PDA

View Full Version : CP Performance

Schiada76
08-06-2002, 03:39 PM
Someone was complaining recently about CP. I just bought some parts from them and the anodized extinguisher bracket was defective when I received it. I called them they air shipped me a new one the next day with a ups return ticket for the bad one, they also threw a t-shirt in the box for the hassle with no input from me. Not bad service if you ask me.
[ August 06, 2002, 04:40 PM: Message edited by: BradP ]

gnarley
08-06-2002, 03:59 PM
They must be reading the posts here & are trying to mend their image. It is not the average response on the boards about CP but good for you! I would still stay clear if possible.

TripleThreat
08-06-2002, 04:12 PM
Rick at CP has always done a really great job fo me. I bought my Jet Pump rebuild kit there. I was incorrect about the wear ring size, and they sent me another one along with a call tag for the other one and OVERNIGHTED it. If CP has a bad rap I wouldn't know it fom my expereince.
Jay
[ August 06, 2002, 05:14 PM: Message edited by: TripleThreat ]

DickDanger
08-06-2002, 04:47 PM
My only bitch about CP is that everytime I have e mailed them with a question, my mail is always returned with the "unable to deliver" BS. Oh well, just means I have to get my lazy ass up and use the phone. -DD Out

spectratoad
08-06-2002, 08:23 PM
I drove from Reno to the store to get my rub rail and some other stuff to save some shipping dollars, had to go up in the area any way. They were all really nice. The other time I order over the phone and I had to tell the girl how the items came (each, foot, pair etc...) she didn't have a clue. I did get all of my stuff correctly though, it was later than they said it would get to me but it wasn't that big a deal at the time. As of now I would use them again though.

HM
08-06-2002, 09:04 PM
CP Performance is a stand up shop.
[ August 06, 2002, 10:06 PM: Message edited by: HolyMoly ]

BigJetDaddy
08-07-2002, 06:08 AM
My experience:
Last season I order three items from CP for my jet boat restoration project, was told the items were in stock and would ship next day. 10 days later I called, they said they had no record of the order. I order same three items. Week later I called, they said they had not shipped yet. Another week went by, they said they still had not shipped....I told them to forget it! I ended up finding the stuff used from another jet boater.
On another note, I just ordered 11 items from rexmarine yesterday for my V-drive. What a pleasure to deal with over the phone. Was knowlegable, patient, helpful, and even stayed on hold for a long time when I needed to go out to the barn to measure something.
Just my 2 cents.
BJD

burning cole
08-07-2002, 06:34 AM
I have ordered a bunch of stuff through them over the past two years, and not once have they gotten an order wrong, and thier prices are very competitive.

hack job
08-07-2002, 07:17 AM
cp is great i know that i have ordered many things form them and all of them work great! :D now i cant say that about other companys( eddie marine) rex has been good too!

HM
08-07-2002, 10:59 AM
Not to discount anyone's complaints, but is always interesting to here the other side's story when there is a problem. I has seen several complaints about a few companies/individuals I like to do business with and have asked them about things I see on these boards - and have heard something different.
CP Performance has given me excellent service, and I am not a big spender with them, relative to what many customers spend.
The only problem I have run into is too many damn loyal customers!

Kamakazi Ken
08-14-2002, 08:12 PM
Amen, Brother
KK :confused: :confused: :confused:

Hotcrusader76
08-14-2002, 09:25 PM
HolyMoly:
CP Performance is a stand up shop.My first order ever from them for a $30 item took over 4 weeks to arrive, no communication from them at all.
Then I tried again last month to order another item, and I got shuffled around on the phone from transfer here to there and back again...then to be on hold for 10 minutes???? Sorry....bye bye....I hung up and went to Rex.
Come on CP...it takes more than 2 or 3 positive ***boat.net posts on a thread to redeam yourself.
[ August 14, 2002, 10:26 PM: Message edited by: Hotcrusader76 ]

flat broke
08-15-2002, 08:37 AM
Hotcrusader76:
HolyMoly:
CP Performance is a stand up shop.My first order ever from them for a $30 item took over 4 weeks to arrive, no communication from them at all.
Then I tried again last month to order another item, and I got shuffled around on the phone from transfer here to there and back again...then to be on hold for 10 minutes???? Sorry....bye bye....I hung up and went to Rex.
Come on CP...it takes more than 2 or 3 positive ***boat.net posts on a thread to redeam yourself.In that case I'll add my positive fedback to the pot and perhaps then they'll be redeemed. I have ordered everything from gauges to exhaust systems to an order for 1 oil temp sender from them. Everyime, they have done right by me. In fact on the last order, I wanted to have them send the stuff air, but the guy asked how bad I really needed it. I told him 2 days and he said, it will go out ground today and be there in 2 days. His concern was saving me some $$ on shipping when I asked for a more expensive method. Good customer service if you ask me. When you call, do yourself a favor and have the catalog in front of you and the part numbers written down. It definitely makes it easier for all parties involved.
I'll also say that Rex has never done me wrong either. For that matter, the couple odds and ends we run to Teauge for always yield good results as well. The only large custom marine supplier that I'll give the thumbs down to is Eddie. I could write a nice little book with Eddieisms that have f**ked my brother and I over the past couple of years.
Chris

HM
08-15-2002, 09:52 AM
I had a bad experience with Teague. But I won't blast them (more than this quick jab!)as I hear lots of people like them. My problem was with an individual who no longer works there. I got pissed off in their shop and cussed the guy out - I think I came across as an unreasonable individual. My problem was that they just let me leave without trying to work things out on what was their stupid f-up.
On a positive note for Teague - their shop is real nice with lots a shiny goddies to get excited over. They stock lots a parts (except the one I needed!) and are pretty helpful in general.

gnarley
08-16-2002, 02:13 PM
Hollis:
Found out why the engine was bangin...The idiots at CPPerformance sent me a CW starter! It was trying to turn the engine over in reverse!
Would this ruin my engine?? :mad:

propless
08-16-2002, 04:07 PM
I have had "acceptable" service from CP and will return. I have had to change my order after the fact because what was thought available was not after loosing a week of boating so I find their inventory visibility rather weak at best. I did find their folks however very helpful......... Will I purchase there agin, very likly for non critical items.
But, I must admit that that my dealings with jetboatperformance.com have been great. Are they the cheapest, I don't know and honestly do not care. Why? I get a real person talking to me on the phone who understands what I need (or what I'm trying to ask for without me having being a mechanical engineer), and comprehends that I need it now - and I get that type of customer service and follow through customer service after the fact.
Pretty simple and that is what I expect - we are the customer are we not?

Mohavekid
08-17-2002, 08:26 AM
Just to throw in my .02, I've ordered from CP several times and they've been great. I ordered a place diverter from them and it showed up the next day. No extra shipping, I was shocked. Rex is great too. They are very helpful on the phone and tell you up front is something you ordered is not in stock. Eddie Marine is another matter. My two orders for powder coated stuff from them took over a month each. When I called to find out what was going on they told me they were waiting for enough orders to be placed to do the powder coating. That's BS. When I orderd the stuff they never said a word. That being said, their quality was good and price was competitive. They just should have been more forthcoming about how long it would take to fill the orders instead of leaving me guessing.

NorCal Gameshow
08-19-2002, 08:04 AM
propless, jetboatperformance.com has taken care of me. he even overnighted a replacement part when i had a problem, so i could get on the water on the weekend....