PDA

View Full Version : My new Bennelli auto shot gun

BUSTI
09-30-2003, 12:12 PM
What a deal! I just bought a used( 2 yr old) Bennelli S190 Tactical Military Automatic 12 gauge shot gun. It has the extension tube that holds 8 shells and it also has a pistol grip. The previous owner's husband died and she wanted to get rid of them. I think I got a great deal.
Oh my God!!! It fires so fast ...as fast as you can pull the trigger! What an ass kicker! The commies here in California made this weapon illegal if it has a pistol grip so I guess I have to remove that. Also I bought from the same lady a .44 Rugar Redhawk revolver with a 5 inch barrel. It is 6 months old and never been fired. The shot gun was only fired once ...actaully only 10 shells thats all! I bought the Bennelli for $500.00 and the .44 for $100.00!! Both for $600.00. That includes carrying case and holster.

Slick
09-30-2003, 12:15 PM
That's a hell of a deal on the Bennelli. That is an awesome piece. If you can hold onto it, you can empty the chamber before the first round hits the floor. It's a very, very fast shotgun.
[ September 30, 2003, 01:16 PM: Message edited by: Slick ]

mirvin
09-30-2003, 12:19 PM
RTFO!!! wink wink
The commies here in California made this weapon illegal if it has a pistol grip so I guess I have to remove that. Bastards. Doesn't it piss you off that you have to risk a felony just to protect yourself!!!!

eliminatedsprinter
09-30-2003, 12:21 PM
The reason I don't have a shotgun is because I can't afford a Bennelli and it is the only one I want (besides a custom over and under, which I also can't afford).
Are you going to shoot it in practical shotgun or 2 gun type competition?
[ September 30, 2003, 01:23 PM: Message edited by: eliminatedsprinter ]

Chase
09-30-2003, 12:42 PM
Hey guys, it is great to see this topic on here, sounds like you got a sweet deal on the Benelli. Totally illegal here in CAnada, which sucks...all because of the magazine capacity. Can't hold more than 3 shells here. That is why Tom Knapp never comes to perform in Canada.
I just got a sweet deal on a Browning Citori O/U lightning. New they are around $2,300 but I got a deal from an older gentleman who fired one shot with the gun and parked it. He let it go for $1,400. NO TAX either. I saved like $1,200 on this gun.
I just got back from a hunting trip, where we were hunting Hungarian partridge...lots of fun and the new Browning worked excellent.

BADBLOWN572
09-30-2003, 02:54 PM
BUSTI that is a killer deal. I have fired the Benelli multiple times and that thing is awesome. My friend has one that is police issue and fires everthing from slugs to beanbags. It also acts as both a pump or a semi auto. In semi auto mode it will fire the nine (8 in the tube 1 in the chamber) shots as fast as you can pull the trigger. No joke, you will fire all nine shots before the first shell casing hits the ground. If you ever want to get rid of the Benelli let me know. I am more than willing to risk a felony to have that gun!
[ September 30, 2003, 03:54 PM: Message edited by: BADBLOWN572 ]

Trailer Park Casanova
09-30-2003, 03:00 PM
I was at the Sporting Clays range in Mesquite Nevada and the Spanish National team was there with Bennellis.
Beautiful weapons.
I always wanted one.
They are super expensive.

Mandelon
09-30-2003, 03:20 PM
Look close to see the warning label.... :D
http://images.somethingawful.com/mjolnir/images/cg07152003/DoombatINC1.jpg

johnboy
09-30-2003, 04:53 PM
First Double post....
What did I win? Maybe a Bennelli
Johnboy
[ September 30, 2003, 05:54 PM: Message edited by: johnboy ]

johnboy
09-30-2003, 04:53 PM
Mandelon:
Look close to see the warning label.... :D
http://images.somethingawful.com/mjolnir/images/cg07152003/DoombatINC1.jpg I had one of them little glocks .40 S&W cal sub compact...Thing was small but when it took the end of my thumb off I sold it...Now I carry a Titanium .38 with +ps...It does the job just fine, easier to handle and lighter than the plasto pistol. Nothing against Glock, just did not care for the subcompact.
BTW I bird hunt with a Franchi O/U and a Beretta Auto 20 ga
Johnboy

