PDA

View Full Version : What is up with the Sundance Bar?

bigboy78
09-10-2003, 12:54 PM
Does any one know if it is open or if it is shut down for the winter? Called the number on the website and it is no longer in service.

Blown 472
09-10-2003, 01:02 PM
I have been to havasu once went to resturant on the left side of the bridge as you were going away from the main land, what was it?

TheLurker
09-10-2003, 01:07 PM
Blown 472:
I have been to havasu once went to resturant on the left side of the bridge as you were going away from the main land, what was it? Are you talking about the Red Robin?

TheLurker
09-10-2003, 01:08 PM
Blown 472:
I have been to havasu once went to resturant on the left side of the bridge as you were going away from the main land, what was it? Are you talking about the Red Robin? or Kokomos at the hoter, or ...

TheLurker
09-10-2003, 01:08 PM
Blown 472:
I have been to havasu once went to resturant on the left side of the bridge as you were going away from the main land, what was it? Are you talking about the Red Robin? or Kokomos at the hotel, or ...?

Blown 472
09-10-2003, 01:09 PM
It was a two story with dark wood on the outside I think.

Banzai Fry
09-10-2003, 01:20 PM
Foxes and Roadrunner are the places now. Ive never seen sundance happening any more!

91nordic29
09-10-2003, 02:52 PM
BLOWN--
was it shugrue's?

24RODjr
09-10-2003, 03:02 PM
Dave, Just noticed the tag line...
Didn't know that you liked to Zoom-a-zoom-zoom and a boom-boom....
-Chris "Song Library" Rodriguez

mbrown2
09-10-2003, 03:07 PM
Hopefully all those packed weekend's are staying north of the dam in Havasu....the packed weekend's were really not that packed in Parker this year...
Sundance was great in past and for night action, but with the Smokey's on the water, the amount of night cruising has really lessened this year, so folks party more at campsites and homes...and stay off the water and roads...

ColeTR1
09-10-2003, 03:18 PM
I went to sundance about a month ago with ten of my friends, who like me can drink their share of cold ones! A guy at the door, who I think was Bin Laden’s brother and the owner, told us it was going to be eighty bucks just to go in. eek! F-THAT, eighty bucks to go into that S--t Hole. That :confused: dumb ass we would have drank ten times that much at the Bar, and we did next door at Fox’s. I heard they went out of business. :D :D
[ September 10, 2003, 04:24 PM: Message edited by: ColeTR1 ]

Jrocket
09-10-2003, 03:30 PM
The place sucks! Tear it down and start over.

Trailer Park Casanova
09-10-2003, 03:32 PM
I understood from the neighbors we talked to at the sandbar, that the girl that was sub-leasing it from the owner couldn't make the rent, and folded.
Titty/Bikini bars aren't going to bring regular partying river girls in, just the soiled doves that work there according to the neighbors. So overall, business will be less too.
DAMFINO?
Anyway, for what ever reason or opinion, business never took off their this year it seemed.

hboldno7
09-10-2003, 03:39 PM
RiverDave:
Jrocket:
The place sucks! Tear it down and start over. The Bar itself is awesome!! The staff is what sucks.. The building is actually pretty classy through and through, it's just not kept up like it was back in it's hey day. :(
RD Dave, please tell me that you did not just use the word "Classy" in a sundance post. :D

chub
09-10-2003, 04:44 PM
Sounds like RD is wantin' to buy a bar? eek!

Trailer Park Casanova
09-10-2003, 07:10 PM
I went to its regularly in it prime and it was a really good place.
You can see flashes here and there of how it was.
The parking area had nice cars, not construction equip,, the river attitude was in the air, nice waitresses, entertainment, good food, cheap drinks and 2 for 1 drinks often on top of that. It was excellent.
It always had a pulse. Always nice looking, excellent women about.
Groups of girls visiting the river went to the Sundance way before anyplace else. The overflow went elsewhere.
If it had a resort connected to it, with nice rooms and slips, hell, even some small Avalon type rooms, then clean it back up the way it was,, the foot traffic from the resort alone would keep it in Biz.
It was awsum.
That piece of real estate must have a huge lot value,, and it'll probably go the way of sports valley, get scraped, and one day be condos.
Ya can't drive there for a drink,, you'll more than likely get a DUI,, and water enforcement along the river is picking up so DUI chances on the water is increased too,,
The future is not to brite for the Sundance.
Ya can't go home. Don't say **** the future, this is an example how the future ****s you.
TPC-AKA Big Wake Jake
[ September 10, 2003, 10:27 PM: Message edited by: Trailer Park Casanova ]

Mandelon
09-10-2003, 07:34 PM
The potential is there.....just need some deep pockets, a little imagination, some ambition and some time.

bchbum
09-10-2003, 08:51 PM
I think I'll go & check my lotto #'s , who knows ???

gigamurph
09-10-2003, 10:51 PM
Blown 472:
I have been to havasu once went to resturant on the left side of the bridge as you were going away from the main land, what was it? If your talkin' about on the island, the only thing on the left (south) side of the bridge headin' away from LHC (west) is Javalina Cantina. Was it Mexican? Ate there in June when it had only been open a week or two. Great food, service, bars! A realkeeper!
:)