PDA

View Full Version : Roll Call - Shasta 28 June - 6 July

spectratoad
06-20-2003, 08:29 AM
There will be several of us at Nelson Point for the above dates. Who else will be there and lets get a list and maybe meet somewhere and float. :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-20-2003, 08:32 AM
Is there a big thing out there? I don't think I've ever been. :confused:

spectratoad
06-20-2003, 08:37 AM
No, There are about 50 - 60 of us at Nelson point campground. Just a bunch of friends over many years. I have just been noticing between the ***boat, Banderlog and Laid Back Boaters forums that alot of people are going to be there at the same time and seeing if anyone wants to get together. We did this last year too and it was some good mellow float time.

spectratoad
06-20-2003, 06:10 PM
bump

Robbie Racer
06-21-2003, 01:58 PM
We will be there Todd. See you next week. R/R

BiggusJimbus
06-21-2003, 07:21 PM
Where the hell is Nelson Point?
Gotta go look at the map.
I'm planning on being in the general vicinity of Sugarloaf/Antlers. Not sure of my exact destination yet.
It's going to be shakedown for the boat, so it'll be helpful to have other known folks in the region for emergency purposes.
Jim.

BiggusJimbus
06-21-2003, 08:55 PM
Doh.
Never mind. I see it.
So, what are the advantages to this place?
Looks to be about a mile from my usual haunt (The saddle at Gooseneck, across from Beehive)
Jim.

spectratoad
06-22-2003, 08:06 AM
Yes, It is directly across and up the cove from Sugarloaf. I don't know if there are any advantages. Our group just rents the whole campground for the 10 days we are there.
Witchcraft and I are leaving Friday night after the wives get off work and we will probably just stay at Wal-Mart for the night in Redding and just roll into Nelson Point Saturday Morning.

LaidBackInReno
06-22-2003, 08:13 AM
I will be there. Like you did'nt know that Todd! Let get a meeting time and day. This is going to be a good ten days.

BK
06-22-2003, 08:26 AM
A bunch of us LBBAers will be at Antlers the 27th-29th. Last year we hung out a little at cove up past Nelson Point (at the end of the arm by the launch ramp). Im gonna try and go up today to check things out, if you go up past Antlers to the top of the Sac arm there a sandy beach right befor the bridge. Im thinking of setting up a couple ez ups there for a place to hang out, mabye we could all meet up there? I'll post after I check it out.

BiggusJimbus
06-22-2003, 08:34 AM
Well,
That sounds like a plan. Don't know if I'm going to do my regular spot, or scout out something new.
I'll have my hands full with the boat shakedown, and would rather be near people, but I still prefer camping near the boat. Plus, I may have friends coming looking for me, so some place where you can see people arrive is always good. That was always one of the benefits of being across from Beehive.
Anyway, we'll see what happens as we get closer to the w/end.
Jim.

BK
06-22-2003, 09:12 AM
BiggusJimbus:
Well,
That sounds like a plan. Don't know if I'm going to do my regular spot, or scout out something new.
I'll have my hands full with the boat shakedown, and would rather be near people, but I still prefer camping near the boat. Plus, I may have friends coming looking for me, so some place where you can see people arrive is always good. That was always one of the benefits of being across from Beehive.
Anyway, we'll see what happens as we get closer to the w/end.
Jim. You can check out our plans on the Banderlog board and LBBA board. We have 3 group sights reserved and theres room if you choose to go that route. We'll also be having a potluck on Saturday night so the more the merrier! I'll be posting more details on Banderlog in the next day or two if interested. :)

spectratoad
06-22-2003, 11:53 AM
Maybe Sat night we can cruise up to join you guys for the potluck. We will either drive or boat. It is always fun to try to navigate back in the dark after we hit Lakeshore for some dancing. :D

BK
06-22-2003, 03:48 PM
Hopefully you guys can make it up! We'll be in sites 50,51 and 53.

LaidBackInReno
06-22-2003, 04:45 PM
BK, Me and spectra toad will be sure to make it. It will be good to see you all again. Like it has really been a long time huh.LOL

BiggusJimbus
06-22-2003, 05:38 PM
That sounds great to me as well, however, I don't have lights on, so no runny after dark for me.
Probably just as well. Easier to stay out of trouble that way. Maybe we'll move up the river to that site across from the bridge. Hmm.
I'll follow up on banderlog. Got to figure out my brother's plans with his kids and all. Might affect my plans too.
Too much to do. Got to make it. Arrgh.
Jim.

Rock-it man
06-22-2003, 05:54 PM
Just found your thread,check out the thread at (WEST) shasta blast there going to be a very large gathering of hot boats at shasta the 4th of july weekend alls welcome a lot of us will have our houseboats near the obrian inlet on the sacramento arm and will meet up each day under the i-5 bridge at noon watch for a purple datona with yellow and orange flames plan on burning up a lot of fuel that weekend, will answer to drifting dream on the houseboat ch 16 marine radio See Ya There ROCK-IT MAN

BK
06-22-2003, 05:54 PM
Yeah Tyson it has been a while, im sure you hairs probley to you shoulders by now!! LOL wink Look forward to seing you and your family again.
Forgot to mention, I just got back from Shasta and the water is still WAY up and there isnt even a ramp at Sugar Loaf right now so everyones using the Lakehead ramp.
Jim, I think the place accross from the bridge your talkin about is Gregory Beach? If so it looks real good there but kinda rocky. We'll have kids in our group as well so dont hesitate to bring um too. :)
[ June 22, 2003, 06:57 PM: Message edited by: BK ]

spectratoad
06-22-2003, 06:59 PM
Man I can't wait to see the water level. That sounds awesome. We will definitely be at the I5 area. I may have to go buy a cb now before the trip. If anyone has the motorola radios we are on channel 7 7.

spectratoad
06-22-2003, 06:59 PM
Man I can't wait to see the water level. That sounds awesome. We will definitely be at the I5 area. I may have to go buy a cb now before the trip. If anyone has the motorola radios we are on channel 7/7.

BiggusJimbus
06-22-2003, 07:28 PM
I love a full lake.
I think last time that I was there with this much water in the lake was 1982 or 3.
I remember we had to chainsaw the deadwood off the beach so we'd have room.
Gregory Beach... Let me consult my little map here...

acatitude
06-23-2003, 04:40 PM
will be pulling in thursday night set camp friday morning and have a days water time on ya Todd. lol But I do have to hope some one else is there friday with truck, as I know i wont make it down that launch road with the motor home and the new sow on back. lol See ya Saturday Bud. Hey Todd if ya have one of those 2 prong white lites for the back bring it just in case I cant find mine and we will take the sow over to lakeshore.

acatitude
06-23-2003, 08:15 PM
Hey Todd, last week the water was 6 ft from the wooden steps we walk down to the beach on. and the path from my campsite over to the steps is under water. maybe no beach but lots of water yahoo. maybe i can just jump off my hill there into water lol. see ya there .

acatitude
06-23-2003, 08:15 PM
Hey Todd, last week the water was 6 ft from the wooden steps we walk down to the beach on. and the path from my campsite over to the steps is under water. maybe no beach but lots of water yahoo. maybe i can just jump off my hill there into water lol. see ya there . :cool: :D