PDA

View Full Version : When you are tucked safely in bed at night remember...

spectratoad
04-03-2003, 08:48 AM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/307sleep4-med.bmp
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/307sleep3-med.bmp
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/307sleep2-med.bmp
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/307sleep1-med.bmp :(
I wear the same uniform but this kinda makes me want to give up those 250 thread count sheets while this is happening.

superdave013
04-03-2003, 09:18 AM
WOW

quig
04-03-2003, 09:21 AM
seeing those good folks enduring all that hardship for the security of my well being ... well I just gotta say THANK YOU to all who are doing there part.I know all of the crap that war brings with it but the folks in these pix are doing a job for the saftey of your country and mine and I never want to loose sight of that simple fact.So when you put you boat in at the ramp or have a cold silver lend a thought to these folks who continue to allow us to live our lives in freedom and do the things that we love so much.
steve Q
[ April 03, 2003, 05:29 PM: Message edited by: quig ]

Dusty Times
04-03-2003, 09:22 AM
We owe those boys (and girls) everything. We wouldn't have that peaceful sleep in our comfort without them. I just wish the ******* protesters would wake up and realize the same thing.

DickDanger
04-03-2003, 09:25 AM
I agree. I was in Mogadishu, Somalia, Dec 1992-Feb 1993, and the conditions were worse than that. No bathing for almost 2 weeks. No fresh water. Cobras, millipedes, rats, etc everywhere. Gunfire all night long. AC-130 gunships flying all day. Christmas and New Years spent there. Other than that, it was a great vacation!!! LMAO. I think that from now on, everyone I meet from here should give me a silver. Thank you. -DD Out

04-03-2003, 09:48 AM
WOW, I knew things were tough but those pics kinda put in perspective. eek! Not exactly the Ritz, huh? I give thanks every day for the men and women who protect our freedom and endure conditions like that so we may enjoy that freedom. These are the real heros, and when I think about those left wing liberal pukes who demonstrate against those who are assuring their freedom to demonstrate makes me want to kick some liberal ass.

126driver
04-03-2003, 10:01 AM
058:
WOW, I knew things were tough but those pics kinda put in perspective. eek! Not exactly the Ritz, huh? I give thanks every day for the men and women who protect our freedom and endure conditions like that so we may enjoy that freedom. These are the real heros, and when I think about those left wing liberal pukes who demonstrate against those who are assuring their freedom to demonstrate makes me want to kick some liberal ass. True dat. :mad: What about all of us millions that are behind our troops and appreciate them 100%? Where the hell are the news reports on that? burningm

miller19j
04-03-2003, 10:12 AM
126driver:
Where the hell are the news reports on that? burningm Watch Fox they show it! :)
We all owe these men and women a great deal! My hat goes off to all of them. http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/happy/xyxthumbs.gif

spectratoad
04-03-2003, 10:40 AM
Hey DD, That Somalia mission was a bad deal all around. I salute you!
I am very confident that the supporters far outnumber the protestors. I think that all in all the supports/patriots just aren't very vocal or protesting type people. And with the media slant as bad as it is it makes it seem alot worse.

HOSS
04-03-2003, 11:39 AM
Thanks spectratoad. I was actually contemplating a REUP. Now I`m back in perspective. My deadbeat ass has no business back in the Army.
A friend of mine is probably going back in. I think he needs to see this first.

spectratoad
04-03-2003, 11:47 AM
I would really like to be over there too. Two guys in my office left two weeks ago. I am disabled from Chapter 1 of the gulf so they say I am non-deployable so I get to sit here and drive a desk. The dad side of me though is kinda glad. It is tough though wearing the uniform but knowing that they won't let me go do my small part in all of this.

HavasuDreamin'
04-03-2003, 11:52 AM
058:
WOW, I knew things were tough but those pics kinda put in perspective. eek! Not exactly the Ritz, huh? I give thanks every day for the men and women who protect our freedom and endure conditions like that so we may enjoy that freedom. These are the real heros, and when I think about those left wing liberal pukes who demonstrate against those who are assuring their freedom to demonstrate makes me want to kick some liberal ass. I couldn't have said it better myself.

