PDA

View Full Version : You have six months to live

Blown 472
02-13-2003, 01:35 PM
what do you do?? since the other one is such a good topic.

mbrown2
02-13-2003, 01:40 PM
Change nothing...I live everyday like its the last now...Maybe stop working so I could enjoy more..

GlastronGuy
02-13-2003, 01:43 PM
Die in six months.

78Eliminator
02-13-2003, 01:46 PM
Write a will, give all my shit to my family then blow my brains out. I decide my fate, not someone else :)

Jordy
02-13-2003, 01:47 PM
78Eliminator:
Write a will, give all my shit to my family then blow my brains out. I decide my fate, not someone else :) Then one month later your family finds out that your excellent HMO provider had a computer glitch and it turns out you only have a simple STD, nothing life threatening... :D

78Eliminator
02-13-2003, 01:54 PM
jordanpaulk:
78Eliminator:
Write a will, give all my shit to my family then blow my brains out. I decide my fate, not someone else :) Then one month later your family finds out that your excellent HMO provider had a computer glitch and it turns out you only have a simple STD, nothing life threatening... :D Then my family could sue for a tidy some. My life at that point, would have been worth something....

Blown 472
02-13-2003, 01:55 PM
Simple STD??

78Eliminator
02-13-2003, 01:56 PM
Blown 472:
Simple STD?? I think it's safe to say that Jordy has some experience in that.

Jordy
02-13-2003, 01:57 PM
Blown 472:
Simple STD?? Something curable, not terminal. Couldn't really say "common cold" now could I? Stop being so ****ing critical or we're boxing and I'll put $20 on you, just so you don't lose money and get your ass kicked at the same time. :D :D :D

Jordy
02-13-2003, 01:58 PM
78Eliminator:
I think it's safe to say that Jordy has some experience in that. Sorry to disappoint, but I've never had any kinds of critters running amok on my tool.

78Eliminator
02-13-2003, 02:01 PM
jordanpaulk:
Blown 472:
Simple STD?? Something curable, not terminal. Couldn't really say "common cold" now could I? Stop being so ****ing critical or we're boxing and I'll put $20 on you, just so you don't lose money and get your ass kicked at the same time. :D :D :D My money is on Blown, even though he doesn't have a velocity stack.

Blown 472
02-13-2003, 02:01 PM
jordanpaulk:
Blown 472:
Simple STD?? Something curable, not terminal. Couldn't really say "common cold" now could I? Stop being so ****ing critical or we're boxing and I'll put $20 on you, just so you don't lose money and get your ass kicked at the same time. :D :D :D :D :D :D Jordy"always thinking of others" Paulk

Blown 472
02-13-2003, 02:02 PM
jordanpaulk:
78Eliminator:
I think it's safe to say that Jordy has some experience in that. Sorry to disappoint, but I've never had any kinds of critters running amok on my tool. This has been quite the learning day spelling wise that is, RD posting some verbage and now amok. :D

Jordy
02-13-2003, 02:03 PM
78Eliminator:
My money is on Blown, even though he doesn't have a velocity stack. Seems to me you were betting on yourself a while back, so your say in this is diluted at best. :D

Jordy
02-13-2003, 02:07 PM
I thought you'd appreciate that one RD. :D

Tom Foolery
02-13-2003, 03:34 PM
Hmmmmm.....tough one still so much I want to do. A boat trip to surf Indo would be on the list, rent a ferrari and see how fast i could get to vegas sit at the high rollers table & play a few hands. Spend some quality time with the family. Eat all the bad things that taste good. Go for a ride in a top fuel dragster. The list could go on forever.

Jrocket
02-13-2003, 03:39 PM
78Eliminator:
Blown 472:
Simple STD?? I think it's safe to say that Jordy has some experience in that. Do you want me too spill the beans??? :D

Jordy
02-13-2003, 03:40 PM
Jrocket:
Do you want me too spill the beans??? :D I'm interested in what you think you're spilling. :D

superdave013
02-13-2003, 03:45 PM
Well, this hit's home kinda close.
One of my really really good friends is suffering from cancer right now. He's 44 years old and has 4 kids. He's gonna die and there is no way around it. It started in his lungs but now it's pretty much ****ing all through out his entire body.
He says he's much luckier then getting killed on the spot because he gets to plan for it.
He is getting his stuff in order. Selling off things and giving things to who he wants to.
He's saying good by to all his loved ones.
It's a pretty tough deal really. Lots of his firends don't come around anymore because they don't know what to say or do. He's got a good head on his shoulders and he's a pretty tough dude.
So I don't know what I would do but that's pretty much what he's up to.

78Eliminator
02-13-2003, 03:48 PM
superdave013:
So I don't know what I would do but that's pretty much what he's up to. I hope you keep visiting your friend. You find out who the real deal kinda people are when you get sick like that. I am going through the same thing with my mother right now. Not an easy thing.

