PDA

View Full Version : Download Music

spectratoad
01-04-2003, 11:37 AM
I know this was on here before but I can't find the thread. I wanted to burn some music onto CD. What is a good site since Napster is gone? I can't remember what it is called but it starts with a W doesn't it? Thanks All :D

TOBTEK
01-04-2003, 11:39 AM
www.winmx.com (http://www.winmx.com) im pretty sure

TOBTEK
01-04-2003, 11:41 AM
yep, that it. I also just bought a new computer just so I can burn music. Let us know how easy it is please....you do have a fast internet service right.

Wet Dream
01-04-2003, 11:43 AM
kazaalite is great. Pretty much the same thing Napster had. kazaa.com
[ January 04, 2003, 11:48 AM: Message edited by: Wet Dream ]

mbrown2
01-04-2003, 11:44 AM
kazaa.com and morpheus.com
Both are easy to use and have a pretty good selection.

spectratoad
01-04-2003, 11:48 AM
I will give it a try. I am at work so I have some time to learn how to use. Here goes. Thanks for the info. Winmix is what I was thinking of. Thanks again.

twistedpair
01-04-2003, 11:49 AM
Kazaa is easy to use but it has spyware embedded in it, I've heard a few horror stories about viruses, hackers etc. Kazaalite (if you can find it) is the same thing sans spyware.

TOBTEK
01-04-2003, 11:58 AM
also, just heard about www.bearshare.com (http://www.bearshare.com) never have used any of these, but SHE say's it easy.

mbrown2
01-04-2003, 12:04 PM
twistedpair:
Kazaa is easy to use but it has spyware embedded in it, I've heard a few horror stories about viruses, hackers etc. Kazaalite (if you can find it) is the same thing sans spyware. Never had any problems with hacking or viruses, but it does cause IE and File Manager to behave strangely when using. I only use Kazaa when I cannot find on Morpheus; then I go and use Kazaa with a list of everything I want and do not use the other programs that behave stragely...Kazaa does have better selection though.

GlastronGuy
01-04-2003, 12:07 PM
spectratoad:
I will give it a try. I am at work so I have some time to learn how to use. Here goes. Thanks for the info. Winmix is what I was thinking of. Thanks again. Since you say you are at work I am going to throw this into the pot. It is illegal to have mp3s of music unless you also own the CD or the artist distributed it that way. I only mention this so you don't get into any kind of trouble at work.

GlastronGuy
01-04-2003, 12:10 PM
twistedpair:
Kazaa is easy to use but it has spyware embedded in it, I've heard a few horror stories about viruses, hackers etc. Kazaalite (if you can find it) is the same thing sans spyware. Everyone should be scanning everything they download for virus' before they attempt to open or play it. I heard that the record industry has been putting out fake titles on Kazaa and the rest so you think you are downloading a song but you are really downloading nothing. I guess we're supposed to get frustrated and just go buy the CD.
[ January 04, 2003, 12:16 PM: Message edited by: GlastronGuy ]

mbrown2
01-04-2003, 12:13 PM
GlastronGuy:
twistedpair:
Kazaa is easy to use but it has spyware embedded in it, I've heard a few horror stories about viruses, hackers etc. Kazaalite (if you can find it) is the same thing sans spyware. Everyone should be scanning everything they download for virus' before they attempt to open or play it. I heard that the record industry has been putting out fake titles on Kazaa and the rest so you think you are downloading a song but you are really downloading nothing. I guess we're supposed to get frustrated and just go but the CD. Thats why I use the preview feature...hate to download someone elses screwed up version...

PussyPusher
01-04-2003, 05:11 PM
use WinMX only!!!!! Kazaa and Morpheus both use spyware when they install on your computer. There are programs out there that will scan your Hardrive to see if spyware is installed. Such as Gator! This is a big thing if you want your privacy.....

Jbb
01-04-2003, 06:20 PM
i like Limewire!

GlastronGuy
01-04-2003, 06:24 PM
PussyPusher:
use WinMX only!!!!! Kazaa and Morpheus both use spyware when they install on your computer. There are programs out there that will scan your Hardrive to see if spyware is installed. Such as Gator! This is a big thing if you want your privacy..... Kazaalite has no spyware. Gator is nothing but spyware.
Run adaware to get rid of spyware but be sure you know what you are deleting.
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

RiverLife
01-04-2003, 06:26 PM
JB, I was just going to say (type) that............. Limewire.

spectratoad
01-05-2003, 08:17 AM
I saw on winmix a $20 fee. Is this something I can avoid or are these programs that you pay for? I don't mind a small fee but if I can get around it, hey that is an extra 12pak or two. :D

HBjet
01-05-2003, 08:29 AM
Spectratoad, check your email!
HBjet

HBjet
01-05-2003, 08:33 AM
ok, your email was returned because the file I sent you was to big (1.64mb) Go to www.winmx.com (http://www.winmx.com) and there should be a link to get the latest version FREE!
HBjet

comin' unscrewed
01-05-2003, 10:40 AM
Beware Morpheus! They'll give your email to a great many of their "partners" and you'll get all the spam you could ever want. My advice is to stick with winmx.