DickDanger
04-03-2003, 12:10 PM
Dont even get me started on these ****ing protesters. Yes, they have the right to protest, but what is it EXACTLY that they are protesting? Is it...
1. We shouldnt be over there trying to liberate a people that have died for generations at the hands of a tyrant? I guess that we should just bury our heads in the sand and adopt the "if it doesnt affect me personally, I dont care" stance.
Maybe its...
2. The UN was formed after WW II to put an end to any type of dictators in this world that threaten to do what Hitler was attempting to do. Mass killings, and a threat to every nation in the world with their WMD's. Again, maybe we should wait until Saddam actually uses these weapons, and THEN do something. Yep, that makes sense.
Nah, its gotta be...
3. So that while our boys and girls were over somewhere else, dying, they can say that they "did something" while they sleep in a warm comfortable bed evernight, have hot food on the table, and can take a hot shower everyday whenever they choose.
I ****ing cant believe these people. They make me sick. And for anyone that is going to judge, without ever having fought and served, rightly or wrongly, DD personally gives you the finger.
-DD Out

spectratoad
04-03-2003, 12:21 PM
DD. I think you are not in a good mood today. :D
I agree with you on these fags that are "exercising their rights". :mad:
They should go over there and protest against saddam for the right things. They haven't a clue about the world and how it operates. I would grant to say that alot of these so called protestors have never been across their own state borders. There is the right to protest but there is also the right to shut your pie-hole and give support for what we are there for. To get rid of a dictator and save some Iraqi lives from the torture and bloodshed that this dictator has dished out for around 20 years.
The UN is a F*&$ING joke and not even doing as you so rightly say, what they were set-up to do. Isn't that why the US was begged to go to Kosovo was to get rid of a guy doing just what saddam is doing???? :confused:
I think we should especially go to France and many other parts of Europe with troops completely take over the cemetaries that hold the bodies of 58,682 American soldiers and make that land US territory. Or if we bring all of those soldiers home each peace protestor should have to go there and dig up the bodies and bring them home and give them a proper burial at home.
Just my .02 :D

DickDanger
04-03-2003, 01:08 PM
Yeah, I guess that I am kind of grumpy today. It just irritates me about these protestors. Especially after seeing the pics above, those guys have it bad. And all they can think about it taking a shower, getting some hot food, talking to loved ones. Its rough, for sure. I ate MRE's and nothing BUT MRE's for over 2 months. After I saw "Black Hawk Down" where they are sitting in the nice tent, with the TV, drinking sodas, and BBQing, I was like " I dont remember any of that when I was there." We used to go meet the incoming cargo planes just as they touched down for a chance to drink on some nice, cold water. God Bless our troops. -Dick "Will try to lighten up" Danger Out

HavasuDreamin'
04-03-2003, 01:14 PM
spectratoad:
but there is also the right to shut your pie-hole and give support for what we are there for. To get rid of a dictator and save some Iraqi lives from the torture Amen! Also to rid a psyco of WMD that he may use on Americans in the next terrorist attack. burningm

spectratoad
04-03-2003, 03:06 PM
Yes those protestor really get me pissed but I think I hold more of a grudge against the media for not showing the other side and giving the amount of coverage to supporter as protesters thereby making it seem as if the protesters outnumber the true americans.

Backtanner
04-04-2003, 03:45 AM
That sure looks like a half full 40oz next to the guy in the bottom photo. Those guys must have it made. :D

NorCal Gameshow
04-04-2003, 05:23 AM
the protestors wouldn't protest against the regime long in iraq, they'd be dead..... how can they not know when they protest this, they're supporting a regime that condemns the civil liberties they enjoy

Blown 472
04-04-2003, 06:05 AM
spectratoad:
Yes those protestor really get me pissed but I think I hold more of a grudge against the media for not showing the other side and giving the amount of coverage to supporter as protesters thereby making it seem as if the protesters outnumber the true americans. The media is not going to show it cuz it is not censational shit, the media is money driven not news driven, the more people watch their crap the more money they make.

Hotcrusader76
04-04-2003, 06:20 AM
Sort of brings back memories of Kunsan Korea at the Army's tent city. What a hole! At least we still had internet in the tents...LMAO.
~Ty

Seadog
04-04-2003, 07:27 AM
The media concentrates on controversy because a divided or agitated public is more willing to tune in to the latest. It doesn't bother me to see the pics of troops living like that, because it is part of the life. The word is living. You can put up with the mud, the dust, the chaos and more. The key is to get out alive and healthy. There are nations that live like this for generations. It is good that our young men and women see how others live and experience that life for a period. They come home and enjoy the life here. They learn to appreciate our country better. The problem with many of the flakes that protest the war is that they have been pampered for so long that they have no touch with the world. They've lived in Disney Land so long, they think that is reality.

MJ19
04-04-2003, 08:06 AM
I pray for these troops daily and think of them each and every time I am comfortable, because I know the only reason I'm so comfy is because they are fighting for my rights to have a warm bed and food in my tummy! :)