Jrocket
02-13-2003, 03:48 PM
Six months too live? Id be busy for all 6 of them.First I'd go on a major theft run!! Cars,boats,guns,small animals,you know,fun stuff.Then I would start collecting cash,robbing banks,people with cash and such.I would then just go and live life on the edge,sky diving,nasty hookers,gambling in Vegas with no way to pay the mob back,stuff like that.Towards my last few months,I'd get out my little book that I keep with all the peoples names that pissed me off over time.Stock up on ammo and go ballistic.I'd follow the voices in my head and start at the DMV and work my way towards the top names on my list,then I would..........
Dam Im starting to scare myself!!!!!!Im only kidding,id do everything except the wacking people part.I think.... :D

Tom Foolery
02-13-2003, 03:50 PM
superdave013:
Well, this hit's home kinda close.
One of my really really good friends is suffering from cancer right now. He's 44 years old and has 4 kids. He's gonna die and there is no way around it. It started in his lungs but now it's pretty much ****ing all through out his entire body.
He says he's much luckier then getting killed on the spot because he gets to plan for it.
He is getting his stuff in order. Selling off things and giving things to who he wants to.
He's saying good by to all his loved ones.
It's a pretty tough deal really. Lots of his firends don't come around anymore because they don't know what to say or do. He's got a good head on his shoulders and he's a pretty tough dude.
So I don't know what I would do but that's pretty much what he's up to. Wow thats rough. I'm sorry to hear that. frown

Jordy
02-13-2003, 03:56 PM
superdave013:
Lots of his firends don't come around anymore because they don't know what to say or do. On the bright side, if there is one, and I think in this situation, you would have to look on the bright side and make the best of every minute you have left, he does get to take his time and say what needs to be said, do what needs to be done, and overall, help the people close to him get some closure with the whole situation versus just getting killed in a car wreck where you don't have that opportunity. It's not easy either way, but there is an opportunity to get all those things off your chest you need to and have no regrets about the things you wish you had a chance to say.
As far as the friends, it's a rough deal. Lots of people don't handle that kind of thing well, as it's not easy. You have to do what you have to do, but the feelings of regret they will have down the road will be tremendous. All you can do is be there for him and laugh and remember the good times.

Havasu Cig
02-13-2003, 04:06 PM
The problem with this scenerio is that the people I have known that have had terminal diseases were very sick for most part until they died. When you see this happen a couple of times it kind of f@#ks with your head.

ROZ
02-13-2003, 05:00 PM
Havasu Cig:
The problem with this scenerio is that the people I have known that have had terminal diseases were very sick for most part until they died. When you see this happen a couple of times it kind of f@#ks with your head. That's pretty much what I has thinking. 6mos usually = about 1 month of good days and then you're gone in about 3 months.

HammerDown
02-13-2003, 07:31 PM
Buy a Lamborghini...and drive out West to party with some of you people.

JetBoatRich
02-13-2003, 08:03 PM
Havasu Cig:
The problem with this scenerio is that the people I have known that have had terminal diseases were very sick for most part until they died. When you see this happen a couple of times it kind of f@#ks with your head. In this case, just kill me!

Laveyman
02-14-2003, 04:47 AM
Been there myself. Ten years ago I was given a 20% chance of beating cancer. I made up my mind that I was not going to let some microscoping thing kick my a$$, and it didn't. Since then I have adopted a few new mantras:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Life's too short to put with a$$holes. There's plenty of good folks out there. Surround yourself with them and leave the others behind you.<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Life's too short to not be happy. If you're not happy with the way your life is going...Change it or learn to live with it.<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">If it's worth doing, it's worth doing it right.<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Life's too short to drink cheap liquor.<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">:cool:

JetBoatRich
02-14-2003, 06:45 AM
Glad your here to write that, wise words for all.

spectratoad
02-14-2003, 07:12 AM
Take the ex to lunch. devil and spend alot of money I don't have. This would be on two seperate occasions of course. I wouldn't spend money on her.
[ February 14, 2003, 07:13 AM: Message edited by: spectratoad ]

Desert Rat
02-14-2003, 08:07 AM
I just hope the six months were during the summer months and not during the winter!!! First order of business would be to take out a hella big insurance policy ( so the family could pay off what I'm about to do) than go find one screaming ass boat, a nice place at the river and have the Bud truck make regular stops at the house, after all who would care about the liver at that point. Whatever happens after that should be all good!

Skaterfast
02-14-2003, 09:25 AM
Find a quite beach to call home and camp out with the boat and family.Spend as much time with the kids as possible.Home(beach) school them.Teach them to read,fish,love,laugh,etc.