PDA

View Full Version : Parker report and tidbits...

HighRoller
05-05-2003, 08:24 PM
I was in Parker this past weekend so I thought I'd pass on some things I observed that might be helpful to my fellow partiers.
Sundance:Bonus points for installing a gentleman's club upstairs,bonus points cancelled for only having 2 girls and not much selection of alcohol.It also stank in there and took me 10 minutes to get a drink even though it was almost empty!!No foam party and no more than 20 people in the whole entire place on Saturday nite.
Fox's:Probably the place to be,much improved and now has an outdoor taco shack as well as the indoor eats.Just don't forget to park your rig backwards!!!Bonus points for a nice shady clean campground within staggering distance!!!
Roadrunner:It appears the reports of their demise were premature.Wet T contest was goin on and the RoadRapers still have to be sipped because the straw melts!!Points deducted for Timmy being let go.
WATCH THE WATER LEVEL CLOSELY!!!My buddy's Ultra goes from 0-50 pretty fast but DAMN it goes from 50-0 a hell of a lot faster!!!!!DOHHH!!!By 9pm there was bare sand in the middle of the river about a mile south of the dam on the east side of the channel which is very unusual for this time of year.4 hours later the entire river was so low that our other friend got to test the brakes on his rig too,on the other side of the river from that sandbar.DOHHH!!!2 bent props and a bruised lower unit later we made it back.Nothin a couple hammers,a file and some cussin couldn't fix!!!

HighRoller
05-05-2003, 08:26 PM
P.S.YES I reminded them of every single derogatory remark they had ever made about my jetboat while they were filin and cussin!!!!!

mbrown2
05-05-2003, 08:29 PM
HR,
What time/day were you at Foxes? What kind of boat were you in? We were there Saturday afternoon around 02:00 - 04:00

HighRoller
05-05-2003, 09:01 PM
We were actually at the RoadRunner then watching the bachelor from our party hosing down nubile young hotties with a hose while I took pictures for blackmail purposes.What were you guys in?We were in an Ultra 21XT yellow/gray/black/ purple with white checkers,buddies were in a white faggot tourney ski boat and others were in an old black/blue/aqua Commander with a string puller.

mbrown2
05-05-2003, 09:09 PM
We were at Foxes, and made a drive by on Roadrunner around 04:00-04:30..while the Wet T-Shirt contest was going..There was no Parking, so we headed back towards dam and a couple of minutes of floating. We were in a DCB Mach 26 White with Blue/Red..

HighRoller
05-05-2003, 09:11 PM
Was it an open bow?Where did you launch?

mbrown2
05-05-2003, 09:34 PM
Yes, it was an open bow, we lauched about a mile south of the dam at Polynesian Shores. We have a house there with a launch ramp at the end of the street.
[ May 05, 2003, 10:34 PM: Message edited by: mbrown2 ]

HighRoller
05-05-2003, 09:45 PM
Damn dude you launched next to us,we were workin on the boat on the trailer,I'm sure you saw it,the next ramp upriver in Poly Shores#1.What a small world!!!Sorry to say I was tryin to look at your boat but got distracted by the lady in the black bathing suit.(No disrespect intended.)She was quite shapely and very attractive!!!Did you guys have any trouble with the water level??

mbrown2
05-05-2003, 09:55 PM
Funny...it is a small world...No disrepect taken, but the lady in black was my wife...she distracts me as well. Since you mentioned Poly 1, I now remember the Yellow Ultra, the Commander with the Whacker on back, and I think it was the Tourney boat you guys were working on?

Jordy
05-05-2003, 10:10 PM
Dammit, I missed all you guys while I was piloting around a 22' Nordic... :D
I did get to see you guys MB, but you never came by the pad...

HighRoller
05-05-2003, 10:16 PM
Yup,just doin a little redneck lab finishing on the ol brass wheel on our buddy's tourney rig.Okay,actually they were filing,pounding and cussing while I was drinking and laughing.Then when he asked me how I could laugh I said"Hey,you know we're gonna laugh about it later,I'm just getting an early start!!"But hey,in all honesty his boat may be slow but at least it rides like crap!!!Tell your wife that coming from a guy who doesn't like Calista Flockhart types,she's a stone cold knockout!!!

mbrown2
05-05-2003, 10:19 PM
jordanpaulk:
Dammit, I missed all you guys while I was piloting around a 22' Nordic... :D
I did get to see you guys MB, but you never came by the pad... So Jordy, that was you piloting the Nordic? I thought the pilot looked familiar, but was unsure. I had a boat load and I needed to drop off some folks that I had enough of...When I saw you guys I was getting ready to drop some folks off, and then go and get RD. After I saw you guys I figured you guys would be at Roadrunner. I tried to go back to Roadrunner after Foxes later in the day and saw the Nordic tied up at the end, but with no parking I waited and nothing cleared up....You guys must have had a blast there...it looked like it was kind of packed.

mbrown2
05-05-2003, 10:23 PM
HighRoller:
Yup,just doin a little redneck lab finishing on the ol brass wheel on our buddy's tourney rig.Okay,actually they were filing,pounding and cussing while I was drinking and laughing.Then when he asked me how I could laugh I said"Hey,you know we're gonna laugh about it later,I'm just getting an early start!!" I will pass along the compliment...I am positive she will be flattered. Redneck Lab Finish...That is some funny shit; I heard you guys pounding away, and I was thinking....Launch Ramp Lab Finish...what be could better :)
[ May 05, 2003, 11:24 PM: Message edited by: mbrown2 ]

HighRoller
05-05-2003, 11:04 PM
Damn that's funny we were all within 50 yards of each other at one time and didn't know it!!!We were at the outdoor table closest to the bar and I"m sorry that we bogarted all the action,BUT the bachelor onstage was our buddy and the winner of the Wet T contest came from our table.It must have been fixed!!!!!!