BUSTI
09-30-2003, 06:12 PM
Thanks for input guys! I scooped it up only because recently we went to Barstow and went off roading to check out my sons rebuilt pick up and we took our weapons. My nephew brought his and man I fell in love with it. He brought his portable clay bird slinger and we jsut shot our shot guns for about 3 hours. but the high light of the day was his Bennelli. Then one of my customers told me about her late husbands guns for sale. Her neighbor beat to the ol man's Desert Eagle!
She needed the cash and i told her that she was settling cheap and she said she wanted somebody to have that would appreciate it. So cool she was. i gave her a $200.00 gift certificate to Vons grocery store in the mail I felt so guilty about the price and she called me crying to thank me.
Well I am going to go to the desert this weekend a nd fire that bad boy all day on Sunday. As fast as I could fire this weapon it still was not fast enough! The first shell hadn't even fell on the ground and dude was empty. I know its crazy to get excited about firing a gun like that...but when my sons go walking in the desert and pack in our lunch and just hang out we have the best time. I can't wait to take duck hunting this year! We have been invited to Monterey Mexico to hunt with some relatives at a lodge on a private ranch.
See ya guys later i'm going home for the nite and polish the Bennelli up!(sorry for the typos its late for me) :D

TANK
09-30-2003, 06:15 PM
Both very fine guns.Sounds like you got a great deal.Rugers are my favorite.

Kilrtoy
09-30-2003, 06:51 PM
Nice gun, but way over priced. All it is, is a shotgun. The only one that can pump is the M3. The Beretta and the Benelli are the same gun and the Beretta is way cheaper..... Shop around you can get one with two tubes for $750.00
It must be pretty bad when you need a Semi ayuto shotgun for home protection.....

LAPD Gary
09-30-2003, 10:07 PM
No need to get rid of the pistol grip,
it IS legal in CA.(!)/as long as it falls in this category:
12276.1 (6)P.C. "Assault weapons" as defined by the penal code:
A semiautomatic shotgun that has BOTH of the following:
(A) A folding or telescoping stock.
(B) A pistol grip that protrudes conspiciously beneath the action of the weapon, thumbhole stock, or vertical handgrip.
(7) A semiautomatic shotgun that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine.
(8) Any shotgun with a revolving cylinder
Assuming you have what you say, you DO NOT have a folding stock, thus the pistol grip is legal.
Most folks confuse the restrictions on centerfire rifles with shotguns, different guidelines.
I own an M3 I picked up for $600 from a fellow copper 6 years ago,and use a 14"barreled M1 for work. After firing over 400 slugs and 00buck through the M1 with no malfunctions, I'm gonna sell the M3 and get the M1 and there are no dedicated light mounts for the M3 and owning a defense shotgun without a dedicated light system is as silly as driving a car at night with no lights.
Rem. 870's are surely good for defense work as well, I could'nt argue that the Benelli is superior over the 870 other than the rapid fire issue, however a trained operator IS just as lethal with an 870, as our brothers in SIS have shown/LOL!
The only shotguns that are currently banned in Ca. are as follows:
Franchi SPAS 12 and LAW 12
Striker 12
The Streetsweeper type S/S Inc. SS/12
And the bonus question:
Does the defintion of an assault weapon also apply to rim fire rifles?

LAPD Gary
10-01-2003, 05:40 AM
The prize is you're informed and know what the cop will and won't take out of the back of your truck on your next traffic stop/LOL.
You are correct sir, definition of an assault weapon does not apply to rimfire rifles.
As for registration, you must remember, in our state, possession of the unregistered assault weapon or unregistered "other" firearm by a "non prohibited possesser" is a misdemeanor. That being said, conviction on this law varies GREATLY by county.
Rule of thumb, the ranger or BLM agent will most likely run your assault weapons numbers to ensure they are registered prior to 2000. A non "assault weapon" as deemed by 12276 can be unregistered and owned by someone over 30 years of age who has no felony convictions. Remember, the state has virtually no records of long gun sales prior to 1999 and no records (DROS) of handguns prior to 1990. But if you bought the weapon recently, registration is required and ensures you get the gun back if it is stolen and recovered.
But a good attitude on the possesor's part during a law enforcement stop always helps.
Firearms laws in Ca. are some of the strangest laws in existance. A certain situation involving a firearm can range from an infraction to a felony based solely on certain circumstances with the history of a particular weapon.

