PDA

View Full Version : Big headed dad....

burbanite
09-04-2003, 07:11 PM
That's me!!!!!
My youngest daughter is singing for the President tomorrow.
She found out on Tuesday, has had to go through a whole series of rehearsals, super secret squirrel stuff until they (secret service) let it be known what was going to happen. She was on the local news tonight showing rehearsals.
Regardless of your preferences it is still something special. :)
Ahhh, it's good to be a dad...

MRS FLYIN VEE
09-04-2003, 07:20 PM
congrats on the great news. I bet she is really excited about it. I can tell you are a proud daddy. and should be. That is great news not everyone has the chance to do something like this in there lifetime. You have a great girl. Will it be on T.V? I would like to watch it if possible.

chub
09-04-2003, 07:31 PM
burbanite tell us all when to watch/record, that is a very special recognition and all members should check it out. Congrats to your youngin and her very proud parents

OutCole'd
09-04-2003, 07:51 PM
Way to go !! I bet you are not going to be sleeping much tonight. Let us know how it goes.

C-2
09-04-2003, 08:01 PM
Way cool...tell her congrats on scoring that gig!!!!

JetBoatRich
09-04-2003, 08:08 PM
That is really cool, how many people can say they did that :)

burbanite
09-04-2003, 09:06 PM
Ahh yes,
you could say that I was puffing my chest out... wink
To be honest, I'm not sure if it will be televised or not. There will be some coverage of his speech/presentation tomorrow but it is kind of vague.
I do know that there are many road closures around the area that he is going to and we were given maps showing where and when. The last two days the "guys in black" have been setting up the venue, controlling everything (and I mean everything), they have total control over 100% of the whole deal, even if you own the venue...
Funny thing is, she is mostly concerned that she is going to be late getting back for her cheerleading that night... :rolleyes:

Daytona19
09-05-2003, 01:57 AM
Your lucky shes not singing for "Clinton" he would be calling you for the next umpteen years till she was old enough to you know, date.
lol

Trailer Park Casanova
09-05-2003, 03:12 AM
Fantastic

Back To Havasu
09-05-2003, 10:40 AM
Congratulations. You are very lucky. Let us know if it is going to be televised. :)

HavasuDreamin'
09-05-2003, 11:56 AM
Congrats from Tracy and I.

burbanite
09-05-2003, 12:13 PM
Wow,
this is cool. Helicopters flying overhead, roads are blocked off, guys with guns behind every tree....
Not sure if it is televised or not, the preview was on NBC last night but of course the programming guides are set up for whatever is usually on.
Coincidentally our business is approx 1/4 mile from the event, just can't get to it...

jlnorthrup122
09-05-2003, 05:48 PM
congradulations burbanite and daughter that is really cool! so obviously you will be meeting the pres as well! well good luck to yah! :cool: