PDA

View Full Version : Rapid Craft Opinions Please

slownugly
08-23-2002, 06:58 AM
I have posted a couple of topics asking for advise as a new boat buyer. I appreciate the info I have received from you guys. So can you help me again....
The boat in question is a 1998, 21FT Rapid Craft w/trailer and a 3.8L V-6 Offshore Black max. It is in "great" condition, and the motor is stock. I am not sure of the hours.
I cant find out much on rapid craft as far as builder info. What would you think it is worth?

HavasuBarney
08-28-2002, 07:44 AM
I did not know Rapid Craft even built a 21ft or they were in business in 1998...
They built a 20ft "Riot" and a 22ft "Twister" but I thought the last year they were building was 1996.
They made a Stoker-like boat for a few years also and a ski boat, "Hurricane" I believe.. but not sure of their size.
As far as I know they built quailty boats, Riots are very fast rough water lake boats. They used a Scorpion bottom and moved the dash back some 18 inches so they could run them w/outboards.

Back To Havasu
09-03-2002, 12:59 PM
I too am unfamiliar with the 21' Rapid Craft. In addition, I am unaware of Mercury offering in 1998 a 3.8 V6 engine. I have ridden in the 20' riot, and know people who own them, and they love the 20'riot. Be careful with the engine if it is indeed a 3.8 V6. Several years ago Mercury produced a 207,(3.4L) cubic inch displacement V6 outboard that was a dog and unreliable. Are you talking perhaps about a 231 cubic inch displacement Buick V6 with a Mercruiser Stern Drive? I suggest having the rig checked by an expert before purchase.

HavasuDreamin'
09-17-2002, 01:03 PM
Rapid Craft was not in business in 1998, they were forced into bankruptcy due to an accident on the cold water chain of lakes in Michigan in the mid to late 90's. I believe the last year was 1997.
They are solid boats.