PDA

View Full Version : Hey! iparky u out there?

AZKC
10-14-2002, 05:22 PM
Man I need to organize my pics, you asked for a pic of my Hawaiian Moonraker
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Reader_Rides/Jet_Boats/blewmoon_at_apache.JPG
This is at Apache Lake in AZ, I have since redid the interior and put the bow rails back on...
KC

AZKC
10-14-2002, 05:25 PM
Heres the Blew Moon at the channel 2 days before Easter weekend 3yrs ago.
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Reader_Rides/Jet_Boats/blew_moon_at_the_channel.JPG
1st time up there on a big weekend boy it got busy and $$$$
KC
[ October 14, 2002, 06:26 PM: Message edited by: AZKC ]

AZKC
10-14-2002, 05:31 PM
Here she is leaving Party Cove at Apache Lake in AZ for one last ski ride. Thru it in cause its a damn nice pic of the beauty that Apache Lake has but getting there is quite the adventure....
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Reader_Rides/Jet_Boats/blewmoon_at_apache1.JPG
KC

Havasu Doug
10-14-2002, 11:20 PM
Cool pics AZKC,
How often do you make it to Havasu?
Oh and by the way,
Hodaka Rules!! :D

AZKC
10-15-2002, 06:31 AM
Usually only once a year but may have to do a few more trips since the southern lakes dont seem to want to fill up with water and ones that have water get pretty packed with lake lice....
KC

VitaminSea
10-15-2002, 07:17 AM
AZKC, great shot of Lake Apache. used to go up there all the time in the mid to late 80's. you are right it is quite a tow to the lake. used to take over three hours from Tempe. It is still the winding, steep dirt road into the lake? But the water was great. We used to do a 5 day long weekend over Memorial Day. Would get a minimum of 5 to 10 boats, and all the dogs, kids, etc. and have a blast. The skiing was absolutely great. How is Pleasant since they deepened it. I never cared to much for it in the past. Thanks for the great memories. Cliff

AZKC
10-15-2002, 01:03 PM
Vitamin Sea,
Yeah the road still stinks once it turns to dirt but they have improved it some heading in from the Valley of the Sun,from Tortilla Flats they did some paving, on the Globe side they put in a new road all the way to the Young turn off just before Roosevelt Lake which right now is a mud hole only about 11% full(which translates to about 110-120ft of water). I've been going to Apache pretty solid since 1978 its gone thru some changes but it really is kinda still the same.
Glad you enjoyed the pics,
KC

DogHouse
10-15-2002, 03:41 PM
AZKC, I've been frequenting Apache for several years now with a bunch of my friends from Tucson that have been going there since time began. I bet we've parked next to you at party cove and not even known it! Here's a shot of my buddy's Kachina and my Cheetah in the background at Apache. We'll all have to hook up next season and swap Apache stories!
-brian
http://members.cox.net/bcurnutt2/apache%202001/clown.jpg

iparky
10-15-2002, 08:14 PM
Hey AZKC,
Got the pics, thanks alot. I would say our boats are the same. Mine has plexiglas windows that went forward, and a bowrail. Like I said earlier I completely rebuilt the boat ($12,000) worth back in 1995. I changed the windows to lean backwards aswell as cut the walk thru at the seating area to angle to the front of the boat instead of towards the back, alot easier to make access to the driver seat. I don't have any digital pics or a scanner anymore. oh that reminds me I sold the boat to a friend last week for $5000.00. My wife said I sold it to cheap. sorry everyone I have gone to the other side and bought a Wakeboard boat from Moomba, yes I am hating myself for selling my squirt, but the new ride is real cool and rides awsome.

AZKC
10-16-2002, 05:00 PM
iparky, yeah mine used to have windscreens facing forward as you described and my bow rails are back on.(wanted more stuff to wipe down)....
Doghouse, if you were in party cove after 9am I was usually to hammered to see :D I usually try and tie up across from the diving/jumping cliff by the big rocks gets alittle to LOUD back in the cove(If its too loud your to old, OK I'm old). My 454 is dead and at the machine shop. Back on the water in the spring see ya there...
DH shot ya a 5 for being a member of the Apache Lake Hill People...
KC
[ October 16, 2002, 06:03 PM: Message edited by: AZKC ]

DogHouse
10-16-2002, 07:01 PM
"Apache Lake Hill People", LMAO!!! Interesting folks to say the least!
-brian :D

XTRM22
10-17-2002, 06:27 AM
Apache Lake Hill People? LOL I used to resemble that comment! Although I was one of the Uppity Rednecks, camping in the back of the truck at Burnt Corral. Ah the good old days, Sundown Drag racing, making 10 trips to the marina for ice, and watching Gary Smith AKA "Predator" make 120mph passes in his 22' Daytona. For a little extra time and money, I guess we'll keep staying in the motorhome at Havasu, but Apache holds a bunch of memories for me too! :D
Chuck

DogHouse
10-17-2002, 12:22 PM
Chuck, I think "Apache Lake Hill People" more refers to the locals. Pretty sure there's a sign on the way in saying something about the road being maintained by them or something of the sort. They have a nice spot to hang their hats and definitely live at a different pace than us "city folks"!
Hey, sorry I didn't really have time to stop and hang out in the channel last time. We were on our way out at that point. Besides, the wind kept blowing me to the side and I really didn't want to squeeze in and swap gelcoat with ya!
-brian