RandyH
10-01-2003, 06:07 AM
Kilrtoy:
Nice gun, but way over priced. All it is, is a shotgun. The only one that can pump is the M3. The Beretta and the Benelli are the same gun and the Beretta is way cheaper..... Who gives a rip about the price Kilrtoy. He got a deal and was happy about it. SOunds like a nice gun Busti. My Krieghoff is way over priced, but I bought it anyway :confused: . But my Benelli SBE gets most of my shoulder time. Cleans up easy too. Have fun with it Busti.
RandyH

BADBLOWN572
10-01-2003, 06:55 AM
LAPDGuy, I know for a fact that my friend was required to register his M3 Benelli. If you do not have the registration card with the gun at all times, it is subject to impound and a criminal charge can be filed against the owner of the gun. It is stupid to see how much they are requiring to register. I had to register an M1A rifle that I got from my grandfather. The thing is the farthest thing from an assault rifle. The only reason why...it has a 2" flash supressor on the barrel. BS!!!

77charger
10-01-2003, 08:00 AM
the answer to the bonus ? is NO. :D :D
Remember LR i got a near perfect score on your quiz before :D

LAPD Gary
10-01-2003, 09:12 AM
Badblown,
if your "buddie's" M3 did not have a folding stock AND a pistol grip=it DID NOT require registration as an ASSAULT WEAPON
I'd like to know what Law Enforcement agency required him to do this? You may have the Dealer's record of sale (DROS) confused with the 2000 assault weapons registration program. DROS is part of ALL gun sales.
Same goes for an M1A: Without two of the following in combination-a detachable box magazine and one of the following/ it is NOT defined as an assault weapon:
(A) A pistol grip that protrudes conspiciously beneath the action of the weapon
(B) A thumbhole stock
(C) A grenade launcher or flare launcher
(D) A folding or telescoping stock
(E) A forward pistol grip
In other words, take the flash suppressor off and it is not defined as an "assault weapon"
Side note:
NO ONE has been convicted of owning an unregistered assault weapon in ca. based on the flash suppressor as the defining charatcteristic to deem it an assault rifle.
Why you ask?
1. Who has done a test/whether it be Ca. or Fed. that proves any flash suppressor actually "suppresses" the muzzle flash? answer:No one
2.What's the difference between a flash suspressor and a muzzle brake? answer: No case law on this yet/makes conviction very tricky,if not impossible.
Only the State Dept. of Justice/firearms section and the LAPD Detective Headquarters Div./Gun Unit have detectives assigned to investigate illegal gun ownership/sales in Ca. I worked as a detective for the latter. There are 14 state agents and 12 in my old unit. Do the math, most LEO's don't know possession laws or what is/is'nt registered.
I'd be more concerned with all the gun stores out there that are ripping off customers by charging more than is legally allowed with the transfer fees.
The state requires a $20 registration fee and ALLOWS gun dealers to add on up to an additional $10 dollars to the fee for their own use. Outside of LA, I've encountered 6 stores in Orange,San Berdo., and Riverside counties that charge 15-30 dollars more. That is fraud and those dealers should be reported.

burbanite
10-01-2003, 09:17 AM
Ya gotta love a shotgun as a personal protection device :D , especially one like that.
Good deal BUSTI, shame about the DE though, I love mine and if you can work through the small issues some of them have they are a lot of kick ass fun.

LAPD Gary
10-01-2003, 09:28 AM
As for carrying the registration card for a registered assault weapon, 12285P.C. does not state that the registered owner MUST have the registration paperwork with them. It is, however, wise to do so as most Officers do not know this and think that is a must when in fact, it is NOT. Rio Dog's pointers on attitude go a long way on this one.

BUSTI
10-01-2003, 10:04 AM
I registered the gun as my home owners insurance policy requires it. Here is a picture with it as it looks now. The registration card and receipt from the purchase date says its 2 years old. When in doubt register. And I always disclose to police officers if I am transporting weapons.
I am a CA Real Estate Broker and one firearm charge could get my lic. revoked. Law and order thats my middle name! Anyway here is the gun with the pistol grip and with out http://securityarms.com/20010315/galleryfiles/2000/2078.htm I am so happy with the gun. Of course there are other weapons but I am happy with what I paid for it and I think I'll get years of service with it. :D

LAPD Gary
10-01-2003, 10:14 AM
You got the Benelli for a very good price indeed. You can get a larger charging handle and 3 point sling for the Benelli at Botach.com , the Toys R Us for tactical folks.