other half were sucked into it...........

Dave C
07-29-2003, 08:18 AM
"Gay High School" Do you know how to give this concept the "fairness" test?
Replace the word "Gay" with "white" and watch how many people proclaim that it is wrong, not fair, selective and racist, etc. etc. etc.
If you cannot pass this test then it is preferential treatment, plain and simple.
In a supposedly equal system, why should one group get preferential treatment over another group?
[ July 29, 2003, 09:20 AM: Message edited by: Dave C ]

Boozer
07-29-2003, 08:49 AM
Dave C:
"Gay High School" Do you know how to give this concept the "fairness" test?
Replace the word "Gay" with "white" and watch how many people proclaim that it is wrong, not fair, selective and racist, etc. etc. etc.
If you cannot pass this test then it is preferential treatment, plain and simple.
In a supposedly equal system, why should one group get preferential treatment over another group? Your theory is not valid. If it were valid then wouldn't having a "African American club" in high school and a Black entertainment Television network be prefferential? But prefferential treatment wouldn't be tolerated so obviously these things are not prefferential they are just owed to them right?
Put White in front of American Club. Put White in front of Entertainment television. Both of those things = Racist. Right????
But now you're opening a total different bag of worms.
I can certainly understand the view points that you guys have. And in a lot of ways I can see why you don't think they deserve their own schools. However, there is something I have been seeing from a lot of you and that's that you dont want their views pushed off on you. Well now that they have their own schools they can't push their beliefs and views onto anyone at school because they are in a different school.
Also.... Things are only progressing with the gay subject. This morning on my way to work I heard about a new show that is airing on Bravo tonight. It is called Boy meets Boy and it's pretty much a gay version of the bachelor. 1 Single gay man 15 single gay guys all competing for the single gay guy all under the same roof. Apparently large television networks have already said that if this show is a success on Bravo they are going to put it on network TV.
I personally am opposed to this television show. I wouldn't want my kids flipping through the tv channels and coming across this type of show (if i had kids). Seeing as how and Will and Grace is a huge hit for whatever channel, and Queer as Folk is a huge hit. I have a feeling this show will make it to network tv before you know it. It's becoming time to throw the TV away.
I have no problems with gays as mentioned but I do hate it when homosexuality is glamorized.

hoolign
07-29-2003, 08:54 AM
All I gotta say is ...Adam and Eve...NOT, Adam and Steve

eliminatedsprinter
07-29-2003, 09:27 AM
Boozer,
The key element you seem to have missed is that this is a public school. No public school should be intentionally segregated on the basis of race, religion, sex, or sexual preferance.

totenhosen
07-29-2003, 10:13 AM
eliminatedsprinter:
Boozer,
The key element you seem to have missed is that this is a public school. No public school should be intentionally segregated on the basis of race, religion, sex, or sexual preferance. Like I said earlier that no one seemed to address is that this is more reason to have school vouchers. This why someone could establish a private high school to cater to whatever beliefs you wanted. If the education sucks and doesn't prepare them for life thats their own fault because they chose that school to attend.

Boozer
07-29-2003, 10:26 AM
Didn't the republican party shoot down the vouchers?

totenhosen
07-29-2003, 11:32 AM
Boozer:
Didn't the republican party shoot down the vouchers? Not in California! I thought school vouchers was one of the items Bush was backing during his election campaign.

VillainDave
07-29-2003, 03:15 PM
So now do they think that there won't be gay hate groups in front of the school waiting for the students to come put

eliminatedsprinter
07-29-2003, 03:19 PM
Boozer:
Didn't the republican party shoot down the vouchers? Your kidding, right :confused: .
[ July 29, 2003, 04:19 PM: Message edited by: eliminatedsprinter ]

Kim Hanson
07-29-2003, 03:22 PM
I have read some screwed up shit on here, but this one wins hands down......gays suck period!.......( . )( . )..... :D

Boozer
07-29-2003, 03:23 PM
It was to my understanding that Bush did not support the vouchers. Maybe I understood wrong.

eliminatedsprinter
07-29-2003, 03:31 PM
Bush supports vouchers, however, in his education bill he gave them up to compromise with the dems, who strongly oppose them.
[ July 29, 2003, 04:32 PM: Message edited by: eliminatedsprinter ]